dafuge's FM13 challenge

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Padders, I've been reading this thread solely for your progress. What an inspiration. Such patience is rare! :)

Thank you for your kind words. It is comments like yours that keeps me going.

I played Mr and Mrs over the Christmas holiday and my wife said I have very good patience. I suppose this kind of challenge needs it

I still love it

Congrats on the FA Cup win and survival Padders. Great to see your persistence bearing fruit.

I've got the same problem in finding good English youngsters available for a reasonable price. Will probably need to wait until my youth setup is a decent standard.

Kettering Town

Season Summary 2020/21

1313591030Kettering Town badge.jpg

Media Prediction: 20th

Actual Finish: 12th

Quite possibly the most enjoyable season of FM i've ever played, I was expecting a relegation battle all season, but we were never in danger of that, being 5 points off 7th at one point. even taking a point from Man Utd and Chelsea, as well as 3 from Man City. The most important position to strengthen this season was the Striker position, with all of my main strikers in the Championship were all poor, with only Said getting over 10, cue a combined spending of £18mill on 2 Italians with potential leading premier league potential, Valentini and Mariotti were both signed from Roma. Valentini was an instant hit, and only an injury in the last few weeks prevented him from hitting 20. Mariotti as such didn't see as much game time, and didn't score many (just 2 in 18), but is 2 years younger so hopefully he'll get better over the next season or so. The cups were poor, drawing Chelsea and Man City meant we reached nowhere near the board expectation.

Finally, John Norris has now played at least 25 games in a season in every single playable division in England

League / Past Positions / Squad / Transfers /

League Fixtures (Aug-Dec) / League Fixtures (Jan-May) / Cups

Fans Player of the Season: Alexandre Sanchez - I remember looking at the board confidence screen early on in this lads Kettering Career and it saying the fans were disappointed with the signing, now hes a fan favourite, good to see the turnaround go that way around

Best Eleven: Season / Overall

Season      League                 Position     Achievements
2013/14     Blue Square North        1st         Promotion, League Winners
2014/15     Blue Square Premier      6th         Survival, FA Cup 3rd Round
2015/16     Blue Square Premier      1st         Promotion, League Winners
2016/17     nPower League 2          13th        Survival
2017/18     nPower League 2          2nd         Promotion, FA Cup 3rd Round, JPT South Quarter Finals
2018/19     nPower League 1          2nd         Promotion
2019/20     nPower Championship      20th        Survival, FA Cup 4th Round
2020/21     nPower Championship      2nd         Promotion
2021/22     Barclays Premier League  12th        Survival

I'll be here 'till FM14 waiting on the Met, so...

Worksop Town FC

worksop_zps17105064.png

So, here I am! As manager of Worksop I'll be attempted to follow both dafuge's and ri916's challenges in the same save game. The club itself was a shock promotion to the Blue Square Regional Leagues (at least going off my knowledge of the area, history, reputation and so on!) so dragging them up the leagues with no transfers should be.. different.

Worksop's claim to fame is its age, claiming to be the 4th oldest football team there is! Thats about all there is to get excited about when it comes to the club overview...

The squad tells its own story. Some young players with potential, but that is relative to the rest of the team. The 5* potential players could be good Blue Square North players at best. Best player is a 42 year old goalkeeper who has no defence infront of him, great!

Pre-Season

2013-01-09_00005_zpsf23f00d6.jpg

While the results weren't bad, they did get worse as the season drew nearer and opposition got better. Biggest relief was no injuries and the players apparently having at least half an idea of what I am asking them to do tactically!

One piece of good news did come from the board at least, what will be a much needed upgrade to our youth network.

6289_leamington_football_club.jpg

So win won the Championship in our 4th season in the divison. We also won the FA Cup which was unbelivable. I think there are some screenshots on the previous page.

First year in the Premiership was a struggle and we flirted with relegation for the majoruty of the season. I still finding it really hard to find any decent English kids.

We got knocked out of the Group stages of the Europa League. Needed to win the last game to guarantee getting into the knock out stages but only managed a draw.

I am currently in my second season of the Premiership and we started really well and was in 4th after 10 games (including that lucikly win at Man Utd above) but I have only won two in the last 12 games and now we are in freefall. I got three injuries to first team players, both center backs and we couldn't seem to win. All those players are back now but we are still struggling.

Dude what a season :-) On my first save which has now since become corrupted, we managed to make it to 6th position in our second season in the premiership. But then, we had to do our debut season all over again in the premiership now. Looking at how you've done, I have to say its really impressive that you won the FA Cup while you were in the Championship, thats TOPS!

