Best young english talent

Mihalis

We usually have great Scandinavian, and now Egyptian talent on these threads. I was wondering if anybody like me had some good young English talent they could recommend.

Ive started a Spurs save and im trying to continue the good work by Potts and bring in young English players, Ive earmarked Lewis Cook as a potential signing and also looking at Bentley from Southend as a potentian back up keeper (after Butland of course)

Also keeping eye out on Nathaniel Chalobah

Anybody else have a few they can name.

Thanks Guys

I won't bother naming the players from top clubs.. it's easy to spot those (Gribbin, Sinclair and co) , so here are a few from the lower leagues.

Will Hughes

Louis Reed

Josh Vela

Ben Osborn

Andre Dozzell (my favourite young english buy by a country mile)

Byram

Charlie Taylor

Zach Clough

George Cooper

Anastasios Donis (Anglo-Greek)

Ben Garrett

Chris Walton

Woodrow

Josh Brownhill

Jordan Cousins

Dom Iorfa (Usually picks Nigeria as country of choice though)

Mowatt

Kortaney Hause

Teddy Bishop

Demarai Gray

A bit older but :

Michael Keane

Harry Maguire

Afobe

Ben Gibson

Luke Freeman

Andre Gray

Only one that instantly came to mind that Welshace doesn't cover is Lewis Cook. Second Dozzell, 500k compensation at the start of the game is a must. Closely followed by Brownhill and Garrett on frees at the end of season 1.

Hughes usually available for a cut down price towards the end of his injury, especially if Derby aren't doing well.

Only one that instantly came to mind that Welshace doesn't cover is Lewis Cook. Second Dozzell, 500k compensation at the start of the game is a must. Closely followed by Brownhill and Garrett on frees at the end of season 1.

Hughes usually available for a cut down price towards the end of his injury, especially if Derby aren't doing well.

Only missed out Cook because he mentioned he was already on his list in the OP .. as a Leeds fan, i'd never miss him out ;)

Haha I read all the names on your list but only skimmed the OP. :D

Just properly started my Celtic in England save tonight. First thing I did was grab Dozzell, aiming to buy Cook, Bishop and Hughes in Jan as the board seem to happily throw 20M extra funds in Jan.

Obvious name but I found if you bid on Mario Fernandes 9 times out of 10 Arsenal will follow you in, that puts Chambers 3rd choice behind M.Fernandes and Bellerin and he tends to be transfer listed within 6 months.

Anyone used much of Zach Clough? Just signed him for United in the 3rd season after being impressed with his all-round stats. Had started the 3rd season with a bang for Villa scoring 6 in 4 and on debut for me has added 2 more. Scouts suggest he has good potential, he's physically very good, good determination and work rate, and technically he's definitely good enough. Worth a look early in the game if you can develop him yourselves for a few seasons.

I'm playing as Leeds so already have the young English talent of Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt, Sam Byram & Charlie Taylor in the ranks.

English signings I've made so far:

David Bentley - £1.2m

Zach Clough - £7m

Kortney Hause - £9m

Brendan Galloway - £10m

Ryan Nyambe - £3m

Nyambe is a good shout, haven't actually had him yet, but he's always seemingly done well for the AI. Quite interesting youth at blackburn actually, not the best potentially but fairly useful.. worth checking out:

Willem Tomlinson

Nyambe as mentioned

Adam Henley

Callum Hendry

Chilwell I bought off Leicester when he was unhappy, I was in League One and he was a starter for me every game until the Premiership, now rotates with Luke Shaw.

I bought him for £80k (transfer listed as wanted playing time) and an extra £120k in fees. He is good enough for rotation in the Prem now, and will go on to get a lot of appearances for me.

a5a9cb3a4a79eb61b4a0bbc1a422b26f.png

Anderson I got from Peterborough for £600k-ish with clauses up to £1m. Has been an absolute star either as a RPM or BBM. I think he has reached his roof now, I may have just got unlucky with a negative potential, as I believe he might become ebtter on other saves.

08763206d2c9d1985052752e4cf292d3.png

Anyone used much of Zach Clough? Just signed him for United in the 3rd season after being impressed with his all-round stats. Had started the 3rd season with a bang for Villa scoring 6 in 4 and on debut for me has added 2 more. Scouts suggest he has good potential, he's physically very good, good determination and work rate, and technically he's definitely good enough. Worth a look early in the game if you can develop him yourselves for a few seasons.

