Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2012/2013 : featuring positive negativity

Retro

It was a move to 3 at the back otherwise jenkinson wouldn't have pushed up so much and theo wouldn't have played so narrow

No it was no change of formation, just some people playing in different positions than they previously did. It surely may have had a similar effect to playing 3 DCs. FE TV not quite likely to bomb forward as much as Santos had wanted to, as he was tired after 80 mins of dealing with Caroll. Still it was a straight swap as I described. We have not played 5 defenders. We haven't done so against Barcelona IIRC so it is quite logical we won't do it against West Ham.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it was no change of formation, just some people playing in different positions than they previously did. It surely may have had a similar effect to playing 3 DCs. FE TV not quite likely to bomb forward as much as Santos had wanted to, as he was tired after 80 mins of dealing with Caroll. Still it was a straight swap as I described. We have not played 5 defenders. We haven't done so against Barcelona IIRC so it is quite logical we won't do it against West Ham.
Mertesacker was also very central which would suggest 3 at the back. Furthermore TV was too narrow to be playing lb. Also jenkinson wouldn't have pushed on if we weren't playing 3 at the back as it would have been an overly risky move at such a juncture. We haven't seen us defend so deep before this season or have a clear corner routine or make a defensive sub at 1-1. The approach had changed a bit I

He's always looked bright, imo. Making good runs, and linking play well. It just hasn't come off for him. Hopefully, this will be the spark he needs.

The reason I have faith in him is because you only have to look at his touch and what hes been trying to do, to see that there is a real classy player in there. Tbh I knew nothing of him before, but just get the impression that he will score great goals.

Also, I have to admit, at 1-1 I was ready to condemn Ramsay. I know a bit harsh to make him the scapegoat again because he had a pretty decent game, but there was evidence of him misplacing passes and not being on the same wave length...again. Maybe its the type of player he is, but we've still yet to see him have a flawless game in a while, he can be a bit greedy at times too.

Cazorla is awesome.

Was a great game, you lot were superb all over the pitch (apart from cb, but maybe that was just Carroll?). Giroud wasnt great, but neither was Gervinho so for me your best front three is Walcott/Podolski/? (Chamberlain?) judging by what I've seen this season, albeit not a great deal beyond today.

As I said you were impressive all over, full backs were immense as were the midfield trio, but its worth repeating - Cazorla is awesome.

OK, guys who are Arsenal members, are you able to watch the September Goal of the Month on Arsenal Player? I just logged in to watch it, but it tells me I can't watch it (despite the fact I can watch other videos on there).

Edit: just realised it's not out yet, despite the schedule saying it was.

Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong and Bacary Sagna continued their welcome return from injury last night. All played for the U21's vs. Reading.

Also, on the day he turned 17, Chuba Akpom signed his first professional contract at Arsenal. He scored last night too.

My Arsenal supporting brother dragged me along and I thought Wilshere looked pretty ordinary tbh. Sagna looked a class above everyone else. Frimpong is ruddy lazy but he did have a hand in both goals and was playing off the striker for some reason.

Akpom is a big old unit aswell, was expecting him to be 19 or 20. Or saying that, maybe everyone else is just tiny, Wilshere, Coq, Gnabry, Eisfeld

My Arsenal supporting brother dragged me along and I thought Wilshere looked pretty ordinary tbh. Sagna looked a class above everyone else. Frimpong is ruddy lazy but he did have a hand in both goals and was playing off the striker for some reason.

Akpom is a big old unit aswell, was expecting him to be 19 or 20. Or saying that, maybe everyone else is just tiny, Wilshere, Coq, Gnabry, Eisfeld

Wilshere's going to take time, obviously. In the parts I've seen of the match, Wilshere looked good. Lacking fitness of course, but still showcasing some of the qualities which make him the player he is, or was. Hope Sergen Gnabry impressed you. His goal was impressive.

The Telegraph are reporting that Theo Walcott's rib injury isn't as bad as first feared. 'Bruising around the lungs', apparently. Returned to Arsenal for treatment.

Theo is pretty meaningless as a player for us until he signs a contract as Wenger won't start him till he does. Issue at the moment is Chamberlain has been poor the last few matches he has played and Gervinho has only really looked effective through the middle

Fair play to Jenks for committing to England, obviously has the self belief he can Make it when it would have been far easier to play for finland. Arsenal currently have the 4th choice england left and right back.
I only really noticed when he got the other side of Garcia and then got rugby tackled for his trouble. But I genuinely believe Jenkinson has got the all round potential to become our first choice right back, if he keeps up this level of progression.

I stand by what I said after the Citeh match, I genuinely think Jenkinson has got a huge upside as clearly does the England setup. Personally, another 18 months of progression like we've seen from him in the last 12, and he'll be first choice for both us and England.

Haven't we've been winning the award for best pitch on a number of occasions? I think I saw it on a show many years ago. The guy who made Highbury an award winning pitch is also working on the Emirates.

Haven't we've been winning the award for best pitch on a number of occasions? I think I saw it on a show many years ago. The guy who made Highbury an award winning pitch is also working on the Emirates.

The main groundsman actually got hired by real madrid a couple of years ago so whoever it is now is continuing the tradition.

Doubt he will play, prob just getting him back into the swing of things. Hopefully will be back in a week or two.

Fab out for a while, gives vito a few more games to hopefully impress before Woj is fit.

Hoping for a good win tomorrow. Then got 2 win-able home games in the league.

No it doesn't, not at all.

Yes it does... Wenger didn't sign him because of attitude issues which are perfectly exhibited by the nightclub incident. I would like us to avoid players with possible attitude issues as tbh we have had enough of them over the last few years so in my mind it was the right decision.

Yes it does... Wenger didn't sign him because of attitude issues which are perfectly exhibited by the nightclub incident. I would like us to avoid players with possible attitude issues as tbh we have had enough of them over the last few years so in my mind it was the right decision.

Look, M'Vila is a really good footballer and a kid. Any attitude issues can be sorted. He would improve our squad and starting eleven, which is the only thing I'm concerned about.

Do you think Chelsea really give a **** about what Terry and Cole get up to? Of course not.

Same old Arsenal, just can never be bothered in this games. Personnel has changed so it must be the manager...

Vito is a terrible keeper, goal was his fault. Ramsey is a terrible footballer, shouldn't be anywhere near this Arsenal side.

Same old Arsenal, just can never be bothered in this games. Personnel has changed so it must be the manager...

Vito is a terrible keeper, goal was his fault. Ramsey is a terrible footballer, shouldn't be anywhere near this Arsenal side.

Welcome to my world 2 years ago...

Can't believe what I'm watching. Actual ****.

Also guess Podolski coming off again does answer the question whether or not Gervinho is virtually immune to being subbed.

Podolski has had an ankle injury for many weeks now but keeps starting because we don't have any other in-form strikers. Didn't someone here mention something about starting the season with 2 new strikers that have never played in the EPL before?

Oh yeah, it was me!!

Archived