The Official Editor Suggestion Thread

Unknown Hacker

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on the CM01/02 days you used to be able to add or remove names to/from the name pool in order for them to be used/not used by the game when generating regens. It would be awesome to have that feature back, with improved options like setting some names to be specifically used for some ethnicities or local regions in determined nations.

The ability to set specific stadiums to leagues, would be useful when creating more obscure leagues who use only a few stadiums between all teams

I'm sorry, I don't really understand this one. Couldn't/wouldn't you just assign the stadiums to the specific teams in that league to accomplish this?

Or are you wanting some functionality so when a team gets promoted from Division B to Division A, that start to use Stadium 1 instead of Stadium 2?

I'm sorry, I don't really understand this one. Couldn't/wouldn't you just assign the stadiums to the specific teams in that league to accomplish this?

Or are you wanting some functionality so when a team gets promoted from Division B to Division A, that start to use Stadium 1 instead of Stadium 2?

I don't know if that is what he means, but I'd like to have a functionality like that,

I think he refers to venues for specific competitions.

I make an example for Japan and the the lower leagues: local football federations decide what stadiums to use, so all clubs of a lower leaguer play in neutral stadium. Considering that, it would be very easy, fast and useful rather than select for each club an alternative stadium for a specific competition (in fact very annoying). Same thing for some national and important competition like All Japan High School Soccer Tournament, in which high school teams play in a 9-10 neutral and big stadiums. It's impossible to set 10 neutral stadiums for hundreds of high schools, it would takes too much time.

I think I know what he means - this definitely applies here in Malta, where no team owns their own stadium. Premier League games are played in Stadium A, B and C, in respective order of magnitude and importance. First Division games are played in Stadium C, D and E. And so on and so forth.

Hello, an option that would be useful: to choose the number of relegated in the first season, then the second and finally the final.

Example: The French National team includes 20 season 2012/2013, 6 clubs are relegated to the French CFA and 4 are promoted to obtain 18 clubs in 2013/2014. This is provided in the base game, but if I create the CFA2 French, I can not have these changes. So an option to handle this would be welcome.

Sorry for the translation, i use google Trad

I'd like to be able to search by the nation of a players city of birth, the local region of a players city of birth, the local region of a clubs city and the nation of a clubs city as it'd save so much time when making regional database edits.

For the highlighted aspect of this suggestion, does searching by both City & Nation at the same time not accomplish what you are trying to do?

Henry when will we be able to see the second nation of a person in a column?

I'm trying to enable it but it's always invisible (I can't remember in which editor it was but at least after enabling I could see the unique ID of a nation)

For the highlighted aspect of this suggestion, does searching by both City & Nation at the same time not accomplish what you are trying to do?

It saves time though. The nation of a clubs city isn't that important but you can't accomplish the local region one without typing in a lot of info.

I think it would be good to have the option to change the points for a draw. Preferably being able to separately edit home & away wins/draw.

Also there doesn't seem to be an option to have players under a certain age automatically included in a squad.

I would like the ability to set regen names for a country by probability of occurring. Perhaps each country could have a "names" section with popular first and surnames added, and users could add new names and set their probability of occurring as a percentage. This could be a lot of work for something which would only really benefit a few people though...

I've been editing quite a bit recently and thought of a few more helpful additions:

Being able to duplicate more than one thing at a time. It might not seem much, but it would cut down a lot of time taken up when editing match/league rules and finances, possibly even team kits.

Being able to specifically set the number of subs for home & away teams (plus the option of additional GK subs or subs in extra time). At the moment there's a set list which is limiting.

Being able to edit the playoff system in the same way you can edit Cups i.e. changing the number of legs and the dates of each round, as well as adding different prize money for each round (this would be especially helpful for champion's playoffs)

Having the Champion's Playoff be unrelated to teams' promotions. (Whenever I set up a Champions Playoff on a lower league it comes up with an error about promotion places).

Being able to set players Squad, Transfer & Loan statuses (a default option could be included too, for the majority of players.

In simple words, no. Specially for Italy where there's like 500+ cities per region that are empty and the next city that has a club or player is 200 cities away!

Player and club search per local region please :)

I have a suggestion.

In the promotion playoff, we could have an option to tick that would be the promotion of playoff and championship at the same time.

This is the "Series D" in Brazil. Is not enabled, but when we turn it on, we can not define a champion, because the promotion system and to choose the champion is defined by playoff.

I would like the ability to set regen names for a country by probability of occurring. Perhaps each country could have a "names" section with popular first and surnames added, and users could add new names and set their probability of occurring as a percentage. This could be a lot of work for something which would only really benefit a few people though...

Really like and support this idea for when creating new nations.

