Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

I have 100 % "cracked" the ME :applause:!!!

- Maximum low on width

- Maximum low on tempo

- High on defensive line

- Tight marking on fullbacks and wingers, with personal man marking on wingers with my own fullbacks.

With these instructions I concede nothing and win comfortably with 60-70% possesion.

The opposition gets zero out of theyre wingers and fullbacks this way, and therefore is complitely neutralized.

Enjoy :lol:

Good till the AI has Swap Player on with their full back and wingers

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but would SI release an unfinished product like this if they were selling cars rather than videogames? QUOTE]

Car analogies are against the rules but the answer would appear to be yes :Dhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19894322

I laughed, thank you.

Didn't you find an article about a company selling cars that turn right when instructed to turn left?

Yep, it probably doesn't exist. You only see that in the world of software.

All of that simply seeks to exploit the ME in the way I did earlier with the pressuring wingers. They are not fixes, not proper ones.

Everyone on this site would end up playing the same way, in the same style.

This is straightforward; these issues did not exist in the final version of FM12's engine. This new engine is vastly better, but it is not working right.

I laughed, thank you.

Didn't you find an article about a company selling cars that turn right when instructed to turn left?

Yep, it probably doesn't exist. You only see that in the world of software.

They actually built vehicles which required you to turn the steering wheel right to turn left at one time :) just prove analogies are two edged weapons tbh.

I understand why people say the things they do about software but let's be perfectly honest the unattainable dream for a company like SI is to release the perfect product on release day, think how much time and money they'd save.

Because it's unattainable they do the next best thing, devote resources and effort to improving it for up to 5 months after release date.

I don't see how you can compare the car thing. :D Let's face it, if a car is dodgy people could die, so am hoping QA and testing is wee bit more robust and better funded in car manufacturers, and even then they have to do recalls.

We're talking a game here. Nobody dies if it doesn't work properly. Kind of. :) So to compare the two (car maker and computer game maker) as releasing poor products is kind of wonky given the effort and funding difference the two will pump in to their product.

I understand why people say the things they do about software but let's be perfectly honest the unattainable dream for a company like SI is to release the perfect product on release day, think how much time and money they'd save.

Because it's unattainable they do the next best thing, devote resources and effort to improving it for up to 5 months after release date.

Kriss, you are right! but now instead they charge sheetz loads of money AND use us costumers/gamers as beta-testers guiney pigs. Now that seems very fair to you?

Kriss, you are right! but now instead they charge sheetz loads of money AND use us costumers/gamers as beta-testers guiney pigs. Now that seems very fair to you?

You don't really seem to understand what's been said tbh.

oh yeah? well, english is not my native language, I admit, I lack some skills. so why dont you enlighten me then?

I did the enlightening further back in this thread and in many others, to keep it simple, you are not being used, SI would love to produce the perfect game on release day, it's never going to happen but unlike some developers they don't stop working on it on release day.

I bought the Football Manager 2013 2 days ago, and now I'm playing Football Manager ...2012 :).

I continue waiting the fix or update for the current ME.

As long as the SI team is working their hard to bring the perfect patch/update/fix for ME, then I'm happy to wait.

01:51 Buffon is set to Defender Collect, short passing, low creative freedom etc. Still he kicks the ball upfield. Why?

Ok, this is something that once in a while pops up in the forum, but people must start to understand that, despite you set your gk to "defender collect" that doesn't mean that he will do that 100% of the time. He will do that most of the time, but sometimes he will kick the ball long.

It's the same for, lets say... you set your winger to cut inside. That doesn't mean he will always cut inside... sometimes he will hug the touchline.

Ok, this is something that once in a while pops up in the forum, but people must start to understand that, despite you set your gk to "defender collect" that doesn't mean that he will do that 100% of the time. He will do that most of the time, but sometimes he will kick the ball long.

It's the same for, lets say... you set your winger to cut inside. That doesn't mean he will always cut inside... sometimes he will hug the touchline.

I'm sure you'll agree that there should be a way to instruct your players to at least almost never do that. I don't know if you watched the clip, but the keeper has time and space, there is no reason to do anything else than instructed. I would understand it if someone like Zlatan or Balotelli didn't care and refused to follow my directions, but Buffon on good morale not following a manager of good reputation he's played for a good while?

I agree that players won't follow instructions every time, especially under pressure. The reason I pointed it out here was as an example of unreasonable behaviour. There are tons of stuff I don't agree in that I haven't commented on in that match, because I understand that the whole point of the match engine is for players to do things a bit randomly, and according to their own attributes.

I'm sure you'll agree that there should be a way to instruct your players to at least almost never do that. I don't know if you watched the clip, but the keeper has time and space, there is no reason to do anything else than instructed. I would understand it if someone like Zlatan or Balotelli didn't care and refused to follow my directions, but Buffon on good morale not following a manager of good reputation he's played for a good while?

