FM17: Liverpool FC - Heavy Metal Football

cezar.sl

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im starting the second season and need some help. Firminho, how do you get him to perform, he got excellent stats but he goes totally missing, i have played him everywhere up front but he can be invisible for 10 games stretches. I played him where he prefer and he got great stats but he pure garbage frankly, any ideas what to do with him and why he doesnt perform? i have been on his back consistantly the second part of the season, to no avail. I like him in real Life so i rather not sell him.

I also looking for a good reliable ballstopping mid, i dont think Can is very good as that frankly, any tips of somone that can do that job for about max 30 mill?

11 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

Im starting the second season and need some help. Firminho, how do you get him to perform, he got excellent stats but he goes totally missing, i have played him everywhere up front but he can be invisible for 10 games stretches. I played him where he prefer and he got great stats but he pure garbage frankly, any ideas what to do with him and why he doesnt perform? i have been on his back consistantly the second part of the season, to no avail. I like him in real Life so i rather not sell him.

I also looking for a good reliable ballstopping mid, i dont think Can is very good as that frankly, any tips of somone that can do that job for about max 30 mill?

I could never get Firminho to perform unfortunately so I shipped him out. Thiago Maia is my DM and he's been phenomenal. Picked him up for 13 mil at the start of the game so dunno what he would cost in the second season. Diawara from Napoli looks good as well or Bazoer although he's more of a DLP. 

Right so one of my goals was just given off side.  The interesting thing is, is that it was and own goal scored by their striker... he was given off side even though he was in his own penalty area scoring an own goal for me.....I thought maybe one of my players was offside when the ball was hit, but even so surely because it was an own goal it shouldn't be off side.  But the commentary and the little pop up says the opposition player was the one offside....

I'm a little confused at this point.......

All I can say is that the real LFC side are playing terribly, but on the brightside I won the league for the 2nd year running :-)

Won the EFL but lost in the QF of the CL and the 4th rnd of the FA Cup so all in all not a bad season.

Just wish the real LFC could bring home some silverware. Oh well to coin a popular phrase - "There's always next year!"

On 2/3/2017 at 11:07, gmulv said:

Right so one of my goals was just given off side.  The interesting thing is, is that it was and own goal scored by their striker... he was given off side even though he was in his own penalty area scoring an own goal for me.....I thought maybe one of my players was offside when the ball was hit, but even so surely because it was an own goal it shouldn't be off side.  But the commentary and the little pop up says the opposition player was the one offside....

I'm a little confused at this point.......

Post it in the bugs forum.

11 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Hi all Liverpool Managers

Is Danny Ings worth £6.25M to me? - bid fee for QPR

Is he worth it / does he turn out well in the game ?

thx

I personally like him.  Plays well when he gets a game... I do generally sell him off but only because I bring in peopel like Dybala/Icardi etc.

I had one season where most of my striker had long term injuries and he got a lot of game time.  Ended up banging in 27 goals for me that season.  I normally sell him for 15-20m, so yes I would say 6.25 is worth a shot!!

In a nutshell he is a solid striker, but not worldclass.

16 hours ago, gmulv said:

I personally like him.  Plays well when he gets a game... I do generally sell him off but only because I bring in peopel like Dybala/Icardi etc.

I had one season where most of my striker had long term injuries and he got a lot of game time.  Ended up banging in 27 goals for me that season.  I normally sell him for 15-20m, so yes I would say 6.25 is worth a shot!!

In a nutshell he is a solid striker, but not worldclass.

Thx Gmulv, I figure that I would probably be able to sell him for more, if it did not work out, but with having only 2.5M atm, it is a risk.

I need to stay in the Prem & I am 15th, Dec with 18 points.

10 hours ago, nextqprmanager said:

Thx Gmulv, I figure that I would probably be able to sell him for more, if it did not work out, but with having only 2.5M atm, it is a risk.

I need to stay in the Prem & I am 15th, Dec with 18 points.

