FM15: Manchester United F.C. - I'm loving Angel instead

DavidBeckham

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I genuinely don't know what to do in order to have at least ONE good prospect in my new youth intake.

For the first couple of seasons, Brian McClair was Head of Youth Development, but all that cam through were players with stats as low as a snake's belly. I replaced McClair with Frank Arnesen, who has better knowledge and better stats, but the three season's he's been here, not one decent player has come through. It's pathetic. As much as I enjoy poaching youngsters from other clubs, I would really like a 'thoroughbred'.

I genuinely don't know what to do in order to have at least ONE good prospect in my new youth intake.

For the first couple of seasons, Brian McClair was Head of Youth Development, but all that cam through were players with stats as low as a snake's belly. I replaced McClair with Frank Arnesen, who has better knowledge and better stats, but the three season's he's been here, not one decent player has come through. It's pathetic. As much as I enjoy poaching youngsters from other clubs, I would really like a 'thoroughbred'.

I got a guy (his surname is Tuchel can't remember his 1st name) to be HOYD i get at least 3-4 good qulity youngsters a year. Have one player named Michael Upton he's a right back who looks like he's going to be taking over from Rafael this season......also a young striker named Clive Clennett he's tipped to be the next Wayne Rooney so my plan is to start phasing Rooney out as Wilson and Jovic are top drawer for me and give this guy a few games as backup to aid his development!

What did you guys do with Chicharito when he came back for year two? Contemplating on selling him, not sure how he is in the game.

I played him up front for first half of season despite him being unhappy. He did well, refused to sign a new contract, sold him in Jan to Newcastle. He scored more goals than games he played and Newcastle finished 3rd in the league!

Newcastle are vastly over rated in this game

after some rubbish performances

F7308A456A8FE8ECBF73BAF315AED9484C3F2E46

followed by a 3-2 win against west ham (undeserved 2 goals by them)

101A6C850C13FADA52DAEE72EB893BB4E429ADD7

nice to have Rooney performing again, half of the reason for the poor results previous was Rooney doing naff all

DB460A8BC35AFCE46C6FC65B8CFCD4AF396C2174

he has arrived.

A4507481AD9B523B39189C744D4BFC2387C1F09E

half season report

Hi guys,

I was just started my Man Utd game about 1 week ago, but not doing really well at this moment. (6th in League)

Hence, I was looking possibility to restart the game and look for some guidelines from everyone here.

1. Any good tactics for Man Utd right off the game? I was struggling to choose the best player for each role. It would be good if you could share me yours as base =)

2. Any good signings that could improve our squad right off? Or which players do we need to buy in term of replacing our older players?

3. Do we need to sign any good backroom staff? I was having a big trouble dealing with injuries.

4. Or the injuries is due to my training regime? Need to have some input if possible for training.

Offer ashley young out first day of your save for 15 million..spurs will offer but you will have to pay around 20 thousand wage. Anderson i find 4 mill is the most you will get..just offer him out but reject west ham as they seem to keep offering even though they cant complete the transfer.

Happy Chrostmas chaps

A few questions after reading all of this thread this week

- How to sign Reus? Do you simply offer the contract rather than talk to him?

- how you demote giggs to a bother role - don't want to fork out the £2M to sack him.

- is there a way to ensure your HOYD doesn't overspend other than simply you finalising deals the has set up?

Have seen that the majority go for future stars rather than immediate quality which is good to see !

Never signed Reus so cant help there..i would recommend Rotariu instead..much cheaper and younger plus isnt made of glass :) just sack Giggs..the 2 million is money well spent as he is worse than useless unfortunately. As for the HOYD i just let him find players and i sort the contracts and the like..

- how you demote giggs to a bother role - don't want to fork out the £2M to sack him.

Have seen that the majority go for future stars rather than immediate quality which is good to see !

With Giggs i just offered a new contract and he asked for the Under 18's coach role.

