FM18 BLUE MATTER Knap 433

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first post on this forum. Let me tell you, this is the best tactic i've used on fm since 2012 and the famous diablo tactic. just check my progress below. won the league with over 13 games to spare and recorded some ridiculous stats. went the season unbeaten amassing over 130 goals and a gd of over +100. managed to win the checkatrade trophy and league double. beat wolves 3-1 in the carabao cup 3rd round. all in all the most fun ive had on fm since going unbeaten in 2013. thank you knap. this was all achieved using vol2.

for those wanting success all i have to say is use fast players in your wide striker slots and a more rounded goalscoring striker in your central spot. one of the most important contributions to my success was team morale. throughout the whole season every single player in my squad had superb/exceptional morale. i made sure to give everyone game time their status in the squad merited and i ensured no promises were broken while handling all conversations with players in a positive and cooperative manner.

i had all 4 of my best strikers score over 14 goals and my central striker score 46 which is a dream for those always asking for a striker heavy scoring tactic.

i also beat two of my closest challengers for the title 8-0

it really was a pleasure.

1.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

2017-11-28.png

On 11/20/2017 at 22:07, Laaris said:

Hey there @knap
I'm going to start a career with Newcastle Jets in A-League (Media Prediction: Last) running your 433 Blue Matter at home & 343 Goodbye away, i'll let you know how i go - 

One question though - say i'm using BM and i want to hold a lead; is there a ideal change to the tactic i should do or would switching to GB do the trick? I've already read that for GB i should change to WB's to Defend 

Also have you found any bogey formations for BM or GB that i shouldn't use them against? 

Just over halfway through the regular season, 1st place with only 1 loss - so far so good! hardly any of my players are accomplished at the positions but even "red" players are performing well. 
So far these are the results, I have instructed my AM to assign OI's and have gone along with his in-game OI's aswell. Haven't tweaked anything. 
fixtures.thumb.png.979e569f3205130e826db8298d014368.png

In the last 3 games I've still had 10-15+ shots & 2 of those conceeded goals were from counter-attacks, forwards just aren't finishing 
home.thumb.png.94594a96c95ce8a3ade3be6751b23f8b.pngaway.thumb.png.46eabdf785ff5d1ece67f351e9f7fa89.png

Looking at Home (Blue Matter) & Away (Goodbye) results, BM's performed better despite my forwards being less competent at the PR's. 

BM.thumb.png.4f8ab5cc3641ec214fe21f2884448259.pngGB.thumb.png.c5a7b789bb398d3abc4390e1b623afc6.png
15game.thumb.png.657609d9b122b9f05406fe6f2cd7314c.png

These are my current best XI's, made no signings - due to the league's salary cap/limitations i'm not too sure which positions to improve - which are, if any, are the most important positions in these tactics?

11 minutes ago, knap said:

WBs and Strikers. A player like Icardi should work well,

Thanks for quick feedback - Yeah i'm sure he would do well in the Australian League aswell :lol: i know what you mean.

One more query, would you recommend trying the systems without any OI's or have you found there's not much difference?

Hey Knap,

Trying this tactic and whilst I am getting some good results I have a feeling its not living up to full potential due to player instructions.

I am playing FMT on the ipad so unable to download the tactic so i have just updated the tactic from screenshots. I know this is a real pain to do and please accept my apology for asking but could anyone upload screenshots of PI? 

Thanks in advance for all your help :-)   

4 hours ago, knap said:

The best way is to download demo onto PC/Laptop and then you can download any tactic and copy all instructions.

Thanks Knap, have done that and using the tactic now.. May adopt something different in away matches as I seem to struggle. Any ideas?    

8 hours ago, Urotsukidoji said:

anyone else struggling with this tactic since patch?

I thought I did... But without changing anything i started winning again! Had a teamtalk to get the moral back up to where its supposed to be. Won my third PL and CL in a row with liverpool. Lost FA-cup final against United with lots of youthplayers. 

Loving this tactics, been destroying everybody - playing as Man Utd. Now in season 4 been playing easy mode since S2. 

Started new save, tried it with Huddersfield but didn't work out that well.  Swapped it to WOF343 in February, went from 17th to 6th. 

Hi Knap, out of all your tactics, is BlueMatter the best?  

Thanks. 

I consider BM to be top tea tactic and last year with Barcelona score 177 goals in 38 games.

However, other tactics can work better with sub top or underdog teams.

Best tactic is the one that works for you and your team.

What team and is it considered top sub or under  dog?  how many games before it stops? Who gives Team talks and takes training. How many games played after problem game.

So, it might be becasue my team is totally crap and this formation doesn't suit them - but I'm really struggling with this tactic.

I'm playing as Solihull Moors, and I'm expected to fight relegation - so that gives you an idea of the team. Hoever, I concede bucket loads, and in patches too. Once I concede, I'll typically concede two or three in quick succession....

Anyone else having trouble in lower leagues?

Had a lot of success with this in various leagues and levels. San Marino (Italian Serie C)

5a2def7ab3b3a_SerieC_B_OverviewStages.thumb.png.9c057ab98d3802fd4f8f6a472316c4ee.png

Very minor tweaks to facilitate central striker (wide strikers 'shoot less often' plus low crosses TI), STC grabs so many goals which I like a lot:

5a2defeed11d3_GabrieleMoncini_OverviewAttributes-2.thumb.png.c33a1a58b3f3d6563581193cda1b46f0.png

With right players should work really well at any level.

The tactic certainly works with an underdog team as well. I managed Yenisey to the Russian first division title with it and currently sitting 3rd in their first season in the premier league. The team is nothing special, maybe one of the worst in the division. Also sit top of Serie A with Lazio after 8 straight wins on another save after only signing Milik on loan.

hi knap

Does instant result affect your tactics? 

Want to try some of your other tactics (the one with wingers) for a change but bit short on playing time. 

Sometimes bulldozing everyone with BM 3 strikers got bit boring. 

Thanks. 

Archived