FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

Got to Dec was flying in the league etc. Saved my game then couldn't play for 3 days due to work etc then come back and just been on a shocking run team is so inconsistent.

I was 3pts behind arsenal at one point now am about 15 never had this happen before on any fm that I can remember :mad:

Think I might start again 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Late November 2021 here. This season has so far given me nothing but victories. 27 games won in a row and counting - next up, home games v Everton and Accrington (League Cup). The last game I didn't win was a 0-1 defeat to Hull back in mid-April.

My 23-man first team squad has 9 Club Homegrown players and 8 Nation Homegrown players at this point.

My 30-man U-23 team (with loads loaned out) has 16 Club homegrowns, several of which are severely knocking on the door for the first team squad. My U18 squad is basically only club HG's, with a few to become so within 2½ years.

I haven't really got any big plans regarding getting new people in as such. I've got a few older players that I'm expecting to say farewell to in the summer - Sturridge, Lovren, Clyne, if I can find any takers. Sturridge and Lovren both came back on free transfers to give a bit of experience to the squad, but they haven't really been needed as such. Clyne has been kicked off the team by Trent Alexander-Arnold, and I've got a young belgian right-back who really deserves Clynes first team spot by now.

Will Hughes is leaving me in January. He never managed to beat out Isco or Dele Alli for the playmaker spot in midfield, and I've got a few talents coming up that basically tells me he'll never be a proper regular with me. He's going to Watford for £20M, making this the fourth player Watford's bought from me in 3 years (Joe Gomez, Jed Winks (newgen), Caomhin Kelleher being the three first).

UPDATE: Beat Everton without problems. I also just noticed, Man City is doing absolutely horribly this season. After 14 games played, they're 17th! And Chelsea's 10th! The "new money" clubs are having some trouble rebuilding their squads with new managers all the time etc.

Top team manager history since game start summer 16:
City has swapped a lot: Guardiola: 1½ years. Then van Gaal for a year. Then Mircea Lucescu for 1½ years (won EFL Cup). Then Paulo Fonseca for 1½ years (won FA Cup). Right now, Alex Inglethorpe is caretaker manager. 
Chelsea's had Klopp as manager for little over four years now. He managed to win the FA Cup in '18, but otherwise, no trophies whatsoever.
Spurs have stuck with Pochettino for 7 years now. In which he's given them one EFL Cup trophy.
In Arsenal, Wenger stopped summer '18, after winning the Europa League. Joachim Löw took over, and has been there for 3½ years now, winning Champions League in '21.
Man Utd have stuck with Mourinho for 5½ years. He's won the PL once, in '17, but other than that I can't imagine why they're so happy with him.
And then of course Liverpool and myself: 4 times PL, Community shield 5 times, 1 CL, 1 World Club Cup, 1 euro Super Cup, 2 FA Cup and 3 EFL Cup.

Lemar is amazing - I also brought him in, but I play him centrally.

Lallana, Lovren both sold - they wanted to leave and neither would sign  new deal so I cashed in on them.

have had a 56m offer for Laporte accepted, he wants 250k per week - I don't think this is too bad in todays prices/wages for someone of his quality, I'm not convinced by Matip either.

has anyone got any experience with Laporte and if he is worth that kind of cash - my transfer budget is 150m and 1m under wages so can afford him - but only if he would be worth it.

I made the silly mistake of seeing what I would get my DOF to gree contract wise, then cancelled it and did the negoitating myself

really annoyed as my DOF got him to agree to a MUCH lower wage etc that I can.

I want to pull out and ask my DOF to negotiate again - but I'm worried if I pull out now we have agreed a contract he wont be interested for a while?

Could some people post screen shots of their tactic & instructions? I'm not into download tactics and playing them, but I want to at least see what tactics people are using...

My tactic was working when I first started the game, but not it seems to not be working after an update so am looking to start again. 

I was just offered the B. Leverkusen job, but I turned it down.  I need to win the CL with LFC before I consider moving clubs.