I've had him for 3 seasons in the Premier League with Barnsley (Season's 4, 5 and 6) and he has been brilliant as a DLF (S). Rotate him with Cauley Woodrow who I signed from Fulham but Clough is the better of the 2 by some distance. Averages about 18 goals and 15 assists a season for my mid table side. Clough just won just first England caps and is currently worth 23m and is being tracked by Spurs and Liverpool although neither has made a bid

I signed Josh Vela at the same time as Clough and he has been fantastic for me as a BWM (S). Just sold him to Man Utd for 17.5m

• 2 weeks later...
I'm playing as Leeds so already have the young English talent of Lewis Cook, Alex Mowatt, Sam Byram & Charlie Taylor in the ranks.

English signings I've made so far:

David Bentley - £1.2m

Zach Clough - £7m

Kortney Hause - £9m

Brendan Galloway - £10m

Ryan Nyambe - £3m

Wouldn't call him young these days :D

Lewis Cook has been absolutely class for my treble winning Saints side. Him and JWP both now regulars for the national side.

Curious when you landed Cook and how much he cost? I've been eying him up with Hull City, though the rivalry there won't help.

Marcus Rashford is quite highly rated on my save

don't know exactly if you mean just English players, or if you will allow Welsh etc.

A628C2FFBE9A363CBE322627717954A6D2C9FAFF

my scouts found this guy.

Good shout, looking good irl too, been training with the senior Wales squad.. brilliant pace and always looking to run at players directly, reminds me a lot of Sturridge.

• 3 weeks later...
I won't bother naming the players from top clubs.. it's easy to spot those (Gribbin, Sinclair and co) , so here are a few from the lower leagues.

Will Hughes

Louis Reed

Josh Vela

Ben Osborn

Andre Dozzell (my favourite young english buy by a country mile)

Byram

Charlie Taylor

Zach Clough

George Cooper

Anastasios Donis (Anglo-Greek)

Ben Garrett

Chris Walton

Woodrow

Josh Brownhill

Jordan Cousins

Dom Iorfa (Usually picks Nigeria as country of choice though)

Mowatt

Kortaney Hause

Teddy Bishop

Demarai Gray

A bit older but :

Michael Keane

Harry Maguire

Afobe

Ben Gibson

Luke Freeman

Andre Gray

As mentioned in this post, there are some good young players at Wolves, which is my current game, but there are a few others to mention (I'm in november of second game season, first in Prem after promotion as champions from Championship, playing a 4-2-3-1)

Dominic Iorfa - First season: 6 goals, 2 assists, ave. rating of 7.24 from 35 apps (plus 2 as sub) (league only). Second season, ave. rating 7.34 from 8 apps (plus 1 sub). Staff will talk him up as a right back, but in reality he's a converted centre back, which is where I play him (left side). Very solid, 6'4" tall and pacey. Home grown and English though picked to play for Nigeria pretty much straight away.

Kortney Hause - First season: 2 goals, 2 assists, 1 PoM, ave. rating 7.15 from 20 starts and 10 as sub. Second season, ave. rating 6.94 from 6 starts and 3 as sub. Again, staff will talk him up as a left back but he's a converted centre back as well! I generally play him on the left side of central defence (rotating with Iorfa, hence why fewer appearances), and sometime as left back. Again, strong, pacey and tall. At start of the game he's in the England youth set up, but with more game time and good coaching could go on to the full squad. Plus he's only 19/20 at game start, so lots of time to develop him.

Benik Afobe - First season: 20 goals, 5 assists, 4 PoM, ave. rating 7.47 from 31 starts and 1 as sub. Second season, 12 goals, 2 assists, 2 PoM, ave. rating of 7.53 from 12 games. Goals include an opening day hattrick away at Swansea and five goals in a 6-0 smashing away at West Brom. PLayed as either a complete forward but recently trying him as an Attacking Forward as he got a bit anonymous in the Prem. English and home grown, but picked DR Congo right at the start of the game.

Conor Coady - Played as a BWM and always gives a solid 7 or higher. Very capable at Championship, and currently doing well in the Prem. Currently valued at £9.5m. Has a tendency to pick up yellow cards though.