Selling Future Stars:

beprdu3.png

That's crazy - never thought I'd see the day United became a selling club :D

I play with a lone striker so not sure I can justify Falcao's wages as he wont be first choice - anyone know if I terminate the loan how much money I can therefore add to the transfer funds as a result?

Finished my second season ..

won the EPL with 97points (after winning it in the first season with 106p) . Won the FA cup against Man city , Capitcal cup against spurs and Champions league final against real madrid with some luck.

Reloaned Falcao for the third time , signed Rugani on Free and bought Guzan from relegated aston villa to be my second choice behind De Gea .

Thinking about signing Ruben Neves (they ask 34.5m euro) . Rooney will play as box to box player in season 3 , my strikers will be Reus - Falcao - RVP and backup Januzaj - Unal - Wilson and Berahinho.

Hey - not sure if this is the correct place to post but currently playing a Man U save and just finished season two. I've won the PL both years and FA Cup in the 2nd season.

The squad is expanding and I probably need a bit of a cull but when on international duty with Spain, De Gea has broken his leg and is out for 6 months!! I only have Savic left and have never played him after sending him out on loan but seems he can do a job if needed. I'd prefer to bring in a top keeper through, just to play whilst De Gea is out but am seemingly struggling to have bids accepted for anyone I want. I have £21 million to spend and £975,000 available for wages.

Can anyone suggest someone decent?

Play Savic..he can turn out awesome if given game time. Also Johnsone is a perfectly capable keeper if you still have him. Failing that Check out Zeiler...plays in germany and i believe he starts the game with a 7 mill minimum fee..

Thanks - Went for Romero in the end just as a stop gap. He's been doing fine...and anyway the Board claim I lost the dressing room and sacked me!! :(

This from winning seven games from eight in the league so the results were fine.

Does anyone else have problems with De Gea being incredibly leaky in between the sticks?

Just started a new United save and got him to sign a new contract within the first couple of days to ensure he doesn't get lured away by PSG like in my first save. Wasn't too bad about him going though. Bought Jeronimo Rulli as his replacement (Sold Dave for 42.5m and got Rulli for 30 ish). Never had any problems with Rulli, performed consistently and made some incredibly important (and impressive) saves.

Thing is though, I'm a few games into this new save and De gea is letting in so many goals that seem like such simple saves. (Just let in FOUR against West Brom. 3 from crosses/corners) He also seems to play hot potato with the ball as well. Puts a small touch on it after a cross/ first shot and pushes it right into the path of an attacker sitting on the shoulder of my last defender.

Is there something I'm likely to be doing wrong, or anything I can train specifically? (I have him on handling at the minute, currently 16)

I must ask axe, how on earth do you get the money together to buy such world class players? Neymar, Ibra, Bale, Pogba. Developing youth and selling them on for a huge fee?

Nice to see United storming the Prem and to see City in 10th haha

United always get a decent transfer budget and most transfers have 48 month payment plan.To be fair you can buy anyone in FM15, I bid for Aguero too but City didn't want to listen even though I managed to unsettle him.

Ibrahimovich is 35 and on the transfer list so I at first loaned him and then made the deal permanent later.

Been reading this topic for a while so decided to put myself a post together.

Just started a new United save with the aim to concentrate on youth, both playing them and buying-developing-selling for big profits.

Just got to the January transfer deadline day of the first season.

League looks like this so far.

W47BoGR.png

NXpGYsU.png

Pretty shocking pre-season but I'll put that down to the fact I clicked the wrong button and accidentally set Ryan Giggs to take charge of friendlies and couldn't figure out how to change it back. Finally managed to find out how to change it back and set up a friendly against my local team, Hereford, for a bit of a morale booster. Worked out quite nicely actually.

Everything was going swimmingly and then all of a sudden, draws and losses were coming in from all angles. To the most average teams as well. All came from completely avoidable c*ck ups from the CD's and De Gea. We were miles ahead of the pack before we dropped all those points. City were sitting in about 7th at the time, hence Pellegrini got the sack.