I can't remember which Champ. Manager it was but this was possible (you could add more names and surnames to a nation but I don't remember if you could edit the %)

I would like more that names were not tied to a language but to a region

Maybe already suggested but how about on the prize money screen having an autofill option where you select the 1st place prize then select an increment and click autofill. Also when you add a new line it should default to 2nd place then 3rd place etc instead of just 1st place

This would make it easier to create a full structure of all nationwide leagues:

1. Checkboxes (w/ defaults loaded in) for common awards within a nation instead of having to type it in every time. For example, when I make a league in an unplayable country, I just need to check a box for "Player of the Year", "Young Player of the Year", etc. and then be able to change the names & criteria.

2. Allow as much as 200 data editor files at once for a start game (not sure if this still exists in FM13, I'm still busy editing for now). Allows for full journeyman save.

3. Allow copying of nation rules into a new editor file (bringing over discipline, sorting rules, etc.)

4. Allow multi-select & 'edit' to open up all the teams individually instead of a mass edit. This would help for kit/color assignment. Alternatively, allow random-generated 'auto-assignment' of colors for all teams that don't have kit colors, to prevent lower leagues with blue/white combos for each team.

Please let me know if you have any questions on these items.

Soviet league

How would i go about creating the old soviet league in recent weeks there has been a lot of talk about this really happening, i would love to try it in FM but i need some advice on how i would go about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt anybody's listening, but it'd really help fill in the blanks if being able to choose ethnicity and skin colour in the editor's person search view was possible. Would easily allow users to see which players' respective characteristics have been left undecided.

This would make it easier to create a full structure of all nationwide leagues:

1. Checkboxes (w/ defaults loaded in) for common awards within a nation instead of having to type it in every time. For example, when I make a league in an unplayable country, I just need to check a box for "Player of the Year", "Young Player of the Year", etc. and then be able to change the names & criteria.

2. Allow as much as 200 data editor files at once for a start game (not sure if this still exists in FM13, I'm still busy editing for now). Allows for full journeyman save.

3. Allow copying of nation rules into a new editor file (bringing over discipline, sorting rules, etc.)

4. Allow multi-select & 'edit' to open up all the teams individually instead of a mass edit. This would help for kit/color assignment. Alternatively, allow random-generated 'auto-assignment' of colors for all teams that don't have kit colors, to prevent lower leagues with blue/white combos for each team.

Please let me know if you have any questions on these items.

Just making sure this has been logged and I don't need to re-post in the general Wishlist thread. Can someone from SI confirm?

Just making sure this has been logged and I don't need to re-post in the general Wishlist thread. Can someone from SI confirm?

doubt you will get any feedback from SI

your ideas are good...especially copying nation rules, so many users just want to edit small things like prize money/sub rules and having to re create whole comps is crazy I believe SI are making it this way to discourage editing(take the advanced panel for example!!!)it is unfair and needs to be addressed

why when you click on a competition cant you see full details about it and edit it as you pleasewould take minutes rather than hours i.e. discipline rules/sub rules/prize money/promotion/play off rules etc etc

Some suggestions of my own from using the editor:

Search for Failed DB Changes

Being able to search only for any DB change is not good enough anymore. People who have big files need the ability to find these failed changes and it really does my nut in trying to find them.

Save an Encrypted DBC File

SI are able to save encrypted DBC files that can only be read by the game. These go in the dbc folder inside the db folder (where the game data is installed). Why can't we have the same feature? Enable this and password protection so only people who rightfully own the file can edit it, but allow people to play with it. This should help stop people from copying or stealing other people's work.

Remove duplicate changes

The editor needs a bit of code that identifies when a change has been duplicated and remove it so that the file is smaller. Alternatively when editing something like a competition history the editor should combine all the changes for a particular record instead of adding in every single change effectively increasing the file size.

Save a New DB

I can understand why SI wanted to take this feature out as in some ways it is easier to manage editor changes with small files. However this is not the case with big projects. There seems to be a limit to the number of database changes you can have, and being able to save your work as a new database should help remove this. Letting users also to be able to make use of their own dbc folder would help too, as it would help with collaboration. People could make changes to their own database, upload them to their own website and have someone incorporate them to the database. A safeguard should also be in place, so perhaps the files that make up the database could be stored in a folder in case you ever needed to remove it for any reason.

Enable Advanced Rules, or overhaul Nation Rules (or happily do both!)

The competition editor is a nice feature but despite additions to it to enable Continental Rules and International Rules, Nation Rules has been left alone mostly. There needs to be more options and more customisation. Take some features from the Advanced Rules and put them in Nation Rules. Or just give the Advanced Rules back :)

Load DB Without People

This would enable users who create competitions using the editor to bypass half of the loading time for a database. (I know because I've tried it through the debug panel.)

