Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess Cazorla to replace Arteta as the experienced backup in the squad starting next season. A lot will depend on someone like Wilshere improving to the point he can start more games.

Theo has signed da ting.

Reportedly £140k p/w.

A lot, but I'd rather slightly overpay and keep him than let him leave.

Slightly overpay? That's 50% overpaid.

I hope we have insurance for the times he's out injured.

I will tell that to a West Brom side who had given up before the match had even started.

I actually like Theo, but people seem to basing an awful lot on 4 goals against two terrible sides. We have no idea what state he is in post injury and I still can't quite work out where Theo fits in. Unless Wenger has completely given up on the idea of us keeping the ball.

don't worry, there are plenty of games in a season, plenty of different kind of opponents, other players' injuries and suspensions. A fit and good Theo can fit in no doubt, as good players always mix well in general. Then again will we see him at that level? Let's hope so. And hope he's given the time and patience to get there.

Dan Crowley signed on loan for us. What have we got here then?

A right footed Wilshere. Very skillful, great dribbler and likes playing 1-2's.

He's arguably our greatest prospect along with new superstar Jeff.

Probably because while he is training with the first team, he would only be playing U21 football and Wenger obviously feels it is vital he gets competitive football under his belt regularly. Will be interesting to see how he does. Has struggled with his 3 loans before where I don't think he scored a goal at any of them.

Yeah, Ramsey out wide, Theo up front. I just can't get behind this system.

Looking at our bench - the options were limited really. No Alexis, Welbeck, Wilshere, Rosicky - think it's sensible; start in a more familiar system and do tweaks later. We spent first part of last season struggling due to lack of familiarity.

We are still a forward and midfielder away I feel.

Theo utterly anonymous. Giroud good but lacked the pace to trouble Chelsea too much, especially on the counter. Coquelin was probably our worst player today, if Fabregas had better delivery we'd have been in trouble with all the cheap free kicks he conceded.

Per and Kos were absolutely fantastic though.

Archived