Match Engine Update 13.2.1 - ME 1325 Constructive feedback here please

Another thing I find odd, which I found odd in FM12 as well, is the press and odds-makers considering my Championship Blackpool fighting for promotion to be clear favourites over Premier League fifth place Swansea. Both teams on decent unbeaten streaks too.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another thing I find odd, which I found odd in FM12 as well, is the press and odds-makers considering my Championship Blackpool fighting for promotion to be clear favourites over Premier League fifth place Swansea. Both teams on decent unbeaten streaks too.

I think the problem you will find is that the update would only be 'progressing' anyway, so I don't know what more you want to know. Each iteration will be built and tested, if the test doesn't pass a new build is done and tested. Until the iteration passes testing it's not released. I would have thought that it is not as tangible as building a car. "Well sir, we've built most of it, but just waiting to put the wheels on."

I'm sure it cannot be as simple as that. I'm sure follows a two step process: tweak code and test. Then a decision is made. If it's good, it goes out. If it isn't, a new build is compiled. When it's ready, it's ready and released.

Kriss i'm sure it does have 2 stages in progress or finished but a comment to say that from SI every few days is not too much to ask surely. Feedback is all I'm asking for.

The job i'm in and the work I do has two stages also. In progress and complete yet I still provide my customers with updates every few days. If I didn't they wouldn't come back to me year after year.

I agree completely with you Steve, a little update now and then on the next patch would go a long way, they are acting as if they gave out the game for free, and trust me i'm not having a go because i know how difficult programming can be at times but as it stands this will be my last football manager, this goes for my friends as well.

So we still have no official comments from SI since Paul C announced during the Christmas break that 13.2.1 was not as plan and he hoped to put out a hot fix if possible.

Now we have to put up with Kriss (No Offense :D) as the closest thing to SI telling us it will be out when its out and there will be an update when it's ready.

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable. SI have had top dollar for a game and employed us as defacto testers. Yes this is going to speed up the correction of the ME to the point of it being great but the lack of communication from SI is absolutely frustrating. This thread was set up by SI for feedback on the ME. Well that goes both ways in my opinion. Apart from the first 2 pages where we had some comments from SI members about the changes and Russian update and problems installing we have had only 2 comments since both from PaulC. 2 comments in 14 pages. 2 comments in over 2 weeks. That is not good.

A lot of the moaning frustration on here is we want a better game and SI want to give it to us but what is happening? Is a hot fix being work on or looked at? Are the issues to big for a hot fix and are we gonna have to wait for major update? Are Si even back at work? We don't know.

Its taken me 5 minutes to review the thread and type this up so surely an Official comment from SI will take no longer than that. Do we deserve an update on progress? Yes we do.

I'm not asking for war and peace or release dates. What i'm asking for is a progress update on a regular basis like ever few days. Just something along the lines of "we are working on a hot fix" or "still working on a Hot fix" or "Hot fix won't cut it its gonna take longer". Just tell us something and keep us informed I can live with that like i'm sure many others can to. Lack of communication leads to annoyed customers and can impact futures sales.

We play the game. We pay money for the game, we provide feedback. So SI give us 5 minutes of your time every few days to tell us where you are up to.

Or what about SI asking the community about specific things; something they need to fix whatever they're working on. That would make the information gathering less random. It would greatly improve the feedback if the general FM user knows what SI is looking for.

And regarding corners, whats the point of re-writing the ME if you are going to re-write the same things? every goal from a corner comes either from a near post or far post header. why cant we see any goals from the middle?
A game I played last night, both myself and the opposition scored from a corner, and both headers were pretty central. I'll post the video when I get home tonight.

[video=youtube;P_osUn6K750]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_osUn6K750

As you'll see, both headers pretty much straight down the gut, so it does happen. And those two goals were in about 15mins of each other. It's more obvious in the vertical view you see here, as opposed to the 3D TV view.

