FM18: Arsenal - Victoria Concordia Crescit

gandrasch

On 04/02/2018 at 15:35, Sysiphus said:

I am dealing with the same problem. Mkhi works well for me as an AML when I convert to a traditional 4-2-3-1 from time to time, having Ozil as my AMC. But if I try tu use Özil on the flank when I do three at the back his production diminishes and he constantly finishes games with 6.3-6.5 rating. So I am trying this MC retraining for Mkhi hoping he can be my new Cazorla, hoping he will pick up all the PPMs I want him to; plays one two´s, tries to play his way out of trouble etc.

I feel as if Laca and Auba should really only be used as strikers, don´t really rate Auba as IF or Laca as ramdeuter or IF, just seems wrong and I don´t enjoy it. 

So it will definitely be some tinkering this first season as every one of the LMAO quartet is extremely good on this game I feel, but don´t offer too much of a flexibility positioning wise.

I am doing an Arsenal save which I will get to in a bit but I have seen your problems with the new front 4 I play Mkhi on the Left and he assists for fun i play Laca AMR as an IF and he just banged a hat-trick for me 

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my Arsenal transfers on the winter update, here is my tactics as well, this is obviously my cup team as i am playing a Europa League Match, I like to bring In a lot of Youth, cheap and sell them on for profits, some are first team as well 

20180309203432_1.jpg

20180309203452_1.jpg

20180309203455_1.jpg

20180309203512_1.jpg

20180309203713_1.jpg

Having just finished my first season, I thought I would post a wrap up/review of how the season went from February to May. Our form became very inconsistent as we smash Liverpool 5-1 at home, with a hat trick of assists fo Jeff - who finished the season with 9 goals and 15 assists. He was the leagues second highest assister despite only featuring in 19 league games. We also dropped points away to Huddersfield and Bournemouth. We also lost two games away to 20th placed Brighton and Manchester United with a period of three games without a single shot on target! Displaying some awful form. Di Maria struggles in this period with a number of key penalty misses and poor games. 

We reached the final day of the season with us contesting finishing 2nd to 5th with Manchester City, Tottenham and Manchester United being able go finish outside the champions league places on the final day. All team won their games except Manchester United courtesy of a late defeat from a 93rd minute Rooney goal. We managed to dispatch Galatasary, Nice and Lazio on the way to the final only winning 3 of the games with strong second leg performances. We faced Dortmund in the final where we were battered by Dortmund but managed to score two counter attacking goals through crosses to Giroud - who finished as our top goal scorer with 21 goals but only 8 in the league. 

5aa547ca8ed58_ScreenShot2018-03-11at12_25_40.png.cfed68dfe1c8f6441f8c35e755f30010.png

5aa547ccdccc7_ScreenShot2018-03-11at14_23_47.png.92ff5d99b6895e1373d810f470d8624d.png

As a team we were second best defensively conceding 31 goals level with second place city who outscored us, however we were both very far behind Chelsea who conceded only 16 goals all
. Offensively we performed much better creating the most chances in the league and completing the most crosses. Wide players such as Reine-Adelaide, Bellerin, Walcott at right back,  alongside Ramsey and Lacazette who played a number of games as Raumdeauter created the most chances. Tactically, I believe we create the most chance due to our wide playing style. It telling this extra width did not help Ozil by creating space, only he registered only 5 assists all season with a key passes per 90 minutes of 1.38. None of our players appeared as the top 20 key passers. `

5aa547cddf593_ScreenShot2018-03-11at14_43_58.thumb.png.d040375b6dc59046b920d9da424fc7b9.png

5aa547cee043b_ScreenShot2018-03-11at14_44_16.thumb.png.bbdb0e1e8f48f0e9d7a80cd2b4e9d6c9.png

Defensively  no players particularly stood out. Mustafi was the most consistent and Monreal tackled the most. Elneny and Kramer were solid yet unspectacular as the teams defensive midfielder. I will look into a more defensively solid tactic next season. I maintain a system of starting Cech for the first half of the season in the league and Ospina in the second half of the season. 

