Special clubs in FM

Hi. I would like to make a list of all the special clubs in FM, clubs that have features hard coded.

My list so far :

- All teams playing in a foreign league

- Atletic Bilbao and their transfer policy

- Oslo City FC, Norwegian 4th division, all the regens they produce come from african countries

- Syrianska, Sweden, produce lots of regens from Syria, Irak

Any other ideas ?

- Oslo City FC, Norwegian 4th division, all the regens they produce come from african countries

Didn't know about it, but checked it in my save (playing for Hammerfest now) and yes, lots of Somalians and other Africans. Seems like a great idea for club/nation game. :thup:

Wellington Phoenix play in the A-League despite being from New Zealand and cannot qualify for continental competitions.

I knew Wellington were from New Zealand but didn't know they couldn't qualify for continental competition. You learn something new everyday .Also FC Vaduz in Switzerland, can't qualify for champions league because there from Liechtenstein .

I knew Wellington were from New Zealand but didn't know they couldn't qualify for continental competition. You learn something new everyday .Also FC Vaduz in Switzerland, can't qualify for champions league because there from Liechtenstein .
Yeah its because they are from the OFC, so AFC won't let them into the Asian Champions League (they have actually been trying to get rid of them all together) and the as they play in an Asian league they have no way of qualifying for the AFC.

There is a team in the Norwegian lower league's called F@rt .Slightly childish but amusing for the obvious reason .Think you may need to find one of those data thingys to get Norwegian lower league's though.

Maybe amusing in English, not so much in Norwegian. It simply means speed.

Lions XII are a Singaporean team who play in the Malaysian super league. Their stadium is in Singapore, and they are only allowed to buy Singaporean players. They are the biggest Singaporean team I believe which means the whole Singapore league is kind of like a feeder league for you. I discovered them whilst playing as Malaysian team ATM.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LionsXII

There is also a team called Young Lions FC (no relation to the above) who do play in the Singaporean league and are very special. They were setup and ran by the Singaporean FA and are only allowed to sign under 23 players. The team contains most of the the Singaporean u-23 squad. The club was created to give young talent experience in the league. The club can also sign u-23s from other countries but expect the players to convert to Singaporean nationality in the future. Unfortunately FM does not mimic this in game and they sign players over the age of 23.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Lions_FC

I can't think off the top of my head if the Moldovan league is in FM. But I remember reading a while ago that FC Sheriff who play in it are actually based in a State that isn't recognised called Transnistria. I know IRL they have been in the CL so they may be in the game too! But they'd be an interesting team to play as because they are based in an area that doesn't officially exist.

Yeovil Town are coded to always be terrible, which is realistic as we are in real life.

On a serious note, A lot of American sports allow Canadian sides to compete and the MLS is no different. Toronto, Montreal & Vancouver being the clubs in question.

On a political note, three professional football clubs from Crimea now compete in the Russian league system, despite them being internationally recognised as Ukrainian.

FC Santa Claus in the Finnish third tier...

That is hilarious - I had heard of them but did not realize that they actually had Santa Claus on their logo. I suppose it makes sense but to actually get the visual for the first time was entertaining.

I can't think off the top of my head if the Moldovan league is in FM. But I remember reading a while ago that FC Sheriff who play in it are actually based in a State that isn't recognised called Transnistria. I know IRL they have been in the CL so they may be in the game too! But they'd be an interesting team to play as because they are based in an area that doesn't officially exist.

The Moldovan league is not playable without using the editor or downloading a file that somebody else has worked on.

What happens if you win the Europa League? ;)

So exactly like Barcelona, only with a lot less money... ;)

Archived