FM18: Serie A - The home of Calcio

stgahoy

24 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Thanks for the suggestion :) How Berge and Rodrygo are performing?

Really well! Berge and Rodrygo joined a year ago and half a year ago, respectively. Berge averaged 7.13, but I think that was definitely lowered by the fact I was using him in so many different positions and roles because I didn't quite have the squad I wanted. Really excited to see him (and Rodrygo too!) this year, playing as the main BBM. Rodrygo ended with 7 goals and 3 assists in 15 league appearances, average rating of 7.23. So absolutely solid from both.

Just counted up how much was paid for my team (last transfer fee), and it came to just under £300m. Not bad considering their value is nearly double that!

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, zlatanera said:

5ad0f4486b1c1_ScreenShot2018-04-13at19_16_29.thumb.png.8cdb1b53883988c74c4119bf33235cf4.png

Clearly I have angered the fixture gods. We usually have a half-full stadium - not good for TV. Serie A and UEFA have teamed up to tank both my prospects of progressing in the CL and qualifying again this year. 17 days are effectively going to make or break my season. Then even if I do make it out of my CL group (or even into the Europa League) those same 4 domestic fixtures are late March - early April i.e. when knockout rounds get tasty. Not looking forward to this...

I`ve had the same in my 2nd season at Inter, Sassuolo (H), Real Madrid (Ch League QFs, A), Juventus (H), Real Madrid (H), Udinese (A), AC Milan (A), Manchester United (H, Ch League semifinals), some ****** team I drew against, think it was Chievo (H) and Manchester United (A). Was an insane run of games in little less than a month. I nearly lost the league, got knocked out of the Champions League semifinals and then lost the Coppa Italia Final too.

10 ore fa, Marius_R ha scritto:

I`ve had the same in my 2nd season at Inter, Sassuolo (H), Real Madrid (Ch League QFs, A), Juventus (H), Real Madrid (H), Udinese (A), AC Milan (A), Manchester United (H, Ch League semifinals), some ****** team I drew against, think it was Chievo (H) and Manchester United (A). Was an insane run of games in little less than a month. I nearly lost the league, got knocked out of the Champions League semifinals and then lost the Coppa Italia Final too.

That's why I want many players for every role..

I had to buy a LB reserve, a reserve CB and maybe a reserve GK (or I keep Audero) and by now I just bought Emerson Palmieri (12m €) and Howedes (13m €).
Now I have to work on midfield that I already like but that I can improve. I wanted Savic but he's really too expensive for this mercato session and maybe I buy another player that can play either as seconda punta and as centravanti (n. 9) and someone to replace Mandzukic if I am able to sell him. Oh and I want to keep some millions in case I found some good young player. For example there is a regen GK that seems has a very good potential (4* and 1* black) even if his stats aren't anything special atm.  I have 35m € left then let's see.

20 minutes ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

What I tend to do is have 2 players for each position. But, importantly, a number of these players will be capable of playing more than one role.

5 minuti fa, Aizo4576 ha scritto:

What I tend to do is have 2 players for each position. But, importantly, a number of these players will be capable of playing more than one role.

Me too but last year for example I had problems when Higuain got injured and I had just Mandzukic as poacher that had to play many matches in a row, This season I want a man more than can play as seconda punta and as poacher to avoid this problem..
Depends even if the players are injury prone, for example I want to have 5CB and 4 full backs + 1 that can play on both sides (Spinazzola in my case)

1 hour ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Same here, I like to have at least 2 players for each position, but I was just in my 2nd season with Inter and I had just cleared the debt the club had at the end of the season, so I was kind of restricted in terms of money, most of my transfers have been either free transfers, either loans with an optional fee. On the downside, I lost Icardi to Real Madrid for 110mil at the start of my 2nd season, and only 30% of that money went into the transfer budget. There was an obvious gap in quality between my first choice team, especially at the back, it`s one thing to play with Emerson-Skriniar-Sule-Dalbert or with D`Ambrosio-Ranocchia-Miranda-Santon as the back four. Against Chievo and Crotone it won`t make much of a difference, but it`s a different story against Milan, Juventus and Sassuolo.

