Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case you hadn't noticed MacZ is having a forum holiday, don't think we don't find him tiresome too:) he is right more often than he's wrong though tbf.

I don't understand why people don't understand that there can't be progress bulletins, simply put not even SI will know updates are ready for release until the actual moment they are ready.

Any progress update would be purely placatory and factually dishonest.

Kriss, but that is my point exactly!!!! I dont expect SI people to come here hundreds of times everyday telling me the same thing over and over again. that would bore me to death. BUT, what I say is, it would be nice AND strategic for someone (like paul did) once in a while to come out and say: "sorry guys, we messed up but we are working on it. yeas we know, this and that is bad, we are working on it." THAT would put things into perspectiv. and a lot of bitching (pardon my french) here would stop simply cuz people would not feel ignored. as it is now we all need to vent some steam and get sort of recognition in fact that we all find things frustrating, but hey, I am not alone because the men next to me on this forum is complaining about the very same thing. see what i mean? I admit it is just too much at times but it is all down to frustration. and then you have all those I-didnt-see-it-Wenger types attacking every post and blaming all on tactics. it just contributes to frustration. Need I say more?

Are you having a giraffe? How can you call any of them perfect on release? Like basically ALL software there were glitches.

Or are we just listing games that we enjoyed upon release? if so - FM13

those were all working fine on release. I dont remember ever having any serious, or any, trouble att all with those games. like i said, they were all patched at one time or another, but they worked just fine day one. and i spent tons of hours enjoying them. still do.

those were all working fine on release. I dont remember ever having any serious, or any, trouble att all with those games. like i said, they were all patched at one time or another, but they worked just fine day one. and i spent tons of hours enjoying them. still do.
OK, but the question was what was perfect on release? All those things you said are true of my FM experience, even though there were (And still are) a billion ways in which it could be improved

Yeah I have to say, as a guy who has defended Creative Assembly on here, for listening to their fans and for continuing to work on their games long after designers would have chucked it, it has to be acknowledged that some of their releases have been a mess.

Empire is quite possibly the most "complete" gaming experience you will ever have. If one of you were to download it tonight and start The Grand Campaign, I wouldn't expect to hear from you in about a month haha ...

But when that game was released ... it was a wreck. It was a disaster of epic proportions. And, like FM, the first two patches only made it worse ... and the second rendered the game virtually unplayable in the real sense ... and had many a gamer crying the blues over squandering their dough. You think there is frustration on this forum? For me, I had that game for nearly a year before I was ever able to stomach it. A year. It cost me £40 on purchase day ... and I might as well have bought a door stop.

Now that game is a wonder of the world, and worth every penny, although you can download it from Steam now for a tenner.

Creative Assembly don't release perfect games. The fans tell them how to make them perfect, and over time ... they are perfected.

I hear the same story about Medieval II when it came out, and it's the game which the fans have created the finest mods for you will ever play. Rome, everyone's favourite in the series, the most fun to play, was, all told, a buggy mess until patched too ... and I wonder at what kind of condition Rome II will be in when it gets a release.

Regardless, I'll buy it ....

As I will continue to buy FM. Anyone who claims we're not being listened to on these forums is quite mad. Even the Creative Assembly guys don't spend this much time communicating directly with the fans. Even they don't release five updates in two months. The SI guys work damned, damned hard on this game.

Other companies release games and leave them as they are. We all know of examples. Some games start out as disasters and never get fixed, unless it's by the fans. How many games out there have fan made "balance" patches? How many frustrate so much they sit on shelves for years? How many games companies - and Maxis, yes I mean you - have actually released EXPANSION PACKS to cover glaring bugs ... Sim City 3's Roads expansion is one of the most scandalously greedy grabs at our wallets I have ever seen, and I certainly did not fork out further cash to purchase it.

I repeat ... these guys do a damned fine job, and they are not the first to try something new only for it to create problems. But they are amongst the ONLY companies which work around the clock to fix the mistakes.

Sigh I agree Poulopo.

I would love to see someone actually be able to give throughballs. Show me the vid of it in FM13 this patch. If not this game removed throughballs. A football game without throughballs. 'almost perfect' lol.

Kriss, but that is my point exactly!!!! I dont expect SI people to come here hundreds of times everyday telling me the same thing over and over again. that would bore me to death. BUT, what I say is, it would be nice AND strategic for someone (like paul did) once in a while to come out and say: "sorry guys, we messed up but we are working on it.?

