[FM17] San Giovanni - Tearing down the Establishment

Bedese

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

818c9ecb152f2b555aee9f6760de4c23.png

Actually, his injury could be the best thing that happened to us...

After the injury, he withdrew his trasnfer request and changed his mind about moving to a bigger club, so we could give him a new contract. He's here for at least five years unless someone meets the release clause that his agent demanded, but I really can't see anyone paying us £675,000 for him? The highest offer we've had so far is around £200,000, so I'm hopeful...

0c8abb110e7366fd55ea5cca649be910.png

3 hours ago, MichaelBrown said:

Can't you start playing in the league more often? For this challenge to progress (at this stage anyway) you need to be winning the title  every year. Especially as the other sides aren't doing anything

I wish it was that simple, but the problem is with the way the league system works over there.

We're winning the league basically every year, but that doesn't mean anything, because the top three teams in each group go into a double elimination style playoff. The problem keeps coming in the final, because it's essentially a one game, winner takes all situation, and even though we've dominated the league season, losing that playoff final means that we don't make the Champions League. I play all the playoff games, and we're always making it to the playoffs, but it's very easy to slip up in one individual game and have the whole season wasted because of it.

What are the biggest holes in the squad that need filling anyway?

Carli's a good defender but boy does he a need a bloody haircut, and Zafferani seems like one of those CMs who do a whole load of nothing (aka the Cleverley). Hope he can develop, as he has some serious holes in his game.

1 hour ago, Jupjamie said:

I wish it was that simple, but the problem is with the way the league system works over there.

We're winning the league basically every year, but that doesn't mean anything, because the top three teams in each group go into a double elimination style playoff. The problem keeps coming in the final, because it's essentially a one game, winner takes all situation, and even though we've dominated the league season, losing that playoff final means that we don't make the Champions League. I play all the playoff games, and we're always making it to the playoffs, but it's very easy to slip up in one individual game and have the whole season wasted because of it.

I just won my 1st "league" but lost in the playoffs too, just takes one "15 shots to 4 and lose 1-0" game and the league is lost.

3 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

What are the biggest holes in the squad that need filling anyway?

Carli's a good defender but boy does he a need a bloody haircut, and Zafferani seems like one of those CMs who do a whole load of nothing (aka the Cleverley). Hope he can develop, as he has some serious holes in his game.

Good question. We're going to badly need a ST, because Lombardi is now 34 and Alan Zafferani is 32, and I don't much like any of our backups. We don't have a great keeper, we could do with a better LM and we're not that strong at CM either. If I had to rank them? ST, LM, CM, GK.

3 hours ago, Bood said:

I just won my 1st "league" but lost in the playoffs too, just takes one "15 shots to 4 and lose 1-0" game and the league is lost.

It's so frustrating :( 

13 minutes ago, Soviet said:

What's the board reaction when you ask for better youth recruitment?

We don't even have the option to ask for youth recruitment, and haven't had the option once since the save started.

Archived