3 ore fa, Marius_R ha scritto:

Same here, I like to have at least 2 players for each position, but I was just in my 2nd season with Inter and I had just cleared the debt the club had at the end of the season, so I was kind of restricted in terms of money, most of my transfers have been either free transfers, either loans with an optional fee. On the downside, I lost Icardi to Real Madrid for 110mil at the start of my 2nd season, and only 30% of that money went into the transfer budget. There was an obvious gap in quality between my first choice team, especially at the back, it`s one thing to play with Emerson-Skriniar-Sule-Dalbert or with D`Ambrosio-Ranocchia-Miranda-Santon as the back four. Against Chievo and Crotone it won`t make much of a difference, but it`s a different story against Milan, Juventus and Sassuolo.

My goal is to have very good reserves in each role as I have in defence:

CB-> Benatia, Caldara, Chiellini, Howedes and Rugani
RB -> De Sciglio, Cuadrado
LB -> Alex Sandro, Emerson (is him performing well for you?)
RB/LB -> Spinazzola

Sure the right side can be improved but last season they both played very well then I don't care much.

On 09/04/2018 at 20:38, zlatanera said:

Also I think I may have found a little hack for dynamics - we'd just lost 6 on the bounce, a new Fiorentina record, so I had a team meeting and said "we can all do better", everyone responded well. The next game we lost  4-0 to Juventus (we had a red card and two of those were off of Chiellini's 20 long throws when Sportiello went charging out and got lost, but still) and the squad came to me about poor dressing room atmosphere - so we're currently at Cohesion - average, Atmosphere - very poor, managerial support also very poor. They all respond in the meeting about atmosphere which bumps it up, but all three dynamics bars are still red. I then go into team happiness and for all my players who aren't listed as "very happy" I praised their conduct in a personal chat. Now we have average cohesion still (so unaffected by the chats), but very good managerial support and good atmosphere! 

Short version: as long as you don't overdo it you can keep your dynamics up by praising players' conduct, although I imagine if they've been mouthing off in the press praising them won't help.

So we've been in a bit of a rut this season - although we came 2nd out of a tough CL group (Bayern, us, Atletico, Zenit) and are one of only two teams to beat Juventus (3-1 at home) we've only kept 6 clean sheets in 29 games - against Verona (H, 0-0), Zenit (A, 1-0), Benevento (H, 2-0), Atletico (H, 0-0), Zenit (H, 3-0) and Atalanta (H, 3-0). Our current form is really bad so I did the conduct trick again:

5ad29297be283_ScreenShot2018-04-15at00_45_09.thumb.png.f301054161649b54905cebf946393000.png

5ad2927ad34ac_ScreenShot2018-04-15at00_39_11.png.ab220d5eeac7e73e8f27e03fb39b958f.png

So yeah, it really works! 

9 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

My goal is to have very good reserves in each role as I have in defence:

CB-> Benatia, Caldara, Chiellini, Howedes and Rugani
RB -> De Sciglio, Cuadrado
LB -> Alex Sandro, Emerson (is him performing well for you?)
RB/LB -> Spinazzola

Sure the right side can be improved but last season they both played very well then I don't care much.

I rotated him a lot with Dalbert last season (I had Emerson on loan from Chelsea, with an option to buy for 22million), but now I sold Dalbert to PSG and he became my first choice LB, he`s good, but not as good as Dalbert was and I`m beginning to regret selling him.

I had the chance to sign Fabricio Bustos from Juventus (yes, I was close to making a deal with the devil :D ), he was transfer listed, he can play both DR and DL, so would`ve been a useful addition and an upgrade to Santon, but our contract talks broke down and he didn`t want to enter negotiations again, and because it was deadline day, I signed Meunier instead. I`ll make a move for him again in the January transfer window though.

