Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

I saw a stat earlier saying liverpool have scored 14 goals more than last season already. I got offered a ticket for tomorrow but shan't bother, last time I went man city I lost my car :D can't blame me if we lose :p. I don't think city have conceaded in the league this year.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fancy us to get a result, when looking threw the City team to see if i should select any of there players for my dream team i didn't think what they currently have to choose from looked that great and we have a thew inform gems of our own at the moment.. seen as City has kept 6 clean sheets and Liverpool has scored 14 id go for a high scoring 3-2 win for the reds ;)

N'Goo scored again for Hearts today. Ran it 50 yards, beating 2 players before rifling a shot into the net. BEAST.

Even with my two dodgee knee's I could probably do that in Scotland :D.

N'Goo scored again for Hearts today. Ran it 50 yards, beating 2 players before rifling a shot into the net. BEAST.

He looks like he is going to be a really good player, but I doubt Rodgers will give him a chance to be honest. Can easily see him leaving us and then becoming a monster at another club - he is big, strong and deceptively quick with really good technique and an eye for goal.

FRUSTRATING not to see him get a chance when we were desperate for forwards 2-3 months ago!

Other teams around us seem to be trying to gift us a chance back into the Champions League.

Would be happy with another draw tomorrow, think it's unlikely though.

Funny that people keep saying 3rd and 4th will come from Arsenal. Spurs and Chelsea, Liverpool may well sneak in, all we need to do is win our remaining games..

Benitez at Chelsea, I think Chelsea and the fans alike need to get a grip of reality, it appears even when Jose was there it wasn't good enough and no manager since has been good enough, if it's not the players trying to get people sacked it's the fans. I think the club is been managed poorly from the top and that is having an adverse effect.. they may have a lot of flair players but there is not enough holding players doing there job well enough, Rafa of all people i would have thought could sort that side of thing's out. He done well at Valencia and done well at Liverpool, you don't become a bad manager over night. Chelsea deserve to fail the way they have treated managers in the past 5 years.

Talking of managers the experts also say that Laudrup has taken Swansea 1 step better than Rodgers, maybe we should look to replace Rodgers with him in 2 years time and let him take us 1 step further too ;)

The problem Rafa and all other managers are having at Chelsea is that they are not in charge of signing players. It appears that Emenalo is the guy holding the purse strings and responsible for signing players at the club.

He will be. Its the exact same team, so will most likely be the exact same tactics, which means us defending incredibly deep and relying on runners from midfield as our only hope of turning defence into attack.

Edit: Not the exact same team, didn't see Enrique in. Thats a bonus.

The right line-up for me TBH. As long as Suarez isn't having to track back like last week, cos that was getting ridiculous.

he doesn't mind playing on the left but we don't like it. can you remember that quote from Dalglish last season. Suarez can't understand Scottish so when Dalglish says "your left out today Luis", he says " thats ok boss i don't mind playing on the left" lol..

Dunno either. I thought Suarez and Sturridge were very lively on Wednesday, and Suarez don't some great work from out-wide. Not so different to when he plays up front tbh, he appears in those areas of the field anyway. The one difference is that because we were playing a decent side he had some defensive work to do.

It will be interesting to see how this line-up works against weaker sides.

Also Carragher staying in the side is a must at present. Skrtel has gone off the ball recently, and that older head might help steady Agger too, who has been a bit at sea for set peices in recent matches.

How is being sacrificed?

Besides, the Sturridge has hardly been goal-shy. You may be losing some of Suarez goals, but is supect Sturridge will make up for that, and you get better creativity and threat from the wide-forward positions as a result.

Sacrificing Suarez would be dropping him for Sturridge tbh.

Look at him last week, he was exhausted because he wasted his energy on tracking back all game, and iirc he had a chance at the end of the game which he was too tired to take. He wasn't nearly as effective as usual in the game and to me that's completely wasting his talent to accommodate Sturridge.

It's like asking messi to track back, drop deeper and to waste his energy in the wrong area of the pitch, to accommodate somebody who just isn't as talented. Again, he wouldn't be any where near as effective as usual. A complete waste of talent.

Not sure how you can't see that he's being sacrificed for Sturridge here.

it obviously takes something away from his forward play, any time you have to concentrate on doing 2 things rather than one is gonna take away from him. i think rodgers has to try and get a 2 man frontline working somehow.

i thought the way glen johnson pushed so high forward v norwich is the way to go to free suarez up to drift inside more.

Archived