Official January Transfer Update 13.3 Feedback Thread

70% is very low fitness level, any player at that level should be subbed.

If that were the case then every player still on the pitch near the end of the match would have hit the wall so long ago that they're running head long into another wall.

And sadly, the 'Comment for Player B affects Player A, comment for Player C affects player B' bug is still apparent too.

That isn't what's happening, it's just a GUI issue where the player response ins't updated immediately,

If you flick to another screen & then back to the teamtalk screen you'll see the reaction getting displayed.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an aside and without meaning to provoke anyone, it makes me chuckle that some posters will suggest anything to justify mistakes/bugs in the game.

For example, I remember reading someone's post a while ago relating to the teamtalk reaction bug (mentioned above) and they were like 'Well, what's happening is, Player A is reacting to Player B's comment because...'

I can only imagine their face when it was listed as an actual issue.

I think this forum has a great community and I've been given help (and helped) loads. Sadly, some people seem to be a bit blinkered when it comes to accepting that sometimes, a shoe is just a shoe, not a cleverly crafted Italian spaceship.

If that were the case then every player still on the pitch near the end of the match would have hit the wall so long ago that they're running head long into another wall.

Id instantly sub any player at that level of fitness, 70% or below is just asking for an injury, and would definitely indicate a player is tired.

If you subbed every player on 70% you'd end up playing with just a goalkeeper.

I never have a player finish a game with that level of fitness. Not unless all subs have been made and i have no choice. Anything below 80 and the player is subbed.

I never have a player finish a game with that level of fitness. Not unless all subs have been made and i have no choice. Anything below 80 and the player is subbed.

Agreed, Unless it goes to extra time i would never have all my outfield players getting down to 70%. Without opening up another debate perhaps the difference in this view of what fitness is/isn't correct is a reason for the 'injury bug' debate.

You could be right, because i rarely have injury problems, but then i dont start players under 90% fitness, ever, not unless im extremely desperate, and i sub anyone who gets below 80%, which could also be why i almost never experience the injury after 3 subs thing.

Some interesting feedback there guys - I have to admit, my players are only about 8/9 games in, so maybe their fitness will increase before declining again towards the back end of the season. It still doesn't change the fact that my assistant manager should be telling me this for every player at the minute (or none).

On an unrelated point, its a real shame to note that the DoF role still only tries to offload players on transfers when the window is open.

You could be right, because i rarely have injury problems, but then i dont start players under 90% fitness, ever, not unless im extremely desperate, and i sub anyone who gets below 80%, which could also be why i almost never experience the injury after 3 subs thing.

Similar, I try not to start players below 95%, sub when they drop below 75% (if possible) and if anything id say in my 4/5 year save i've experienced below average injury problems.

I don't start anyone below 90% and sub anyone below 80% or makes 3 subs by 60 minutes with the most tired coming off. Despite playing from 60 minutes with no subs, I have lost a player to injury only a few times in 16 seasons. Certainly less than one per season, which is actually way too few. Overall, I have very few injuries - unrealistically low amounts.

Some interesting feedback there guys - I have to admit, my players are only about 8/9 games in, so maybe their fitness will increase before declining again towards the back end of the season. It still doesn't change the fact that my assistant manager should be telling me this for every player at the minute (or none).

Yeah give them a few months to get completely up to match fitness. Are you working your players hard on fitness pre-season?

Your ass man tells you because at a certain fitness level it will trigger the assistant to prompt you on it, its not a bug, its there for if you dont notice that a player is tired, it just so happens you have a few guys not fully fit by the sounds of things, or a few players who cant last the pace.

Anyone else finding no one wants any of your loan players now? As Tranmere I have listed 8 players on loan, all good enough to play league two level but have had no offers for any of them even when asking for no wage contribution or monthly loan fee, before the update these would have had offers for them

I don't start anyone below 90% and sub anyone below 80% or makes 3 subs by 60 minutes with the most tired coming off. Despite playing from 60 minutes with no subs, I have lost a player to injury only a few times in 16 seasons. Certainly less than one per season, which is actually way too few. Overall, I have very few injuries - unrealistically low amounts.

I play almost exactly the same way, on 60 minutes the two most tired players come off, only in extreme situations do they stay on, and the 3rd is usually a tactical change at the same time, or a third tired player if have one. In my new game first season i cant remember one instance of being down to 10 men after a 3rd sub. I would also say i have almost unrealistically low injury rates, except the ones you cant avoid, like Sone Aluko snapping his hamstring in the 3rd minutes of a game, then doing it again on his 2nd game back to full fitness in the 15th minute.

