1-2-2-3-3 Tweebier plug and play great results

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Jorgen thank you for your time mate. Unfortunately could not get it to work as IPad does not let you import saved games (fm for) for Football Manager Touch. Thank you all the same!

Will it work for normal Football Manager?

Dear Tweebier,

I gave it a go on my IPad with Real Madrid but results were not good. Then I realised that you have specific PI for each player. There are plenty of people who play FM Touch so I beg you to release these PIs at least in text form. Pleeeeasse! :)

Oke man :) Will post all player instructions tomorrow. Just need some time.

Hi! I like your tactic! I enjoyed it so much that i'm trying on a save where i'm in the Portuguese 3rd division. And what I see in this low league is that my team suffers so many goals from counter-attacks. Like a bunch of them! I dare to say that 90% of the goals that I suffer are from counter-attacks!

I'll update with more info soon! :)

Hi Tweebier,

I unticked the Tackle Harder for the wingbacks and it does wonders for me. I almost halved my yellow cards over 5 games (i know small sample).

Still going strong on top of the league end of january. Home game against Barcelone coming up.

I also tried to change the attacking DLF to a Number 10, becuase it suits griezmann a bit better. Will let you know how it goes.

Here are the player instructions (especially for VicGAx) :)

Sweeper Goalkeeper : shorter passing, distribute quickly

Winback attack right : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, stay wider, shorter passing, shoot less often

Wingback attack left : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, mark tighter, stay wider, shorter passing, shoot less often

Central defender right: closing down sometimes, tackle harder, shorter passing, mark tighter

Central defender left: closing down sometimes, tackle harder, more direct passing, mark tighter

Deep lying playmaker : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, mark tighter, shorter passing

Roaming playmaker right : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, more direct passing

Roaming playmaker left : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, more direct passing, shoot less often

Poacher : closing down less, tackle harder, shorter passing

Deep lying forward support : closing down much more, mark tighter, tackle harder, move into channels, roam from position, more direct passing

Deep lying forward attack : closing down less, mark tighter, tackle harder, roam from position, more direct passing

I have no idea how my dlf forward on support can close down much more, because i cannot tick that, but it says so in the PI???? Anyone??? Is that a bug?

The roaming playmakers: you can switch the shoot less often: pick the guy who is best at it.

Hi! I like your tactic! I enjoyed it so much that i'm trying on a save where i'm in the Portuguese 3rd division. And what I see in this low league is that my team suffers so many goals from counter-attacks. Like a bunch of them! I dare to say that 90% of the goals that I suffer are from counter-attacks!

I'll update with more info soon! :)

Scout defenders who are good at intercepting and make a lot of key tackles. That helps a lot. Same with the deep lying playmaker, but he should also be good at keypasses.

1006770d1451962778-tactics-differant-forums-%7Baround-world%7D-friendly_-matches-fixtures-results.png

okay, that game was with some very very small reputation team, but even if so... i never ever had result like this before, honestly :). attacking version.

Wow..that is just freaking amazing. My biggest win is 15-0 against an amateur.

Can someone recommend OI's please ? Do they help or not ?

I let my coach or assistant pick the OI. Pich the one who is best with tactics. You can see their different instructions if you tick them.

I always pick one who likes to close down and put players on their weaker foot

I have no idea how my dlf forward on support can close down much more, because i cannot tick that, but it says so in the PI???? Anyone??? Is that a bug?

The roaming playmakers: you can switch the shoot less often: pick the guy who is best at it.

You probably selected that instruction (close down much more) when using another role for the position, or mentality/shape for the tactic. Then when changing to the current settings, the instruction remained. Probably a bug.

If you want, go the your DLF/S player instructions screen, select presets, and save preset. Then go to your DLF/A PI screen, select preset, and load the preset you just saved. Then change his role again to DLF/A, and you will see that the instruction "close down much more" will still be there.

Quick update: Third of the way through the Scottish Premiership and my Hibernian side are 2nd behind Inverness CT by 1pt and curiously 6pts ahead of Celtic (Rangers failed to get promoted through the playoff).

