Football Manager 2014 - Update 14.3.1 Update FEEDBACK THREAD

4. Too many yellow/red cards, seems i'm guaranteed at least one yellow card every game (no it's not my tactics) and this doesn't happen very often irl.

You're right. There's normally more than one yellow card per team per game in real life. Not really thought that one through I'm afraid.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The biggest issues that I've experienced with this patch and i think derserve to be corrected before FM 15 are:

1. Transfers - buying and selling needs to be way more realistic than it is in the game. (Transfer listing players for £0 and you will sometimes get no offers at all + buying players needs to be easier.

I can offer clubs £150 million for players valued at 30 - 40 million and they still wont be interested (not rival clubs either).

A big part of peoples fun in playing the game is offloading the players you don't want and building your ideal squad. When your getting peanuts for your players or no offers at all then that makes it very difficult for you to sign the players you want.

I think SI have done this on purpose. It was too easy to make money before and what we have now, while not as enjoyable, is closer to reality. I would have suggested that they ease us into it rather than throwing us in at the deep end as they have done, but it's done now and while it will probably be tweaked, this new style of transfer market is not going away, (and I for one am glad). I like it.

2. Too many shots/crosses hitting the woodwork (mainly from crosses in my case).

I think the issue here is not that the woodwork is hit too often, (it is, but only very slightly), but how the woodwork is hit. It's the crosses that hit the woodwork that rile people, (I think). Remove them and you remove the issue, (but then we won't be hitting the woodwork enough).

3. Unrealistic number of offside goals.

Not seeing this at all. In fact if I was asked for a comment on this I would say it was quite the opposite. (Unless of course you mean goals which appear to be offside on the 3d match engine but which were allowed to stand?) Is that what you mean?

4. Too many yellow/red cards, seems i'm guaranteed at least one yellow card every game (no it's not my tactics) and this doesn't happen very often irl.

You are guaranteed one yellow card every game? I can't ever remember going to a competitive game where at least 1 yellow was not shown.

5. Strikers still missing too many one on ones and although it doesn't seem as bad as in the previous patch it still happens too frquently.

No way. The game has been dumbed down enough as it is. There is no problem scoring 1v1's or goals from outside the box, or goals from anywhere. Please tell me you don't need to make it easier to score. :(

6. Full backs seems to let wingers/IF's run past tem too easily and seem helpless to through balls aswell.

Yeah, they do seem to drop to single digit IQ's.

7. Players retiring way too young.

Can't say I have experienced this at all.

Signed Robben on a free at 31 and he retired a week or two later without ever having played a game for me. I've seen other big name players retiring at 32, 33 aswell.

If the reason some of these are retiring is due to injuries then I think that should be taken out of the game. It doesn't happen often irl and I can't see the benefit of it being in the game. I don't think people will get any enjoyment of seeing players retiring at a young ages due to injuries.

I don't agree. I can think of lots of players who have had retired early, (and high profile one's at that).

Dean Ashton 25.

Rob Jones 27.

Nakata 29.

Fabrice Muamba 24.

GK's Baardsen and Supple. (before 25).

Eric Cantona 30.

Curtis Woodhouse 26.

Lionel Morgan is a really famous one for FM players. I think he was only about 21 at the time.

Ledley King 31.

Now these are just one's that i can think of off the top of my head, (and obviously doesn't include those that have died).

If it happens in real life then it should be replicated in the game. :thup:

1. Transfers - buying and selling needs to be way more realistic than it is in the game. (Transfer listing players for £0 and you will sometimes get no offers at all + buying players needs to be easier.

I can offer clubs £150 million for players valued at 30 - 40 million and they still wont be interested (not rival clubs either).

A big part of peoples fun in playing the game is offloading the players you don't want and building your ideal squad. When your getting peanuts for your players or no offers at all then that makes it very difficult for you to sign the players you want.

