Is it time to put the 'S' back into CSE? Interest gauge for a potential sign-up

Hello CSErs!

I've been away from CSE and the forums in general for a few months but I've recently had the unexplainable urge to run a sign-up... I did a couple around FM09/10 time and they were fun. Both were based on two fictional nations in the Caribbean (Northern and Southern Treasure Islands) who played out a great international rivalry with two golden generations made up of sign-up players created by members of this forum.

Here are the links if you weren't around at the time (or if you just want a trip down memory lane ;)):

Cove Bay/STI v Capital City/NTI - The Ultimate Rivalry (FM09)

The Return to Treasure Island - The Ultimate Rivalry Lives Again (FM10)

I had to abandon the second one when I started my MA but that's long since done and I have a long summer break coming up so I could get a long-term sign-up game running.

However, it seems that there are no currently active sign-ups here though and the forum in general seems a little quiet. Do you think there would be enough interest for it to be worth going ahead?

I have a couple of ideas - one very similar to the above ones with two international nations duking it out (though I may go for real minnow naitons rather than trying to create/overwrite nations in the editor); and another in which the created players will all be from the same naiton but competing with each other for individual glory ... More details to come if there is enough interest! :)

The "S" part of this forum has indeed died off completely, the forum as a whole isn't far away either by the looks of it. Would definitely like to see it get back to where it used to be with 5/6 good sign-ups on the go at a time. That seems very unrealistic though.

I'd be interested for sure though.

Yes, there used to be a time when several threads of all kinds were active with posts and updates every time you looked. Now, it's just the main challenges it seems...Well, I'm going to see if any more interest is registered over the weekend before proceeding (one of my ideas could work with as few as 10 or 12 players - the other would require at least 30) And anyone who has expressed an interest so far would be offered first dibs of course, especially as one of them is Whoopy D, creator of that famous right-back who played a few games before becoming assistant at Rochdale ;)

I'm interested in signing up mate.

Probably a stupid question but what do we have to do for it? sounds interesting though :thup:

Just sign up and follow in the thread whilst DodgeeD plays the game on his comp.

Just like ri916, I'm shocked/pleasantly surprised at the interest so I'll get something started this week.The question now is which idea sounds better (I have three):1. A rival nation sign-up like my previous ones, only this time using two real but crap nations (perhaps San Marino/Lichtenstein, or two Caribbean, African or Asian nations) and giving each a golden generation of sign-up players with a rivalry to be played out on the world stage.2. A group of players from the same nation competing for individual glory with the twist that they are average rather than superstars (like Emile Heskey, you'll be chasing trophies and caps despite being not that good)3. Inspired by George Weah, each player will be a superstar from a crap nation - can you single-handedly help your nation make a mark on the world stage?Which be sounds better and more feasible? Bear in mind option one will need 30 players at least to make it work.

Just like ri916, I'm shocked/pleasantly surprised at the interest so I'll get something started this week.The question now is which idea sounds better (I have three):1. A rival nation sign-up like my previous ones, only this time using two real but crap nations (perhaps San Marino/Lichtenstein, or two Caribbean, African or Asian nations) and giving each a golden generation of sign-up players with a rivalry to be played out on the world stage.2. A group of players from the same nation competing for individual glory with the twist that they are average rather than superstars (like Emile Heskey, you'll be chasing trophies and caps despite being not that good)3. Inspired by George Weah, each player will be a superstar from a crap nation - can you single-handedly help your nation make a mark on the world stage?Which be sounds better and more feasible? Bear in mind option one will need 30 players at least to make it work.

I had a sign-up like your 3rd suggestion last year, Climbing the Ladder, and the players never really made much of a mark in their continents let alone the world so in my opinion it would have to be between the 1st 2 choices, and personally everyone loves some good old fashioned rivalry so I'd go for the Golden Generation choice

I am leaning towards one as well - good banter and San Marino v. Lichtenstein also offers us starting clubs too in the shape of San Marino Calcio and Fc Vaduz. I might get a thread started tonight or tomorrow and see what kind of interest it gets

Archived