Jack Price - An advanced or a deep lying playmaker are his best positions, but I play him as either a DLP or a BWM and he does a solid job in either role. Chips in with the odd goal as well. Very capable at Championship, always dooes a good job in Prem as well when brought in.

Jordan Graham - When I was in the Campionship, he was said to only be good enough for League 2 but I kept him to play him. 2 goals, 5 assists ave. rating 7.02 from 11 starts and 17 apps as sub (overall). In Prem, staff rate him as good enough for League 1, but he has 5 goals, 3 assists, 2 PoM, and ave. rating of 7.76 from 4 starts and 4 apps as sub. Staff do say he has the potential to be a leading player for the club and he's only 21 now, so I'll be keen to see how he progresses. Can play AMR or AML as winger or IF. He is very right footed and can be trained for certain moves should you want to.

Niall Ennis - In real life he's been scouted by Englands top clubs and in the game I've had bids from mid-Prem clubs, and at game start he's only 16. Good stats, best role as DLF though can be trained in a number of other striker roles. Valued at 140k, definitely worth a look if you want to take a chance on some promising English youth. i'm looking forward to his development!

Also, Ethan Ebanks-Landell (CB) might be worth a look. Probably won't be in a Prem winning team, but very capable at centre back or right back.

From experience and because I am a Spurs fan.... Onomah, Milos Vejlovic, Cameron Carter-Vickers have great potential. 2nd season into mine they are shining loan and all 3 are above 3.5* potential. Main one though from the bunch at Spurs is definitely Kyle Walker-Peters (Not Kyle Walker)! Plays left back and right back.... cemented his place at left back second season for me with some great performances. Labelled next Ashley Cole on mine

From experience and because I am a Spurs fan.... Onomah, Milos Vejlovic, Cameron Carter-Vickers have great potential. 2nd season into mine they are shining loan and all 3 are above 3.5* potential. Main one though from the bunch at Spurs is definitely Kyle Walker-Peters (Not Kyle Walker)! Plays left back and right back.... cemented his place at left back second season for me with some great performances. Labelled next Ashley Cole on mine

Off to Chelsea then ;)

• 1 month later...

Aaron Kuhl at Reading looks like he could be quite a prospect (MC - adept in a roaming playmaker role). He's on loan at Dundee Utd first season so you'd have to wait until 2016 before buying.

As mentioned above, Iorfa and Hause are great players on this year's game. I'm playing Iorfa at RB currently and he's averaging 7.64 in the league, although long-term I plan on moving him back into the middle of defence. Hause has rotated at CB but is still averaging 7.5 and is progressing nicely.

I've tied Iorfa down to a new deal on about £12k a week but it had to include a £10m buy-out clause for higher division clubs. I'll look at removing that when I get into the PL as he could end up being worth a lot more!

As mentioned above, Iorfa and Hause are great players on this year's game. I'm playing Iorfa at RB currently and he's averaging 7.64 in the league, although long-term I plan on moving him back into the middle of defence. Hause has rotated at CB but is still averaging 7.5 and is progressing nicely.

I've tied Iorfa down to a new deal on about £12k a week but it had to include a £10m buy-out clause for higher division clubs. I'll look at removing that when I get into the PL as he could end up being worth a lot more!

I'm currently in the 4th game season in my Wolves save, my third in the premiership, and both are doing quite well for their age. Neither are world beaters and never will be, but both are solid. I've also rotated Hause at CB as well as a few games at LB when I had injuries. I played Iorfa mainly at CB but now rotating him at RB and he's playing very well, so will probably play him tehre more often. But definitely get that minimum fee clause taken out , I've had Dortmund and a few other German and italian clubs offer around £10m for him and he's valued at nearer £18m currently.

I'm currently in the 4th game season in my Wolves save, my third in the premiership, and both are doing quite well for their age. Neither are world beaters and never will be, but both are solid. I've also rotated Hause at CB as well as a few games at LB when I had injuries. I played Iorfa mainly at CB but now rotating him at RB and he's playing very well, so will probably play him tehre more often. But definitely get that minimum fee clause taken out , I've had Dortmund and a few other German and italian clubs offer around £10m for him and he's valued at nearer £18m currently.

I desperately want Iorfa but he's not interested into coming to my Cardiff team, as Wolves got promoted with me and I can't afford him anyway. If I manage to sign him one day, he will be going straight into the right back position. I believe that's his position looking at his stats.

