[FM17] The Hart Chronicles - Volume II: Adam Hart is 'Yes Man'!

PaulHartman71

27 minutes ago, PaulHartman71 said:

Ah I see. Tbf that woulds till be very very appreciated at this point. I think Old Trafford has been renovated now to around 95K on the game, but I doubt they'd get anywhere near that sort of numbers for a FA Cup game against a League 1 side. Although I suppose with it being a Quarter Final they may do alright. 

Should easily clear a million then, as soon as you get out of the red immediately ask for a coaching course, followed by an increase in wage budget - then quickly see if you can get someone in either on a free or loan who will improve the XI and maybe make the difference in the relegation fight.

I'm sure you know all this already.  Try and select players who are determined and currently have ok morale, can help in a relegation battle.  Morale can be so key when you are up against it. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

February

c2abdfc0ec28188d4c5917d2a2c0d215.png

2 wins and 3 losses in February, not a terrible month but not a particularly good one either. The 4-0 loss at Crewe was really disappointing as it was a big relegation 6 pointer. 

727aa0adbc2de6bca0d15b1ba1820ea1.png

1 point off the relegation zone with 1 game in hand. I think if we do go down it will only be as 21st, but the trouble is doing our best to try and avoid being that dreaded 21st. 

United could only get a draw at Fulham. This means that the game will now be pushed back another 11 days due to United's Europa League commitments. Their replay actually takes place on the same day as all of the other Quarter Finals. It's taken so long that we've actually been entered in the draw for the Semi Final, so if we do somehow get past United or Fulham, we will face Leicester or West Ham at Wembley. 

March

5ff565429851e63c706ee3ef05b5dc3f.png

A fantastic March which saw 3 wins, 2 draws and just 1 loss. We've been in fine form, winning 1-0 away from home against Notts County and Luton who are both chasing promotion, as well as getting one over on Frank Lampard's Gillingham at their ground which was brilliant. 

6ae3309c5f6f2b82cdebd20fc3f81f8d.png

With 5 games to go it seems like we've hit some good form at the right time as I think that should just about be us safe now. Could still do with another win or a few draws to confirm it, but I think unless something crazy happens we have managed to stay up!

9a5ead12c5670771d1866d2fd1b83ca3.png

We are without our first choice RB, Ap Daffyd, who got injured against Cambridge, but other than that we name our best side against United. 77,287 have turned up, with a huge away turnout of 9,350 coming up from Blackpool (to put that into perspective, we've only had 2 home games in the league where we've had more than 8,000 turn up, and both of those games were against big teams, Bolton and Derby, who have sizable away crowds making a fair bit of that up too. 

1st minute: United kick-off and they get this midweek cup tie underway. Darren Fletcher's men are 8 points ahead at the top of the Premier League, they've pretty much sewed up the title in Fletcher's first season in charge, he'll be pleased to add a Premier League title to his impressive CV that already includes Serie A and Italian Cup medals with Roma. He'll be wanting to add an FA Cup too no doubt, they'll have been pleased to get drawn with Blackpool at home, but anything can happen in the FA Cup!

3rd minute: Blackpool have started fairly positively here. They're sitting back and playing on the counter but they've managed to win a throw in halfway into United's half. Messaoudi to hurl it into the box, it's to Beck's feet who's just outside the box, he's got May in the middle...ohhhh and it's a decent strike but Miranda makes a fine save to force a corner!

18th minute: Santellan leading the charge in the Blackpool half. He hits it up to the star striker Nicot, Nicot knocks it down to Wood... IT'S WOOD TO STRIKE IT...OHHHH AND HE'S HIT THE FRAME OF THE GOAL BETWEEN THE POST AND BAR!!! You can't get much closer than that. Johnston in goal was so close to getting that, did he get a touch to save that?? So close for United and Goncalo clears it!

30th minute: United have a free-kick about 30 yards out on the left flank. It's Novik to hit it into the box, plenty of red shirts forward for this but plently of blue Blackpool ones in there too. Novik towards Nicot who heads it on and it's towards Wood...BUT GONCALO IS THERE! A huge interception from the Blackpool defender to prevent what looked like a tap in for Jack Wood! 

36th minute: A corner for Darren Fletcher's men. It's Novik on another set-piece. Novik bends it in... it's NICOT...it's punched away by Johnston only as far as the edge of the box...REES...ohhh and that's Goncalo again who's got in the way of that one and Dallas smashes it upfield and away from danger! 