You will stop struggling eventually. When I got to my non corrupted save I found myself in 14th spot in the premiership with a third way to go...and then with 10 matches to go we were 17th. The last 10 matches were epic survival..we eventually finished 14th in our first season. I am sure you will be challenging for honours soon..

My save game that got corrupted as an entire season and a half..i kept back tracking to check it, found the uncorrupted version a season and a half back thats got to hurt, but we survived now its a vengeance run

Touch wood I've been very lucky with my saves! I do have the auto rolling three saves thingy on and do regularly make a backup of my save onto Mediafire.

The FA Cup win was probably my biggest win EVER (in terms of context of my save, I have won everything in previous years of Dafuge's Challenge) since I have been playing FM/CM (15+ years) espcailly after the struggles I had in the Blue Square. I have now got a new challenge of cemmenting my place in the Premiership and trying to push myself up the league.

I should put up my save for a challenge..lol Staffords first season in the premiership, 10 games left and you are dangling at the relegation zone, save yourselves..no money 4 key players out injured..Pray Hard---- We stayed in the premiership AGAIN!..and just kicked Liverpool outta the League Cup...!!!!

8325134-1.png

This isn't a proper nor 'official' update, as once I completed the challenge I added a few leagues. But I'll post anyway just so anyone can see what happened of The Towners. Currently in the 2036-37 season.

Competition history (wins only) to date:

Barclays Premier League:

(10) 2024, 2025, 2026, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2036

UEFA Champions League:

(7) 2025, 2029, 2031,2032, 2033, 2034, 2036

UEFA Europa League:

(1) 2022

FIFA Club World Cup:

(7) 2025, 2029, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2036

UEFA Super Cup:

(7) 2025, 2029, 2031,2032, 2033, 2034, 2036

FA Cup with Budweiser:

(6) 2026, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2033, 2036

Capital One Cup:

(9) 2025, 2027, 2028, 2030, 2032, 2033, 2034, 2035, 2036

FA Community Shield:

(8) 2025, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032, 2034, 2036

Blue Square Premier:

(1) 2016

Blue Square South:

(1) 2015

We've been playing an all-British (24 English, 1 Welsh) squad since the start of the 2035-36 season. We're the world's 2nd richest club by estimated value at £1.28b and the worlds biggest club on reputation. We have nearly £700m in the bank, and thanks to over £1.39b in player sales over the years, whilst being prudent with wages and player purchases, we have an astounding £935.8m transfer budget, as well as £4.1m wage surplus. We're still only in the tiny 17,158 capacity Enfield Town Stadium, but that should hopefully change in the next few years as it is nearly 19 years old. Once we get a new stadium, we should be able to keep a profit through normal income, rather than via player sales, which is how we've stayed so well in the black in the last 10 seasons or so.

If anyone wants to ask anything or any screenshots, I'll do my best to reply.

TacticalGenius that's an awesome amount of silverware and to top it off brilliant handling of the finances, I an only hope to one day replicate this with my lowly Matlock Town :) two questions, who are the richest team and have you had any interesting job offers to speak of?!

TacticalGenius that's an awesome amount of silverware and to top it off brilliant handling of the finances, I an only hope to one day replicate this with my lowly Matlock Town :) two questions, who are the richest team and have you had any interesting job offers to speak of?!

Thanks. Real Madrid are the richest club, with an estimated value of £1.31b. Not had many job offers actually, was offered England when we won promotion to the Championship, and again a couple of seasons into the premiership, rejected because of the challenge rules. Only really had mediocre clubs make me offers (Wolves, Swansea and Tottenham, maybe Newcastle too iirc), besides Barcelona, who offered me the job within a week of the Liga BBVA division becoming active.

I'm just waiting for the England job to become available again, now that they've apparently fixed the bug where world class managers get laughed off, which happened on the last two occasions that I applied.

Good luck with Matlock!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRUQc6malFe_kvtMpA2ElO2-a8cQp9EK-GWtycJ6G0vyyTqZBUKw

Whitehawk - Premier Division - 2022/23

1 point behind Tottenham in CL spot :( Lost against Liverpool in 3rd last and drew against Watford in 2nd last game, should be sure wins their bottom half teams! Also lost twice against relegated Hull! Trashed some teams, got trashed badly by the best teams a few times! Team growing will trash them soon.

League Table

League Positions Graph

Cups - Semi Final FA Cup

Squad -

Transfers -

Finances -

Key Player Profiles:

Mohamed Lamine Amrani - The Complete Forward!