Going into the next season the question of goals and chance conversion will need to be answered. Giroud score the most goals but nearly left in January, Lacazette started really well but became more of a support striker or creator as the season went on. I will need to decide whether to build a system around a pure goalscorer or spread more of the goals amongst the team. I hoped Di Maria could be the teams main attacking threat cutting in from the left but I don't believe he played well in tandem with Ozil as a number 10. His best performances came as a left winger. Can they played together in a 4-2-3-1? Ramsey and Wilshere were mainly used as rotational players as Xhaka was preferred as a more robust central midfielder. Wilshere may undergo a positional change and become left back for me similar to how Walcott was standout as a right back. Ramsey will likely score more and create more as a wide forward liberated of defensive work. 

Around the world and other leagues. RBL won the German League, Monaco the French league, Juventus in Liga BBVA and La Liga will be decided in a final day classico with both teams level on points. Real Madrid will attempt to win their 3rd Champions League is a row against Athletico Madrid and the FA Cup will be between Manchester United and Chelsea. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-11 at 14.22.34.png

21 hours ago, Swills417 said:

Walcott at right back,  alongside Ramsey and Lacazette who played a number of games as Raumdeauter created the most chances  

Can you please go into detail on how Walcott plays as a RB? Especially defensively. Also what do you feel like makes your ramdeuter score? I know Lacazette and Rambo are already well suited to the role but I watched a video talking about how Mkhitaryan is a “space investigator” like Muller, only he dribbles and creates more which I can in theory replicate through player roles. I’ve just never had great luck with the ramdeuter role, but it’s just such an arsenal role I wanna use it lol any feedback is great!

How are you doing with the new database? I just started playing a new game. I feel like not much has changed, even if we have some new players and some are lost. Mikhitaryan is not that good for me, but Auba is doing ok. The biggest change as to players is Eddie Nketiah who has been upgraded. 

I bought Arthur for 28m pounds, but i have later regretted that buy as the money would be better spend on other players. I bought Locatelli for about 15m also, which would be a good backup to Xhaka. DeLigt is just too good to not buy in the first transfer window seeing as he is 17years, so I got him too. Ideally I would drop the Arthur buy and instead invest in a right back and/or left back. A winger would be needed as well if you use wingers

Evening all,

I thought I would update on my third season at Arsenal. It was almost wonderful...almost.

Premier League

We started off a little dodgy and Chelsea were ludicrous, beating everyone in sight. As I've already shared, we went on a brilliant run around Christmas to get ourselves into the lead.

Chelsea just kept winning but fortunately so did we. Our final two games of the season were home to Man Utd (more of them in a moment) and then home to Middlesbrough. 

We played brilliantly to beat United 3-0 and secure a second successive title:

20180312211236_1.thumb.jpg.0833d77f21d79a1172cfcc70621dbeb2.jpg

We then faced Middlesbrough at home in the final game - I like to think they gave us a guard of honour on to the pitch - and I rested a couple of players for the matches still to come. Middlesbrough scored in the first half and then Berardi (the d***) two-footed someone on the stroke of half time and was sent off. I changed a few things and gave them a rocket at half time. We came back out much better and equalised quite early doors couldn't get the second goal and it finished 1-1. Why am I telling you this? It ruined my home record and the chance to set a new Premier League record for total points:

20180312211258_1.thumb.jpg.b0966ad645f1656e0152df7ad25167eb.jpg

FA Cup

We had a fairly soft road to the final, beating the likes of Charlton, Chesterfield and Leicester in the semi-final. In the final, we faced...Manchester United again.

An even first half gave way to an excellent second half and we won comfortably. A double!

20180312222559_1.thumb.jpg.ade90c92f8bc07a39182514a498c7785.jpg

Only one match left...

Champions League

We topped our group and then beat Zenit (8-1 on aggregate) Juventus and then Barcelona on route to the final in Amsterdam. Our opponents? Yes, Manchester United again!

I was worried when on the eve of the game, Bellerin (Player of the Season) gashed his leg in training. His back up, Chambers then got injured also. Plus, Griezmann and Koulibaly were injured in that final game versus Middlesbrough. But - surely we could beat them again?

This game was much more even and tense but we took the lead just after half time through Pereira and then Kean missed a glorious chance to make it 2-0. Suddenly United seemed to switch to counter attacking and were launching balls forward from my corners. Yannick Carrasco scoreda good equaliser to send it to extra time and then scored again right at the start of extra time. Plenty of time I thought...wrong.

