FM18 BLUE MATTER Knap 433

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am using FMT atm but usually use AM for all training. This is from last year with regard to training

PRE-SEASON

general training -TEAM COHESION HIGH 

scheduling 50% (no rest before-no rest after match)

match preparation = MATCH TACTICS

before the 1st game of the season 

general training -BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before -REST after match)

keep 50% match preparation MATCH TACTICS until 100% fluid,

after that the training should be like this

general training BALANCE AVERAGE

(no rest before- REST after match)

10 or 20 % ( i prefer 10%) match preparation (whatever you like, it depends from the opponent - except match tactics and teamwork , its pointless to use these because when you have 100% fluid your players have good understanding)

this till the end of the season , of course if you buy some players in January you drop the familiarity and you must again adjust the scheduling to 50% and match tactics

I was SMASHING the beta with spurs with your goodbye tactic (3433P97) I managed to win the Quadrouple in the first season!!! EPL,ECL, FA and carabao.

I am going to test out this new tactic as would rather play with 3 in the middle!

otherwise I'm praying the original tactic I was using still works as havnt tried it since updating from beta to full game :\

image.thumb.png.99830f7dbe7ee2202ff1c266e69091b3.png

Just used it to beat Chelsea in the community shield, even with a man down late on. Ive had such poor luck with harry kane, hes literally played 8 games for me in whole time since starting the save. luckily managed to pick up some GREAT free transfers at end of season (due to me sweeping up all the trophies, even managed to get alexis sanchez)

This tactics fantastic and would recommend to all, however I have this year realised that team talks and the squad dynamics play a much larger role in the matches outcome!

Doing extremely well with VOL2 as a third division club in Brazil.

5a083a011a4b3_RiverAtlticoClube(PI)_SeniorFixtures.thumb.png.81403ecaceb8178414e771eaaf0880d6.png

These are cup fixtures mostly against higher division clubs (including top tier clubs America Mineiro, Sao Paulo and Corinthians), results are impressive and the attacking play is fantastic especially at home. Counter attack is deadly if you have quick strikers (scored a few goals from opponents attacking free kicks this way), and AF in particular scores a lot. Mezzala role also seems very powerful with the right players.

Most of the chances I concede are also from my own attacking free kicks, so I put an extra man on 'stay back' to counter that. Also even against small clubs (that I regularly thrash as my team is now very good for third division) we don't seem to score much from corners or IFK despite having a huge number of them so maybe something to work on ;)

It's a great attacking tactic like the FM17 version, seems to me that new ME allows for more versatile and varied play (more direct passing and  killer balls) which I like a lot!

52 minutes ago, knap said:

How are you finding the scouting packages?

Still trying to get a handle on scouting but not crazy about it so far. I'm at Inter in my 1st year and left the budget intact at $946K with the Europe Senior Package & Italy Youth Package. I set all 3 Scouting Responsibilities to my Chief Scout because: 1) I don't want to be inundated with all those emails  2) I'm lazy  3) I want to see how the new scouting system works compared to '17 with the same settings.

So far, the majority of Senior scout findings that would be "quality" to "superb" signings have little or no interest in joining my club. The staff have also found some young gems with a very high upside.

"More realistic"? More confusing, for sure.

Using this tactic with PSG after starting a fresh save. 18 out of 18 in the league and 3 out of 3 wins in the CL. Cavani, Neymar and Mbappe are absolutely smashing teams and I'm getting score lines of 4-0 and 5-0

I would try to retrain an aml/r as st to fit tactic, they normally add pace 9'Lamela type of player).

I am looking at other formations but 3 up front are likely to be most effective this year.

OK This is Arsenal but I should win league with a 442. However, look how badly they fit the roles but still get results. Maybe not best formation for Arsenal but I am just testing ideas.

5a09b3414ea36_Arsenal_Overview-5.thumb.png.c3508eb2c98b2cbffc1a4a2635456dae.png

20 minutes ago, knap said:

OK This is Arsenal but I should win league with a 442. However, look how badly they fit the roles but still get results. Maybe not best formation for Arsenal but I am just testing ideas.

5a09b3414ea36_Arsenal_Overview-5.thumb.png.c3508eb2c98b2cbffc1a4a2635456dae.png

available for testing? or could I just copy down the intstructions on your screenshot? or is there player instructions too? very interested in a 442 :)

On 10-11-2017 at 13:44, knap said:

Lower League attribute table

FootballManagerAttributes.thumb.jpg.b14d34099a97fd70cd8ef7ffa139db79.jpg

What is this table for? Why and how should I use it?

Also, what attributes to look for for each position? Or do you just use the star rating? And if I don't have CF, to what role can I change them without affecting tactic too much? (many questions, I know!)

10 minutes ago, knap said:

Green attributes are good for a position, and I only look at positions not roles. The Arsenal screenshot shows role fit and just tested a 442 with them

5a0a08d438830_EnglishPremierDivision_OverviewStages-8.thumb.png.48c9a6f49892c55007eb4ebd5a817d33.png

Doesn't that mean that M L/R and AM L/R are only need physical attributes and that they are underpowered vs other positions?

Of course it is allowed it is just not tested. The problem is IMO the structure of the tactic is more important than the actual roles. If you look at the Arsenal screenshot the players are not suited to the role. Usually the best way to solve the problem is to retrain the player.

Archived