Thread for the Champions of England - 2015/2016 season

el sid

Are they? Or it only seems that way because we lost? Imo if we had Costa available today, it would have been 2-0 or 3-1 easily. And no one would have mentioned problems with the squad. This is the team that won the league last season, bar Costa. We played badly and that's it, no excuses. I still think we will win it this year again, without significant signings.

Short a creative midfielder imo, the team's form dropped off so badly when Fabregas did last season, and every indication suggests the same will happen this time too.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they? Or it only seems that way because we lost? Imo if we had Costa available today, it would have been 2-0 or 3-1 easily. And no one would have mentioned problems with the squad. This is the team that won the league last season, bar Costa. We played badly and that's it, no excuses. I still think we will win it this year again, without significant signings.

:D

What if Arsenal had their star player available?

You would have created 2-3 chances more which Courtois would have saved :D

No seriously, I have no idea. I just feel Falcao, and Remy especially, were not good enough today, and that CF position is one that made the difference today, for Chelsea.

Evening all, sorry if this sounds like a plug but thought you might be interested in this...

Basically, one of my mates has got himself incredibly fit, and in a couple of weeks time he is doing the Arch to Arc challenge (a ridiculous triathlon where he will be running from Marble Arch to Dover, swimming the Channel and then cycling to the Arc de Triomphe).

In training for this, in February he ran between all the London football league teams, starting out in Wimbledon and finishing at Stamford Bridge. Fred is a big Chelsea fan, and the club gave him a ball signed by every member of the first team squad last season.

He's auctioning this for Macmillan Cancer at the moment on eBay - if any of you would be interested in bidding on it, or want to share it with other Chelsea fans, then he and they would really appreciate it.

Link below (for this and for his fundraising page in general):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321821419308?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/FIronA2A

Thanks!

When is Costa back?

hi guys, hope you are all well.

I'm trying to source a couple of tickets for a Chelsea home game for a friends birthday, she's a massive fan and I know I'd enter her good books (and maybe something else amirite!!!) if I could sort this out for her.

But seriously, if anyone could help me out would be massively appreciated!

Thanks x

At least we might do some ****ing business now, this has been shockingly bad

Yeah this, have a great season thanks to getting business done early and having new signings bed in quickly, then follow it up by doing **** all except a back up keeper and a vanity project for the manager. ****ing pathetic

Fabregas a complete waste of time in these games too

I don't mind Cesc behind the striker in these games, but to do that we need a proper partner for Matic behind him, and we still don't have one. And when Cesc isn't playing well, we have literally nobody who can replace him.

We also just need to sometimes actually take some ****ing initiative, we get into so many bloody good positions and don't shoot or try the final pass or put a cross over. It's so frustrating. We always want that next touch, we have nobody in the team who likes to take an early shot, so we're incredibly predictable.

The best partner for Matic (who I honestly can't remember having a good game since we got battered by Spurs) in this type of game is Zouma (imagine having a manager who would give Loftus-Cheek a shot in an important game), and that says a lot about our bollocks midfield options

EDIT: ****ing West Brom away next. Perfect.

I don't mind Cesc behind the striker in these games, but to do that we need a proper partner for Matic behind him, and we still don't have one. And when Cesc isn't playing well, we have literally nobody who can replace him.

We also just need to sometimes actually take some ****ing initiative, we get into so many bloody good positions and don't shoot or try the final pass or put a cross over. It's so frustrating. We always want that next touch, we have nobody in the team who likes to take an early shot, so we're incredibly predictable.

Cesc didnt play no. 10. Its was Hazard, Willan and Ramires behind Costa.

I still have faith in Jose. We had a massive task getting any sort of credible result today given how dodgy our first game of the season was and City thrashed their opponent 3-0 in their first game. We need a couple wins under our belt and everything will come together again.

I have faith in him but the fact is our league win owes at least as much (if not more) to the deficiencies of our rivals than to how good we were; if the problems with our squad are obvious to someone like me then the club should certainly be able to see them - Zouma is our 3rd best CM ffs :D, to not strengthen before the season starts is ****ing stupidity. We started brilliantly last time around largely because we got our business done quickly, which we very much haven't this time around.

He doesn't help himself by so frequently bringing unnecessary **** to the club, I can't think of much worse preparation for a big game than the bollocks that's been surrounding the club this week. That sort of nonsense can only be tolerated when he's winning.

I have faith in him but the fact is our league win owes at least as much (if not more) to the deficiencies of our rivals than to how good we were; if the problems with our squad are obvious to someone like me then the club should certainly be able to see them - Zouma is our 3rd best CM ffs :D, to not strengthen before the season starts is ****ing stupidity. We started brilliantly last time around largely because we got our business done quickly, which we very much haven't this time around.

He doesn't help himself by so frequently bringing unnecessary **** to the club, I can't think of much worse preparation for a big game than the bollocks that's been surrounding the club this week. That sort of nonsense can only be tolerated when he's winning.

Good post...agree with thst.

Do you honestly believe the club doesnt know what should or shouldnt be done?

Outsiders always seem to know best. Gee, wonder why they arent paid to run things... Maybe there's a plethora of (good) reasons why things have or havent been done? Or lets buy a new CM and then all complain how Mourinho was lying about giving RLC enough opportunities. Fickle lot fans are. Thats why theyre not paid to run things :)

Do you honestly believe the club doesnt know what should or shouldnt be done?

Outsiders always seem to know best. Gee, wonder why they arent paid to run things... Maybe there's a plethora of (good) reasons why things have or havent been done? Or lets buy a new CM and then all complain how Mourinho was lying about giving RLC enough opportunities. Fickle lot fans are. Thats why theyre not paid to run things :)

Not sure it's fickle to say that a crap start to the season possibly could have been avoided?

Mourinho said in one of his first interviews before the season that there wouldn't be much business done because he wanted to show loyalty (or a synonym thereof) to the current group who won the league. In my opinion this was misplaced (if admirable to an extent), we won the league but towards the end of the season we were playing badly, there were clear holes in the squad and at the very best we've stayed the same (someone less charitable might say stagnated) while our rivals have improved, whether through personnel (Arsenal, Utd) or simply 'they can't be as bad as they were last season' (City). There aren't many examples of teams who have retained the title without some form of improvement.

Of course I don't know as much as the people in charge, and I'd never say I do, but it's equally wrong to assume they're infallible - the Summer 2010 window was a disaster and we had a significantly worse season following it culminating in an excellent manager losing his job, something I really don't want a repeat of. Liverpool had a stinker of a window last season, Spurs the year before that, the people in charge there weren't incompetent and didn't know less than the fans but they made poor decisions, I feel whoever's deciding our transfers has made poor decisions this window. Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Game against the rest of the top 6, Everton, Southampton and Swansea

Courtois

Azpilicueta

Zouma

Terry

Rahman

Matic

Loftus-Cheek (Fabregas is a liability, Ramires has completely lost it)

Oscar

Willian

Hazard

Costa

Then against anyone else Fabregas instead of RLC, though I expect Mourinho has significantly different ideas. Ideally the left back would be Ryan Bertrand but oh well.

Archived