20180312222544_1.thumb.jpg.424666b3758d09efe50b6dfd9bbbb5cf.jpg

We ended the game having missed seven (7) half chances and 3 clear cut chances and were made to pay. I don't think I've ever done a Treble on FM - gutted it didn't happen this time round.

Plans for the off season

- Trim the first team squad. My U23s have won the league twice in a row - time to do some promoting
- Despite the success, I feel like the team is missing a 'top top' striker. Lacazette is a little hot and cold and I *think* Griezmann is best on the wing. Dybala became Arsenal's record scorer on FM17 for me but I think his fee is likely to be too high for me - even if I clear the decks to pay for it

Sorry for the long post but I'm very sad and like reading end of season reviews so I've done my own here. If you have done so, thanks for reading!

Cheers

I've just started a game with the new update.  Don't want to make any signings first season and want to promote the youngsters as time goes on.  I want to play a 4-1-2-2-1 formation.  RW - Mikhi, LW - Ozil, and ST - Aubameyang.  My main questions are what role to play them.  Currently I've got RW as winger support, LW as advanced playmaker support, and ST as poacher.  Will this be ok do you think?

2 hours ago, Stevarino said:

Has anyone had any luck getting rid of Ozil? I just cannot justify those wages!! I've struggled to get rid of anyone for their value and now seem like I'm stuck with an average squad. 

I eventually accepted £20mil from Monaco. He's done very little there. Although I did have to sit him on the bench for a season to make him 'want' to leave. 

1 hour ago, PNEFC1880 said:

Has anyone had any luck signing Goretzka? Schalke won't budge for anything less than £70 mil and I signed Sergei Savic in the 1st transfer window.

Currently 9 points clear :)

I got him on a free at the end of the first season. However, I think that has been changed in subsequent updates and he usually goes for cash.

He's not all that amazing - I'd probably save my cash if I was you...

3 hours ago, BrickCommo23 said:

I eventually accepted £20mil from Monaco. He's done very little there. Although I did have to sit him on the bench for a season to make him 'want' to leave. 

3 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I can't even get 20m for Ozil, so frustrating, I wish he would just bugger off lol.

I've tried to include him as a player exchange plus cash but he keeps knocking all the moves back, even when it was Real Madrid. The guy is a nightmare! Have had to start him in my second season since I've not shifted him yet but I think I might need to bench him too if he doesn't start performing. He's the weak link in my midfield three of him, Joao Moutinho and Arthur (who are both on at least half of what Ozil is on). The sooner he's away the better! 

My first season was better than expected, with a third place finish. I would have liked to have won a trophy but I'm still happy with third place..

Best player has been Alex Iwobi. He's a real shining light in this team and I'm excited to see what he's going to bring over the next few years.

I raided Serie A during my first window and signed Giorgio Chiellini for £24m and Domenico Berardi for £22m as well as a few prospects for my u23 squad and done a little bargain hunting in January where I signed Sebastian Giovinco for £5.75m and Joao Moutinho for £8.75m.. He had signed a pre contract but I didn't really want to wait until the summer for him!

Second season transfer window has been a little busier with my three signings coming in pretty quickly at the back of each other. Kieran Tierney has been signed for £21m, Arthur has been signed for £30m and the hopeful successor to Petr Cech, Pau Lopez was signed for £22.5m. No bank busters for me again so far as my aim is to build a strong squad full of grafters rather than a new set of Galacticos.

In terms of players leaving the club I have shifted one or two.. Jack Wilshere has gone to Man City for £55m, Granit Xhaka has gone to Dortmund for £45m after handing in a transfer request when I rejected an offer from PSG, Nacho Monreal has joined Leicester for a slightly lowly £5.75m as he was getting on a bit and I wanted to revitalise the left back position and Carl Jenkinson has also moved to Swansea for £5.5m.

All in all I believe it's been a successful window which has left me with £70m and £217k a week left to spend in January if I see fit!

My aims for this season are to remain consistent and challenge in the cups, I'll sacrifice any chance of winning the league until I've built the squad that I have in my head which I think is probably two three seasons away as I don't want to break the bank when signing players at the minute..