He did exactly that, do you want to set a timetable for him to return and do penance?

never said they were perfect, just that any "glitches" they might have had then did not, on overall interfere with the gameplay itself or the enjoyment. ME is probably the most important piece of FM-simulation. you cannot have simulator without a proper, well, simulator. I am sure there would be less frustration if, lets say, there were glitches with training, or contracts, or agents, or whatever. they do not affect a gameplay in such a degree as "faulty" (in lack of better word) Match Engine simulating games and results. please, try to understand the point i am trying to make here. I am not trying to take a mickey on you, SI, or anyone else. but the whole issue is just so frustrating.

He did exactly that, do you want to set a timetable for him to return and do penance?

that was 2 weeks ago. wouldnt you say it´d be appropriate if he come out ones more saying "still working guys". and if you call that "penance", then what about thousands of gamers who spent last three months in frustration because of something they paid money for isnt working exactly as promissed? isnt that a "penance"? Kriss, I understand that your job is defending this thing, but you gotta broaden your perspective, or you risk ending up like Wenger or MacKenzie....

that was 2 weeks ago. wouldnt you say it´d be appropriate if he come out ones more saying "still working guys". and if you call that "penance", then what about thousands of gamers who spent last three months in frustration because of something they paid money for isnt working exactly as promissed? isnt that a "penance"? Kriss, I understand that your job is defending this thing, but you gotta broaden your perspective, or you risk ending up like Wenger or MacKenzie....

It's my job to reassure you that he/they are still working, though why you might think they'd stop working and slope of to a sunset isle is beyond me tbh :D and I never defend the flaws in the game, only SI's integrity which I can vouch for having spent many hours with them over the years.

They don't think of FM as as a job, it's a vocation to them.

13.2.2. is much better (at least for now ).... finally I can see passing in space , through balls, realistic dribblings ..... Again it's playable after more than two weeks...

I don't know if he is trolling or not :D

I don't really miss that huge amount of through ball that, in my opinion, was game-killer. Of course there should be a good balance, too many before, too few now. But in 13.1 was a through ball in every action, mostly because of wrong movements by defenders if you remember.

I don't really miss that huge amount of through ball that, in my opinion, was game-killer. Of course there should be a good balance, too many before, too few now. But in 13.1 was a through ball in every action, mostly because of wrong movements by defenders if you remember.

true! :thup:

It's my job to reassure you that he/they are still working, though why you might think they'd stop working and slope of to a sunset isle is beyond me tbh :D and I never defend the flaws in the game, only SI's integrity which I can vouch for having spent many hours with them over the years.

If thats the case Kriss why is Paul the only one working on the ME or am I mistaken. Surely he's not stuck in a little room making changes then loading the game up and playing a few matches..

again Kriss, you miss my point. its not about penance, its not about sloping of to a sunset. its about telling us, gamers, customers, who spent money, who basicly guarantee that those guys have jobs since we are buying and paying for their games, that we are not forgotten. that we are not ignored. if that is too much to ask for then i admit i am in the wrong and i promise never to buy another SI game again.

Jasse really stop overreacting, plz ta.

We all know and we're all annoyed but I'm sure they're on it like a bonnet.

Relax, play 12 and wait like the rest of us.

yeah, i guess you´re right. just got annoyed but i admit, i gotta control that temper. must be my (better lol) polish half taking over. anyways, cheers.

If thats the case Kriss why is Paul the only one working on the ME or am I mistaken. Surely he's not stuck in a little room making changes then loading the game up and playing a few matches..

You're mistaken he has a small team but of course you can't have several people programming on one module simultaneously so he manages their contributions around his lead role.

He of course has access to the full testing facilities internal and external, so no he doesn't sit in a small room writing and testing all the changes himself. :)

Part of the process is ordering up various soak tests too so he can evaluate results over a long term.

stop erasing my comments, I too can have a word and be listened, and in my post I highlighted what I thought was wrong with the ME.

Read the house rules and post in the appropriate manner and you'll be heard, rant and you won't.

Hey guys, dont know how far away any new ME patch is, but i think the curley wurley balls still needs looking at :-)

and for an aerial view

Needless to say i was raging at a back line full of internationals but managed to nick a 2-1 win :p

Shane Warne would be proud of that one :D

Read the house rules and post in the appropriate manner and you'll be heard, rant and you won't.