Dawid Hanzel - The poacher

Christian Hodada - The defender

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    1st         Promoted, League Winner
2014/15   Blue Square Premier      4th         Promoted, Trough playoffs
2015/16   npower League 2          5th         Nothing!
2016/17   npower League 2          1st         Promoted, League Winner
2017/18   npower League 1          2nd         Promoted
2018/19   npower Championship      8th         Failure!
2019/20   npower Championship      1st         Promoted, League Winner, FA Cup runner-up
2020/21   Premier Division         8th         Euro-Cup Qualified
2021/22   Premier Division         9th         Nothing
2022/23   Premier Division         5th         Euro-Cup Qualified

Next Season

Grow grow grow! Need a bit more depth in midfield and maybe another winger

That's not to far behind TacticalGenius considering your sitting in a tiny stadium and the money coming in is mainly from player sales!! "Shrewd Businessman". We won't go as far as calling Wolves a mediocre club either aha i suppose the England job would be fun as a side challenge but I don't like being full time international manager.

Kettering Town

Season Summary 2020/21

Media Prediction: 14th

Actual Finish: 7th

We could have taken 5th if we hadn't drawn so many of our last few games, instead, we were forced down to 7th, mainly by a 7-2 thrashing against Man City (who took a quintuple this season). Due to them also winning the Capital One and FA Cups, I figured we should have been in the Europa league in 7th, instead, the game decided that Relegated Bolton would instead receive that spot, I was not happy about missing out on the Europa league by that small a point gap. Then suddenly, out of nowhere "Kettering qualify for UEFA Europa League", apparently we were the most disiplined team the league, with England being one of the countires getting an extra slot through fair play. Its the long route, but we are in Europe.

League Fixtures (Aug-Dec) / League Fixtures (Jan-May) / Cups

Fans Player of the Season: Alexandre Sanchez - Second season running for the Spaniard. His avg rating was on par with the last 2 seasons and he hasn't even reached his full potential yet (still 1 star between current and potential ability according to the assistant)

2017/18     nPower League 2          2nd         Promotion, FA Cup 3rd Round, JPT South Quarter Finals
2022/23     Barclays Premier League  7th         Qualified for UEFA Europa League

BASHLEY F.C.

2026/27 - Premier League

ia8Y6.png

Club Information | Manager Profile | Confidence | Finances | Squad (1) (2) | Transfers (1) (2)

The League

League Table | Position Graph

The Continental Cups

Super Cup

Club World Cup Fixtures | Club World Cup Final

Champions League Group Table | Champions League League Fixtures

Champions League Final

The Domestic Cups

Community Shield

FA Cup Fixtures | Capital One Cup Fixtures

Key Players

Dave Messenger | Guillaume Muller | Joshua Lallement

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season

Joshua Lallement

Joshua Lallement gets it again! He's unstoppable.

Top Scorer

Dave Messenger

Dave Messenger just pips it this year with 45 in 58, just beating Guillaume Muller who had 43 in 59. Fantastic season from the pair but Messenger just takes it.

Millward Player's Choice Award

Manager's Player of the Season

Billy Blinkhorn

22 years old and one of the best wingers in the world, and he's English. Following the departure of Jonathan Simon, Blinkhorn got his turn and took it. 18 assists, 16 goals (from a defensive winger) and an average rating of 7.53. Great season.

Jordan Swinburn Award

Surprise of the Season

Three in a row!

Three Champions League trophies in a row! Let's make it a fourth.

Aims For Next Season

Tear City down!

After losing out on the league by goal difference, I've decided to invest in two of the top scorers in England in an attempt to beat City. A fourth Champions League and the Premier League title is what we're after.

Career Overview

Season      League                   League Finish      Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14     Blue Square South        17th               Survival
2014/15     Blue Square South        5th                Promotion - Playoffs
2015/16     Blue Square Premier      3rd                Promotion - Playoffs
2016/17     League Two               3rd                Promotion - Automatic
2017/18     League One               1st                Promotion - Champions
2018/19     Championship             5th                Promotion - Playoffs
2019/20     Premier League           12th               FA Cup Winners
2020/21     Premier League           4th                Qualified for Champions League
2021/22     Premier League           6th                Champions League Finalists, Capital One Cup Winners
2022/23     Premier League           6th                Europa League Winners, FA Cup Winners
2023/24     Premier League           2nd                Europa League Winners, FA Cup Finalists, Community Shield Winners
2024/25     Premier League           1st                Champions League Winners, Premier League Winners
2025/26     Premier League           1st                Champions League Winners, Premier League Winners, Club World Cup Winners, 
                                                       Super Cup Winners
2026/27     Premier League           2nd                Champions League Winners, Club World Cup Winners, Super Cup Winners, 
                                                       Community Shield Winners

Canvey Island - 2027/28 End of Season Update - English Premier League

Taking small steps forward...