If it helps, he generally signs for Newcastle in my games when I sell him off and he always seems to score well for them....

Just finished my 3rd season.

Finished 1st on 94pts and won the EFL, but knocked out in the QF of CL.

I've just sold Berainho for £15m (£19.5m potential) which is good profit as I bought him for around £3m and he hasn't really played that often for me.

One of my best  acquisitions of last season has to be Wilshere on a free.

So far this transfer window I have bought just Lewis Cook from Bournemouth for £17m.  I wore them down eventually.  In Jan 19 transfer window they wanted somewhere in the £30m+ region, by the summer they had accepted half that amount.  

Has anyone else bought this player?  I've had him on past FMs and he's done alright

HEy guys!

I started my save with Bayern and had nice three seasons there but I needed new challenge and accepted Liverpool's job offer. So it's the start of 4th season, Liverpool had finished last season 8th and have been average in previous two finishing 5th and 7th place.

My prefered formation that I have used with Bayern and will use with Liverpool is 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1. So basically I need 4 CM's for two CM positions. The players I have in Liverppol for this positions are Pepelu, Henderson, Ajer and Grujic. So my dilemma is do I buy one new player ( I have Lewis Cook as no1 target in this case) or do I stick with this guys? Henderson is for sure in the first team but this trio of Pepelu,Grujic and Ajer..I don't know are they good enough, should I force and play Pepelu who is 4.5stars potential? Is Grujic good enough?

What do you think?

On 2/9/2017 at 19:40, Plastic_Road said:

Just finished my 3rd season.

Finished 1st on 94pts and won the EFL, but knocked out in the QF of CL.

I've just sold Berainho for £15m (£19.5m potential) which is good profit as I bought him for around £3m and he hasn't really played that often for me.

One of my best  acquisitions of last season has to be Wilshere on a free.

So far this transfer window I have bought just Lewis Cook from Bournemouth for £17m.  I wore them down eventually.  In Jan 19 transfer window they wanted somewhere in the £30m+ region, by the summer they had accepted half that amount.  

Has anyone else bought this player?  I've had him on past FMs and he's done alright

I have Cook in my save, but he's just for cover.

However, he's been brilliant since day one in my Bournemouth save.

9 hours ago, luka_ said:

HEy guys!

I started my save with Bayern and had nice three seasons there but I needed new challenge and accepted Liverpool's job offer. So it's the start of 4th season, Liverpool had finished last season 8th and have been average in previous two finishing 5th and 7th place.

My prefered formation that I have used with Bayern and will use with Liverpool is 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1. So basically I need 4 CM's for two CM positions. The players I have in Liverppol for this positions are Pepelu, Henderson, Ajer and Grujic. So my dilemma is do I buy one new player ( I have Lewis Cook as no1 target in this case) or do I stick with this guys? Henderson is for sure in the first team but this trio of Pepelu,Grujic and Ajer..I don't know are they good enough, should I force and play Pepelu who is 4.5stars potential? Is Grujic good enough?

What do you think?

Grujic is good enough. I have him as a CM in my save! 3rd season and he's averaging 7.38

SK

WB CD CD WB

BWM 

BBM BBM

AP

F9 CF

Donnarumma/Svilar

Clyne/Flannagan/Bernat

Vallejo/Riedawald/Matip

Dier/Kimmch/Henderson/Sanches/Brannagan/Lemar

Coutinho/Pulsic/Ladiera/Sterling/Muniain/Malcom

Berahino/Origi/Woodburn/Mosqerua

Not included Regens. 

2021/22 Season

How are people getting Coutinho to actually perform? I'm about halfway through my first season, playing a 4-2-3-1 and the guy is a complete passenger no matter where I play him, consistently average 6.8 performances. I've tried him behind the striker and on the left as IF-S and AP-S, nothing.

3 hours ago, bar333 said:

How are people getting Coutinho to actually perform? I'm about halfway through my first season, playing a 4-2-3-1 and the guy is a complete passenger no matter where I play him, consistently average 6.8 performances. I've tried him behind the striker and on the left as IF-S and AP-S, nothing.