I desperately want Iorfa but he's not interested into coming to my Cardiff team, as Wolves got promoted with me and I can't afford him anyway. If I manage to sign him one day, he will be going straight into the right back position. I believe that's his position looking at his stats.

Long-term in real life he'll become a CB (whether that's with Wolves or not), however in the game his stats do appear more suited to the RB role.

I've had a look through the list Welshace put up earlier and added a good few of them to my shortlist :thup:

• 2 weeks later...
Marcus Rashford is quite highly rated on my save

don't know exactly if you mean just English players, or if you will allow Welsh etc.

A628C2FFBE9A363CBE322627717954A6D2C9FAFF

my scouts found this guy.

I bought him for 20mil+ in January of season 6 or 7 and he scored 17 in 18 for me. He's also pretty good as a winger even though his crossing is only 9 or 10 at that point (can't remember if he is 22 or 23).

I'm slightly biased as an Orient fan but Moses Odubajo is a top winger. I think he tends to end up picking Nigeria over England though. Rashford is awesome... I had him for Orient on FM15. Signed him up when he was released by United aged 19 while I was in the Championship and he went on to score over 100 goals in three seasons and won the Ballon D'Or in consecutive years when I was in the Prem.

I still like Jonny Williams from Palace and Regan Poole who joined United from Newport is a very good centre back. Andre Green from Villa is capable of becoming a top winger if you can keep him fit and tutor him properly to change his personality.

The rest of my list would be:

Mason Holgate

Jay DaSilva (if you train him properly)

Ryan Ledson (on the same save as I had Rashford, also had Ledson who was my captain and all round world beating midfielder. Sensational player)

Harry Wilson

Brandon Barker

Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

I have these lads in my Toon side, about to start season 2020/21:

- Callum Gribbin: this guy is class, I can't believe how easy it was to snap him from United. Awesome, awesome technical attributes and soooo consistent in his performances.

- Lewis Cook: the new Frankie Lampard, as I like to call him, has made his way from a squad status of Reserve to a Key Player in my team. He's everywhere in the middle of the park.

- Jack Butland: we all know him, world class keeper, full stop.

- James Wilson: incredibile pace, great finishing. He doesn't complain if used as a rotation option, so I'm happy to keep him.

- Zach Clough: my main striker with Martial, he's valued almost £30M and wanted by all top clubs in the BPL. Scores for fun with both feet.

- Rolando Aarons: I keep him mainly for clubgrown reasons, but he always amazes me for how good he performs when used.

- Andrew Robertson: he's not English, but still a Brit. Quality left back, nuff said.

Good luck :thup:

I have these lads in my Toon side, about to start season 2020/21:

- Callum Gribbin: this guy is class, I can't believe how easy it was to snap him from United. Awesome, awesome technical attributes and soooo consistent in his performances.

- Lewis Cook: the new Frankie Lampard, as I like to call him, has made his way from a squad status of Reserve to a Key Player in my team. He's everywhere in the middle of the park.

- Jack Butland: we all know him, world class keeper, full stop.

- James Wilson: incredibile pace, great finishing. He doesn't complain if used as a rotation option, so I'm happy to keep him.

- Zach Clough: my main striker with Martial, he's valued almost £30M and wanted by all top clubs in the BPL. Scores for fun with both feet.

- Rolando Aarons: I keep him mainly for clubgrown reasons, but he always amazes me for how good he performs when used.

- Andrew Robertson: he's not English, but still a Brit. Quality left back, nuff said.

Good luck :thup:

Yeah Louis Cook is at Man City in my save and in the England squad. Would like to sign him but he isn't unhappy enough about his relative low number of appearances. Maybe if they sign another big name.

James Bree at Barnsley, 17 year old Right Back. Playing him on attack duty, he's very good, picked up a few assists and man of the match awards. In the last game i played he lobbed the keeper from ridiculous Nayim territory, although the commentary said 'he didn't mean it', I know he did.

Wow, Nayim.. haven't thought about him or that goal for many years... had to google his name to remember him.

Harry Chapman looks a talent in this update in particular..

Ben Morris from Ipswich looks a decent prospect too, although Dozzell from the same team has taken a hit I think.

Ademola Lookman looks brilliant too.

Archived