League (Positions) : Much like last season, we fell behind the early pace setters (Spurs and City) almost from the beginning and therefore were in a battle for the last 2 CL spots with Liverpool and Chelsea; with Arsenal, Man Utd surprisingly falling behind. A killer January period (playing all the top sides almost back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back etc.) made us lose touch with the two ahead, which we were unable to claw back. We eased home in 5th place, gaining 4 more points than last year (which is also 2 points more than we got for our CL place two years ago) so progress is being made, if just a little slower than I would like. England have 8 European places next season due to Man Utd winning the CL (despite finishing 7th) and Chelsea winning the EL (so they get their own spot, and the next 3 places are the usual allocation).

Cups:

FA Cup - Since we were runners-up in 2024, we haven't won a single game in this competition. Not sure what to make of that.

League Cup - Even more strange, we haven't won a single domestic cup game since the start for the 2024/25 season. That's far too long in anyone's book.

Europa League - Cruised through the qualifying rounds against Shamrock Rovers and Rapid Bucaresti, which lead us to a group of Marseille, Genk and Levski Sofia. A surprise loss in Belgium put us on the back foot momentarily, but 4 wins in a row put us through with a game to go. A draw in France in our last game secured top spot in the group too.

We got drawn against Bayer Leverkusen in the 1st knockout round, and after losing the away leg 2-1 it looked like we might struggle to progress. But we destroyed them at home 4-0, to go into the next round where we faced Lille. An easy 2-0 win at home which should have been more put us in good position for the away leg, and after scoring first in France it seemed as if we'd cruise through yet another round. But in the second half, we had a defensive meltdown and only just managed to sneak through on away goals.

In the Quarters we got drawn against Chelsea, and endured a cracking 2-legged tie. We managed to sneak a lead at home, but conceding 2 away goals ultimately cost us; with us not being able to counter-attack efficiently at Lampard Park we eventually went out on away goals.

Squad (1)(2) : Brought through 5 youth players this season, each having their own amount of success. A few players are complaining about wanting higher salaries which I might have to look at during the off-season.

Transfers (1)(2)(3) : Now featuring even more loans :cool: Might have to curb the amount I send on loan, the youth team was a bit threadbare this year with so many out to numerous L2 sides.

Players of the Season: Stefan Janikic - DC ---- Walter - AML/ST

Both players in the team of the year, both get a mention here. Walter was signed the season before last, and split time at AML and ST this year. There's a few South Americans here now, including Pedro and Andre (who'll be in the senior squad next season) so got a nice mix of nationalities here.

Finances : Staying pretty much the same once again, our mini-relocation to White Hart Lane kept us positive for the year, moving back to a smaller stadium might impact that next year though.

History

2013/14: BSS - 14th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 3rd Quali Rd

2014/15: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - 1st Rd

2015/16: BSS - 12th, FA Cup - 2nd Quali Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2016/17: BSS - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - WINNERS

2017/18: BSP - 1st, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, FA Trophy - 2nd Rd

2018/19: NL2 - 1st, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 3rd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

2019/20: NL1 - 7th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 1st Rd, JPT - 2nd Rd (South)

2020/21: NL1 - 2nd, FA Cup - 5th Rd, League Cup - 2nd Rd, JPT - Quarters (South)

2021/22: NCH - 5th, FA Cup - 4th Rd, League Cup - 4th Rd

2022/23: NCH - 2nd, FA Cup - Semis, League Cup - Quarters

2023/24: PRM - 8th, FA Cup - Runners-Up, League Cup - 3rd Rd

2024/25: PRM - 15th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 4th Rd

2025/26: PRM - 4th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 2nd Rd

2026/27: PRM - 6th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 3rd Rd, Champions League - Last 16

2027/28: PRM - 5th, FA Cup - 3rd Rd, League Cup - 3rd Rd, Europa League - Quarters

Hi all, Sorry for lack of posts so far. I intend to take on this challenge without using other peoples tactical ideas, tips etc and see how long it takes me. I have been interested to read Padders' plight so far.

I am literally at the end of Jan with Hampton and Richmond, sitting eighth and doing OK and my game has just crashed on me with a runtime error! I think it's corrupted so will have to start again as only used the "one file" save option.

Will reload now.

FC United - Blue Square Bet North - 2013/14 - 7th

Remarkable finish bearing in mind a 13 game run without a win at the start of the season. This start & some poor defending from set pieces cost us at least a Play-Off place. Things seem to click when I finally managed to sign a Defensive Midfielder & play a 4-1-3-2 formation. Fans must have been pleased with the brand of passing football we played especially in the second half of the season. Average age only 20!