43rd minute: Rees running forward for United. Not long to go until half-time, Blackpool have weathered the United storm so far, they'd be very happy to get to half-time at 0-0 if they could. Rees hits it towards Nicot...Nicot knocks it down, he's 30 yards from goal and has a lot to do here, a fair few blue shirts ahead of him, he's got Jack Wood running through though... it's to Jack Wood...ohhh and Goncalo comes sliding in and takes him out! Is that a penalty?? No the referee says he got the ball fair and square despite the United appeals! 

51st minute: A corner for United. It's Mulder to hit this one into the middle. Not the best ball and Swift heads it away from goal...Thompson picks it up outside the box and could Blackpool break here? Still a lot of red shirts back but Thompson lumps it upfield to Taggart who glances it on to May...and May could run at goal here... he's too fast for the red shirts chasing him and he's one-on-one with Miranda... OHHH AND MIRANDA MAKES A WORLD CLASS SAVE TO DENY MAY! He's one of the best keepers in the world and you saw that quality on display there!

57th minute: Novik has the ball on the very left handside of the half-way line, he's seen a pass here, it's a very high ball up towards Nicot and he's picked him out brilliantly, Nicot heads it on to Cowan who is in here....ohhh and it's a poor strike in the end that Johnston has little trouble dealing with.

65th minute: Santellan for United, he's got Nicot and Novik ahead of him, he finds Novik who's drifted out to the left wing a bit, just Nicot in the box, it's Novik to NICOT....AND IT'S IN!!! NICOT MAKES IT 1-0 TO MAN UNIT- NO!! The lines man is flagging for offside! The United fans cannot believe it! They thought their side had taken the lead! 

77th minute: Pat Holt bringing the ball forward into the Blackpool half. But substitute Stefan Naudts clatters into him and wins the ball back for his side. It's Andy Thompson now. Thompson has Beck out on the left... he finds Beck who has Taggart and sub striker Ross Taylor in the middle...he hits it in there and TAGGART!!!! OH IT'S JUST PUSHED WIDE BY MIRANDA! Blackpool nearly got an absolutely massive goal in this game!

88th minute: Both teams look fairly tired now. United have more or less won the league but they could really do without this one going to extra-time tonight, as there will be no replay, I'm sure Blackpool won't mind as they've sewn up their league commitments! It's Novik to Cowan, out left to Mulder, Mulder into the middle...oh and a big header away from Goncalo...but it's fallen to REES ON THE EDGE OF THE BOX.... oh it's not the best shot but Johnston still has to make a big pressure save late on!

93rd minute: We're well into injury time now. It's looking increasingly like there will be another 30 minutes played here. Perhaps one last chance for United to seal this game up. Pat Holt hits it up and into the box, it's NICOTT..... ohhhh and he's missed an absolute sitter! What a chance for Nicot and that's the kind of chance you miss and wonder whether it's not going to be your night. 

Johnston to take a goal kick for Blackpool and he'll be in no rush to take it. The referee will surely blow when he takes it... and he does! League 1's Blackpool have taken top of the table United to extra-time!  

96th minute: Both sets of players looking quite tired but you'd have to fancy United in this situation in front of their home crowd. It's Rees towards Cowan, out to the right to Garmey who hits a first time cross to NICOT....OHHH AND HOW DID THAT NOT GO IN?? Just fractions wide!! It looked destined for the Blackpool net! 

101st minute: A corner for Blackpool. It's Cannon to take it. It's in towards Messaouadi...oh and a red shirt clears it and finds Rees on the edge of the box...and Blackpool have 9 players ahead of the ball here! It's just Goncalo back for them! United could be in if Rees can carry on his run... he's found Nicot who's about 50 yards from goal with just Goncalo and the keeper to beat... Nicot keeps going and he's going to try and go past Goncalo...BUT GONCALO IS HAVING NONE OF IT! He's taken him down and got the ball in the process! Danger averted once more for the away side!

105th minute: It's half-time in extra-time. Just 15 minutes to play and against all the odds Blackpool could end up just the lottery of a penalty shoot-out away from not just beating United at Old Trafford, but making it to an FA Cup Semi Final in the process!

111th minute: Thompson whacks it upfield towards Ross Taylor. He gets the ball and holds it up, 3 red shirts ahead of him but Martin Taggart is up there too. Taylor hits a chipped ball to Taggart into the box... IT'S TAGGART!!!!! Oh my....Miranda makes a save that he knows very little about and it just slide wide of the post! The narrowest of margins to keep Blackpool out!

118th minute: There's not long left to go now. Blackpool would surely settle for penalties at this point. Darren Fletcher still desperately urging his men to find a winner. Novik finds Cowan, Cowan out to Garmey, Garmey tries yet another ball into the box...Goncalo makes a big clearance but it's fallen to PAT HOLT...OH AND IT CANNONS OFF OF JOHNSTON THE KEEPER AND AWAY FROM DANGER! Blackpool somehow still keeping United out! 