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 19.01.56.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 19.00.50.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 19.00.20.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 19.00.07.png

On 13/03/2018 at 19:22, Stevarino said:

raided Serie A during my first window and signed Giorgio Chiellini for £24m and Domenico Berardi for £22m as well as a few prospects for my u23 squad and done a little bargain hunting in January where I signed Sebastian Giovinco for £5.75m and Joao Moutinho for £8.75m.. He had signed a pre contract but I didn't really want to wait until the summer for him!

These signings are interesting as they are not conventional Arsenal signings. How is Chilleini getting on so far? How do you play Berardi on the flank or up front. 

Ive decided to go with two new tactics for the 2nd seasons. A 4-3-3 Manchester City inspired tactic with 4 playmakers, two inverted wing backs and ball playing defenders. Might not even play with recognised natural defenders. The other is a all out attack 3-4-3 with a high line and a sweeper keeper. I will need to make a whole bunch of signings to make these work! 

16 hours ago, Swills417 said:

These signings are interesting as they are not conventional Arsenal signings. How is Chilleini getting on so far? How do you play Berardi on the flank or up front. 

Ive decided to go with two new tactics for the 2nd seasons. A 4-3-3 Manchester City inspired tactic with 4 playmakers, two inverted wing backs and ball playing defenders. Might not even play with recognised natural defenders. The other is a all out attack 3-4-3 with a high line and a sweeper keeper. I will need to make a whole bunch of signings to make these work! 

433 with 4 playmakers sounds good fun - hope you can make it work

On 3/15/2018 at 16:35, Swills417 said:

I'd honestly say without Chilleni I'd not have finished 3rd last season. He was by far my most consistent centre half and one of my best players throughout the full season! 

Berardi was played out wide mostly, he was up front the odd game but mostly played out right, he also done pretty well for me without being a stand out.

Those tactics sound good, looks like there's going to be a lot of reshuffling around that squad!! 

Hey guys. Just finished my first season with Arsenal. I`m really surprised how good we were !

Ulzjn4n.png

EPL:

HpJ9Q06.png

Europe League:

suMEkCq.png

Most notable wins:

The first trophy in my first official game with Gunners

pQGWi6g.png

We had a lot of great games in EPl but i decided two point these two`s

CjlaJ5j.png

Squad and transfers:

I`m not a big fun of total revamping of the squad and i always disable transfers in the first window at the start of the game. So in summer i`ve just loaned out some youngsters. Holding helped Leeds to gain promotion, Reine-Adelaide was great for Aberdeen etc.

In january i sold out Sanchez to ManCity for 42,5m euro as he didn`t want to sign a new contract and also Kolasinac joined PSG  for 38,5m (he was unhappy with his game time and main part of the suad was against him in this situation). 

The only signing was Jaume Costa (29 y.o. ex Villareal left fullback). Good replacement for Kolasinac. He is more experienced, determined and has a decent work rate.

And in April i completed transfer of young BVB star Christian Pulisic for 60m + bonuses. He will join us in June. Think he has a potential to be even better in future than Sanchez.

And this is stats of my playes in all competitions:

uEqoxxC.png

Im surpriced and excited with Nelson perfomance.  May be he hasn`t outstanding skills but he has more assists than anyone else!!! And he is only 18 y.o. 

Great season for Walcott. He is best in EPL in assists (16), dribbles per match (7.49), hitting target (64%), average rating (7.59). Lacazette is a beast top scorer. And im very happy with Giroud. He wasnt my first choise this season but anyway he scored 27 goals and he still remains important for our team.

So i dont plan any big transfer activity this summer. My main target is a cover for Bellerin. And i will think a lot about Ramsey. He is very good but i have a Coquelin in his position who is more suitable to my tactics. 

Sorry for my english and good luck to all of you;)

This is so annoying. Upamecano with an error in the last minute of the extra time. Huge mistake. For the second row in two years we lose the Champions League final. 

73b886968e2dd3cca24c455f3cdb14c7.png

We also LOST the FA Cup final against 'angstgegner' Everton, but we've WON the Premier League titel for the fourth time in a row. Quite impressive for me. 

