[FM16] Tactic screen

bdixon

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zwnapt.jpg

<!--pitch/next match-->

<container class="minimisable_container" minimum_width="60" maximum_width="390" hide_on_minimise="true" save_default_state="true">

<container class="vertical_adaptive_container" offset="0" inset="0" gap="5" width="400">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="left,vertical" inset="0"/>

have a play with those.

I'm so lost on all of this so if someone can help I'd greatly appreciate it...

34f19w8.png

Basically, how do I get that pitch screen in the picture above from the Vitrex 2.0 skin into the Base2016 Alternative Skin? What files do I need to copy, and where to?

I realize I'm a noob and it may be frustrating to read this post but if anyone is kind enough to help me I'd be eternally grateful. It'd make my experience of the game so much better. Thanks :)

If someone could create a panel to use in the base dark skin I would pay good money.

Aye, I did it! Base dark skin + this:

68eb60ea76c6cf7ce91cbc0740dd2a47.png

Download - Here - for free. Only now, because it's Christmas. :)

All rights belong to their respective owners and creators.

I imagine this is a bit of a long shot but I don't suppose there's anyway of preventing the icons on the tactics screen from moving slightly as roles and duties change (similar to how it was before FM15). My OCD won't allow me to play certain combinations of roles and duties if it sees two of the shirts overlapping (ridiculous I know) :D

I imagine this is a bit of a long shot but I don't suppose there's anyway of preventing the icons on the tactics screen from moving slightly as roles and duties change (similar to how it was before FM15). My OCD won't allow me to play certain combinations of roles and duties if it sees two of the shirts overlapping (ridiculous I know) :D

You need to add the following code to the code for the each instance of the tactics pitch you wish the icons to use fixed positions:

<boolean id="allow_y_score_adjustment_for_roles" value="false" />

For the tactics screen you will need to edit, 'tactics overview panel.xml' and 'tactics overview panel match.xml' and for the match formation screens you'll need to edit 'match formation panel.xml' and 'match formation small panel.xml'

In each of those files locate the block of code that looks like this (it will be slightly different for each file):

<!-- the pitch-->

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pwtc" navigation_disabled="true" icon_flags="show_name,use_player_kits_back,show_number,show_role_duty_labels">

<boolean id="vertical" value="true"/>

<boolean id="pitch_dont_draw_indicators" value="true"/>

<integer id="pitch_kit_height" value="40"/>

<integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="10"/>

<flags id="pitch_alignment" value="centre_x, top"/>

</widget>

And paste the above line inbetween one of the middle rows like below:

<!-- the pitch-->

<widget class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pwtc" navigation_disabled="true" icon_flags="show_name,use_player_kits_back,show_number,show_role_duty_labels">

</widget>

You need to add the following code to the code for the each instance of the tactics pitch you wish the icons to use fixed positions:

For the tactics screen you will need to edit, 'tactics overview panel.xml' and 'tactics overview panel match.xml' and for the match formation screens you'll need to edit 'match formation panel.xml' and 'match formation small panel.xml'

In each of those files locate the block of code that looks like this (it will be slightly different for each file):

<!-- the pitch-->

</widget>

And paste the above line inbetween one of the middle rows like below:

<!-- the pitch-->

</widget>

Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

Not that I mind the changes to the tactic screen too much, but, is there anyone working on a skin that replicates FM15s tactic screen? The bars and fitness/match fitness circles are okay, but, I did rather like last years once I finally got used to it.

Not that I mind the changes to the tactic screen too much, but, is there anyone working on a skin that replicates FM15s tactic screen? The bars and fitness/match fitness circles are okay, but, I did rather like last years once I finally got used to it.

Read the first page.

Hi, i need some help to solve this, at match preview i have this one Picture 1, and at half time this one Picture 2.

Question: it's possible to have the same view at half time like the one in match preview?

WOMGzsQ.jpg

Picture 1

f9yB6y4.jpg

Picture 2

Thx in advance.

Love it, exactly what I've been looking for, except, is there any way to add names to the shirts or under the shirts?

See picture.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/attachments/football-manager-2016-discussion/1007071d1452088840-tactics-screen-mod-help-screen-shot-2016-01-07-00.44.54.png

Love it, exactly what I've been looking for, except, is there any way to add names to the shirts or under the shirts?

The names are there, just click on "Show Extra Player Information" button, which is found in the upper left corner of the tactics board. See this.

I tried to download this but unsuccessfully. Could you please try to upload it somewhere else like mediafire? Thanks

Links work perfectly. Be sure you click on the blue hyperlink "Download through your browser".

• 2 weeks later...

So as a quick example I replaced the FM16 box graphics with the FM15 shirt graphics:

fm16_tactics_graphic.png

Which isn't perfect but at least shows you can change the images, however without full access to the game files I'm not sure if it's possible to adjust how the other items appear or if you can change the outline.

DUDE!!!!! Do you have a file i could drop in to get this style?!

• 2 weeks later...

I have one problem, I am using 1280x1024 RES so I hade to make some changes so it would fit. I've made changes in "tactics icon info panel overview" panel and it looks good, the problem is that it didn't changed anything in the tactic screen when I am in a match.