I have this in defence:

CB > Skriniar, Mangala, Bastoni and Miranda (+Vanheusde and Van de Eynden)

DR > Meunier, D`Ambrosio

DL > Emerson, Santon

I had the best defensive record in the league last season, conceded only 16 goals in 38 games, but I had Sule on loan from Bayern too. When I loaned him in January, I tried to put in an option to buy clause, but Bayern wouldn`t have any of it, not even 50 million, so I settled for a 6-month loan and offered Mangala a contract in February to replace the departing Ranocchia. What do you know? Sule is now transfer listed by Bayern, with an asking price of 35 million. :seagull:

5 ore fa, Marius_R ha scritto:

I rotated him a lot with Dalbert last season (I had Emerson on loan from Chelsea, with an option to buy for 22million), but now I sold Dalbert to PSG and he became my first choice LB, he`s good, but not as good as Dalbert was and I`m beginning to regret selling him.

I had the chance to sign Fabricio Bustos from Juventus (yes, I was close to making a deal with the devil :D ), he was transfer listed, he can play both DR and DL, so would`ve been a useful addition and an upgrade to Santon, but our contract talks broke down and he didn`t want to enter negotiations again, and because it was deadline day, I signed Meunier instead. I`ll make a move for him again in the January transfer window though.

I have this in defence:

CB > Skriniar, Mangala, Bastoni and Miranda (+Vanheusde and Van de Eynden)

DR > Meunier, D`Ambrosio

DL > Emerson, Santon

I had the best defensive record in the league last season, conceded only 16 goals in 38 games, but I had Sule on loan from Bayern too. When I loaned him in January, I tried to put in an option to buy clause, but Bayern wouldn`t have any of it, not even 50 million, so I settled for a 6-month loan and offered Mangala a contract in February to replace the departing Ranocchia. What do you know? Sule is now transfer listed by Bayern, with an asking price of 35 million. :seagull:

Oh, sad to hear that but which role are you using for emerson? I decided to buy him because I use them as ''complete wing-back'' and his attributes fit well the role! Btw he will play only sometimes because Sandro is a monster and in fact he gains 8.5M € yearly.
Btw super unlucky :D Did you look about Dimarco? Not sure but the first season you should have an option to buy him..

Playing a new career mode as Roma as my last save corrupted in the 9th season with them :mad: Im really struggling to find a system that works, either 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. I've tried using the system I had on my previous save but I simply can't get it to work (tried the usual tweaking the system etc.). 

Can anyone give me some tips??

Guys what do you look more? The attributes, the stars or the number (in FM18 only)?
There is this player* with decent attributes but my best scout  gives him 2.5 stars+1 black star and 58 as suggestion.  He's super cheap but for my scouts I don't know if buy him.

Spoiler

Ndombele

PS: that scout has 20-20 for CA-PA

20 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Oh, sad to hear that but which role are you using for emerson? I decided to buy him because I use them as ''complete wing-back'' and his attributes fit well the role! Btw he will play only sometimes because Sandro is a monster and in fact he gains 8.5M € yearly.
Btw super unlucky :D Did you look about Dimarco? Not sure but the first season you should have an option to buy him..

Wing back with support duty for Emerson. Totally forgot about Dimarco, might have a look at him, because he also qualifies as home grown. My youth intakes have been pretty crap until now, I only got one player who could become good enough for first team football in the future.

10 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

Guys what do you look more? The attributes, the stars or the number (in FM18 only)?
There is this player* with decent attributes but my best scout  gives him 2.5 stars+1 black star and 58 as suggestion.  He's super cheap but for my scouts I don't know if buy him.

Reveal hidden contents

Ndombele

PS: that scout has 20-20 for CA-PA

How old is he? Once they hit 22/23 I do occasionally look at attributes if they're rated less than I thought. I'm guessing he's low-rated by your scouts because you have a great midfield already.  Might depend if he can be tutored if he will improve - I had him for Lyon and had to get his determination up (think it was only like 11-12 at the start) but he was a seriously good player for me. Can basically do everything except cross.