Hey guys im a big Arsenal fan my first save on any FM is always with Arsenal, currently in feb of my 3rd season really enjoying it, on a 34 game unbeaten run at the moment 😊.

1st Season won Premier league and Europa league.

2nd Season won Premier league got to semi-final of Champions league (threw away a 3-0 first leg win by being over confident and setting up too attacking away).

Season 2019-20 first half only 1 loss.jpg

Season 2019-20 first half only 1 loss (part 2).jpg

This seasons table so far:

Season table 2019-20 half way point.jpg

Forgot to screenshot my line-up so i will do a quick formation below:

4-2-3-1 control, fluid.

GK: Donnarumma 

FB right support: Joe Gomez 

CD right: Mustafi

CD left: Kimpembe

FB left attack: Aaron

CM support left: Saul

BWM right: Diawara

Winger attack R: Nelson

Attacking Mid: Savic

Winger attack L: Asensio

Complete FWD attack: Andre Silva

The 3 things I always look for when signing players is their Determination, Teamwork and Workrate.

23 hours ago, PNEFC1880 said:

Is it me or is Lacazette a god in this game? With Sanchez, Ozil and Suso supporting him he scores goals for fun for me in all competitions.

My experience is that he blows hot and cold. He started the season really strongly for me then tailed off as he lost his place in the team. Giroud has a better goals per 90 minutes. 

Made three signings so far in the summer transfer in my second season. Zielinski from Napoli to fill the roaming playmaker role in central midlfield. He arrived as part of a cash plus player deal with Cech going the other way. De Gea was my number one target as he feel out with Mourinhk after they had finished 5th. I couldn’t complete a deal though even tried a £70m + Lacazette or Ramsey but they would not accept. Decided to take a chance on the sidelined Claudio Bravo from city to help build from the back. Hakan Calhanoglu was also signed to inject further creativity into the wide in the wide advanced playmaker position. I have yet to find an adequate player for the defensive forward role I have planned. Welbeck is probably the perfect fit, with Gomez and Akpom  deputising. 

Totally unrealistic what you can do with Arsenal, but assembling an absolute dream team is a thoroughly enjoyable save nevertheless. 

First season I won the League, FA Cup and Europa League and knocked out early in the Carabao Cup.

I finished the league campaign with 93 points and 118 goals scored.

Not that I think my team would have had any problems regardless, but the Europa League wasn’t the most competitive, no ‘big’ team dropped down from the CL, so I had a smooth run throughout the competition.  

In terms of transfers, I have two main tactics. Firstly, for players I’ll have zero intention of selling, I’ll always include the 50% of next sale clause which dramatically reduces prices. The same clause in the players contract significantly reduces their wage demands and signing on fee’s.  Secondly, I pay most of the transfer sum in installments resulting in very little actually being taken from that budget.

First season summer transfers:

In:

Alderweireld - £25m (release clause)

De Gea - £70m

Kanté - £60m

Hazard - £76m

Pogba - £82m

Justin Kluivert - £9m

De Ligt - £11.5m

Dolberg - £30m

Out:

Xhaka - £45m

Ramsey - £41.5m

Monreal - £31m

Elneny - £27.5m

Welbeck - £25.5m

Cech - £8.25

Ospina - £5.75m

First season January transfers:

In:

Dybala - £90m

Varane - £80m

Out:

Lacazette - £54m

AMN – Loan

Season total net spent:

£179m

Second season summer transfers:

In:

Alex Sandro - £65m

Leo Messi - £267m (relase clause)

D’Amico - £575k

Neymar - £380m

Marquinhos - £70m

Grimaldo - £35m

Arthur - £28m

Out:

Aubameyang - £72m

Mkhitaryan - £70m

Alderweireld - £55m

Mustafi - £55m

Kolasinac - £36m

Koscielny - £30m

Lucas Perez - £28m

Asano - £10m

Chambers - £10m

Holding - £8m

Jenkinson - £5.5m

Jeff R.A - £4m

Martinez - £2.5

Bielik - £3m

Marvropanos £1m

Akpom - £700k

Season total net spent:

£455m

My tactics (424) adopt an attack being the best form of defence approach. Attacking mentality and a fluid shape in an attempt to play progressive, creative and intense football.  A back 4 made up of 2 ball playing center backs (D) and 2 complete wing backs (A). 2 central midfielders, a deep lying playmaker (S) and ball winning midfielder (D). 2 Inside forwards (A) and 2 strikers, a poacher (A) for the first season with Aubameyang and now Messi as a trequartista (A) and a complete forward (A).