I know this is said a lot, but it is your tactics.

Play him as AML - IF, but the rest is your tactics, he averages 7.2 in my save.

Play narrow and exploit both flanks.

7 hours ago, eastley said:

I know this is said a lot, but it is your tactics.

Play him as AML - IF, but the rest is your tactics, he averages 7.2 in my save.

Play narrow and exploit both flanks.

DBB18796B06289FF4025088668E1E3DD164F196A

This is my tactic, frankly it's a slight variation of the same tactic I've been using with Liverpool since about FM15, and it's been working out okay. Coutinho is usually in Lallana's position on the left, with PI's to Sit Narrow and Dribble More (the latter is a new one, I'm just trying anything). As I said, tried him as IF and no. 10 as well. Width is one of those TI's I haven't really used because I don't fully understand what it does.

2 hours ago, bar333 said:

This is my tactic, frankly it's a slight variation of the same tactic I've been using with Liverpool since about FM15, and it's been working out okay. Coutinho is usually in Lallana's position on the left, with PI's to Sit Narrow and Dribble More (the latter is a new one, I'm just trying anything). As I said, tried him as IF and no. 10 as well. Width is one of those TI's I haven't really used because I don't fully understand what it does.

Play as narrow as possible, use both flanks. Play him as IF-S..

See how that goes.

3 hours ago, eastley said:

Play as narrow as possible, use both flanks. Play him as IF-S..

See how that goes.

Nah, tried it. He's just utter **** no matter what I do, recent form in last 5 games is 6.6 rating. I almost never see him involved with anything during the match, when I play Lallana or Wijnaldum in that position they're scoring and assisting for fun.

I think I'll sell him in the summer if I can get 40-50 million for him.

3 hours ago, bar333 said:

Nah, tried it. He's just utter **** no matter what I do, recent form in last 5 games is 6.6 rating. I almost never see him involved with anything during the match, when I play Lallana or Wijnaldum in that position they're scoring and assisting for fun.

I think I'll sell him in the summer if I can get 40-50 million for him.

I've got him playing very well, Firminho on the other hand is utter **** for me!

Just now, Davey Boy said:

Is it not possible to keep hold of Marko Grujic due to the brexit thing? he is now in his final year and do i cash in on him now or is there a chance i can get him a work permit?

I've not had brexit yet.  I'm in July 2019, when roughly does it happen?

I'd sell him.

Well im in 2019 myself but i have offered him a contract mid last season and this pre season and he was denied a work permit twice and now 1 season left in his contract im torn if i should wait or sell him. He's a good player i don't want to sell him.

Struggling to get going this year. Started a blog over on the Careers Thread (The Anxiety Diaries) which was supposed to be my first ever one-shot save but I've just rage quit for the 3rd time.

Getting mentally tied up on tactics. I'm a Rafa man at heart so I like a 4231 but what to do with our prize assets? I've got nothing out of Firmino, Sturridge is hit and miss, Coutinho blows hot and cold and Can is pretty ordinary in the CM strata.

I could switch to 433 I suppose but I'm not a great fan of it. I like a player in the AMC slot but I can't seem to find consistently good performances from players who you would expect to do the business.

Also struggling with a balance between wanting to sign people (because, you know, it's FM) and wanting to take a risk and develop from within. I guess I don't trust myself to bring them through right.

Okay, let's dive in again. I'm going to persevere with my 4231 for now;

GK - Mignolet

RB - Clyne (FB Auto)

CB - Matip (CD Def)

CB  - Sakho (CD Def)

LB Moreno (LB Auto)

CM - Henderson (BBM)

CM - Can (DLP Def)

AMR - Mane (W Att)

AMC - Firmino (AM Att)

AML - Coutinho (AP Att)

ST - Sturridge (CF Att)

Attacking - Fluid - Press - Short passing - Quick Tempo

On 19/02/2017 at 09:10, bar333 said:

I play a very similar tactic, however Coutinho is IF-S and Lallana or Wijnaldum play my AMC role. Coutinho has been okay, Mané has been awful for me though, just starting my second season and he didn't score at all in the first. Firmino was average at best as well, managed to sell him to Bayern for £50m!