Regional Rules

I'm sure I mentioned this before, and have seen others mention them too. I'd like to see the option to create a Regional League system, like the Isle of Man league system, and have it independent of a full blown National System. I'd even like to see Regional Teams and the option for cups like the UEFA Regions Cup.

I like your ideas magic mastermind, especially the Advanced Rules/Nation rules one and searching for failed changes but the encrypted file idea punishes people who want to honestly add their own team or try to improve it, help the editor out or work out how to do something themselves.

Hear, hear (to mm124's point)

The first one is particularly vital imo. We can see already when an item has failed changes. It's just a case of having that information readily available rather than having to seach individual records for it.

I like your ideas magic mastermind, especially the Advanced Rules/Nation rules one and searching for failed changes but the encrypted file idea punishes people who want to honestly add their own team or try to improve it, help the editor out or work out how to do something themselves.

I see your point, but you have to remember that it's the editor's right to decide how his work should be used.

Some, like me for example, have no issue with their work being modified/improved as long as all due credit is given. Others might have a problem with that - I might not agree with it, but it's their right.

Based on the persons which I've contacted from this forum, if you want to help the editor or want some guidance or pointers, most would not have a problem with implementing the changes you suggest or helping a requester. I don't think anybody is doing this for the money or fame after all and the needs of the community are generally at the forefront of their thoughts ;)

I see your point, but you have to remember that it's the editor's right to decide how his work should be used.

Some, like me for example, have no issue with their work being modified/improved as long as all due credit is given. Others might have a problem with that - I might not agree with it, but it's their right.

Based on the persons which I've contacted from this forum, if you want to help the editor or want some guidance or pointers, most would not have a problem with implementing the changes you suggest or helping a requester. I don't think anybody is doing this for the money or fame after all and the needs of the community are generally at the forefront of their thoughts ;)

Completely agree with your point. It should be up to the editor whether or not their work should be used, SI can encrypt their files so why not us?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried to edit some things for Arsenal but whenever I try and load my game some message pops up saying invalid token or something like that has any1 else had this problem and if so how did you fix it? Also it now wont let me load my old save game

Hi again, guys.

I have just been through all the requests since my last comment in this thread and passed on the suggestions that hadn't already been brought up. There were some good ones in there once again.

I doubt anybody's listening, but it'd really help fill in the blanks if being able to choose ethnicity and skin colour in the editor's person search view was possible. Would easily allow users to see which players' respective characteristics have been left undecided.

Even this one ;)

Regional Rules

I'm sure I mentioned this before, and have seen others mention them too. I'd like to see the option to create a Regional League system, like the Isle of Man league system, and have it independent of a full blown National System. I'd even like to see Regional Teams and the option for cups like the UEFA Regions Cup.

This is the only thing I've comes across that I'm not clear on. Could you please go into a little more detail for me? What I don't understand is how this would differ from being able to create State Championships in Brazil - which I believe is currently supported in the FM13 editor via the Secondary Divisions tab.

Thanks, guys.

This is the only thing I've comes across that I'm not clear on. Could you please go into a little more detail for me? What I don't understand is how this would differ from being able to create State Championships in Brazil - which I believe is currently supported in the FM13 editor via the Secondary Divisions tab.

I assume he means the ability to create a league structure which is not part of the national pyramid, for example in the US if I want to add the US college soccer system as a playable league I have to add it as a level somewhere in the national pyramid, which is totally unrealistic as the two are completely separate.

The situation is similar for the Isle of Man where its Premier League and Division Two are not part of the English pyramid.

I'd like the ability to make a person a player at team X and a non-player at team Y.

I wanted to create BX Brussels, the club Vincent Kompany bought, but it seems it's not possible to make him Chairman of BX Brussels and player of ManCity at the same time.

• 1 month later...

I think it would be a great help to people who just want to slightly tweak things rather than recreate the entire league system to be able to bring up the current league rules,prize money,tv money etc... when creating nations rules as currently you can only add competitions or completely recreate the system

thanks, pricey687 :)

I think it would be a great help to people who just want to slightly tweak things rather than recreate the entire league system to be able to bring up the current league rules,prize money,tv money etc... when creating nations rules as currently you can only add competitions or completely recreate the system

thanks, pricey687 :)

yes spot on I suggested this 2 years ago lets hope we get joy for FM14!!! I would like to see the option to exchange players when we set up transfers...and also something added where a club is likely to spend its transfer budget( even go over it)on a scale 0-20(the low end being unlikely the top end they will blast it all)

i am using fm12 editor and trying to create the Concacaf Champions Leauge (CCL) —in place of the NACL that the game has. i looked at the original NACL file and copied most of it.

so i hav my new CCL set up, and i press Test Club Continental Rules and i get this: "Qualification System uses competition Mexican First Division but does not contain any rules for it."

i hav no idea what the 'rules' are. can anyone explain this to me?

Archived