Individual edit instructions:

2 centre backs: Dribble less often. Deep lying playmaker: More risky passes. 2 Inside forwards: More risky passes. Poacher: move into channels

Team instructions:

Higher tempo, wide shape, higher defensive line, exploit both flanks, play out of defence, pass into space, be more expressive, hit early (low) crosses, run at defence and roam from positions.

I have also recruited some of the best staff on the game along with some club legends including; Henry, Bergkamp, Adams and Ljungberg. I also improved the training facilities to 'state of the art' to ensure my players have the best possible chance of reaching their PA.  

So my starting 11 going into my second season is, 424: De Gea; Bellerin, Marquinhos, Varane, Sandro; Pogba, Kante; Hazard, Neymar, Dybala, Messi.

A tad ridiculous, but I plan to finally go a season unbeaten and score an insane amount of goals. Total football. #TheNewInvincibles 

So I started a new save with Arsenal and decided to go fully on board with a 4-4-1-1 formation on standard mentality and leave it to individual player instructions to decide who does what. 

First season I figured would be a test to lay the groundwork, make some signings and try and bed them in slowly before going for an assault on all fronts in season 2. My first season's transfer dealings were as follows:

In:
Jean Michael Seri (£22m) Wanted to replace Xhaka with a more mobile player. Played 36 times with an average rating of 7.16.
Stefan de Vrij (£22m) - Was looking to sell Mustafi eventually so wanted a better player to come in. Started 43 games, averaging 7.20.
Justin Kluivert (£6.5m) - Signed as a young prospect, loaned back to Ajax for the season.
Justen Glad (£1.5M) - Cheap young centre-back recommended by a scout, loaned out to Heracles where he performed terribly, ended up releasing him at the end of his 2-year contract.
Daley Sinkgraven (£6.75m) - Needed cover for Mesut Ozil, but didn't want to go too expensive so decided on a younger prospect. He didn't perform well in any of his 5 starts and has since been sold to QPR.
Giovanni Troupeé (£6.75m) - Needed cover for Hector Bellerin, however he barely played and has been loaned out ever since.

Out:
Granit Xhaka (AS Monaco - £27.5m)
Shkodran Mustafi (FC Bayern - £40m)
Callum Chambers (Stoke - loan)
Reiss Nelson (Leeds United - loan)

Ended the season finishing 3rd in the league, with 78 points. Not a terrible start by any means. Knocked out of the FA Cup 5th round by Manchester City, knocked out of the Fourth Round of the EFL Cup to Everton before losing to Athletic Club in the Europa League final 1-0. Lacazette also missed a 92nd minute penalty to take it to extra-time.

So, onto season 2. Transfer dealings: 

In:
Miguel Almirón (£8m)Lack of cover for Mesut Ozil (sold Sinkgraven due to being sh*t, convinced me to sign him for a very cheap and reasonable fee. Only ended up playing 10 games, scoring two and assisting once.
Jordan Torunarigha (£6m)  - Wanted to boost my defensive ranks with Mertesacker retiring, Koscielny ageing. Started 11 games in all competitions, mainly cup competitions.
Jan Oblak (£54m) - Petr Cech is old, and this guy is my ideal replacement in real life for him. Went on to keeping 21 clean sheets in 41 games whilst only conceded 25. Money well spent.

Out:
David Ospina (West Ham - loan)
Carl Jenkinson (Fiorentina - £6m)

Plus a lot of other loans, too many to list. Anyway, you could say it was a successful season. Finished as PL champions with 31 wins from 38 games, only losing 3. Scoring 85 and conceding 21 finishing with 97 points. Lost an FA Cup semi-final to Chelsea, an EFL Cup quarter-final to Newcastle but ended up winning the Champion's League at my first time of asking by beating Juventus 3-2.

Bring on season 3. Drafted Reiss Nelson into the side, and he has played 10 games so far, scored 9 and assisted 6. This kid is good. 