So thought I'd finally post on here! Been reading for a while haha. I'll post screens of my team and results for last season when I get home later. Just starting my 2nd season now :)

Dybala...just wow.  In January he has got 45 goals so far and 20 assists - broken all kinds of records.  I'm 33 points clear at the top!!  on a 26 game winning streak.  I don't think I have ever achieved anything like this before in all my years of playing.

Can't wait to see his final tally....

31 minutes ago, gmulv said:

Dybala...just wow.  In January he has got 45 goals so far and 20 assists - broken all kinds of records.  I'm 33 points clear at the top!!  on a 26 game winning streak.  I don't think I have ever achieved anything like this before in all my years of playing.

Can't wait to see his final tally....

Please share me your tactic dude! I'm really struggeling to get Liverpool to work this year :(

3 minutes ago, bucket said:

Wow man that's some squad you've got. How much did each transfer cost? I'm trying to get Sessagnon myself but Fulham not playing ball. 

I just tried to get Sessagnon but he decided to sign for City instead :-( and the hurtful thing is they didn't offer any more wages per week than I did!

21 minutes ago, Plastic_Road said:

I just tried to get Sessagnon but he decided to sign for City instead :-( and the hurtful thing is they didn't offer any more wages per week than I did!

You playing as Liverpool yeah? I'm playing as Chelsea but we want the same things right 🤔😊😉. The league and the champs league etc. Currently 2nd season. But really like the look of Sessagnon and Ali but trying to get them to sign for a rival club isn't easy!

2 hours ago, bucket said:

You playing as Liverpool yeah? I'm playing as Chelsea but we want the same things right 🤔😊😉. The league and the champs league etc. Currently 2nd season. But really like the look of Sessagnon and Ali but trying to get them to sign for a rival club isn't easy!

What I find weird, is that you are posting in the Liverpool thread :brock:

so Dybala finished the season with 70 goals!!  40 came in the Premiere league.  He broke all sorts of records in Europe and England!!

Finished the league with 104 points, a huge 33 points ahead of 2nd.  Won every cup so far this season.  Just got FA cup final and Champions League final to play (Watford & Barcelona respectively)

Started playing as Liverpool a couple of weeks ago and finished my second season last night. First season was successful, finished 2nd in the league (having been 4 points clear with a few games to go and then winning none of my last 4...) and won the EFL Cup. Sold Lovren to China in January and bought in Rugani for my only transfer.

Second season was great. Mane went to PSG for bucketloads and I splurged a bit on transfers but it all worked out in the end. Can't quite believe managed to beat Real (who were going for 3rd consecutive win) but we did!

Only real annoyance was losing to Championship Aston Villa in the semi final of the FA cup 3-2 (having been 2-0 up. And them having 3 shots on target). Oh and they beat Southampton in the final too somehow. Not sure what to do with the squad from here as I'm pretty happy mostly. Considering a new keeper as an upgrade on Karius but he's been pretty good for me so I want to be more loyal to him. Maybe just some younger players in and rotate with them unless a big player leaves

English Premier Division_ Overview Stages.png

Liverpool v R. Madrid_ Overview Overview.png

won the FA cup and CL (beat Barca 6-1).   6 trophies this year.  Board have decided to construct Dalgleish Stadium which will be ready in 2022.  76000 capacity.  Only downside is that the club now have no money in the bank!! I really hope they have thought this through!!!

So I get Matip complaining about lack of 1st team football despite him playing all but the last game, so I ignore him and then I get the following message about some players being unhappy, nothing unusual except for one of my players both supports me and Matip talk about sitting on the fence :-)

matip.png

Archived