I'll tell you now, even though it was only the Capital One Cup, that Qtr final against Liverpool was a blinder. 2-0 down at 65 minutes and then James Wilson got 2 back for us in the last 10 minutes (I know right). Went onto extra time and Coutinho put them ahead once again (112) and in the 115th Skrtel gave away a silly penalty and Di Maria tucked it away nicely. Onto pens and Blind got the winner for us after Johnson missed his. Had my heart rate going even though it's of reduced importance.

Have been quite happy with the transfers so far. I also have Zakaria Bakkali joining on a free in the summer, which I couldn't believe. I terminated Falcao's loan before I did anything else in the save. I just couldn't justify his wages.

iscUQrL.png

How the team has generally shaped up so far. Have chopped and changed the DLP between a few different ones and also tried a few different defence combo's.

Fpj3O6D.png

Januzaj has been the shining star of the team so far. Mata hasn't stood a chance of getting in the team ahead of him. Mata's performances haven't even come close to doing those rating's justice. All I seem to have been getting is low 6's and even some 5.9's. Same story from Rooney and RvP really. Really poor performances in general but seem to get a few goals here and there and that seems to sky rocket their rating. Same could also be said for James Wilson at times, but it's sort of to be expected from an inexperienced 19 year old.

Di maria, Adama Traoré and Youri Tielemans have also impressed me.

nULtHOT.png

U0gVMuG.png

Rooney has thrown a spanner in the works by saying that he wants to move on because he's won everything he can at United. Tried all I could to keep him on (would have liked him to become all time goalscorer etc) but he was having none of it. Suppose really it's not such a bad thing as the finances aren't looking great. The only people to take interest has been Fiorentina. Offered me 7.5m upfront and 17.5 over 48 months (currently valued at 25.5m). I stalled them and because I wasn't paying attention, I spammed the space bar and soon the transfer window had come and gone. Suddenly now the transfer window is shut, 7 teams are interested in him.

Do you guys think Fiorentina's offer is good enough or am I likely to get a better offer if I play him consistently until the summer?

Hopefully will update as things progress.

Been reading this topic for a while so decided to put myself a post together.

Just started a new United save with the aim to concentrate on youth, both playing them and buying-developing-selling for big profits.

Just got to the January transfer deadline day of the first season.

League looks like this so far.

W47BoGR.png

NXpGYsU.png

Pretty shocking pre-season but I'll put that down to the fact I clicked the wrong button and accidentally set Ryan Giggs to take charge of friendlies and couldn't figure out how to change it back. Finally managed to find out how to change it back and set up a friendly against my local team, Hereford, for a bit of a morale booster. Worked out quite nicely actually.

Everything was going swimmingly and then all of a sudden, draws and losses were coming in from all angles. To the most average teams as well. All came from completely avoidable c*ck ups from the CD's and De Gea. We were miles ahead of the pack before we dropped all those points. City were sitting in about 7th at the time, hence Pellegrini got the sack.

I'll tell you now, even though it was only the Capital One Cup, that Qtr final against Liverpool was a blinder. 2-0 down at 65 minutes and then James Wilson got 2 back for us in the last 10 minutes (I know right). Went onto extra time and Coutinho put them ahead once again (112) and in the 115th Skrtel gave away a silly penalty and Di Maria tucked it away nicely. Onto pens and Blind got the winner for us after Johnson missed his. Had my heart rate going even though it's of reduced importance.

Have been quite happy with the transfers so far. I also have Zakaria Bakkali joining on a free in the summer, which I couldn't believe. I terminated Falcao's loan before I did anything else in the save. I just couldn't justify his wages.

iscUQrL.png

How the team has generally shaped up so far. Have chopped and changed the DLP between a few different ones and also tried a few different defence combo's.