I must say, that this this season has been more difficult than I thought. Both tactics are 100% fluid but I've drawn a few, or even lost games where I've dominated. I've noticed that the opponents have nearly as many shots on goal as I do, although I nearly always dominate possession. Obviously the opponents are slightly better than the Scottish Championship, but most of these Premiership teams I've thrashed in previous Cup fixtures. I've got a few new, much better players, so maybe it's just a bedding in period. I'm actually going to change to the Attacking tactic and see how that goes until Christmas.

Once again I must say the football is great to watch. I usually just have the highlights on the fastest setting & only really take notice of the replays, but in the Celtic game i've just won at Easter Road, I actually slowed the highlights down so I could just watch the football. What a game! We won 3-2 we had 17 shots to Celtics 20, 10 each on target. Our forward play & counter attacking football is just brilliant, The probing passing, sweeping the ball left to right, the little balls in behind the opponents back four and obviously the killer crosses, it's all extremely entertaining. You get the odd game like Man United v Fulham under Moyes – 81 crosses into the box but end up drawing 2-2, but that's football I suppose.

Great work Tweebier!

Here are the player instructions (especially for VicGAx) :)

Sweeper Goalkeeper : shorter passing, distribute quickly

Winback attack right : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, stay wider, shorter passing, shoot less often

Wingback attack left : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, mark tighter, stay wider, shorter passing, shoot less often

Central defender right: closing down sometimes, tackle harder, shorter passing, mark tighter

Central defender left: closing down sometimes, tackle harder, more direct passing, mark tighter

Deep lying playmaker : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, mark tighter, shorter passing

Roaming playmaker right : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, more direct passing

Roaming playmaker left : closing down sometimes, tackle harder, more direct passing, shoot less often

Poacher : closing down less, tackle harder, shorter passing

Deep lying forward support : closing down much more, mark tighter, tackle harder, move into channels, roam from position, more direct passing

Deep lying forward attack : closing down less, mark tighter, tackle harder, roam from position, more direct passing

Thank you mate I really appreciate your taking your time to help me!

Absolutely love this tactic. Won the league and the cup and the only defeat is in the cup rematch when I played with my Under 19's after the great result from the first game.

2ecj1hl.jpg

The new season started pretty fantastic as well, with a win on aggregate against much stronger Red Bull Salzburg. :)

14c6weq.jpg

Hello everyone,

this tactic is amazing but I have an issue with the game most likely. My team always has a streaks of runs. I play in the english level 6 league a lot. The problem I am having is when the team has a run of 8 decisive wins with good scores and then the team has a run of 6-8 draws or losses. What am I doing wrong? Morale is good but the terrible runs just kill me. Make me almost not want to play the game. There will be games where I am up 3-0 and within 20 minutes i will be losing 3-4. Or games that I am up 2-0 and then last 15 minutes of the game the other team scores 2 to draw.

Just wanted to say what a superb tactic this is, won the Scottish Premiership first season with Aberdeen and have started my second season with 8 straight wins.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Hayward, Aberdeen have got some great players for this tactic. I assume your wingbacks are Shinnie & Logan? With McLean, Jack & Flood in the middle? Have you still got Shankland upfront?

Hello everyone,

this tactic is amazing but I have an issue with the game most likely. My team always has a streaks of runs. I play in the english level 6 league a lot. The problem I am having is when the team has a run of 8 decisive wins with good scores and then the team has a run of 6-8 draws or losses. What am I doing wrong? Morale is good but the terrible runs just kill me. Make me almost not want to play the game. There will be games where I am up 3-0 and within 20 minutes i will be losing 3-4. Or games that I am up 2-0 and then last 15 minutes of the game the other team scores 2 to draw.

For me, this seems to happen quite a lot with any tactics whether downloaded or self made. I'm leaning to the fact that the match engine and AI team just convert more chances this year.

Hi Tweebier, I'm going to give this a try with my Wycombe save. I've been doing ok but looking for a tactic to really push me on. I got successive promotions to the Premier League and am now starting my second season in the top flight after finishing 8th last season.

I only mention this because it will be interesting to see how it works with a team picking it up quite far into the game and massively punching above its weight. I actually adopt a similar system to you with marauding wing backs so it should suit my players.