Just starting my 3rd season and just lost to Spurs in the CS 5-4! I put that down to the game being played at Spurs' ground :-)

Also just had a big accepted for De Bruyne.  Anybody else tried to buy him? If so how'd you get on?

really sad to see in my "The managerial Career of Jorg Albertz" save that the Liverpool team have been depleted after not qualifying for the CL in the first Season and have yet to return to it  - all the stars have gone and they are now a mid table side (only in season 4) 

35 minutes ago, glenn28 said:

Continho has become injury prone in my game all of a sudden 

He got injured for me during preseason, missed first two games.

Transfer window just finished for Aug 18, start of my 3rd season, think I may have over bought on attacking players :-)

transfers18-19endofwindow.png

Also now got 3 players called Silva :-)

January 2022 came and went, and I did a bit of housekeeping.

Clyne went to Betis on loan for the rest of the season. I hope to sell him in the summer.

Sturridge and Lovren, both returned to the club on free transfers in July 2021, have both agreed to move to the USA. They will leave mid-February.

Will Hughes got tired of being behind Dele Alli, and left for Watford for £20M.

And finally, I got an offer of £30M for Sadio Mané from Real. Now, Mané is a good player, granted. But he's also 29, and I've got two very talented right-wingers ready to take his place. So off he went. My first choice right-winger is now Pau Nevado, a 21-year old Spanish super-talent who've been with me since summer 2018. My backup is a LFC youth newgen called Joshua Crompton. He looks good, but not as good as Pau. Both these kids are club homegrowns

I got a new Brazilian supertalent who's going to fight with Thiago Maia for my regista spot. At this point the only non-homegrown players in my 23-man first team squad are: Thiago Maia, Daniele Rugani, Thomas Lemar and Ivandilson (newgen).

Lemar is btw immense. He won the Ballon D'or, even. This season so far: 28 games, 15 goals, 18 assists. Last season: 38 games, 21 goals, 19 assists.
Wilfried Thomas, my striker-talent, has taken fully over from Firmino. This season so far: 29 games, 27 goals and 10 assists. If he continues like this, he might actually end up threatening Roger Hunt. Heh as 56 PL-goals for LFC at age 20, so 189 goals to go and at least 10 years left of his career, if not more.

28 minutes ago, ThunderZtormDK said:

January 2022 came and went, and I did a bit of housekeeping.

Clyne went to Betis on loan for the rest of the season. I hope to sell him in the summer.

Sturridge and Lovren, both returned to the club on free transfers in July 2021, have both agreed to move to the USA. They will leave mid-February.

Will Hughes got tired of being behind Dele Alli, and left for Watford for £20M.

And finally, I got an offer of £30M for Sadio Mané from Real. Now, Mané is a good player, granted. But he's also 29, and I've got two very talented right-wingers ready to take his place. So off he went. My first choice right-winger is now Pau Nevado, a 21-year old Spanish super-talent who've been with me since summer 2018. My backup is a LFC youth newgen called Joshua Crompton. He looks good, but not as good as Pau. Both these kids are club homegrowns

I got a new Brazilian supertalent who's going to fight with Thiago Maia for my regista spot. At this point the only non-homegrown players in my 23-man first team squad are: Thiago Maia, Daniele Rugani, Thomas Lemar and Ivandilson (newgen).

Lemar is btw immense. He won the Ballon D'or, even. This season so far: 28 games, 15 goals, 18 assists. Last season: 38 games, 21 goals, 19 assists.
Wilfried Thomas, my striker-talent, has taken fully over from Firmino. This season so far: 29 games, 27 goals and 10 assists. If he continues like this, he might actually end up threatening Roger Hunt. Heh as 56 PL-goals for LFC at age 20, so 189 goals to go and at least 10 years left of his career, if not more.

Where do you play Lemar?

Finished my first season with LFC. This is my first Liverpool save on FM17. I make Jürgen Klopp as my DoF with editor. My first season with LFC was a joy to watch. Coutinho is my best player and won every major honour this season.20170112194518_1.jpg20170112194520_1.jpg20170112194523_1.jpg

We become the champions of PL and Spurs came second. We bang 97 goals and no other side can score more than us. 