Fpj3O6D.png

Januzaj has been the shining star of the team so far. Mata hasn't stood a chance of getting in the team ahead of him. Mata's performances haven't even come close to doing those rating's justice. All I seem to have been getting is low 6's and even some 5.9's. Same story from Rooney and RvP really. Really poor performances in general but seem to get a few goals here and there and that seems to sky rocket their rating. Same could also be said for James Wilson at times, but it's sort of to be expected from an inexperienced 19 year old.

Di maria, Adama Traoré and Youri Tielemans have also impressed me.

nULtHOT.png

U0gVMuG.png

Rooney has thrown a spanner in the works by saying that he wants to move on because he's won everything he can at United. Tried all I could to keep him on (would have liked him to become all time goalscorer etc) but he was having none of it. Suppose really it's not such a bad thing as the finances aren't looking great. The only people to take interest has been Fiorentina. Offered me 7.5m upfront and 17.5 over 48 months (currently valued at 25.5m). I stalled them and because I wasn't paying attention, I spammed the space bar and soon the transfer window had come and gone. Suddenly now the transfer window is shut, 7 teams are interested in him.

Do you guys think Fiorentina's offer is good enough or am I likely to get a better offer if I play him consistently until the summer?

Hopefully will update as things progress.

I went for most of the same guys as you but also for the 2 Norwegian lads at Cardiff - Wolff Eikrem and Moller Daehli plus Pasqual from Fiorentina as LB until Shaw is fit again.

Am still undecided about terminating Falcao's loan as I think I could convert that £250K per week into a transfer budget of at least £10-15M (not sure exactly!!) but it comes down to whether any replacement will be as good - doubtful

.....and that's my quandary so far :)

I went for most of the same guys as you but also for the 2 Norwegian lads at Cardiff - Wolff Eikrem and Moller Daehli plus Pasqual from Fiorentina as LB until Shaw is fit again.

Am still undecided about terminating Falcao's loan as I think I could convert that £250K per week into a transfer budget of at least £10-15M (not sure exactly!!) but it comes down to whether any replacement will be as good - doubtful

.....and that's my quandary so far :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure he was on £275k p/w? I don't know exactly how many weeks the loan lasts for (and I can't be bothered to look it up haha), but call it a full year for ease. 275000*52= £14.3 million

Now it's just a personal preference if you want to spend £14m ish for having him for one year or spend it elsewhere. I see some people having ridiculous success with him and others struggling to get a decent performance out of him. For me on a previous save, he was very hit and miss so I decided he was going for this one.

I missed out on a couple of others too. Ante Coric decided to sign for Arseanal instead (yes I know how to spell it properly, I'm just immature), and Munir signed on for Barcelona.

Cheers guys for your responses

I play a lone striker so can't justify him, Rooney and RVP.

He's back at Monaco now and I bought in Barbosa, Canales, Stanciu, Rotariu, plus a few more kids with the extra funds.

Now for the worst back room staff in living memory .......

Just started my game and im struggling. Was leading 2-0 against everton and they came back in the second half to draw level, led chelsea 3-1 at the break and they came back to win it 4-3, led 4-1 against arse and they came back to draw 4-4.

Kinda frustrating. No matter what i do to stem the comback ie. put on an extra DM, change mentality, pep talk etc. It just doesnt seem to work. Anyone else having problems with this as well?

After pre-season, my tactics are at competent level, not even half. Is is normal?

And yea, my fixtures for the start of the season sucks balls.

Its my own,it relies heavily on good AML/R as they score the goals but you need a good F9 (Rooney) to link it all together.

gcixium.png?1

Simple TI's

kOWm3Or.png?1

Playing philosophies are Standard and Flexible,with PI's "More direct","More risky passes" for DM,CM® and "shoot less often" for AML and F9.

It might not seem like it but it is a patient attacking tactic.

And yes those players can be bought easily if you spread the payments over 48 mths.