2 ore fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

How old is he? Once they hit 22/23 I do occasionally look at attributes if they're rated less than I thought. I'm guessing he's low-rated by your scouts because you have a great midfield already.  Might depend if he can be tutored if he will improve - I had him for Lyon and had to get his determination up (think it was only like 11-12 at the start) but he was a seriously good player for me. Can basically do everything except cross.

I just finished 1 season then he's 21 if I remember well. He wants to leave and I wanted to buy him for around 10M but my scouts are making me doubt :D Is happened that in this FM you bought a player with a low PA that increased a lot his attributes? Another thing that made me doubt is: why no other top teams follow him if he wants to leave? :D His stats seems great to play in front the defence, specially counting his age 

I had even the opposite problem: there was this newgen and my scout immediately suggested me (around 75) to buy him but I haven't because his stats looked nothing special. At the end of the scouting I have seen he was 4* + 1* black and I tried to buy him but now the other team asks me 100M :D 

7 ore fa, Marius_R ha scritto:

Wing back with support duty for Emerson. Totally forgot about Dimarco, might have a look at him, because he also qualifies as home grown. My youth intakes have been pretty crap until now, I only got one player who could become good enough for first team football in the future.

Same, I got just 1 player with 3*+1. Now I improved it hoping next season I'll get some very good player.. 

2 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I just finished 1 season then he's 21 if I remember well. He wants to leave and I wanted to buy him for around 10M but my scouts are making me doubt :D Is happened that in this FM you bought a player with a low PA that increased a lot his attributes? Another thing that made me doubt is: why no other top teams follow him if he wants to leave? :D His stats seems great to play in front the defence, specially counting his age 

I had even the opposite problem: there was this newgen and my scout immediately suggested me (around 75) to buy him but I haven't because his stats looked nothing special. At the end of the scouting I have seen he was 4* + 1* black and I tried to buy him but now the other team asks me 100M :D 

Well his PA may not actually be that low - its just your existing midfield is rated so highly. As to the lack of other teams - you say you're at the end of season 1, have Lyon taken up their option or did he go back to Amiens? Because if Lyon took up their option then interest does tend to go away with the signing of a new contract. Alternatively if you've not yet reached 30th June and he's still on loan - as they have an option I don't believe you can make an offer, so other teams may not show as interested as neither can they.

As for the opposite problem: make a ton of non-negotiable bids that you think are reasonable (i.e. if he's a wonderkid then a bit above his value with a few reasonable add-ons), slowly increasing them bit by bit until everyone gets pissed off and the player asks to leave (or they get fed up and just accept one). I used it to half Dortmund's price for Pulisic in the first transfer window of my Manchester United save. 

43 minuti fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Well his PA may not actually be that low - its just your existing midfield is rated so highly. As to the lack of other teams - you say you're at the end of season 1, have Lyon taken up their option or did he go back to Amiens? Because if Lyon took up their option then interest does tend to go away with the signing of a new contract. Alternatively if you've not yet reached 30th June and he's still on loan - as they have an option I don't believe you can make an offer, so other teams may not show as interested as neither can they.

As for the opposite problem: make a ton of non-negotiable bids that you think are reasonable (i.e. if he's a wonderkid then a bit above his value with a few reasonable add-ons), slowly increasing them bit by bit until everyone gets pissed off and the player asks to leave (or they get fed up and just accept one). I used it to half Dortmund's price for Pulisic in the first transfer window of my Manchester United save. 

He went back to Amiens.. I think I buy him the same, for 10M € in the worse case I will sell him at the same price no? I wouldn't lose anything even because I can give him in loan.
Really nice tactic, I will try of course this in future for Savic! :D Thanks!! 
Btw this was the newgen, they were asking 5-7M € for him that at the beginning I didn't want to spend because the scouting wasn't finished and I didn't know he had 4-5 stars! I really don't know until which point follows what my scouts say even if they have 20-20 for CA PA...