League Table - 7th

League Positions

Finances - Kept under control within a pretty tight budget.

FA Cup - Nice run to 1st Rnd, beaten away at Scunthorpe.

FA Trophy - Beaten at home by lower league opposition at 1st attempt, must do better next year!

Squad - Finished up with a pretty strong squad that should challenge for the title next season & average age of only 20!. Back up strikers needed though.

Transfers - Lots of In's & Out's all free transfers.

Key Player Profiles

Dean Overson - One of my first siginings, club captain & rock at heart of defence.

Jack Dean -Deep lying playmaker who pulls the strings in midfield. Season finally got under way when I signed this guy. Ex-Fulham picked up on a free from Morecombe.

One to watch

Westleigh Rush - High hopes for this lad, 2 goals in 2 starts at end of season.

Player of the Season

Mehdi Lazaar - Signed from Burnley, cracking 1st season. 22 goals & 13 assists in 38 games & BSN Player of Season award

Career Overview

Code:

Season Team Country League League Finish Achievements-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2013/14 FC United England Blue Square Bet North 7th Manager of Year runner up

Next Season

Promotion is a must.

Improve strike force & learn to defend set pieces!

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Man City, Chelsea, Newcastle

Championship - Watford, West Ham, Southampton

Blue Square North - Braintree, Kettering, Gainsborough

FA Cup - Newcastle bt Arsenal on penalties

Capital One Cup - Spurs

Champions League - Spurs bt Man City

Kettering Town

Season Summary 2023/24

Media Prediction: 10th

Actual Finish: 10th

Fustrating season, things just wouldn't work for us, and we were losing to teams we should have been easily beating at times, Good FA Cup run until City showed up.

League Fixtures (Aug-Dec) / League Fixtures (Jan-May) / Domestic Cups / Europa League

Fans Player of the Season: Valentino Visconti - One of the few decent performers in a poor overall squad

2022/23     Barclays Premier League  7th         Qualified for UEFA Europa League
2023/24     Barclays Premier League  10th        EUropa League 1st Knockout Rnd

AFC Fylde - Season Summary Number 1

Finally managed to finish season 1 and my, my my what a surprise.

After a long season I managed to finish in the playoff spots and amazingly won! League table looks like this

I'm fairly sure that 75% of my squad won't be at the club next season and I'll be heading back down again but I'm enjoying the praise of the fans and board and awaiting a new contract offer as I'd clicked on delay rather than accept a few weeks back!

FA Cup - Made it through to Round 1 after a replay and then a 5-2 hammering of Eastwood, sadly I was no match for League 2 outfit Burton Albion who thrashed me 1-0 with a deflected goal in the 79th minute, I say thrashed in place of what I really mean - robbed!

FA Trophy - My cup run lasted one game 0-3 Chester - however, I had the last laugh as at the Deva Stadium several months later I won the place-off 1-0 and we are going up!

Wingate & Finchley - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34

Last season we lost the Champions League final, so that was our big priority.

League Table

We stormed the league as the two tycoon owned clubs managed to get themselves relegated.

Community Shield - a narrow win that could easily have been a loss.

Capital One Cup - we barely broke a sweat as we stormed to a huge win in the final.

FA Cup - this was a different story as we made hard work of our route to the final, which we lost.

UEFA Champions League - the knockout rounds provided a couple of scares, but the final was superbly one sided.

Transfers - our star defender left as his contract became too expensive, as did our keeper to make room for his understudy.

Squad - it is really hard work improving this squad now.

Youth Products - these are the youth products that we have produced over the last six years, we definitely have the quality coming through.

Finances - this is becoming rather irrelevant now as we have more money than we can spend.

Key Player Profiles:

Renan - top scorer yet again but his contract is up soon. He's asking for silly money so I may move him on.

Santiago Vidalín - an insane number of goals for a midfielder.

Emre Korkmaz - his least productive season for a while, and his first as captain.

Christian Neu - a great year for the winger.

Im Jae-Chul - another great season from the left back.