I agree that players won't follow instructions every time, especially under pressure. The reason I pointed it out here was as an example of unreasonable behaviour. There are tons of stuff I don't agree in that I haven't commented on in that match, because I understand that the whole point of the match engine is for players to do things a bit randomly, and according to their own attributes.

I agree with you, with the part of the "under pressure", but i dont think that is the only reason for the keeper not to "respect" the manager instructions. Perhaps the keeper, even without pressure, could think that the best option was kicking the ball long.

You may think that he was wrong, but like you said, it's important that the ME dont turn the players into little robot's following your instructions 100%. All the attributes give the players a little "human touch", and sometimes they do things that they were not suppose to. Thats the beauty of the ME.

I've just been messing around on steam looking for a new game to play and then I notice Football Manager 2013 UPDATE REQUIRED. Nearly pee-peed my pants with excitement..... Might as well keep looking for that game to play now. :(

I thought for a sec that there is new ME but i was very quickly drawn back to reality. What I have also noticed is that close range shooting accuracy is appaling. World class finishers miss ccc´s, yet the same guys who are 170cm tall score from fluke crosses. How can a guy with 18 finishing shoot all the way from penalty spot to a corner flag is beyond me. The goals that should have been scored almost never happen and the most weir ones do. Dont want to insult anyone but how can someone play the game in its current state is simply....interesting.

I agree with you, with the part of the "under pressure", but i dont think that is the only reason for the keeper not to "respect" the manager instructions. Perhaps the keeper, even without pressure, could think that the best option was kicking the ball long.

You may think that he was wrong, but like you said, it's important that the ME dont turn the players into little robot's following your instructions 100%. All the attributes give the players a little "human touch", and sometimes they do things that they were not suppose to. Thats the beauty of the ME.

I agree with this so much. I could explain why, but what's the point?? :D

Well said anyway. :thup:

I did not buy fm2012 because I tend to buy every other year, how long did it take to get to version that every one keeps saying they are going back to, in fm2012, and was fm2012 as bad on release day.

Excellent question :) expect some selective memory though.

They actually built vehicles which required you to turn the steering wheel right to turn left at one time :) just prove analogies are two edged weapons tbh.

They "can't" release a perfect product so... they release an unfinished one and keep on improving it? And I should be happy about it?

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't feel gifted because SI keeps on patching the game. The patches are the least they can do to redeem themselves after releasing an unfinished product.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not here to bash SI for nothing. I like this company and I have enjoyed FM for years. I can imagine why it is so hard for a small company to implement deep changes into their software. However what actually drives me even crazier than the IG flaws is the behaviour of some people in the community around the game who defend the flawed game and SI like if there was nothing wrong. Admitting that the game is flawed and that SI just mucked up would help ease the tensions, especially since we all know that they are working hard to fix the issues that are plaguing the ME.

I don't see how you can compare the car thing. :D Let's face it, if a car is dodgy people could die, so am hoping QA and testing is wee bit more robust and better funded in car manufacturers, and even then they have to do recalls.

We're talking a game here. Nobody dies if it doesn't work properly. Kind of. :) So to compare the two (car maker and computer game maker) as releasing poor products is kind of wonky given the effort and funding difference the two will pump in to their product.

When you buy a product, you have expectations regarding the way this product should work.

If your car is dodgy, you can die. If your game is not properly finished, you can ragequit. The outcome may not be the same, but in both cases, the product doesn't fulfill the expectations, so I don't see any differences. The point is that a product should fulfill the expectations that the buyers put into it. A company releasing a bad product is not a serious company, period.

When you buy a product, you have expectations regarding the way this product should work.

If your car is dodgy, you can die. If your game is not properly finished, you can ragequit. The outcome may not be the same, but in both cases, the product doesn't fulfill the expectations, so I don't see any differences. The point is that a product should fulfill the expectations that the buyers put into it. A company releasing a bad product is not a serious company, period.

Can you give an example of a major PC game release that has been perfect from day 1, and has never needed updating?

I do see differences between £30 (half a night on the ****) for a game that I think is fine and dandy, if not perfect, so does fulfill my expectations and £1000s for something that might kill me, or worse my kids or somebody else's, if it's wonky. Hence can't understand the comparison, that's all. Horses for courses, but just thinking the car analogy is squiffy.

Please feedback only in this thread. Thanks.

Feedback only, Feedback only, Feedback only... OK, Feedback only but then tell us what is with new patch? We deserve some answers, show us some respect. We bought the game two months ago and we still can't play the game.

So Neil, please give us some answers.

Sorry for my bad english.

Can you give an example of a major PC game release that has been perfect from day 1, and has never needed updating?

Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Total war series, Planescape Torment, arcanum to name a few. they were all great games. True, they were all patched at some time but I remember getting them on the release day and enjoying them from day 1. No having said that I acknowledge that a simulator like FM-series is not an easy or small task and that perhaps you cant have all the variables ticking at day one. but like the other fellow said: admit your mistake! instead of defending it, excusing it and basicly sticking your head in the sand. Or letting people like MacMenzie defend anything and everything in true Wenger style "I didnt se it". And keep the public informed on the progress of your work in order to fix those flaws and mistakes. I am sure the forums would be dead-quiet then. Cuz people hate being kept in the dark. Especially when they spent good hard earned money on something that is far far away from meeting their expectations (hugely blown up to disproportion by SI themselves. with 900 new things AND new ME). money doesnt come free you know.

However what actually drives me even crazier than the IG flaws is the behaviour of some people in the community around the game who defend the flawed game and SI like if there was nothing wrong. Admitting that the game is flawed and that SI just mucked up would help ease the tensions, especially since we all know that they are working hard to fix the issues that are plaguing the ME.

Yes some people are irrationally defensive, that isn't SI's fault.

PaulC admitted to having mucked up a bit with the last update, he also warned us early on that this ME would almost certainly be two steps forward one step back at times for reasons now explained to death.

Feedback only, Feedback only, Feedback only... OK, Feedback only but then tell us what is with new patch? We deserve some answers, show us some respect. We bought the game two months ago and we still can't play the game.

So Neil, please give us some answers.

Sorry for my bad english.

Yeah, good shout. We want some feedback on our feedback and we want it now. We shall not, we shall not be moved. :(

If you buy a pair of jeans and the stitching on the backside is missing with a promise from Levi's that they will get the stitching done in a few months would you walk around with your arse showing until then? Very little money spent on beta testing jeans and not a car analogy in sight :p

Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Total war series, Planescape Torment, arcanum to name a few. they were all great games. True, they were all patched at some time but I remember getting them on the release day and enjoying them from day 1. No having said that I acknowledge that a simulator like FM-series is not an easy or small task and that perhaps you cant have all the variables ticking at day one. but like the other fellow said: admit your mistake! instead of defending it, excusing it and basicly sticking your head in the sand. Or letting people like MacMenzie defend anything and everything in true Wenger style "I didnt se it". And keep the public informed on the progress of your work in order to fix those flaws and mistakes. I am sure the forums would be dead-quiet then. Cuz people hate being kept in the dark. Especially when they spent good hard earned money on something that is far far away from meeting their expectations (hugely blown up to disproportion by SI themselves. with 900 new things AND new ME). money doesnt come free you know.

Are you having a giraffe? How can you call any of them perfect on release? Like basically ALL software there were glitches.

Or are we just listing games that we enjoyed upon release? if so - FM13

We bought the game two months ago and we still can't play the game.

Have you tried the technical help forum? Maybe they can help you with your error

If you buy a pair of jeans and the stitching on the backside is missing with a promise from Levi's that they will get the stitching done in a few months would you walk around with your arse showing until then? Very little money spent on beta testing jeans and not a car analogy in sight :p

Yeah, jeans are a far better analogy. :)

Or letting people like MacMenzie defend anything and everything in true Wenger style "I didnt se it".

And keep the public informed on the progress of your work in order to fix those flaws and mistakes. I am sure the forums would be dead-quiet then.

In case you hadn't noticed MacZ is having a forum holiday, don't think we don't find him tiresome too:) he is right more often than he's wrong though tbf.

I don't understand why people don't understand that there can't be progress bulletins, simply put not even SI will know updates are ready for release until the actual moment they are ready.

Any progress update would be purely placatory and factually dishonest.

Sorry for English

Good afternoon, opening the steam my Football Manager 2013

update was alone, but when we arrived at 100% update my anti virus

detected a virus and could not update .... and now I can not play more the following message appears when I try to open the game = failed to start the game (executable missing)

what do I do now?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

however the 99% that the virus appears

TR / Crypt.XPACK.Gen Trojan was detected by anti virus and has been quarantined ....

then I'm in it ... not knowing what to do or act

Can someone help me?

Sorry for English

detected a virus and could not update .... and now I can not play more the following message appears when I try to open the game = failed to start the game (executable missing)

what do I do now?

TR / Crypt.XPACK.Gen Trojan was detected by anti virus and has been quarantined ....

Can someone help me?

Allow it in your anti virus settings, if that fails uninstall the anti virus (ensure windows firewall is running first) and try again.

It's worth considering Microsoft Security essentials as AV, it's free, effective and Steam/FM compatible.

Sorry for English

what do I do now?

Can someone help me?

Right click on the game in steam, choose properties and then verify game cache. Steam will reaquire the missing game files.

[video=youtube;cCxhknCLGEY]

I'll explain:

Freekick to the opponent, and my keeper decides to go place the ball in the right spot... but the freekick in the midfield! Result... when he is turning back to the goal... they score!

Just too stupid to be true!

I scored one of those beauties :D

Archived