Oh yeah if he's at Amiens the second you sign him his value will skyrocket due to your club's status, you should easily make a profit if it doesn't work out. I'm assuming Lazio have you as a rival so yeah will be a really good tactic for Savic, so long as he's interested. Obviously if the player isn't interested all you're doing is burning bridges. Once I signed Pulisic Peter Bosz had me as "rival" despite one of my favourite clubs being listed as Dortmund. 

5 minutes ago, stevecummins78 said:

So many mistakes, new players not performing. 

Given the number of new signings you made I'd guess your team cohesion is pretty abysmal, and it can take two or three months to get it up into the green. It's a danger when you sign more than two or three players in a window, and it's a real impact from the new dynamics feature.

That pattern - breezing through pre-season and hitting a brick wall when the competitive games start - is one I'm familiar with. You just have to stick with the plan - chopping and changing your tactic is unlikely to help, although you could try to be a bit more solid at the back to help morale until the results start to come.

Hope things turn around for you!

19 ore fa, zlatanera ha scritto:

Oh yeah if he's at Amiens the second you sign him his value will skyrocket due to your club's status, you should easily make a profit if it doesn't work out. I'm assuming Lazio have you as a rival so yeah will be a really good tactic for Savic, so long as he's interested. Obviously if the player isn't interested all you're doing is burning bridges. Once I signed Pulisic Peter Bosz had me as "rival" despite one of my favourite clubs being listed as Dortmund. 

I am an idiot becasue I didn't even think to loan with option to buy for very young players. Btw the transfer window is almost finished and I bought just players I needed (3 reserves + a couple of very young players). Let'ssee if last 10 days I find some opportunity.. I have like 50% of the bugdet but I don't want to spend in players I am not sure about. Btw I gave him in loan to Milan and they pay 60% of his salary and + they give me 3.5M if he plays and >6M if he doesn't play. :D 

13 minutes ago, warlock said:

Given the number of new signings you made I'd guess your team cohesion is pretty abysmal, and it can take two or three months to get it up into the green. It's a danger when you sign more than two or three players in a window, and it's a real impact from the new dynamics feature.

That pattern - breezing through pre-season and hitting a brick wall when the competitive games start - is one I'm familiar with. You just have to stick with the plan - chopping and changing your tactic is unlikely to help, although you could try to be a bit more solid at the back to help morale until the results start to come.

Hope things turn around for you!

Match cohesion is average, but still green. I've got players opposing me now though.

On ‎11‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:31, zlatanera said:

Golden Generation Baby!

5ace62554e7bb_ScreenShot2018-04-11at20_28_59.thumb.png.9ec2f5bdbc4d014de53e195a40454163.png

5ace62582dfbb_ScreenShot2018-04-11at20_29_12.thumb.png.753493b5364021b7d82a5f18d4331552.png

Had one of these on my Bilbao save but I tired of it, didn't think I'd get another one so soon!

I've just got one in my second season with Cagilari but I've also got a fair few decent youngsters in the current squad. Now if I can just keep them in Serie A I will hopefully bring back the title to Sardina for the second time ever.

Well - 2nd season with Milan and unbelievably THIS happened... I actually had to play from the 70th minute onwards in the final vs Bayern with no Rodriguez as he had been sent off for two yellows.  The diciest match was actually probably Chelsea away where it took a late equaliser to go through.

http://g01Uj0vV3Ee5ZOPMYuB50XzwbgKXB8.png

So in my second season this is how I've done...

http://Ie3a3NiiDXwdn4z0sQUYX29gSFcXYB.png

Hello everyone I really need advice.

I'm in the close season with Milan, just finished the second season (see above) and I have six unhappy players...

http://wxrtf5yKQfJqRfsZwD0Oby9B1Z3spR.png

They all want brand new contracts.  Don't get me wrong, these six players were all integral to the fantastic success I had but they all want crazy money.  I pride myself on being financially savvy and building the wealth.

http://bqVYGF7unDn6JBmrDEH62SwoeeE4jN.png

These are the increases they want...