I think SI have done this on purpose. It was too easy to make money before and what we have now, while not as enjoyable, is closer to reality. I would have suggested that they ease us into it rather than throwing us in at the deep end as they have done, but it's done now and while it will probably be tweaked, this new style of transfer market is not going away, (and I for one am glad). I like it.

Closer to Reality!!! Are you serious!?!?

Not getting offers for Man Utd players listed at £0... Not getting offers accepted for players valued at £30 - £40 million when offering 3 - 4 times as much? Yeeeehhhh that's very realistic you're right.

Where did I say I was having trouble scoring goals???? I said strikers still miss too many one on ones that they would bury irl.

Not getting offers for Man Utd players listed at £0

Which club is going to want a player who will likely be on very high wages, even for nothing, if they don't need to sign him.

Again, you're looking at this from only one angle. I've had a couple of Sunderland saves on this game so far, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't shift Wes Brown, even on a free. Initially you might think there would be a number of Championship clubs who would jump at the chance of someone of his experience, but he's on about 60k a week. The clubs who can afford that certainly won't want him, which leaves clubs that can't afford him. So no-one bids. It's annoying when you're trying to get someone off the wage bill, but it's more realistic than some AI team signing him on a free for about 5k a week. Means you need to be more creative in your squad building, which is a huge improvement as it's far too easy otherwise.

Far too many goals....Italian league as well..normally tighter...I'm seeing 3-6, 7-3, 4-4, 5-3,0-6 and 4 and 5 1s by the bucketload..

Still can't get over an 8-5 Europa League game I seen between Chelsea and Roma...

I have analysed one season of playing in the Italian League and have noticed the AI teams have more favourable conversion rates of ccc's

Teams scoring 4,5,6 regularly with maybe the same ccc's or sometimes even less...

I don't understand when I play these teams I can outpass, outplay and create far more scoring opportunities but my players can't seem to score...

Too many Reserve or youth players coming for a chat to get a loan move..

Too many rejected transfer bids followed by agents asking for improved contract...

Had one 5star PA where I got loads of loan offers which I keep rejecting but finally gave in and loaned him to Norwich where he didnt even get to play one match! Was a valuable first team member in the loan agreement..

This is so true. The amount of goals is crazy. 0-0 result is more rare than 5+ goals in matches.

Also it is quite sad the devs don't pay enough attention to less popular leagues. Polish league fixtures were mentioned in bugs forum several times and they are just as broken as it is possible.

If this is the final patch then it is not what I hoped for with this edition.

Closer to Reality!!! Are you serious!?!?

Not getting offers for Man Utd players listed at £0... Not getting offers accepted for players valued at £30 - £40 million when offering 3 - 4 times as much? Yeeeehhhh that's very realistic you're right.

Let me try and explain why I think it's more realistic.

First of all it's because there is now in FM so much more to signing a player, (in financial terms at least), than paying the club the fee, and agreeing a weekly wage. The game now includes signing on bonus', agents fees and a multitude of add-ons.

As a result, if you have £10M to spend, then out of that £10M has to come the purchase price, the wages for the player over his contract, (because remember that wages and transfer fees come from the same pot now), signing on bonus, agents fees etc etc etc.

So if you buy a player for £5M but you have to give him £1.6M in a signing on fee and the agent wants a £1.2M fee and you offer him a deal on £50k per week, (that's £2,6M per year), well that's you already overspent at £10.4M.

I agree that it's not quite right yet, (I understand that there are issues in Scandinavian leagues where they are unable to sign players on a fee or something, but the financial model that is at the crux of this years release is brilliant.

Part of the problem selling players is that with larger databases there are so many free options available. Why would you throw money away on an expensive sigining? Also of consideration is the wages that will be asked by these "free" Man Utd siginings.

I've never managed Man Utd and my game is in 2026, but let's just have a look anyway.

De Gea. £130k per week = £6.76M per year.

Phil Jones. £130k per week = £6.76M per year.

Nick Powell. £135k per week = £7.02M per year.