Cheaper options who are classy are

Lucas Romero

Gabriel Barbosa

Ruben Neves(not cheap for 18 year old but a definite purchase)

Martin Odergaard(ridiculously cheap at the start of the game)

Eder Balanta

Memphis Depay(goal scoring machine)

Danilo and Alex Sandro(Porto)

Timothy Fosu Mensu(United youth player)

So I was Chelsea in the first season and won the domestic double, United finished 2nd. The United job came up at the end of August/beginning of September in season 2 and I decided to jump ship. They had lost there opening league games. My Chelsea tactic wasn't working which became apparent by December with some up and down results, I changed tactics and finished 2nd while winning the champions league. I've brought in more revenue from sales than money I've spent - yet my job is still only stable and they won't allow me to change the club philosophies until I'm doing a better job.

Is this a glitch or are the United board just a lot harder to please on FM15?

Hiya lads. After watching a popular FM series on youtube where a guy was managing United and making what I personally thought were terrible decisions, I decided to have a go myself.

I've just finished my first season and I personally think it was pretty successful. I committed to using a flat 442 formation, which came with the obvious problems of trying to accommodate Mata and Januzaj. Ended up retraining Mata to play at CM and Januzaj to play RM. I wanted to take United back to the days where a teams main threat of goals was by a strike partnership. With Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao and Wilson at my disposal, I felt if I could get a front-two combining in a tactic then goals should come at ease. They did...

united_league.jpg

In fairness, it's probably the most goals I've ever scored in a League Campaign. Sadly, due to rotation, there weren't any outrageous figures for players, with my top scorer in the league being Falcao on 27. Van Persie chipped in with 15, Januzaj got 15 and Rooney got 12. Rooney also came up with 13 assists in the league, but was topped on the assists charts by a surprise performer. Antonio Valencia, who I unsuccessfully tried to sell for £15 million at the start of the season bagged 20 league assists and also bagged 10 goals. He won English Footballer of the Year with a 7.80 rating in the league. Other notable performers were Di Maria, who only played 18 games due to injury but had a 7.98 rating. Mata also perfomed really well at CM and got a 7.66 rating. No one disappointed though, with everyones average rating being above 7.

The cups were a major downfall for me, as they always are. I tend to use them to give the kids a go and always draw one of the big boys who play their best team. Was knocked out of the FA Cup by Liverpool, who embarrassed my younsters at Anfield with a 6-2 hammering. Surprisingly Reading beat Chelsea in the final. In the Capital One Cup we were knocked out by Hull 1-0 at home. As the youngsters progress, we're more likely to possibly win a cup.

Transfer wise I didn't really sign any big names, but more of the typical names really. I wanted to bring in lots of cheap young players who can be sold for good profits in a couple of years so I can generate funds to sign players of real quality, the likes of Pogba, Bale, Neymar etc.

So firstly, I sold Fletcher, Young, Blackett, Anderson, Lingard and Lindegaard for a combined total of £30.5 million.

Then I brought in Eder Balanta, Lucas Romero, Gaston Gil Romero, Matias Kranevitter, John Stones, Patrick Roberts, Hirving Lozano, Timo Horn, Zakaria Bakkali, Federico Bonazzoli and Pavel Savitskiy for a combined total of £65 million.

Balanta was loaned to Southampton, Romero to Spurs, Gil Romero and Kranevitter to Argentinian clubs, Savitskiy to BMG, Lozano to Sporting and Bakkali to Swansea.

My squad for the season pretty much looked like this..

GK - De Gea, Horn

RB - Rafael, Stones

LB - Shaw, Blind

CB - Jones, Smalling

CB - Evans, Rojo

RM - Valencia, Januzaj

CM - Hererra, Fellaini

CM - Mata, Carrick

LM - Di Maria, Roberts

ST - Rooney, Van Persie

ST - Falcao, Wilson

I now have a lot more players than this for the current season, with lots of players coming back from loans. Sales will be made. My transfer sales plans are to cash in on PSG's interest in Valencia(I've just accepted a £30 million bid), to sell Fellaini(accepted two £13 million bids), plus get rid of Carrick(release) and sell of lots of players who won't make the grade like Nick Powell, Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone, Guillermo Varela etc.