I agree completely with you Steve, a little update now and then on the next patch would go a long way, they are acting as if they gave out the game for free, and trust me i'm not having a go because i know how difficult programming can be at times but as it stands this will be my last football manager, this goes for my friends as well.

So if somebody from SI pops in every day and says "there's no news yet" that'll make a difference?

So if somebody from SI pops in every day and says "there's no news yet" that'll make a difference?

I think they meant constructive feedback from SI to constructive feedback offered by peeps here and all those PKMs??

Still waiting for Miles to reply on how squaddies on FOBs on Herrick can activate the game without internet access and all. :) Be too late soon, FOBs are closing fast. :D

Or what about SI asking the community about specific things; something they need to fix whatever they're working on. That would make the information gathering less random. It would greatly improve the feedback if the general FM user knows what SI is looking for.

In this thread they're looking for any errors people can detect in the ME, that's as specific as it gets initially, PaulC usually does indicate what he hopes to have fixed when an update is released which tells you precisely what he hopes you'll look for, bearing in mind he also wants you to look for unforseen knock on effects (which if you'll forgive me indicates why your suggestion is a bit pointless)

8347129158_cacc8f39ae_h.jpg

Right click > view picture if it's showing too small.

i dont know what am meant to be looking at here, but what i find really disturbing is that you had over 40 shots with 23 on target yet only 3 clear cut chances, anyone with half a brain would know thats not right.

I think they meant constructive feedback from SI to constructive feedback offered by peeps here and all those PKMs??

The constructive feedback to this is to fix the errors people have kindly pointed out, or would you rather all the programmers wasted a few weeks in the bugs forum having a nice little chat about each PKM people have produced?

The constructive feedback to this is to fix the errors people have kindly pointed out, or would you rather all the programmers wasted a few weeks in the bugs forum having a nice little chat about each PKM people have produced?

I'm fine as it is. But clearly SI have a problem now, they've peed off enough loyal customers, or is that not a problem?? Ignore the problem and it will go away once the patch arrives?? Come to think of it, fickle people and all probably they're spot on thinking just that. :D

i dont know what am meant to be looking at here, but what i find really disturbing is that you had over 40 shots with 23 on target yet only 3 clear cut chances, anyone with half a brain would know thats not right.

I'm not doing the usual here but as I only posted this yesterday you have to see the extreme irony http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/339887-Match-Engine-Update-13.2.1-ME-1325-Constructive-feedback-here-please?p=8428565&viewfull=1#post8428565

Must resist...must resist.

Oh go on Mods, can I? :p

I'm going to put this very simply. FM14. Buy it in February/March 2014. This year's game is the first FM game I have purchased on release. Lack of patience and boredom with my FM13 save made me jump the gun this year and buy early, also the opportunity to preview the beta version sucked me in a little (very clever SI). Previous years I have seen people on here complain about this bug and that bug and I always waited for the third patch. I will go back to this system for FM14. Be patient. I understand people's frustrations "I've paid thirty quid for a broken/unfinished game" etc etc. This is the way it has always been though and probably the way it always will be. What's the alternative? Buy FIFA manager (LOL) or get a more interesting social life. I don't fancy either of those options much. How about you all?

I'm fine as it is. But clearly SI have a problem now, they've peed off enough loyal customers, or is that not a problem?? Ignore the problem and it will go away once the patch arrives?? Come to think of it, fickle people and all probably they're spot on thinking just that. :D

The thing people just can't seem to get their heads round but which is the absolute truth is that even SI can't give a progress report on a hotfix, it might be ten minutes away from completion or ten days but it is only complete at the moment the man from Del Monte he say yeh!!! :D

That's actually the wrong shouts it should be

play out of defence / get stuck in / pass to feet / work ball into box / retain possession / hassle opponents

The point was : The tactic is logical, the shouts logical, the players top drawer........yet every game I am averaging 25-30 shots , the vast majority of which are farcical. The amount of long shots is huge even though tactically there is nothing more I can do to reduce them.