Do you see what I mean? It's not that they are being listed for free that's the issue. It's that they will want similar wages. (or better), than you are currently paying them, and they also want a hefty signing on fee too. This money doesn't grow on trees and with FFP now in the game there has to be a balancing somewhere. You can still make money on the transfer market, (I make money most seasons now), but I have had the odd disaster too. For someone to get a good deal, someone also has to get a bad deal.

The AI has just got more I.

Which club is going to want a player who will likely be on very high wages, even for nothing, if they don't need to sign him.

Again, you're looking at this from only one angle. I've had a couple of Sunderland saves on this game so far, and no matter how hard I try, I just can't shift Wes Brown, even on a free. Initially you might think there would be a number of Championship clubs who would jump at the chance of someone of his experience, but he's on about 60k a week. The clubs who can afford that certainly won't want him, which leaves clubs that can't afford him. So no-one bids. It's annoying when you're trying to get someone off the wage bill, but it's more realistic than some AI team signing him on a free for about 5k a week. Means you need to be more creative in your squad building, which is a huge improvement as it's far too easy otherwise.

It just need to be more realistic. I've offered rooney out for £15 million valued at £35 million and no offers.. I've offered young out for £0 + not one offer. are you telling me as poor as young is no one would want him for free??

I'm not saying want it to be easier or harder just realistic.

The examples i've given and read from other posters prove it's just not realistic at all.

It just need to be more realistic. I've offered rooney out for £15 million valued at £35 million and no offers.. I've offered young out for £0 + not one offer. are you telling me as poor as young is no one would want him for free??

I'm not saying want it to be easier or harder just realistic.

The examples i've given and read from other posters prove it's just not realistic at all.

This has been discussed to death in various threads and not just this year either.

A) AI clubs DO NOT make offers unless they feel they have a genuine chance to sign a player.

B) In the first window at the start of a save teams have already spent their budget and more or less finalised their squads.

C) Database size can affect offers received if AI clubs can sign similar players on free transfers.

Lets look at Rooney yet again and at the bigger picture:

Who could he move to? Real, Barca, Bayern, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and maybe PSG.

Thats seven clubs in the gameworld that stand a chance of signing him at the start. Man City, Chelsea & Arsenal are league rivals so are unlikely to bid unless you make it obvious you want to sell and offering him out for nothing is not an instant fix to this. PSG are in a league with a significantly lower league rep which leaves Bayern, Barca & Real.

Can those three clubs afford him? Bayern have a fairly strict wage budget but Barca & Real could afford him.

Do they want him? can they guarantee him first team football? maybe, maybe not but his options are much more limited than you seem to think.

To try and compare this to real life, there are clubs all over the place going to the wall.

When Clough Jr was at Derby, he was tasked with reducing the wage bill by 66%.

I recently found out that Leeds still have a yearly wage bill of £15M. Forgetting what went on in the past with Leeds, (it just boggles the mind), they currently find themselves in exactly the same position that you find yourself in with Man Utd, (except that you are not in danger of going to the wall and can afford to pay the wages without running at a loss). Diouf and someone else have both been listed on a free, (in real life). but as Diouf has just over a year on a £10k per week contract, (that is flippin ridiculous!), then who is going to want to come and take him when they are then going to have to shell out a big signing on fee for the pleasure, (because he knows they are getting him for free). The transfer fee will still effectively be paid. It's just that in this case it will be paid to some scumbag player rather than an owning club.

Seriously Johnny, have you tried to sign many players on free's in the game? Do me a favour and before you comment anymore, go back to the game and have a look for the best player who you can find who is not at a club. Then offer him a trial at Man Utd. Then after he is there, make the initial move to open negotiations to signing him and then add up the cost of the wages he asks for and the bonus payments he wants and then the agent fee. Then consider that this bloke is effective a "Free" transfer. It won't seem very free I can tell you.

This is so true. The amount of goals is crazy. 0-0 result is more rare than 5+ goals in matches.

