[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September

a4227955ff683fe4a4abcef43ce3c223.png

I took the approach with this trophy that I'd play a full strength side in the first game and if we won or drew I'd take it seriously, if we lost I'd sack it off. Well we lost so I will probably sack it off now. 

09a5cd958dbcd91a922c45ee1e1b5bfa.png

Not the best month as we lost 3 times, we did beat bottom-place Dartford at least but it's not that reassuring since we only scored through a penalty and they sit rock bottom with 1 point from 9 games. 

4fcefa8045ad2920936c6f7e62d707c9.png

It's certainly going to be a long season and could go to the wire. The main hope is that if Dartford continue this horrific form then in theory it's only really a scrap to avoid being the other side that goes down with them. 

Edited by PaulHartman71

October

0e0a8770dac0f7ea0131b1a82575a696.png

We took a loss against Bolton where I played fringe players but stuck with our first choice striking 11 as they were both lacking a little in match fitness. We did alright but ultimately lost 4-2. 

755a78629bd1d7da5758e6ab64c2b643.png

Another very tricky month, but we did at least get a point at home to Oxford and a 1-0 win away to Newport County. 

4ebf42c5cb35e27f80558f1bb5e594fa.png

5 points seperates us from the dropzone but that gap will surely narrow if our poor form continues

A few crazy chain of events have just occurred to trigger a crazy manager merry-go-round. Chelsea sacked Didier Deschamps which led to extraordinary scenes, where long term Man United manager, Markus Weinzeri, sensationally left Man United to join the reigning champions Chelsea mid-season. Man United replaced Weinzeri with Everton manager Leighton Baines. This saw regen manager Fernando More leave West Ham for Everton, which in turn saw Rio Ferdinand leave Nottingham Forest to take over at West Ham. 

Just a few days later, Liverpool, who sit in 10th place, sacked their manager Martin Laursen. This saw Leonardo Jardim leave his cushty job at PSG for a bigger pay day in Liverpool, which in turn led to Zinedine Zidane leaving Real Madrid to get a big pay day at PSG. Real Madrid replaced him with former player Marcos Llorente. 

9059016918515c6f9fc1f6eb1333e977.png

Yeah, so a bit of a weird one this. At first I thought Blackpool were a League 1 side so I was pretty made up to be offered an interview by them, then I remembered that they'd actually been relegated from the Football League altogether last season. So yeah, guess who's going back to the Non-League life :brock:

d56b74e0b7c5aead4c51525535df1c55.png

They're a club in a lot of debt, but do have a higher reputation than Salford. Despite being £350K in the red they also felt I was worth the £12K, so fair play. I'll be on £750 which is less than I'm on at Salford, but if we get the promotion that they want then I'll be on more than that due to bonuses. I'm not hugely happy to go back down to the Conference after a grueling promotion battle to get there last year, but tbf it is kind of Salford's fault as they only gave me a 1 year extension in the summer even after I got them up against the odds. 

Blackpool sacked their manager because they want to go back up as champions, so they are clearly a fairly ambitious board/club which is reassuring at least. 

4d2a8d24c171e07cff292952dc49bb77.png

1e87c54debcb6242d7a05e1e9f5a930d.png

This is the table from when they first offered me an interview. I thought it was a bit weird that they'd sacked the manager even though they were still in the Playoffs, but it looks like their caretaker manager has actually won their last 2 games to boost them up a bit. Even with his good form though they clearly wanted an experienced man for the job, perhaps they've written off winning the Conference outright and felt I was the best man for a Playoff campaign. 

We'll see how it goes. The squad seems pretty good, I'll try to get a few loans in but I think we could even challenge for the title if we can get a good run of form going. 

My first match in charge is, of all the games, away to my old friends at Forest Green. They're a good side and I'm not sure we would have 100 percent beat them in the Playoff Final if they hadn't got 2 men sent off, so fingers crossed for 2 red cards again in this match and we should be fine.

November

369a00f2e95ca45b68def0872d858d9b.png

Forest Green result aside, it's been a promising start to my time at Blackpool. Aaron May, who is a 22 year old striker who has spent his entire career at the club, looks like a good striker for this level and already has 12 in 24 this season. If he can keep that 1 in 2 ratio up he should score enough to give us a good chance of going up. 

d80482c2307b0597dabadef7f91be3a3.png

Wrexham now only 6 points and goal difference ahead of us at the top of the table. We've already got a 5 point gap between us and 6th too which is always good. 

December

2858bbae6d862eecf20c89dedcfb1f4e.png

It took over 3 hours of football before we finally sunk Conference South outfit Gosport. The original match got postponed to start with due to a dodgy pitch down their way, which actually caused our December schedule to became an absolute shambles. 

614fdc0a89f2a8e045ea163bdbd35e6d.png

Look at the state of those last 3 games ffs :D 3 games in 4 days ffs!!! Credit to the team as we still managed to win the first 2 games, but I had no choice but to put out our second string against Hyde as the first team were ****ed. We very nearly held onto what would've been a fantastic point but Hyde got a late goal. An absolute joke though, if we miss out on winning the title or Playoffs by a point or 3 I will be blaming the schedulers for this shambolic affair. 

23b13e0ab9901f87e169944870e05a65.png

We're now 8 points off of Wrexham in top spot, with only a 3 point gap putting us between Chesterfield. With 17 games left, there's plenty of time for a late charge and I'm really up for it after the league messed with our fixtures like that. 

