World Cup 2018 Winners

Curious as to what nation won the World Cup during your career, France won mine after beating Mexico 2-1 in the final, with Belgium beating Russia 4-1 in the 3rd-place match. Who won yours? And if you have gone far enough who won the world cups after that?

Argentina beat Brazil 2-1 in the final on my FM16 save.

Hosts Russia came last in their group, with South Korea and Algeria advancing
Honourable mention to Jamaica who not only topped their group, they didn't even concede a goal, finishing above Brazil and knocking holders Germany out in the process. Argentina brought them back down to Earth with a 4-0 thumping in the Second Round.

A Cameroon v Ukraine final, that has to be one of the most bizarre that I have seen, also............

16 hours ago, LeeWHU888 said:

England beat Venezuela in the 2022 final

Venezuela? lol

Not playing FM17 at the moment but here are the winners so far in my FMC15 game.

zFJbp9.jpg

11 hours ago, Maw74 said:

A Cameroon v Ukraine final, that has to be one of the most bizarre that I have seen, also............

Venezuela? lol

Haha I know mate, proper random. England won on penalties as well. FM realism eh :D

Your game has been consistent all the way, pretty realistic winners there.

12 hours ago, Maw74 said:

Venezuela? lol

Not playing FM17 at the moment but here are the winners so far in my FMC15 game.

zFJbp9.jpg

Damn impressive making it 2058, well played sir :applause:

On 16/05/2017 at 16:40, Sussex Hammer said:

Germany beat Argentina on mine but I hasten to add I reloaded the game after South Korea beat Mexico in the Final first time around.  It just looked silly!!

Real life didn't reload when Greece won the European Championship.

9 hours ago, Nobby_McDonald said:

Real life didn't reload when Greece won the European Championship.

On a side note, I wish we could do this in real life. Then again, we'd never get past any General Election as everyone would save just before it and then rage quit when the result didn't go their way...

I've not yet reached the 2018 World Cup in my current FM17 save.

In my old Millwall save, Germany beat Uruguay 2-0 to retain the World Cup. Switzerland defeated Costa Rica in the 3rd-place play-off, while England were thrashed 4-0 by the Netherlands in the second round. Sounds about right.

On 19/05/2017 at 09:00, mark1985 said:

On a side note, I wish we could do this in real life. Then again, we'd never get past any General Election as everyone would save just before it and then rage quit when the result didn't go their way...

Or the Brexit "remoaners" last year.

2018 - Poland beat France 3-1 in the final, Germany beat Brazil 3-2 for 3rd place.

2022 - Germany beat Nigeria 4-0 in the final, France beat Holland 4-1 for 3rd place.

2026 - Germany beat Spain 1-0 in the final, Italy beat France 1-1 (Italy win on pens) for 3rd place.

Archived