Also it is quite sad the devs don't pay enough attention to less popular leagues. Polish league fixtures were mentioned in bugs forum several times and they are just as broken as it is possible.

If this is the final patch then it is not what I hoped for with this edition.

Too many goals, naturally means more goals in every game making clean sheets harder to attain..

So I concede a lot more meaning ill have to score a lot more to win a game...which invariably means far more tinkering with tactics trying to get it right..

Too many goals, naturally means more goals in every game making clean sheets harder to attain..

So I concede a lot more meaning ill have to score a lot more to win a game...which invariably means far more tinkering with tactics trying to get it right..

If you're seeing very high scoring games regularly in your save, please create a thread in the bugs forum. SI would probably want to have a look at your save or the pkms to see why it is happening.

This has been discussed to death in various threads and not just this year either.

A) AI clubs DO NOT make offers unless they feel they have a genuine chance to sign a player.

B) In the first window at the start of a save teams have already spent their budget and more or less finalised their squads.

C) Database size can affect offers received if AI clubs can sign similar players on free transfers.

Who could he move to? Real, Barca, Bayern, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal and maybe PSG.

Thats seven clubs in the gameworld that stand a chance of signing him at the start. Man City, Chelsea & Arsenal are league rivals so are unlikely to bid unless you make it obvious you want to sell and offering him out for nothing is not an instant fix to this. PSG are in a league with a significantly lower league rep which leaves Bayern, Barca & Real.

Can those three clubs afford him? Bayern have a fairly strict wage budget but Barca & Real could afford him.

Do they want him? can they guarantee him first team football? maybe, maybe not but his options are much more limited than you seem to think.

I've had offers from rival clubs for players who are not transfer listed so why wouldn't they think they have a chance of getting rooney If i'm offering him to clubs? That doesn't make any sense.

(A)

If Rooney was offered for £15 million who i do i realistically think would go for him and be able to afford his wage bill.

Barcelona

Real Madrid

PSG

Monaco

Bayern

Man City

Chelsea

(B)

Who do i think would gurantee him fist team football?

More or less all of them would..

Look whatever way you try and put it it's not realistic is it.. I'm not expecting bids from the likes of Southampton and hull, who we know wouldn't have a chance of paying his wage bill, i'm talking about the biggest clubs in europe.

Actually if anything it is you that is looking at it from 1 angle.

Regardless of the player and what he is on the player is being offered to every club (or at least he should be according to the message) in the world, while a player is on a high wage there should still be offers when the player is offered for free.

I say offers as maybe teams would come in for him but are only willing to offer half the wages, lets take Wes Brown for example.

He is on 60k, he is not wanted at the club and is getting no football, lets say QPR come in for him but will only pay 30k of the wage, you can then agree to pay his other 30k for the remainder of his contract.

This happens in real life.

Also there are a lot of good players I offer out that do not fit into my tactics, I offer them for 0 and get no offers, these are good players and in real life teams in the world would be interested and for free they would be falling over each other to get them.

The transfer system is flawed and needs some work.

If you're seeing very high scoring games regularly in your save, please create a thread in the bugs forum. SI would probably want to have a look at your save or the pkms to see why it is happening.

Ill do that...ill upload my Italy save as the goals is just madness...

Just started a Liverpool save and noticing similar scores...it really is ruining the game..

Ill do that...ill upload my Italy save as the goals is just madness...

Just started a Liverpool save and noticing similar scores...it really is ruining the game..

Just shout if you need any help. :thup:

I've had offers from rival clubs for players who are not transfer listed so why wouldn't they think they have a chance of getting rooney If i'm offering him to clubs? That doesn't make any sense.

(A)

If Rooney was offered for £15 million who i do i realistically think would go for him and be able to afford his wage bill.

Barcelona

Real Madrid

PSG

Monaco

Bayern

Man City

Chelsea

(B)

Who do i think would gurantee him fist team football?

More or less all of them would..