January

277e367f8118a09ec5664a2d4fe18c07.png

We beat Chorley 3-1 to get through in the FA Trophy 

f187782912db0b46c7527f1bdacbbad6.png

A near perfect month which saw us win 5 of our 6 games, with Aaron May getting 9 in 6, including 4 at Walsall. 

7c4cbc47d425f7ddb62dfee4c26f45a0.png

Top of the league lads :cool:

Edited by PaulHartman71

5 minutes ago, Lenzar said:

Has anyone fallen further than Wigan?

Of the 'big' clubs, probably not. Accrington Stanley are in the Conference North though. Torquay down in the 8th tier too which is pretty bad by their standards. Other than that the other biggest droppers are probably Harrogate Town, Dover Athletic and Whitehawk now at County Level. 

February

9bc399238d3468f93595c6443cbbfcc0.png

A 2-0 win against Maldon & Tiptree sees us through to the Quarter Final of the FA Trophy. It won't be easy but it would be cool to win it again. 

5b14c5e9b6737cd3f65e979896af3506.png

We started the month with a 1-0 loss to promotion rivals Portsmouth, but since then we've beaten both Chelmsford and Altrincham with Aaron May and Francis Green in god form. 

03629a12a80cef6b94b9778848c9a355.png

We're top of the table still, but Wrexham can go level with us if they win their game in hand, although we'd still be on top by goal difference. We have some tough games left though, with Wrexham, Forest Green and Boreham Wood all still to play. 

March

fbd5199684d7aab7bf10b96bcc88a342.png

Unfortunately there won't be another FA Trophy win for me this year as we went out to Cheltenham after losing the replay. 

88bf36ec2cdb22d9fb8e88648453b84b.png

A testing month, which saw us win 3, draw 2 and lose 2. We at least got a point against Wrexham, where at one point we were 4-1 down. 

c81740cc3900f01d124949ef2b899749.png

4 games to go and Forest Green are back on top of the table, with Portsmouth now just a point behind after they managed to beat us. Our 45th game is at home to Forest Green and that will most likely decide who wins the title and who has to go through the Playoffs. I'm really hoping we can do it as I could do without another Playoff campaign. 

4th minute: Parsonage with a throw in on the right side of the Blackpool half. He throws it to Cross, Cross back to Parsonage who hits a cross into the box... that's picked up easily by McDonald in goal and he might look to start a break now. McDonald thumps it up to the halfway line towards May...May gets a header onwards but there's no Blackpool players near it, it's Cooper at CB who has an easy pass back to his keeper, Hatch takes it in goal and hits it upfield....oh and that's a terrible clearance! It's gone straight to Kerr who's attacking on the right wing for Blackpool...Kerr can pick a pass to Green here who's on the EDGE OF THE BOX...OHHH WHAT A STRIKE!!! HE'S ABSOLUTELY HAMMERED THAT ONE INTO THE TOP CORNER!!! KEEPER HAD NO CHANCE!!! IT'S BLACKPOOL 1-0 FOREST GREEN ROVERS

23rd minute: McHale with a corner for Blackpool... he hits it towards the far post and IT'S MAYYYYYY....HE'S HEADED IT PAST THE KEEPER TO DOUBLE BLACKPOOL'S LEAD! AARON MAY'S 38TH GOAL OF THE SEASON MAKES IT BLACKPOOL 2-0 FOREST GREEN ROVERS

36th minute: It's a corner for Forest Green. Parsonage to take it... decent ball in and IT'S FOUND FREEMAN...OHHHH AND IT'S OFF THE BAR...but it's fallen straight to SWANNNNN...OHHHH MY WORD THAT IS AN UNBELIEVABLE SAVE FROM MCDONALD!!! I DON'T KNOW HOW HE'S KEPT THAT ONE OUT!!! That was like something out of The Matrix!!

51st minute: A throw in for Blackpool in the middle of the Forest Green half. It's Ryder to take it. Ryder to Gayle on the edge of the box, oh and a strong tackle from Parsonage to win it back for Forest Green, it looks like it's Forest Green to counter down the left wing here, Ryder finds Hewitt in the middle who has two green shirts ahead of him...he's passed it to SWANNN....THEY'VE GOT A GOAL BACK!! A CUTE FINISH MAKES IT BLACKPOOL 2-1 FOREST GREEN ROVERS

79th minute: Forest Green have a free kick on the edge of the Blackpool box. It's Hewitt to try and whip it into the middle with lots of Forest Green players forward for it... Cooke with a good header away for Blackpool. It's fallen to Drummy outside the box and he's got a lot of space ahead of him, Blackpool could break here.... Drummy finds May on the half-way line, May still has a lot to do here...oh but he's squared it wonderfully across the pitch to McHale...McHale dribbling down the pitch and the Blackpool defence can't keep up...McHale on the edge of the box and he's got May running through in the middle...IT'S MAY.... AND HE DOES NOT MISS!!! A WONDERFUL BREAKAWAY GOAL TO MAKE IT BLACKPOOL 3-1 FOREST GREEN ROVERS and surely that puts this match and possibly even the title itself in the bag for Blackpool!

4 hours ago, mrdanbartlett said:

Gosh you couldn't make this up!  I guess in a way maybe having another title/promotion on your CV is better than if you had just kept Salford up in the league above?

Yeah I think this is probably true tbf. 

36 minutes ago, Carninho said:

I'm a little upset that Adam Hart hasnt produced a son on his travels yet. He needs to sort himself out ready for the FM18 chapter 

Seems quite fitting that Adam isn't as much of a success with the ladies as his dad was tbf.