Sprinkling of signings, no-one major of note, sitting unbeaten at the top of the league after 7 games.

17 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

No offense Toby but I call bull s..t on your so called transfers, I feel like you have used the editor quite a bit but fair play to you, as long as you are enjoying the save it doesn't matter.

Fella you can believe what you want, there is zero benefit to me lying. I would rather not being to sign those players so quickly as Arsenal manager..

If you don't believe me:

- Put in a bid on those players and find out for yourself. Example, Hazard, £30m up front, £40m in installments and 50% of next sale..

- Offer those players out that I sold and see what you can get..

- Win what I did in the first season, and then break Messi's release clause and then see if he wants to join you..

:thup:

On 3/23/2018 at 18:38, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Toby I was making a comment, I am not bothered what you do, just ruins the fun for me if I cheat but up to you what you do. 

'Ronaldo Beckham', I agree it ruins the fun if you cheat..  :Bowen:

Hi all im really enjoying my Arsenal save (ME frustrations aside) just finished my 3rd season and its been one of my most successful ever seasons in 15 years of playing CM/FM, finished the season on 101pts and was only 1 loss away from an unbeaten season :seagull: which was the first game of the season against Liverpool away :mad: went 37 league games unbeaten after that!.

101 Points 37 games unbeaten.jpg

Also won the Champions League and Carabao Cup unfortunately we missed out on doing the quadruple as we was knocked out of the FA cup 2-1 in extra time by Tottenham away.

Had an Amazing finish to the season was 2-0 down to Real Madrid in the Champions league final was being totally dominated so at half time I told the team aggressively to show some passion, made 3 subs and changed to a more offensive 4-2-3-1 formation then we went on and smashed in 3 goals in just 11mins my super sub Odegaard getting 2 assists. 😊 

I quickly switched back to my defensive 4-1-2-2-1 plus switched on retain possession and held on for the last 15mins against heavy pressure, this is what makes us love FM despite its flaws!

Champions league final score.jpg :hammer: 5abcd1a756d88_Championsleaguefinalratings.thumb.jpg.9620aaec9dca6f3f686089254eb81ae2.jpg

First Team and my tactic simple but consistent:

First Team Tactic.jpg

Download Tactic: FM18 4-2-3-1 Playmaker-less.fmf

Asensio has been my star player scoring 22 and assisting 13 times in 27 games (only played 27 because I heavily rotate my squad). :onmehead:

Asensio.thumb.jpg.00ee7f151282012e5e8760165c11ee9f.jpg

My second XI is below which isnt bad for backups 😉 I normally change my entire XI for cup games so the players always play together and form partnerships:

5abcfafba3ac4_SecondTeamTactic.thumb.jpg.63a59fc6f8a4305941369a7151f6463d.jpg

My starting XI for the for forthcoming season is the same except for 2 changes Mustafi out and Marquinhos in, Savic out Ousmane Dembele in, want the invincible season so bad!

Pre-Season over: :cool::):eek:

5abcfc54b741e_PerfectPre-season.thumb.jpg.52571d185efbdb350125f4b9869f8715.jpg

How can you afford to pay the wages of both Messi and Neymar (along with all the other superstars you have) as usually very hard to get above £300k so soon in the game with Arsenal, plus they would demand massive bonuses and agent fees.

7 hours ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

How can you afford to pay the wages of both Messi and Neymar (along with all the other superstars you have) as usually very hard to get above £300k so soon in the game with Arsenal, plus they would demand massive bonuses and agent fees.

You simply couldnt spend 450m net and def couldnt pay Messi's 600k+ wages.

Hey guys!

About to start my third season with the winter update.