Took over Oldham in League One in 2022. Needed a new style of play and I must admit, this does the business. I was lucky enough that most of the players contracts were running out so I had a bit of a blank canvas in terms of signings (though a very small wage budget). It is IMPERATIVE that you buy players that suit the tactic. Your wingbacks need to be pacy and able to put a cross in. You need good passing and vision across the board but particularly in those DLF's and across the midfield. Fast centre halfs and a keeper with decent 1v1's are also important. Your poacher should be finishing most of these chances so look for finishing, composure, acceleration as priority. Good work, I'll post my results at the end of the season.

Took over Oldham in League One in 2022. Needed a new style of play and I must admit, this does the business. I was lucky enough that most of the players contracts were running out so I had a bit of a blank canvas in terms of signings (though a very small wage budget). It is IMPERATIVE that you buy players that suit the tactic. Your wingbacks need to be pacy and able to put a cross in. You need good passing and vision across the board but particularly in those DLF's and across the midfield. Fast centre halfs and a keeper with decent 1v1's are also important. Your poacher should be finishing most of these chances so look for finishing, composure, acceleration as priority. Good work, I'll post my results at the end of the season.

Agree with you on the player attributes. I noticed that every match my opponent gets at least 2 one on ones with my keeper. In addition it is important to have quick and concentrated defenders because 1 error and its a 1-on-1 again.

Im struggling to find players that fit the DLF role, any tips??

Hi,

What do you think of using this tactic with Sporting Clube de Portugal? a portuguese team that e love and i cant have a good season with it because i cannot win games i mean i win like 3 of 10 games :/ and yes i am a noob playing these type of games i have one more question for you... How can i fill the familiarity bar?

Is the newest tactic still the one in the OP? Then some questions.. who is the main goalscorer? What kind of player do you need for poacher? I mean tall one, small one, etc.

yeah tactic should be the one in OP. The poacher should be your top scorer. Most goals will come from crosses, though you don't really need a big target man, more a quick striker with good acceleration, off the ball and anticipation. Or at least that's what worked for me!

First of all I really love this tactic. Playing San Marino in Serie D using it, it started off great then faded but a few tweeks to the attacking version and BOOM its up and running again.

Changed attacking to overload. RPM's to AP's (A), DLP to BWM (D) and 3 forwards to CF (A).

For me, this seems to happen quite a lot with any tactics whether downloaded or self made. I'm leaning to the fact that the match engine and AI team just convert more chances this year.

I am starting to believe that all the "good tactics" need to have decent players. We cant use these tactics in teams that are in 6th level EPL. I have tried a lot of tactics that are supposed to be winning. This one is so far the best but every season is the same thing. I have a very strong start win 6 games or so and then its draws and loses with a decent finish and a push the last few games.

Hey Hayward, Aberdeen have got some great players for this tactic. I assume your wingbacks are Shinnie & Logan? With McLean, Jack & Flood in the middle? Have you still got Shankland upfront?

Indeed they are :) Also retrained Hayes to be a natural wingback and picked up Ziggy Gordon for the right (on the cheap)

After winning the league and qualifying for the champions league group stages I got a tonne of money so I've picked up some new midfielders as well, Flood got sold.

Shankland is my top scorer at the moment in the poacher role.

Form hasn't been as good this season due to all the games and squad rotation, my first team squad isn't big enough so fitness levels have been an issue. Still on course to retain the title though :)

I am starting to believe that all the "good tactics" need to have decent players. We cant use these tactics in teams that are in 6th level EPL. I have tried a lot of tactics that are supposed to be winning. This one is so far the best but every season is the same thing. I have a very strong start win 6 games or so and then its draws and loses with a decent finish and a push the last few games.

Oh there is no doubt that the correct players definitely help the tactics, its the same with any though. I manage in the Norwegian Tippelaegen, and have decent players for the league, but the issue, that i see anyway, is that the AI teams regardless of your own players convert a higher number of chances over the season regardless of player quality and that is where the issue is. I think it's the match engine that makes AI teams more prolific in terms of goals scored.

Oh there is no doubt that the correct players definitely help the tactics, its the same with any though. I manage in the Norwegian Tippelaegen, and have decent players for the league, but the issue, that i see anyway, is that the AI teams regardless of your own players convert a higher number of chances over the season regardless of player quality and that is where the issue is. I think it's the match engine that makes AI teams more prolific in terms of goals scored.