Musacchio £95k - £205k

Coutrone £27k - £220k

Romanogli £97k - £245k

Boneventura £85k - £130k

Kalinic £110k - £125k

Borini £31k - £86k

Now I have movement in the budget but I really find it difficult to spend an extra £576,000 PER WEEK.  Don't forget all the millions of agent/loyalty/appearance bonuses etc.

http://YuwqjrVbGWIfxw4YSLwwDilbaRI7gf.png

Or should it not bother me? I give them what they want? Continue to be successful in the game? They're happy, fans are happy and if it all goes wrong I jump ship?

2 minutes ago, CarlosEsDios said:

Hello everyone I really need advice.

I'm in the close season with Milan, just finished the second season (see above) and I have six unhappy players...

http://wxrtf5yKQfJqRfsZwD0Oby9B1Z3spR.png

They all want brand new contracts.  Don't get me wrong, these six players were all integral to the fantastic success I had but they all want crazy money.  I pride myself on being financially savvy and building the wealth.

http://bqVYGF7unDn6JBmrDEH62SwoeeE4jN.png

These are the increases they want...

Musacchio £95k - £205k

Coutrone £27k - £220k

Romanogli £97k - £245k

Boneventura £85k - £130k

Kalinic £110k - £125k

Borini £31k - £86k

Now I have movement in the budget but I really find it difficult to spend an extra £576,000 PER WEEK.  Don't forget all the millions of agent/loyalty/appearance bonuses etc.

http://YuwqjrVbGWIfxw4YSLwwDilbaRI7gf.png

Or should it not bother me? I give them what they want? Continue to be successful in the game? They're happy, fans are happy and if it all goes wrong I jump ship?

Well immediately these could all be negotiated a lot lower. How long do they have left on there deals? If its still a few seasons use your captain/vice captain to talk them out of a new deal. This works like 90% of the time for me. Personally Kalinic, Borini and Boneventura 2 seasons into the game are getting a bit old for that kind of money. If you cant sign them to a cheaper deal or get them talked out of it I would sell. Musacchio, Coutrone and Romagnoli I would try and talk them out of it if not offer a bit lower than they want max 180k

2 minutes ago, CarlosEsDios said:

Thanks @WilsonJuve really appreciate the quick reply.  I'll try and talk them out of it but I did promise most of them a new deal at the end of the season.

No bother. Im like you dont really like to spend a lot. Currently starting a new save with Atalanta just for the purpose of this Forum. Lot of talented youth and yet to win Serie A. Should be interesting.

I restarted my save file to using the latest patch.  I am currently at the very start of the winter transfer of the first season with 15 million budget left.

- I sold Lichtsteiner

-Signed Zeca on a free. Not cutting it. 

- De Scigilio  is terrible

-Playing Caudrado as my right wing back. Doing a decent job. 

Can anyone recommend a young right wing back within my 15 million budget? Thanks

2 hours ago, Juventus said:

I restarted my save file to using the latest patch.  I am currently at the very start of the winter transfer of the first season with 15 million budget left.

- I sold Lichtsteiner

-Signed Zeca on a free. Not cutting it. 

- De Scigilio  is terrible

-Playing Caudrado as my right wing back. Doing a decent job. 

Can anyone recommend a young right wing back within my 15 million budget? Thanks

You could probably get Calabria on a loan (up to 18 months) with option to buy. 

3 hours ago, ParanoidBuddha said:

I am just at second season but by now even this season he's getting an average >7

He's at 6.95 in serie A and 6.7 in Champions league. 

I'll try to get Calabria on loan because Cuadrado is doing a decent job and Zeca is average.

Edit: Nevermind, they won't accept 15 million, nor a loan because he's a starter......

21 minutes ago, Juventus said:

He's at 6.95 in serie A and 6.7 in Champions league. 

I'll try to get Calabria on loan because Cuadrado is doing a decent job and Zeca is average.

Edit: Nevermind, they won't accept 15 million, nor a loan because he's a starter......

That's a shame. It's probably because Conti starts with that injury. If you muddle through until summer I imagine Conti will have usurped him and they'll not care any more.

Archived