On the buying front, I have just agreed a deal to bring in Memphis Depay for £32 million as back up for Di Maria at LM. I also have just made an offer to buy Vincent Aboubakar for £17.5 million and loan him back to Porto for the season. Luka Jovic will also join in January for a compensation fee.

Will update in a while as to whether I rbing anyone else in, and who goes where on loan. Other than that, bring on the Champions League..

I've been watching that guy on Youtube too, he's a hoot.Buys some very strange players.

Haha, it's one of those things were he was making me cringe the whole time but I couldn't stop watching.

What's the going price for Chicharito? Roma have just offered me £30 million. I'm thinking I should take it?

Sell,crickey i never got anywhere near that amount.He never made his move to Madrid permanent,didn't fit into my system when he came back so there wasn't that much interest in him.Is he playing regularly for you?

MANCHESTER UNITED 2017-18 REVIEW

kv35Xc0.png?1

What a fantastic season, only falling short in the Capital One Cup

PREMIER LEAGUE

3f37gs5.png?1

Won at a canter with about 5 games remaining,scored 115 and conceded 30.

some noteable victories including...

LCNH5ws.png?1

VNu7YTa.png?1

DdSxe9V.png?1

WaPJZqZ.png?1

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE-FIXTURES

x4d2gEb.png?1

The best performances here were over 2 legs against Chelsea where they didn't threaten us at all.The most frustrating score was away to PSG where we managed 26 shots to 6 but still managed to lose the game.

THE FINAL

GNdzZOt.png?1

A fantastic team performance, the most pleasing aspect was how we nullified CR7 who had scored an incredible 19 goals in the competition, he was subbed midway through the second half, even more pleasing was that they changed their normal 4231 setup for 4141.

F.A CUP-FIXTURES

HCOliUy.png?1

Once again Chelsea felt the full force of our attacking threat, they were never in the game and it could/should have been so much more.

THE FINAL

Q3pDP2J.png?1

A one-sided final made to look a little more respectable with Pazzini's finishing and my keepers ability to get don at the near post to often(which is why I have managed to get Courtois from Chelsea for next season)

CAPITAL ONE CUP-FIXTURES

ndXwMQx.png?1

A predictable early exit here as the demands of the board to win the other 3 competitions lead me to not chase this one.

THE HOLY TRINITY

FALSE 9 -NEYMAR

LOzij3b.png?1

Great season for Neymar also filling in at AML when Memphis wasn't playing

AML-INSIDE FORWARD-ATTACK-MEMPHIS DEPAY

0BwcQGi.png?1

This kid is so one dimensional!! Cut inside-shoot,rinse and repeat, but to be fair that is what I want from my AML but once again 20+ goals for the season.

AMR-INSIDE FORWARD SUPPORT-GABRIEL BARBOSA

vtt0cPU.png?1

What a season from Gabriel, also functioning as F9 when Neymar wasn't playing.

OTHER TOP PERFORMERS

7qaLPNM.png?1

Martin Odegaard playing as CM-ATT or RPM

UGrompr.png?1

Paul Pogba also switching between CM-ATT and RPM.

LOOKING AHEAD

Club captain Kevin Strootman has been sold to Chelsea,twice he came to me because he wasn't getting enough football so I too the decision to let him go.

Ruben Neves will be installed as new club Captain as he has made the DM position his own and his mental stats are through the roof.

Phil Jones will continue as Vice-Captain.

Jeronimo Rulli has been placed on the transfer list as I felt he was culpable for at least half a dozen near post howlers.

Thibaut Cortouis has been bought(for some reason he has been no.2 to Csch for 3 seasons which I find absurd.

I will update on other transfers through the summer as I watch the 2018 World Cup.

Archived