20170112194553_1.jpg

20170112194834_1.jpg

Our front 5 (Origi-Sturridge-Coutinho-Firmino and Mane) was brilliant;

20170112194733_1.jpg

And there it is, transfers;

20170112194949_1.jpg

We sign Mathew Ryan form Valencia because I needed a sweeper keeper and neither Migs or Karius can do this job for me. 

Signed Simon Kjaer form Fenerbahce and he performed very well. He has the best average rating and he selected as Fans' Player of the Season.

We need back-up full backs so we sign Charlie Taylor from Leeds and Corchia from Lille.

20170112194646_1.jpg

This is the Liverpool team of the season;

20170112194655_1.jpg

Now, I am at the summer transfer window, I have £60M transfer budget and I sold Sakho to Lazio for £22M. Emre Can wants to leave for Man Cİty because of high wages. Probbably sell him and Lallana.(he was brilliant this season, 27 apps, 2 goals and 11 assists) 

5 minutes ago, Brads-Wigan said:

Hiya, just wondering what do people do with Markovic? Sell him after the first season or use him? Just finished first season and bought in Domenico Berardi so don't see much need for him unless I move Mane on and keep him!

I play with IF's so I got rid of him and Mane and brought in Berardi and Ounas. Berardi has been a god for me so far and he's playing out of his skin this season. Check the stats.

Domenico Berardi_ Overview Profile.png

What tactics are people using. Having mixed results with original squad.

Control. Highly structured. 4-1-2-2-1.

Gk def

Rb/lb support

Cd both defend.

Regista

Bbm support. 

Rpm support 

Lw inside forward support 

Rw winger support 

F9

Have tried variety of team instructions from 12 to none.

Just wondering what systems/instructions people are finding work.

3 hours ago, Plastic_Road said:

£42m for Markovic good price

OM are just splashing cash around in my save. They took Sturridge and Mingolet off me too and bought Fellaini, Hirving Lozano, Jordi Amat, Idrissa Gueye and Martin Odegaard all for stupid money.

10 hours ago, Solo171013 said:

What tactics are people using. Having mixed results with original squad.

Control. Highly structured. 4-1-2-2-1.

Gk def

Rb/lb support

Cd both defend.

Regista

Bbm support. 

Rpm support 

Lw inside forward support 

Rw winger support 

F9

Have tried variety of team instructions from 12 to none.

Just wondering what systems/instructions people are finding work.

Here's my tactic I'm having a lot of success with along with T.I.s. You need quick fullbacks for this but if your playing with original squad, Clynne and Moreno are really good in this set-up.

Liverpool_  Overview.png

Liverpool_  Overview-2.png

Thanks. Having a play around. Will see how this set up works. Want to play nice football but successful football.

Will see if I can get some success this way.

Have been trying cleon style and think plenty of people on support work for attacking but still being mindful at back

Finished 2018-19.

Started poorly, and ended up pretty poorly including 2 losses against Man U in the Champions League semis despite controlling both games.

Had a lovely run mid season though, which set us for a fine overall season, so can't be too disappointed. Buying Rulli made us much more solid defensively. 

Icardi heading our way in July, and probably looking for another big summer purchase - probably a reliable defender.

2019.png

Brought in Laporte, steady so but but only 4 games in so will give him time.  Replaced Lovren who wouldn't sign a new contact because I rejected a bid for him.

just as I thought I was happy with my defence Barca moved for sakho offered a poor fee which I rejected. Surprise surprise he is now unhappy because I rejected the bid!! 

Will see how this pans out.....

didnt sign a new striker as both origi and sturridge were immense last season, both started poorly now and I'm beginning to regret that decision!!!

21 minutes ago, Siven said:

Start of the 3rd season and Grujic couldnt get a work permit so it looks like i'll have to loan him out or sell him.

Shame as hes pretty good.

I think Serbia join the EU in 2020 ish don't they.  If so you should be ok then (depending on what kind of Brexit you get)!!

3 minutes ago, Sloken said:

Brexit can kiss my fat white ass. Its impossible to sign players at all! Have found many many regens, but cant signal them do to workpermit issues. FML!

I got lucky and got the soft Brexit fortunately but it's ruining games.

Archived