First season brought a treble (League, Europa and F.A Cup). Beat the Yids in europa and cup final! Main arrivals were De Ligt (17m) Arthur (25m) De Vrij (30m) Maresic (1m) and Rugani came in on loan in Jan. then departures were Iwobi & Holding (Loans to Everton and Burnley) Elneny (25m) 

Second season brought the league and runners up in Champions league (Losing to Bayern ) Arrivals were Rugani (15m) Zlatan (5m) Blind (12m) Aaron (22m) Fruchtl (15m) Kik Pierre (2m) Strootman (40m) then in Jan in came Kepa (37m)and a gribbin (1m) the departures were Koscielny (18m after moaning about a contract) Xhaka (20m) welbeck (35m) Monereal (15m) 

Zlatan and Strootman were brought in for their aggression and leadership qualities.

so currently my first team squad at the beginning of the third season is 

Gk Kepa, Fruchtl

Wbr Bellerin, Willock

Wbl Robertson(50m),ANM

Dc Rugani, Holding

dc De Ligt, Chambers, Blind

Dc De Vrij, Kimpele(PSG 50m)

Mc Wilshire, Strootman

Mc Arthur, Ramsey

Amc Ozil, Nelson

St Auba, Nkiteh

St Lacca, Rashford (50m and Kolasinac)

Has anyone ever experienced a complete mauling from a former player? Three games into the new season and things are looking promising. Keeping clean sheets, creating loads of chances. We come up against Southampton and Lucas does this. 

5ac6749027fdc_ScreenShot2018-04-05at20_03_32.png.d55b4e404e828877a841088172e28537.png

4 goals and an assist to completely destroy us. Will look into how my defence allowed him to be so devastating to us. I suspect a combination of a high line and a regista instead of a more defensive option at DM. 

Pre-season I have tried to get out team playing with the ball on the pitch, making use of our many options with cramming as many midfield and forward creators into the team as possible. Playing twelve preseason friendlies including hosting a tournament which I cam third in. We won the European Super Cup with an excellent 3-1 victory over Atletico Madrid. 

A huge number of players returned from loan spells and I had the task of trimming the squad while exploring various options of keeping players. Very early in the window, I decided to refresh our goalkeeping options. David De Gea was the number one target after falling out with Mourinho. Unfortunately, the club would not negotiated even with a £70m+ various first team players. I instead decided to turn my attention to the maligned Claudio Bravo from Manchester City in an intial £6m deal, on a one year deal. This was followed by a high profile departure and arrival. Piotr Zielinski arrived in for £10m plus Cech moving to Napoli the other direction. Zielinksi is perfect  playmaking partner for Mesut Ozil in the central midfield. Being either-footed compliments his uniqueness in this position. Another playmaker also arrived from Serie A, Hakan Calhanoglu will provide danger from his set pieces delivery and drifting in from the left. 

With the club being well stocked with squad players in every position, I set about moving players on. A number of players left on loan including Oliver Giroud  to Seville, Ospina to Benefica, Chambers to RBL, Coquelin to Roma and various under-23s to clubs in the championship and below. 

Di Maria, who arrived just the previous January agitated for a move after failing to win the title, a promise I didn't deliver to him. I was going to make use of him as an advanced playmaker on the left. However, Barcelona came in with a structured deal worth up to £64m which I could not turn down. I would of preferred more time making Di Maria a talisman for my team, but his inconsistency persuaded me to move him on. Lucas and Joel Campbell also left on permanent deals. 

Two deadline deals were completed as Anthony Knockaert arrived from Brighton for an initial £12.5m and Sammer (Our new DoF) was bidding manically for central defenders - a number of which I had to cancel. Eventually, I allowed him to complete the signing of Argentine Emanuel Mammana from Zenit. He will provide good Rotation. 

My starting eleven and tactic as below. 

5ac6748dcf751_ScreenShot2018-04-05at20_02_35.thumb.png.c2f79793fba47857d8b3a40faf586bd8.png

Martinez and Claudio Bravo will contest/rotate in the sweeper keeper role. Martinez being a promising shot stopper and Bravo capable at playing out from the back. Bellerin will be a mainstay at rightback, with Walcott providing backup here. I plan to rotate Mustafi with Koscielney and Elneny with Kramer as I play with one converted midfielder and one natural centre back. The evergreen Monreal will be rotated with an offensive minded inverted wing back of Wilshire. Cazorla, Ozil and Zielinski will be the midfield creative hub, with strong tactical dynamics appearing early into the season. Ramsey and Knockeart will rotate as wide advanced playmakers. The left will be up for grabs and contested between Jeff Reine Adelaid and Calhanoglu contesting the position. Lacazette will be the main striker in the set up, being able to create and score. Mario Gomez, although injury prone, will provide poacher cameos, with Welbeck performing a more defensive forward role. 

Archived