What do I need to do so the changes I've made would work on the tactics panel inside of a match?

Edited:

Never mind, Found it. I've made some few moddifications in the "tactics overview panel match" panel.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently using Helvetica lite skin.

Is there a way to have kits from Vitrex?

I have dnloaded Vitrex skin and in Vitrex mods folder, I found tactics overview panel, tactics icon info panel and tactics icon info panel overview xmls.

I've copied them in Helvetica's panels folder, but I don't get kits from Vitrex, I get squares :/

Any help?

Thanks

I'm currently using Helvetica lite skin.

Is there a way to have kits from Vitrex?

I have dnloaded Vitrex skin and in Vitrex mods folder, I found tactics overview panel, tactics icon info panel and tactics icon info panel overview xmls.

I've copied them in Helvetica's panels folder, but I don't get kits from Vitrex, I get squares :/

Any help?

Thanks

read the 1st page from about post 30

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this, i like a lot! I tryed to port this tactics view to YACS2 skin, seems to work nice but i have some small problems

c26002472253593.jpg 5d1377472253616.jpg I can't see player names and i can't see captain armband. How can i solve this? Thanks in advance ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am able to successfully import the tactics screen in the YACS skin but there is a significant lag when working in tactics screen. When I try to move my players around the game freezes for 3 to 5 seconds every time I try to change something. This only happens when I try to have shirts instead of boxes. On every other skin however, it seems to work just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I copied some panels (tactic icon info panel, tactic icon info panel overwiev,tactics overview panel, tactics overview panel match) from g2 fmskin. Everything is fine, except tactic screen.

I need to reduce size of the pitch. Does anyone now how?

f4fc3d1872e79d70de378b805e63a9b8.png

And in match I can't see player roles in tactics. (Do you see this thin blue line, need to be bigger.)

6a6381ef4f0a28ddc6abb57d89d0b99d.png

Number one is done! Thanks mate.

But #2 is still a problem. :(

138c56657a257d2b018509be637bc899.png

a9d708eb0a70f29fb8fed2edebb8846e.png

I tried to alter this first number in <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" gap="0" offset="0" layout="5, 15, -1, 23"/> but when I enter value 30, I lose role and duty bar. What should I do?

Can you tell me what each of this numbers represent?

NB: About resolution. I'm playing on 15'' laptop monitor, so I'm trying to modify to my conditions (res. 1366 x 768).

Edit:

I found the winning combination.

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" gap="0" offset="0" layout="42, -1, 20"/>

efd2a9f7f686b0f983529cee4490b3e5.png

Is there any chance to get this box for name/duti/role little lower? Shirt numbers are little bit covered?

Done! It's looking good.

5117afecd5a35d026b3f755fb122bb1d.png

Now I have some other issues. Didn't see them yesterday.

Is it just me or this shirts are too small?

eb1ca92fe204777661b91e4496ed0566.png

And this is just f***ed up. :(

108b31e06e3d8748c021b486773eff39.png

The thing is if I change some of the values in lines you have mentioned tactic screen goes wild. In match tactic screen looks fine until match starts (before I click "Start game"). On HT break it looks fine, also.

Will try panels from other skins, see what happens.

Thanks for your help, mate. Your advice was priceless. :cheers:

I played with the panels little bit and this is the latest stats. :)

1. Tactic screen out of game - looking good.

25d836779d7a4a453fea3d7f21aff0d2.png

2. Lineups tactic screen (with both 442 and 4123dm) - looking good.

27f981c48d3b643327da5a0235444e9b.png

3. In game tactic screen with 442 - looking good.

12fa946ce30ad4e86312fe7ae8d3309b.png

4. In game tactic screen with 4-1-2-3dm - not working. :(

ca77f5e9bd0c48883a722018135a9c66.png

If I change anything (have these 3 panels: tactics icon info panel; tactics icon info panel overview panel; tactics overview panel), other screens go wild. Any suggestions?

I took your advice to try with smaller res. skins, so I took some panels from Andromeda, and one from "base dark + TM". This was pretty much messed up. Then I played with values as you gave me the instructions few days before. Slowly I fixed everything, well almost everything. :( Reloading wasn't always necessary.

When I really explored almost every combination in lines you suggested, I decided to ask here again. :D Will try to play with those lines and values.

If I succeed will come here to ask you how to put names down. :D Otherwise, files will be uploaded. Thanks for all your advice and help.

For lineups, it's from Andromeda (some line with text box="black" I just altered the font and removed bold style).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 20.8.2016 at 08:26, FootballManager89 said:

I was able to get the ai's roles shown on the tactic screen but how do I see their mentality and shape along with team instructions?

This - zele? Anyone? Read somewhere it was only possible during the beta, but I don't think the beta is playable anymore? Would be handy to see how certain managers setup in certain situations, especially for the people lacking tactical knowledge + recreating setups of popular managers in FM

Hey guys, couple questions:

1. I have (basic alternative skin + tactics mode) that i downloaded from this forum. How can i change font only for player names on tactic board?
2. How can i get rid of that circle green indicator for every player which is also located on the board?

Thx.

Archived