United will take the first penalty. It's Novik who has stepped up. It's Novik...OH AND IT'S A POOR PENALTY AND SAM JOHNSTON HAS SAVED IT! MAN UNITED 0-0 BLACKPOOL

Ross Taylor to take the first penalty for Blackpool. He's not impressed a huge amount since signing for Blackpool in January, but he's come on as a sub and he looks confident for this penalty. It's Taylor...OH AND MIRANDA SAVES IT! Saves from both keepers! MAN UNITED 0-0 BLACKPOOL

Nicot up next for United who got a big let off there. Nicot's one of the world's finest strikers and top scorer in the Premier League. He'll surely bury this one. Nicot hits it towards the bottom left corner...OH AND JOHNSTON IS THERE AGAIN!!! TWO SAVES IN A ROW FOR HIM!! MAN UNITED 0-0 BLACKPOOL

Cannon will go next for Blackpool. Can he be the first man to score in the shoot-out? CANNON HITS IT...OH AND THAT'S CANNONED WAY OVER THE CROSSBAR! A terrible penalty! MAN UNITED 0-0 BLACKPOOL

Gemmell for United. Will he grab the first goal in this? He hits it to the left... Johnston goes the right way but he just can't keep it out! MAN UNITED 1-0 BLACKPOOL

Martin Taggart up next. He's Blackpool's top scorer. They could really do with him slotting this home. Taggart to the keeper's left...OH AND MIRANDA KEEPS IT OUT! Not the best penalty in the end for Taggart and Blackpool have missed all 3 of their penalties so far! MAN UNITED 1-0 BLACKPOOL

Mulder can put United well into the driver seat if he puts this away. Mulder smashes it straight at Johnston...he gets a hand to it but it still goes in!! MAN UNITED 2-0 BLACKPOOL

Andy Thompson needs to score this to keep Blackpool in the game. Surely they can't miss 4 in a row? It's THOMPSON... HE SMASHES IT HOME! IF ONLY THEY'D HAD A FEW MORE PENALTIES LIKE THAT! MAN UNITED 2-1 BLACKPOOL

Rozman with United's 5th penalty. If he puts this away they're in the Semi Final. Johnston's saved 2 penalties and got close to another. He could really do with saving this one. It's Bojan Rozman... Johnston goes the right way but he can't keep it out! It's MAN UNITED 3-1 BLACKPOOL. It's taken extra-time and a penalty shoot-out for Man United to get past the League 1 side here, but Adam Hart's men unfortunately fallen short at the last hurdle! But what a cup game we've had tonight!

4ae3c54d107abfdef056b921c76b1b9f.png

Big news is the money. We made just shy of £900K and are well out of the red. I immediately asked to improve my coaching badges and they came back with "we're sorry but we need you on the training field" and I didn't even get the option to argue back like I did to the Port Talbot board :D Oh well. It won't let me ask again yet but I'll have to badger them again before we get back in the red. 

April/May

29842a70f9ea2fe691536a8d704066f0.png

In our last 5 league games we got just 1 win, 1 draw and 3 losses, but after the Cambridge match we'd secured safety so it wasn't a big problem. 

92153c3068a17ac4da757281e289f4ad.png

18th in the end which if you'd offered me at the start of the season I would've ripped your hands off. Portsmouth who have followed us up from the Conference in the last 2 years have actually made the Playoffs and could make it 3 promotions in a row potentially!

9 hours ago, PaulHartman71 said:

4ae3c54d107abfdef056b921c76b1b9f.png

Big news is the money. We made just shy of £900K and are well out of the red. I immediately asked to improve my coaching badges and they came back with "we're sorry but we need you on the training field" and I didn't even get the option to argue back like I did to the Port Talbot board :D Oh well. It won't let me ask again yet but I'll have to badger them again before we get back in the red. 

Remember to take yourself off any training roles before asking.

Amazing updates - so so close to getting through, was a brilliant read.  Overall a v successful season and the money *should* allow you a bigger budget, have they been set yet?  Would be nice to try and aim for a top half spot next year.

Season 28: Blackpool

bc17432f7532077c73e05d5d18d3bf8c.png

Squad

A very pleasing season. Of course the aim was to stay up which we achieved despite being in a bit of a scrap at the bottom for a while - and the FA Cup run was brilliant, to come a shoot-out away from beating United at Old Trafford and making a Semi Final was incredible. Good for the finances too.