If I am missing something in there that is making my tactic illogical, then someone here will point it out.

whats your point? who saids the goalie didnt play a blinder? who saids there wasnt 10 clear cut chances but the goalie saved them or the strikers hit it wide? point is the match stats clearly point to that the match engine is broken, and as soon as yous get that message maybe it will get fixed.

I'm going to put this very simply. FM14. Buy it in February/March 2014. This year's game is the first FM game I have purchased on release. Lack of patience and boredom with my FM13 save made me jump the gun this year and buy early, also the opportunity to preview the beta version sucked me in a little (very clever SI). Previous years I have seen people on here complain about this bug and that bug and I always waited for the third patch. I will go back to this system for FM14. Be patient. I understand people's frustrations "I've paid thirty quid for a broken/unfinished game" etc etc. This is the way it has always been though and probably the way it always will be. What's the alternative? Buy FIFA manager (LOL) or get a more interesting social life. I don't fancy either of those options much. How about you all?

I don't find anything to argue with here, clearly some people would benefit hugely from waiting, we sado masochists will always do the other thing :) I'm with you on the options too :D

The amount of long shots is huge even though tactically there is nothing more I can do to reduce them.

In fairness, the example you posted showed 18 long shots from 45 attempts, ie a bit below 50%. The Premier League average of long shots in a game is around the 45-50% mark.

whats your point? who saids the goalie didnt play a blinder? who saids there was 10 clear cut chances but the goalie saved them or the strikers hit it wide? point is the match stats clearly point to that the match engine is broken, and as soon as yous get that message maybe it will get fixed.

I did say I was just pointing out the irony of the stats, you really do try hard to be offended don't you? :)

There'll be something well before March, it's already been as officially confirmed as you're likely to get, I can't afford not qualify that of course :D but if it doesn't happen I'll be amazed.

Please, please don't ask for predictions though, they just aren't possible.

However this is a hotfix coming up shortly right?

I did say I was just pointing out the irony of the stats, you really do try hard to be offended don't you? :)

no your trying to be smart by saying in real life teams can get 30 shots at goal and not win, which i do agree but how fm is simulating this and when compared to the match stats its nothing like real life, far from it and its just si way of patching up a game which apprently had to many high scorelines.

In fairness, the example you posted showed 18 long shots from 45 attempts, ie a bit below 50%. The Premier League average of long shots in a game is around the 45-50% mark.

Maybe I didn't put it well. I have said earlier in this thread, and in the tactics thread that I don't necessarily think that long shots are the biggest problem , but more the total amount of shots. My average for the current season is something like 27 - for me alone - that isn't right.

I do have issue with my players going out an shooting from distance regardless of instructions though. And while the premier league average is 40% ish , the teams at the lower end of the scale (where I should be , given my team instructions) will see a much lower % than 40.

no your trying to be smart by saying in real life teams can get 30 shots at goal and not win, which i do agree but how fm is simulating this and when compared to the match stats its nothing like real life, far from it and its just si way of patching up a game which apprently had to many high scorelines.

I'm not seeing that many high scorelines, in fact it feels pretty much spot on GPG wise. It's the total number of shots , and where/how they are occurring that is an issue (it's frequently Bale and Costa , less so Siggurdson that end up with the large shot tally)

I don't find anything to argue with here, clearly some people would benefit hugely from waiting, we sado masochists will always do the other thing :) I'm with you on the options too :D

Or just avoid GD, as I'm sure you wouldn't notice half the bugs if you didn't read about them first...

No, in this case I took pains to point out I wasn't doing that, you're completely wrong in your analysis but you're absolutely right in saying the ME doesn't yet represent it properly.

However this is a hotfix coming up shortly right?

As soon as possible was the last word from SI and they haven't changed that statement, however it's meaningless in the context of giving a date for reasons I've given.

I'm not seeing that many high scorelines, in fact it feels pretty much spot on GPG wise. It's the total number of shots , and where/how they are occurring that is an issue (it's frequently Bale and Costa , less so Siggurdson that end up with the large shot tally)

am talking pre 13.2.1 the forum was full of people complaining about high scoring games, then comes this amazing match engine that we have now.