Career Overview

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14   Blue Square Bet South    2nd         Promoted via playoffs
2014/15   Blue Square Bet Premier  19th
2015/16   Blue Square Bet Premier  18th
2016/17   Blue Square Bet Premier  6th
2017/18   Blue Square Bet Premier  3rd         FA Trophy winners and Playoff finalists
2018/19   Blue Square Bet Premier  12th         
2019/20   Blue Square Bet Premier  4th         Playoff finalists
2020/21   Blue Square Bet Premier  1st         Promoted as champions
2021/22   npower League Two        1st         Promoted as champions
2022/23   npower League One        1st         Promoted as champions
2023/24   npower Championship      20th
2024/25   npower Championship      1st         Promoted as champions
2025/26   Barclays Premier League  16th        
2026/27   Barclays Premier League  6th         FA Cup finalists
2027/28   Barclays Premier League  4th         Europa League winners
2028/29   Barclays Premier League  4th         
2029/30   Barclays Premier League  2nd         FA Cup finalists and Champions League winners
2030/31   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC winners and Champions League finalists
2031/32   Barclays Premier League  1st         FA Cup and Champions League winners
2032/33   Barclays Premier League  1st         CWC and Capital One Cup winners and Champions League finalists
2033/34   Barclays Premier League  1st         Capital One Cup and Champions League winners, FA Cup finalists

Next Season

There's not a lot left to aim for apart from a clean sweep of the trophies.

Lowestoft Town F.C

2018/2019 Season

Very pleased with this season. I was only looking like play off candidates for a while, but ended up snatching top spot after a dramatic final day!

League table:

npowerChampionship_OverviewStages_zpsa724bec6.png

Lowestoft league position throughout the season:

npowerChampionship_OverviewPastPositions_zpsd0cf26ad.png

Transfers:

Lowestoft_TransfersHistory-9_zps61b3b60a.png

Top scorer: Max Clayton with 29 goals in 44 games

Top assister: Jay Emmanuel-Thomas with 8 assists in 38 (1) games

Top average ratings:

Max Clayton - 7.40 from 44 games - 29 goals, 4 assists

Carl Jenkinson - 7.38 from 43 (1) games - 3 goals, 6 assists

Eric Dier - 7.29 from 46 games - 3 goals, 2 assists

Aims for next season: Survival. I don't want to be going straight back down again

Season	League	Position Achievements
2013/14	BSN	4th	 Promoted via playoffs	
2014/15	BSP	19th	 Survived administration & avoided relegation
2015/16 BSP     1st      Promotion
2016/17 L2      1st      Promotion
2017/18 L1      3rd      Promotion via playoffs
2018/19 CH      1st      Promotion

Matlock_Town_FC_logo_zps656b0331.png

Matlock Town F.C. - Blue Square North - 2014/2015

The aim after last season was to try and push on for the playoffs and maybe break into the playoff places, something we certainly did do.

Blue Square North

It all started so well this season and it never looked as bleak as my first season where we were fighting it out for survival. The team looked transformed and the new players that i brought into the squad fitted in perfectly. We spent most of the season in the top ten, slipping out a couple of times due to how tight the league was bunched up. After christmas we got a bit more consistency into our game and started putting three or four back to back wins together and never looked like missing out on the playoffs.

Playoff Semi Final Leg One

Playoff Semi Final Leg Two

We played Tamworth in the Semi Final's of the playoffs and felt pretty good about my chances after beating them in our final meeting in the league. They never really posed a threat in either leg and when they did manage to get a shot away it was from distance, putting us through to the final against Alfreton.

Play Off Final

This game i was dreading i have an awful record against Alfreton and it was at there ground aswell, but i dont see why i was worried. Just like the Tamworth game i was hardly troubled (i think i watched two of there highlights all game and they were closer to the corner flag than the goal). Tosan Popo missed a penalty early on but within under ten minutes Joshua Cooke made up for that and we never looked back, Matlock Town F.C. have been Promoted.

FA Cup

I said at the end of my last season that i wanted a good cup run to help out with the finances and thats certainly what i got in the FA Cup. The first four opponents were all at my level or below which was nice, progress was made difficult by having to beat Solihull Moors on penalties but Boreham Wood and Sutton United were dispatched of easily. Then came the dream tie against Scunthorpe, one of the best teams in the second round, i couldn't of asked for more. We went to Glanford Park where a bumper 3,097 fans watched Matlock Town F.C. take the lead against the Iron's. Then came the sucker punch, just before half time Mike Grella equalised for them and then they went onto dominate the second half and managed to get a winner in the 61st minute. We performed very well against a League One Side, i couldn't fault the team at all, more of this next season would be very welcome.

FA Trophy

Another cup, another hope of gaining some much needed money from it. Unlike the FA Cup though this was not to be the case, we comfortably got past the first round beating Redditch four to nothing and then came up against FC Halifax. We managed a draw in the first leg and took them to extra time in the second leg but once again they were to strong for us. Another ealry exit from the FA Trophy this year.