Martin Taggart was top scorer again this year, with 27 goals in 50 games. I did sign other strikers but none of them could hit the ground running so Aaron May remained the 2nd striker, with 14 goals and 13 assists in 53 games. Ray Ewing was an important figure on the right side of midfield, with 12 goals and 10 assists for him, whilst Andy Thompson was important in central midfield as he often held it together for us at times. Scott Johnston on loan in goal from Rangers was a big player for us this year, he didn't keep many clean sheets but he was often the difference between a draw being a loss and a win being a draw, it will be tough to replace him next season. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season     Club                 Division                               Position      Achievements/Other
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League          8th         Eastern Counties League Cup winners
2017/18    Ipswich Wanderers    Eastern Counties Premier League         11th         Left in November
2017/18    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         13th         N/A
2018/19    Coventry Sphinx      Midland Football Premier League         10th         Left in December 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018/19    Carlton Town         United Counties Premier League           8th         United Counties League Cup runners-up. Sacked. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                      3rd         Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy winners
2020/21    Basildon United      Essex Senior League                     17th         Left in November 
2020/21    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   11th         N/A
2021/22    Lincoln United       Northern Counties East Premier League   17th         Left in December
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021/22    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        13th         N/A
2022/23    Swindon Supermarine  Southern League 1st Division S/W        18th         Left in January
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N   7th         N/A
2023/24    Trafford FC          Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Sacked in November
2023/24    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S          12th         Joined in January
2024/25    Hythe Town           Isthmian League 1st Division S           3rd         Left in March
2024/25    Canvey Island        Isthmian League Premier Division        23rd         Relegated 
2025/26    Canvey Island        Isthmian League 1st Division N          23rd         Sacked in November
2025/26    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N  11th         Joined in January
2026/27    Farsley Celtic       Northern Premier League 1st Division N   5th         Left in March
2026/27    Stourbridge          Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegated
2027/28    Stourbridge          Southern League 1st Division C           5th         Promoted via Playoffs 
2028/29    Stourbridge          Southern League Premier Division        15th         Left in November
2028/29    Lancaster City       Northern League Premier Division        21st         Relegeted. Sacked. 
2029/30    Southport            Northern League Premier Division        14th         N/A
2030/31    Southport            Northern League Premier Division         5th         Left in April 
2030/31    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         3rd         Lost in Playoff Final
2031/32    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         2nd         Lost in Playoff Final
2032/33    Port Vale            Northern League Premier Division         6th         Left in January 
2032/33    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     8th         N/A
2033/34    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     3rd         Qualified for Europa League via Playoff
2034/35    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     5th         Welsh Cup winners
2035/36    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Welsh League Cup winners
2036/37    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League winners
2037/38    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     1st         Welsh Premier League & League Cup winners
2038/39    Port Talbot Town     Welsh Premier League                     2nd         Left in December
2038/39    Yeovil Town          League 2                                22nd         Sacked in March. 
2039/40    Salford City         Conference                              14th         Joined in October. FA Trophy winners.
2040/41    Salford City         Conference                               4th         Promoted via Playoffs
2041/42    Salford City         League 2                                22nd         Left in November
2041/42    Blackpool            Conference                               1st         Promoted as Champions
2042/43    Blackpool            League 2                                 1st         Promoted as Champions
2043/44    Blackpool            League 1                                18th         N/A

Trophy Cabinet

League 2                       x1 - 2042/43 (Blackpool)
Conference                     x1 - 2041/42 (Blackpool)
FA Trophy                      x1 - 2039/40 (Salford City)
Eastern Counties League Cup    x1 - 2016/17 (Ipswich Wanderers) 
Gordan Brasted Memorial Trophy x1 - 2019/20 (Basildon United) 

Welsh Premier League           x2 - 2036/37, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh Cup                      x1 - 2034/35 (Port Talbot Town)
Welsh League Cup               x2 - 2035/36, 2037/38 (Port Talbot Town)

Darren Fletcher had a first season at Man United that his old boss Sir Alex would've been proud of, as the 60 year old Scottish manager ended up romping home to Premier League victory, with the Red Devils dropping points just 5 times all season. He also took home an FA Cup and a Europa League trophy to keep the fans happy.  

6c8a83846d636a2e8eaaa651bf6f0c7b.png

Sergiy Rebrov's City side ended up a distant 2nd, with Rosicky's Arsenal and Weinzeri's Chelsea side making up the top 4. Danny Welbeck guided his Southampton side to a decent 6th place, finishing above Leighton Baines' Tottenham and Leonardo Jardim's Liverpool. Jardim was actually sacked for his troubles and replaced by QPR manager Javier Mascherano, who makes a return to Merseyside. 