Posting in the appropriate manner only means being acquiescent. Tell me how you think selling a game so incomplete seems any decent to you? I feel I was ripped off! I'm sorry if you feel I was offensive but this is not the way companies should behave... you have game testers and you give us this??? Seriously? I haven't had ONE successful long ball since I bought the game. I just don't understand it and I want my money back.

Posting in the appropriate manner only means being acquiescent. Tell me how you think selling a game so incomplete seems any decent to you? I feel I was ripped off! I'm sorry if you feel I was offensive but this is not the way companies should behave... you have game testers and you give us this??? Seriously? I haven't had ONE successful long ball since I bought the game. I just don't understand it and I want my money back.

Not had 1 successful long ball? Check my video couple of posts up, Best.Long.Ball.Ever

Will make you well jel

Not had 1 successful long ball? Check my video couple of posts up, Best.Long.Ball.Ever

Will make you well jel

Remind me, are you playing football or billiards? try to get your players on the end of a long ball, never gonna happen, without that lucky curl that ball would have gone past the byline, just like all the others

Not aquiescent, equally not rude or offensive, if you read through this whole thread you'll get a better perspective of the situation and you'll see all your complaints well reported ( many more too)

The current situation isn't ideal but there are reasons for it and SI are committed to sorting out the issues asap.

Remind me, are you playing football or billiards? try to get your players on the end of a long ball, never gonna happen, without that lucky curl that ball would have gone past the byline, just like all the others

Sorry, it appears i forgot to remove my sarcasm filter before i posted :p

Do people play billiards anymore?? Now that was a mad pointless game, even offline. :(

Had a billiards game on PC, it was bugged to hell, I mean how can a game that involves 3 balls on a table be bugged? :D

Had a billiards game on PC, it was bugged to hell, I mean how can a game that involves 3 balls on a table be bugged? :D

Hmm, not sure that says more about you than their impossible to screw up game release?? :) Billiards as a computer game....that's scraping it. I'd not admit to having that. :D

Hmm, not sure that says more about you than their game?? :) Billiards as a computer game....that's scraping it. I'd not admit to having that. :D

I'd buy a game of tropical curling if they wrote one ;), I'm a sucker for games.

Not aquiescent, equally not rude or offensive, if you read through this whole thread you'll get a better perspective of the situation and you'll see all your complaints well reported ( many more too)

The current situation isn't ideal but there are reasons for it and SI are committed to sorting out the issues asap.

Then why do they sell every year if they realize that's not working? I mean, just for the sake of selling? Sure, I could wait cause I love this game and I know you can see that in how disappointed I am but SI could be gentle and instead of trying to sell every year they should work 2 or maybe 3 years in a game that's going to run smoothly. I swear I'm not going to be able to play this game for more than two months before they are releasing the new version.

3 nalls.. FM screwed up a game with just 1 ball j/k

I want to know why AI can defend everything and thier keeper saves everything meaning you need 5-6 shots on target to actually score, yet the AI can score from random long shots, indirect free kicks and crosses so easily.

AI score so often from crosses, yet i have the likes of RVP and Llorente missing them from 1 yard.

this one they scored from one guy running into the area after defenders were playing head tennis. just so frustrating

236F227D7298A1E2AEAE811B4E49D5B6E6B4CADF

Thanks for that huge effort, it's a good read and very perceptive.

Thank you Kriss, i appreciate the fact that you took the time to read my manifesto lol. Well, i wasn't too sleepy so i thought "oh well let's do a couple matches" and oh boy am i down.. pictures say more than words so let me post some, also if you recall i'm gonna state again that well i don't believe in witches but it's true that they exist.. i'm starting to think the ME has something against me hehe. Sorry about the images not being in english :)

stats.png

new.png

schalke.png

cccn.png

scn.png

As you can see.. well they should have been smoked and my team has the guns for that, but well no worries nothing too uncommon, except as i've state previously my only goal was from a penalty, i've played 3 champion leagues games and cabeye has 4 goals on it, 3 from penalties and he failed 2 already.. and yet here's what made me lose my mind a bit..

wth.png

..I guess they were MOTIF'INVATED!! lolol, but seriously, they have zero CCC's 3 shots and yet one of their players gets sent off and in 5 minutes they score me 2 goals.. boy that's a witch for me alright! I'm not supersticious but it sure feels something goes mad as soon as you score against the AI or they get one of their players sent off :s

Anyway could ya'll ease my mind and say it's ok for me to replay this game? :p I sure could win these 3 points.. oh yeh.. and i only draw at the 90th minute so even the "not fair draw" was pretty lucky :( hehe.

Archived