Transfers

Alot of players were let go and a lot of money was saved on wages, the saved wages were used to get in fewer players but of better quality.

Key Players

Connor Roberts-Nurse

A top defender, one of the best i have ever managed at lower league. Does exactly what a defender should do no nonsense tackle and play the ball forward or out of danger. Unfortunately as i write this he has just been poached by Salisbury, giving me £10k in compensation.

This centre attacking midfielder came out with some classy performances this year, aswell as chipping in with 11 league goals.

Joshua Cooke

This classy little striker was released from Barnsley in the close season, i rejected the advice my scout was giving me as his stats looked better than the reports i was being given. I was proved right, scoring 11 goals in 27 league appearances, not setting the league alight but doing enough to become the clubs joint top goal scorer.

Finances

Loosing just under £70k for the season was alot better then the previous season, this being helped by my good run in the FA Cup and the cut in the wages. Hopefully bigger crowds in the Blue Square Premier will help reduce this loss further next season.

Next Season

The aim for the next season will to survive in the league and try to mirror my FA Cup Second round of last season. A couple of players will be needed to bolster the squad and make it competitive in the Blue Square Premier but the nucleus of a solid squad is already here. Hopefully when i write the next report its been as good a season as this.

Season League League Finish Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14 Blue Square North 16th Survived
2014/15 Blue Square North 3rd Promoted via the play offs. FA Cup Second Round

Kettering Town Season 2014/15 Review - BSP

After promotion last season I had no idea how we would do in a higher league, we started well but a small squad plus fixture congestion meant that between middle of October and the new year, we were playing pretty much every sat/tues, our form was up and down. In the second half of the season we kicked on and finished 5th. Playoffs meant Hereford and a 0-0 home draw in the first leg meant we had to get something in the away game, a more comfortable then the scoreline suggests 1-0 win for us saw us into the final against Forest Green Rovers

League Table

Graph

Transfers - the loans of Doughty, Lucas and Evina were key this season

Squad

FA Cup - nice run to 2nd round

FA Trophy - had to play back ups in these games due to fixture congestion

Key Players

Liam Dickinson - 19 goals in 47 games helped fire us to promotion

Jamie Griffiths - the inside forward role was perfect for him, also picked up 19 goals including the only goal in the playoff semi final against Hereford

Nicky Ajose - singed on loan for the season from Peterbrough, made the AML role is own, running at defenders and cutting inside

Sonny Bradley - captain, had a couple of small injuries this season so didn't always start, but when he did he was a rock once again

Aaron McCarey - Irish keeper that we signed on a free from Wolves, key player and rated at a good leauge one keeper already

Kettering Town

Season Summary 2024/25

Media Prediction: 12th

Actual Finish: 6th

Much better this season, we still suffered a few heavy losses at the hands of the big teams, but we picked up points from the teams closer to us, mainly thanks to German Keeper Candas Bayramoglu who Claimed the Barclays Golden Glove, and the No.1 spot in the Team of the Year, my first player to do so in the Premier League. In doing so, we took a fantastic 3 points of Chelseas, which in the end proved the difference between Europe and 7th.

League Fixtures (Aug-Dec) / League Fixtures (Jan-May) / Domestic Cups

Fans Player of the Season: Gunther Rehm - Showing good improvment at the back, playing well with his fellow countyman in goal

2023/24     Barclays Premier League  10th        Europa League 1st Knockout Rnd
2024/25     Barclays Premier League  6th         Qualified for UEFA Europa League

Very happy with the 2040/41 season, finishing a creditable 6th after a mixed start. Our highest finish in the Premier League by a long way. We spent most of the season in the bottom half of the table until a good run of the form towards the end of the season. We sneeked into the Europa League on goal difference

Past Positions

Squad - Got a very young squad, with very little British players.

Facilites - Are still very very average for a Premier League club, I am trying to upgrade them all, but board aren't playing ball.

Finances - Got loads of money £53m, making over £1m profit a month

League Table - Very tight for the last qualifying place for Europa, with 3 points seperating 6 teams

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP    EUROPA

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st         1st
2034-35        L1         5th         5th         1st
2035-36        CH         18th        3rd         1st
2036-37        CH         7th         SEMI        2nd
2037-38        CH         4th         6th         2nd
2038-39        CH         1st         WINNERS     4th      GROUP
2039-40        PL         16th        4th         3rd
2040-41        PL         6th         3rd         3rd

I didn't complete a season last night, the update yesterday was from the weekend

I was really disappointed with this season, finishing 13th. Couldn't seem to get any consistancy.