In the Champions League we saw yet another El Clasico final, this time it was Marcus Llorente's Madrid who bested Luis Enrique's Barcelona side. Luis Enrique is 74 years old now so next season will surely be his last crack at winning any more trophies for Barca. 

Elsewhere, Portsmouth won in the Playoffs to secure a 3rd promotion in a row and earning Championship football for themselves next season. It was a year to forget for Preston North End fans though, as their side was relegated from the Football League. Even worse for Walsall though, as they were relegated from the Conference. Market Drayton Town won the Conference North to make the 5th tier for the first time in their history, whilst Canvey Island have shot back up the Pyramid by winning promotion to the Conference South, a big feat for a side who just 6 seasons ago had fallen to County Level. 

Also, Zinedine Zidane has finally retired from management, leaving a lasting legacy as the current #5 in the Worldwide Hall of Fame: 

208f35c00a6be3d7abb62ed717a3a36c.png

He's actually been replaced at PSG by Hugo Lloris.

Edited by PaulHartman71

Cesc Fabregas got canned by England this summer after failing to get out of the Group Stage at the Euros. Obviously when a foreign manager fails the natural next step is to go for an English manager, which is exactly what the FA have done :D 

b486d789305dcc621ab6c0da929c8496.png

Rio's had an alright managerial career, he started off in the Championship and manager to establish himself as a Premier League manager by winning promotions with Middlesbrough twice. He's floated between jobs at West Ham, Spurs (who weren't really that good at the time), Nottingham Forest (who are a fairly solid mid-table Prem side now) and most recently Everton. It will be interesting to see what he can do with England I guess. This save has been fairly realistic with England as whilst you often see saves where they win multiple World Cups, Euros etc, the furthest they've ever got in a World Cup has been the Quarter Final, losing to Brazil in 2030 with Philip Cocu and Argentina in 2042 with Cesc. Cesc also managed a Quarter Final in the 2040 Euros, where they were knocked out on penalties by Germany, how original. 

b453f89b3f54238b2efd889b794c0001.png

Not a massively busy summer but still a fair bit of recruitment and a few key outgoings. We got big bids from Blackburn and St Johnstone for Ray Ewing and Andy Thompson, they were both important players for us last season, but for the sort of money we got offered it was a no brainer to sell them on especially since we got them on free transfers. 

Justin Young and Tom Newman were signed to reinforce the middle of the park, with Jodi Wells joining as our new #1 and Scott Fielding and Martin White joining to strengthen our defence. Craig Allan was signed to replace Ray Ewing on the right hand side, with our two loan signings joining as versatile squad players. 

August

d2550a59e4e7329a6762030fc289ee7d.png

A terrible loss to Championship side Burnley in the League Cup, although it was largely down to Ap Daffyd somehow managing to get two yellow cards within 7 minutes ffs. It was always going to be an uphill battle from there and they just took us apart with the numerical advantage. 

93974acdd7f4284d8dafe4a780e61932.png

It seems we've made some progress though as we lost twice to Liverpool U23s last season, but this time we've managed to beat them in our opening EFL Trophy match. 

645fe7a73aba8bb6c64d29374e2ee207.png

We've got off to a hell of a start in the league, with 3 wins, 1 draw and just 1 loss so far! 

964e8db57263ec6904fca838b8f0a03c.png

With 5 games played we find ourselves all the way up in 3rd, with just Cov and Frank Lampard's Gillingham ahead of us. It could be an interesting season for sure, as things are definitely looking up!

de1b49a94ddf379038685e42fd8eb973.png

At the end of the month I got offered an interview with Northampton Town, a fellow League One side who finished 10th last season. Their manager left for Championship side Swansea and they were looking to fork up the £50,000 it would take to make me theirs. I attended the interview and I'm assuming I would've got the job, however...

1d724ff83472e317cf0c2eb0a30d8d82.png

Blackpool came back in to keep me around, so like I did when I was at Port Vale and got offered another job, to stick with the theme of the game I've said yes to this and will be staying at Blackpool. The wage budget offered to me at Northampton was a bit higher and they had around £400K transfer budget, but obviously the transfer window has just closed anyway so that wouldn't have been hugely useful to me anyway. It remains to be seen whether this is a big opportunity missed or not, but at the moment I'm happy enough to stay as we've started this season well. 

I am just have the same experience with my current save, got offer from Walsall (mid table League One). Decline proposed to stay at Eastleigh (League 2) , and move to Walsall. Automatic promotion to League One and hopefully can get the promotion to Championship.