Look whatever way you try and put it it's not realistic is it.. I'm not expecting bids from the likes of Southampton and hull, who we know wouldn't have a chance of paying his wage bill, i'm talking about the biggest clubs in europe.

Before I say this I am going to admit that I know very little about top European football but.....

Barcelona? Can you really see Rooney improving them? No. Neither can I.

Real. Which of Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo do you drop to play Rooney?

PSG. Aren't they all based around Zlatan? How is he going to feel when Rooney arrives? He will be offski as soon as he can book a ticket.

Monaco. Who?

Bayern. I don't think they could afford his wages without breaking their existing budget.

Man City. No way Jose.

Chelsea. Yeah, they are probably the best bet.

Hunter will you stop deleting my posts. I'm staying on topic (14.3 patch) and givng examples of what imho is wrong with the patch.

Do yourself a favour and read your PM.

Also, the only post of yours I deleted tonight, was the one where you insulted me. The one after that was a decent post where you listed what needs fixing for FM15. After that, there is a post, but you deleted that one yourself. :thup:

Before I say this I am going to admit that I know very little about top European football but.....

Barcelona? Can you really see Rooney improving them? No. Neither can I.

Real. Which of Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo do you drop to play Rooney?

PSG. Aren't they all based around Zlatan? How is he going to feel when Rooney arrives? He will be offski as soon as he can book a ticket.

Monaco. Who?

Bayern. I don't think they could afford his wages without breaking their existing budget.

Man City. No way Jose.

Chelsea. Yeah, they are probably the best bet.

Rooney imo is better than benzema overall even though benzema is in good form at the moment. Rooney could even play behind benzema with ronaldo and bale on the left and right.

Man city no way jose?? you don't think rooney is better than negredo?

Why can't rooney play behind zlatan?

Monaco who?? one of the richest clubs in europe that's who.

Chelsea 100%

Barcelona would be one of the hardest to get into i'd say.

Try thinking before typing next time, your condecending comments are getting tedious.

I have just been sacked after 8 games with Liverpool...I have lost all motivation to continue..

Have you tried creating a thread in the Tactics forum and asking advice in there? If you're getting sacked after only 8 games, something is seriously wrong.

Have you tried creating a thread in the Tactics forum and asking advice in there? If you're getting sacked after only 8 games, something is seriously wrong.

I'm never our of that forum! Ha...

8 games is ridiculous...teams like Fulham scoring with their first two shots...3-1 up against Hull and lost 4-3...

8 games is ridiculous...teams like Fulham scoring with their first two shots...3-1 up against Hull and lost 4-3...

8 games is seriously some sort of record - you must be doing something atrociously wrong.

Whether it's in this thread or in the T&T forum, you need help!

Games like that is where you need to post some details in your threads. Show your starting tactic. Tell them what team talks you used. Show what changes you made and when, if any. The more detail you give, the better the advice will be.

Also, when asking for advice, make sure to know WHY they're advising it so that you understand why you're making the changes you are.

Never been sacked after 8 games but in my last save I was playing as Palermo and had a decent start, I was playing 1st in the league on I think my 7th game, their manager was saying I was in danger of losing my job and I needed to win this game or I would be sacked.

Thought it was very strange, even for any mind games I thought it was strange, anyway beat them I think 4-1 and went top of the league, like I said a very strange comment to be making after 7 games.

Ill gladly upload the save if anyone wants to have a go at the first 10 games and show me a screen shot of how well they have done...

Can control and fluid work together...I did have High possession with shortpassing and some lovely worked goals...

I just can't seem to ever keep clean sheets...4141 became 4411 which then turned into 4231....

This is meant to be a feedback thread so I opened this...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/387397-Need-serious-tactical-help?p=9496564#post9496564

Never been sacked after 8 games but in my last save I was playing as Palermo and had a decent start, I was playing 1st in the league on I think my 7th game, their manager was saying I was in danger of losing my job and I needed to win this game or I would be sacked.