I blow my record transfer fee (£10m) for a young English striker from Middlesborough. He had a really disappointing season with only 5 (might have been 6) goals from nearly 30 starts (sorry it's not 100% accuarate, I post my updates at work, so I have more playing time at home)

I did notice pre season for the new season that he is now a wonderkid and I am now into November into the next season and he has just been called up to the England squad. I am hoping for big things for him. Just signed him onto a 5 year contract at only £30k a week.

The Europe League was very very disappointing. I won the group stage then beat Rubin Kazan 3-2 away, so all I had to do was not lose 2-0 or more at home! I lost 2-0

All in all not best pleased with that season. Hope for better in the next one

Leamington Spa

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP    EUROPA

2013-14        BSN        19th        1st         
2014-15        BSN        14th        QUAL      
2015-16        BSN        16th        1st
2016-17        BSN        19th        QUAL
2017-18        BSN        14th        QUAL
2018-19        BSN        7th         QUAL
2019-20        BSN        9th         QUAL 
2020-21        BSN        17th        QUAL
2021-22        BSN        11th        QUAL
2022-23        BSN        1st         1st
2023-24        BSP        19th        1st
2024-25        BSP        19th        3rd
2025-26        BSP        17th        1st
2026-27        BSP        12th        1st
2027-28        BSP        17th        4th
2028-29        BSP        9th         2nd
2029-30        BSP        4th         2nd
2030-31        BSP        4th         1st
2031-32        BSP        8th         2nd
2032-33        BSP        1st         QUAL
2033-34        L2         1st         1st         1st
2034-35        L1         5th         5th         1st
2035-36        CH         18th        3rd         1st
2036-37        CH         7th         SEMI        2nd
2037-38        CH         4th         6th         2nd
2038-39        CH         1st         WINNERS     4th      GROUP
2039-40        PL         16th        4th         3rd
2040-41        PL         6th         3rd         3rd
2041-42        PL         13th        3rd         3rd      1st KO

Been reading through the updates, some notable achievements from a lot of you. Well done :-) I've had to resurrect my save from our first season in the premiership. We managed to stay in it and finished 10th in our second season. We're now chasing down a top 10 finish and trying to strengthen as many areas of our squad as possible. The games have been too epic for me to come in here and make updates. We finally beat Manchester City for the first time; in my save the Mancs seem to be running their own competition with the rest of us playing for 3rd- 10th.

Padders you in the EPL a turbulent time I see, you will get through, I kinda sacrifice all cup competitions till I have the squad for it. I keep getting knocked out in the first round. Our best run was League Cup Semifinalists in our first season in the premiership.

Lordmeister nice seeing you trash media predictions

Samnewbrook, sounds like you have a plan to make some money ;-), looks promising, I actually managed to keep 24 players in my squad will I got to the Championship. If I remember my reserves were as good as my first team. Money does that.

good luck

had a corrupt save so am going to start again as was playing still using a save from game release so had no real benefit of patch fixes

hopefully now i may not concede over half the goals each season from crosses cause no matter how i set my tactics and utilised my full backs or wingbacks and opp instructions nothing seemed to work

will post new manager profile once i've holidayed the 1st season

wingate-and-finchleybadge_zps98aa09b6.jpg

Introducing the new manager of Wingate & Finchley FC - Andrew Sarney and screen shot to show starting as a sunday league footballer

Having taken the manager position at the lowest rated team promoted after the holiday season to my sheer disbelieve that the team only has 17 1st players and no reserves or youth players also the club has no backroom staff so this may be a long season ahead

Club has a bank balance of £30,625 with no transfer budget and a wage budet of £2,120. Of which the club is currently spending £15 on 3 former youth players who have been promoted to 1st team due to being too old for youth squad. This gives a bit of room should i need to move funds across to pay for a few of cheap transfer if cant get them for free (as works out for £5,000 transfer fee would lose £100 a week from wage budget so this could help if needed).

So plan of action is to find a cheap but decent Director of Football to try and help find some players to sign as wont be able to pay for a scout to save wages for other more important staff signs for the 1st season.

Board want me to avoid relegation, media prediction is for us to finish 21st which is a relegation spot so need to prove them wrong, i am personally aiming for 15th and midtable, and then the real work can begin in season 2 to make the club a European powerhouse

To do:-

Sign Director of Football ASAP

Decide on tactics to employ using current players for now

Figure out what players are required to improve the tactics employed

Sign staff to fill backroom support as allowed by chairman

Stay within budget this time so funds should always be available each season for decent transfers and wage budgets as struggle in previous save with wages and transfer budgets being reduced due to overspending

Avoid relegation

Archived