• Administrators
The Newgen Faces Aren't showing up, There just the default faces. they where working perfectly fine before the new update.

Fine here for me, is it set up correctly in your preferences? Under Interface -> pictures is 'show pictures of generated players and staff' ticked?

If it is and it still isn't work, I'd suggest verifying your cache - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?version=pcmac&id=83

Id instantly sub any player at that level of fitness, 70% or below is just asking for an injury, and would definitely indicate a player is tired.

I presume you're managing some top team.

Around 60% is staple for some of the national and lower league teams that I've managed: low physical stats and there's not enough squad depth for rotation. Back when I was still managing Macau nt, it was common that the players ended the match with 50% fitness.

Now that I think about it, that probably explains why third of the national pool was out injured at one point.

Haha, well we don't share the opinion that there is or was an "ice hockey" effect anyway, but there are ZERO ME changes in this update so its moot anyway :)

Sorry if im being dumb here, but what about all the ME v1339 changes listed along with the 13.3.0 database update?? Arent these new ME changes or were they released earlier or something?

There isn't an option for numbers only shirt names which I think is for FMC.

Getting my options confused, I have shirt numbers showing on my tactics panel but that's not really helping you though.

what annoys about the January update over the years is players that are still injured for like 6-7 months at the beginning of the season, when in real life they are now fit. the game tries to be as accurate as possible which is great and understandable in some areas but leaves other stuff out so why not just makes all players fully fit by the time the jan update is out.

Hmm. So George Porter and Billy Clifford are both correctly on loan at Colchester (both are season long loans) yet Sam Walker, who is also currently on a season long loan from Chelsea, isn't there? They were all signed in the January transfer window, so I'm not sure how Walker's loan was missed...

Rest of it looks fine, finally Massey can actually play on the wing! Funny that Freddie Sears has had his stats reduced just when he's started a run of goalscoring form.

Edit: Just noticed that John Joe-O'Toole is there when he should be out on loan for the season at Bristol Rovers.

But the players are injured when the season starts, like they were in real life....

I think what his saying is... if SI makes the transfers updates, why dont make also the injuries (and bans) updates too?

The question makes sense, but i guess it's a option (and a valide one) that SI took.

What should the database number be after the update. Steam updated my game and after the update I went to start a new game using the new database but in the box to pick a database from I only have the options Default and 13.3.0, as far as I can ascertain there should also be a 13.3.1 option?.

• SI Staff
Hmm. So George Porter and Billy Clifford are both correctly on loan at Colchester (both are season long loans) yet Sam Walker, who is also currently on a season long loan from Chelsea, isn't there? They were all signed in the January transfer window, so I'm not sure how Walker's loan was missed...

Rest of it looks fine, finally Massey can actually play on the wing! Funny that Freddie Sears has had his stats reduced just when he's started a run of goalscoring form.

Edit: Just noticed that John Joe-O'Toole is there when he should be out on loan for the season at Bristol Rovers.

Walker's loan is only until April. O'Toole's is only until March. Therefore, they were not included.

Funny that Freddie Sears has had his stats reduced just when he's started a run of goalscoring form.
One of those FM laws, player gets a downgrade, player hits form irl.
Walker's loan is only until April. O'Toole's is only until March. Therefore, they were not included.

Moot point but - http://www.chelseafc.com/chelsea-article/article/3041389

April 27th is the end of the season

I have got the latest patch but now when I try to filter players on the data editor, no names come up just a list of ticks. I don't have this problem when searching clubs, competitions etc. I have tried reinstalling the data editor but that doesn't work either. This has never happened to me before - can anyone help?

Oh yeah, O'Toole's isn't a season long loan, but we think that it will be turned into that at some point.

And I'm pretty sure for Walker it was announced at the time it was a season long loan. I guess I could just add those transfers in on the editor.

Love the update, just wondering, did you fix the "no more than 10 physios shown" - bug that I reported some time ago? IE I have room for 11 physios but no matter how many I hire it will never show that I have more than 10. But they WILL show up for contract negotiations, me having 4 head physios at one point.

May be worth verifying your cache - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?version=pcmac&id=83

Tried that and still nothing. I think it may be something to do with starting a save on the new patch because I started this save yesterday after the patch was released and numbers don't show but with my 4 older saves numbers are showing on all of them.

Or the only other thing I can think of is that in Italy the numbers don't show till you past your friendlies and have your first league game coming up, I wouldn't know for sure because this is the first game I've started in Italy.

Archived