Thought it was very strange, even for any mind games I thought it was strange, anyway beat them I think 4-1 and went top of the league, like I said a very strange comment to be making after 7 games.

If Palermo in-game is anything true to real life, 7 games and then the sack sounds about right. :) The chairman is as mad as a ship's cat.

You're not getting "shafted". This is always how it has worked. If they were to continue to work on FM14, they wouldn't be working on FM15, and that would suffer as a result. I can imagine what the reception would be then. Damned if you do etc.

Agree with you Forameuss. I mean, what would the reaction be like if SI kept working to improve FM14 until May or June. Then people would still complain and rant about SI not being ambitious with future improvements. Let SI do their job :thup:

Rooney imo is better than benzema overall even though benzema is in good form at the moment. Rooney could even play behind benzema with ronaldo and bale on the left and right.

Man city no way jose?? you don't think rooney is better than negredo?

Why can't rooney play behind zlatan?

Monaco who?? one of the richest clubs in europe that's who.

Chelsea 100%

Barcelona would be one of the hardest to get into i'd say.

Try thinking before typing next time, your condecending comments are getting tedious.

a1. rooney isn't any better than benzema in my opinion, you say play behind than who do you drop, he wouldnt be first choice.

a2. Man city have just bought two strikers in the summer and spent alot so it isnt an area they would be looking at.

a3. psg wouldnt be first choice and also in a lesser league.

a4. same as psg

a5. chelsea have spent a lot already in the summer.

This is not a "Rooney is better..." thread - we have understood Johnny Bravo's point, and as long as he has uploaded his issue and save in the bugs forum, it will be looked at to determine if there is an issue or not.

Back to the feedback please guys.

my two pesos regarding 3.0

I don't like penalties: came out victorious 13:12 from a penalty shootout, all scored apart the opponent's last one.

Hitting the bar with a shot ist always spectacular stuff

The rest is very pleasant.

Look, i played FM since CM3 when Christian Vieri and Batistuta were the thing. Every year i stop playing when i get bored. This year's editiong is different. I have to stop playing because it's too frustrating and i don't want to have an heart attack.

I firmly believe this current ME is bugged or scripted. I read most good info you can find on how the ME works and tactical wise. I read through reputable blogs and even CCC magazine. I tried most, if not all, successful tactics on the main FM forums. I tried developing systems from scratch. But nothing worked. Sometimes i win but it is just ridiculous how the same shocking passing keeps happening and the defensive brainfarts. Is it how the game tells you something is wrong? by these stupid mistakes? i lose my mind really.

Even tried cheating by setting morale\fitness\tactic familiarity to MAX but no luck either.

I will do a clean install and do one last careful save game.

Me (Leeds) vs Birmingam, 1st season:

24shots with 3 CCCs against 4 shots no CCCs, result : 1-1 - Ok, same old FM, at least i completely hammered them! it seems i finally got a tactic going!

next game, against Huddersfield who comes from 5 defeats in the last 6 games. I am 2nd only to Blackburn despite being really unsatisfied with my team.

So i get: 8(1) shots and 0 cccs against 19(10) shots with 8!! ccc's, result : 0-2 defeat - I tinkered with d-line, MCs duties, subs, blablabla, no matter what, i couldn't see a decent play for the sake of my life.

This is just one of the constant situations that this FM14 experience brings. If at least we could see what's wrong but hell no, we all need to find the perfect formula every championship game.

It feels like there are way too many hidden factors that affect the match. I just can't understand how a DC that has space, time and the attributes to head a long ball away, decides to ignore it and leave the running striker to receive it and score easily. It keeps happening with or without cover\tight marking\man marking\ no closing down\ all philosophies.

As i said before, i will reinstall the game and hope for a miracle.

Question. Is it normal for a player to injure himself at the first second of the game? yep, Vicente just did for my team.

I had that!

My team kicked off and my striker who passed the ball for the kick off went straight down, out for 2 months.

I have to be honest I did have a good laugh. :D

Archived