Yeah. Or the AI learns the tactic. I am playing with Blyth Spartans. My first season I got 17th. My second season with some player additions I made the playoffs but was beat 1-0 away and tied 4-4 at home after leading 0-3. Now this season I lost a few key players because they wanted to play for better teams. My new signings are miserable. I am trying to keep the wages in control so Blyth doesn't lose money and the start is horrific. Out of 8 games I have one win one draw and all losses by multiple scores like 5-1,5-2,5-3 etc. My defense line and players stayed the same I just lost 2 midfielders and 2 strikers. Still I am leaking goals vs teams I should be beating. Again this tactic is awesome but the AI seems to demolish every tactic after a few runs of good games.

Yeah. Or the AI learns the tactic. I am playing with Blyth Spartans. My first season I got 17th. My second season with some player additions I made the playoffs but was beat 1-0 away and tied 4-4 at home after leading 0-3. Now this season I lost a few key players because they wanted to play for better teams. My new signings are miserable. I am trying to keep the wages in control so Blyth doesn't lose money and the start is horrific. Out of 8 games I have one win one draw and all losses by multiple scores like 5-1,5-2,5-3 etc. My defense line and players stayed the same I just lost 2 midfielders and 2 strikers. Still I am leaking goals vs teams I should be beating. Again this tactic is awesome but the AI seems to demolish every tactic after a few runs of good games.
Yes I've found this. In first two test games with Dutch club NAC Breda in Jupiler League & French club Le Havre in Ligue 2, it work very well in the first season and got promoted with both clubs after starting as a unemployed manager and taking both jobs late in the year (2015) where they were both very near bottom of league. And in the second season they both started well but tailed off then started to lose matches like you and drawing matches when in a comfortable lead in the match. Most of times when that happen I got one of my player sent off. In my latest test game I've started with a club from the off, that's with Tasman United in ASB Premiership (New Zealand) they are 2000-1 to win the league, and this time in the first season started well again, when suddenly I start getting players sent off, then start to lose matches when in a commanding position in the match. But only difference this time is in the first season. I was using Control one for Le Havre, Tasman United and attacking one for NAC Breda.

Yes I've found this. In first two test games with Dutch club NAC Breda in Jupiler League & French club Le Havre in Ligue 2, it work very well in the first season and got promoted with both clubs after starting as a unemployed manager and taking both jobs late in the year (2015) where they were both very near bottom of league. And in the second season they both started well but tailed off then started to lose matches like you and drawing matches when in a comfortable lead in the match. Most of times when that happen I got one of my player sent off. In my latest test game I've started with a club from the off, that's with Tasman United in ASB Premiership (New Zealand) they are 2000-1 to win the league, and this time in the first season started well again, when suddenly I start getting players sent off, then start to lose matches when in a commanding position in the match. But only difference this time is in the first season. I was using Control one for Le Havre, Tasman United and attacking one for NAC Breda.

Sheesh prime example of FM match engine giving you one over my last game. I was up 3-1 got 2 red cards they tie I get a penalty in the last minute my striker hits it right in the GK. Game ends in a tie.

Another game leading 4-1 then 4-2 then 4-4 then last minute lose 4-5..This is constant no matter what I do.

This is an unbelievably effective tactic, won 24 out of 30 games with Levanger in the Norway First Division who were initially predicted to be battling relegation for the season.

I would say if you're looking for a more realistic or pretty tactic then this isn't for you as for example, in our last 30 league matches we've scored 32 goals from crosses which is double the other types of assists combined. When attacking it does exploit the weaknesses of the ME, but I'm surprised at how few goals I'm conceding, attack really is the best form of defence this year.

So I finished my first season with Athletic. I used generally control tactic and switch to attack if I got down. Of course Athletic is not world beater but I am quite happy that I overachieved and happy to finish season right after Barça and qualified for CL. The essential point is to have the key attributes rather then familiarity of the role. For me Markel Susaeta is a natural winger with 4 stars had no clue to play wing back. However he had the necessary attributes to play for wing back in this tactic and he finished the season with 7,78 average rating in a position where he had only half stars.

For more defensive stability I unticked tackle harder for my wingbacks.

m1LbLY.jpg

Playing as Chelsea on the iPad, the results are ok not spectacular at all. 3 is the most scored in any game and we seem to be edging results rather than the huge performances found by others.