To me yes it makes a difference. Lets me know they are still working on things. Just seems like good business sense. And can also save the Mods on here from having to repeat themselves time after time.

Kriss is Atherton against Allan Donald in '98 at the Trent Bridge Test Match now. Hang in there Mr Kriss, you're doing a top job. Could be the next sporting 'hang in' there's against a brutal onslaughts. Kind of. :)

He had protection :( I just live in hope that one day some individual (who probably logged in here by mistake) will actually understand what I'm saying :D

To me yes it makes a difference. Lets me know they are still working on things. Just seems like good business sense. And can also save the Mods on here from having to repeat themselves time after time.

I kmow what you're saying but do you seriously think they would actually stop working on things?

Or just avoid GD, as I'm sure you wouldn't notice half the bugs if you didn't read about them first...

'Tis probably true. Someone posted yesterday (I think) about the possibility of having a ME feedback thread where posts were only viewable by mods.

It is a great idea, as it would eliminate the domino effect herein, or at least, eliminate the endless spiral of arguments.

'Tis probably true. Someone posted yesterday (I think) about the possibility of having a ME feedback thread where posts were only viewable by mods.

It is a great idea, as it would eliminate the domino effect herein, or at least, eliminate the endless spiral of arguments.

Good theory but I'm pretty sure they'd demand a thread they could argue in too :D it is a sport for some people as you well know :)

Sorry, SI but this time I think you got it wrong. The fun is just not there with this ME. The last one you could atleast to some extent work around things to make things work, and play how you wanted your team to play. But now it's all about colleceting super dribblers and get the crosses in. Just terrible to watch players like Nani get the ball time after time and dribble the whole world around the pitch twice before he most of the times tries to win a corner or just score. There are a few things that defenitely have improved with this ME though, like the defense at parts.

I understand the imperfection of the new ME and lets hope it gets fixed until the january patch.

This is a fantastic idea.

Hey Kriss, why don't you or some other mod collect the problems people have posted in this thread and write them all in the first post so everyone can see is their problem already written by someone else?

This would also make things easier to follow, and SI could see the whole picture more easy...

just a thought, I am not trying to be smart or anything, just want to help...

Hey Kriss, why don't you or some other mod collect the problems people have posted in this thread and write them all in the first post so everyone can see is their problem already written by someone else?

This would also make things easier to follow, and SI could see the whole picture more easy...

just a thought, I am not trying to be smart or anything, just want to help...

Nobody ever reads the first post :( but the way to see that is to check the bugs forum really, this thread might seem pretty horrible but it is serving its purpose and SI staff know what they're looking for specifically.

Also I can't always determine what's a bug or not, so it would end up the same shambles or worse :D

Nobody ever reads the first post :( but the way to see that is to check the bugs forum really, this thread might seem pretty horrible but it is serving its purpose and SI staff know what they're looking for specifically.

Also I can't always determine what's a bug or not, so it would end up the same shambles or worse :D

Why not have a sticky then, that just lists them at the top, nothing fancy, just 'READ FIRST: Reported Bugs' or something? Then link to that specific post in the bugs forum for people to add their own examples to the one bug post. This way everything is in one place.

Why not have a sticky then, that just lists them at the top, nothing fancy, just 'READ FIRST: Reported Bugs' or something? Then link to that specific post in the bugs forum for people to add their own examples to the one bug post. This way everything is in one place.

A Known Issues sticky would certainly be beneficial.

Well, but this is a forum... right?

Otherwise, people would just send e-mails with complains.

The whole idea of a feedback thread is for people to talk about similar issues.

They are always working!

Even after the final patch, in Febuary they still continue to work.

People in SI HQ are like little robots... working 24/7.... with Miles, sitting on a chair controling everything!

This is a fantastic idea.

My idea this was. Of course, I'll never get any sort of recognition for it. I'm just a troll, apparently...

Archived