I do think the ME is screwed though. Every game has one of the teams with very little shots on target scoring with every shot.

Hi Guys

I want to share with you my results with PSV in season 23-24. Because this is a team which I rebuild from scratch, bought only players after extensive scouting. Trained some players for special moves. So I could say that this is a team, that is totally made for my tactic and I am happy about. Took some years, but playing with PSV you do not have the money to go out and buy a whole new squad. It is every year 2-3 good young players, wait untill contracts ends and then make your move etc etc. So you have to be patient and have good scouts :) For the rest it is just looking at their match stats. I scout on interceptions, key tackles, cross ratio,goals in 90 min, key passes etc etc

So here are the preferred moves of my players I trained them for

My Wingbacks are now going forward whenever possible - together they had 95 assists

Roaming playmakers play thoughballs and likes ball to switch to other flank, the deep lying playmaker dictates tempo - midfielders had 32 assists

My poacher Runs with ball often, moves into channels, runs with ball through center - he had 91 goals in 51 matches

The deep lying forward on support moves into channels and plays with back to the goal (not sure if this latter helps a lot)

My central defenders marks opponent tightly

They play amazing football, combinations so beautifull, it is really really good to watch. The opponent has no change what so ever. The continuous switchting ball to the other flank makes them so vulnarable, because my wingbacks stay wider and that makes the pitch too big for them to cover, there is so much space. They run like madman from left to right and back, but are always too late for the cross or throughball.

Here are the results.

l47S4By.jpg

mjUJZ30.jpg

What?!?!?!?! I really have to test this!!!!

Is there anything else to know except for the things in the OP?

Hi Guys

I want to share with you my results with PSV in season 23-24. Because this is a team which I rebuild from scratch, bought only players after extensive scouting. Trained some players for special moves. So I could say that this is a team, that is totally made for my tactic and I am happy about. Took some years, but playing with PSV you do not have the money to go out and buy a whole new squad. It is every year 2-3 good young players, wait untill contracts ends and then make your move etc etc. So you have to be patient and have good scouts :) For the rest it is just looking at their match stats. I scout on interceptions, key tackles, cross ratio,goals in 90 min, key passes etc etc

So here are the preferred moves of my players I trained them for

My Wingbacks are now going forward whenever possible - together they had 95 assists

Roaming playmakers play thoughballs and likes ball to switch to other flank, the deep lying playmaker dictates tempo - midfielders had 32 assists

My poacher Runs with ball often, moves into channels, runs with ball through center - he had 91 goals in 51 matches

The deep lying forward on support moves into channels and plays with back to the goal (not sure if this latter helps a lot)

My central defenders marks opponent tightly

They play amazing football, combinations so beautifull, it is really really good to watch. The opponent has no change what so ever. The continuous switchting ball to the other flank makes them so vulnarable, because my wingbacks stay wider and that makes the pitch too big for them to cover, there is so much space. They run like madman from left to right and back, but are always too late for the cross or throughball.

Here are the results.

l47S4By.jpg

mjUJZ30.jpg

How the player and the how many of goals scored in season?

So I just think fm16 engine is ridiculous. I have tried other tactics and decided to try suk sam tactic. Same thing no matter what team I play in lower leagues and any "winning" tactic I play. Start well then some loses some draws some wins then bam losing streak for the next 10 games. This tactic any other tactic same thing. It kind of makes you want to give up.

So I just think fm16 engine is ridiculous. I have tried other tactics and decided to try suk sam tactic. Same thing no matter what team I play in lower leagues and any "winning" tactic I play. Start well then some loses some draws some wins then bam losing streak for the next 10 games. This tactic any other tactic same thing. It kind of makes you want to give up.

FM2016 is super hard for me too, certainly not a casual game :-( but this tactic is very good actually, but you need decent players in key positions to get it work: wingbacks (fast + good passing/crossing), RPMs then decent poacher (fast + good finishing). Otherwise it won't work. That's why this tactic is not suited for lower league teams. I tried it with Polish 2nd league team and I got 5 losses in 5 games (after that I quit). Then I tried it with Bournemouth (media prediction: 20th in Premier League) and I finished 7th (without any transfers made, just auto-pilot) behind Chelsea, Arsenal, Mancity, Tottenham and 1-2 points behind Liverpool, Man Utd.

Archived