THE OTF Uefa.com McDonald`s EURO 2012 Fantasy Football Thread

Pablo DiscoBar

51 points. Could have been more. Changed my captain twice (first had Lewandowski, then Srna, both on 12 points) but ended up with Benzema (4 points).

Played my wildcard and have this as my team for the next two gamedays:

Tyton - Andersen

Maggio - Debuchy - Hummels - Maniatis - K. Papadopoulos

Dzagoev - Mandzukic - Fabregas - Pirlo - Iniesta

Arshavin - Lewandowski - Ibrahimovic

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't particularly feel confident about any cheap goalkeeper keeping a clean sheet, and the big team goalkeepers are way too expensive, so I'll make do with Andersen for round 3.

As in 6 points, doubled to 12?

It'll only take one goal for the reserve captain(s) to match it, so I'd swap. It's a tight decision though - I kept Shirokov with 8 points for the whole GW. Don't know what I'll do if my captain has 7. ;)

Quite sure you can.

"You can play 1 transfer wildcard during the tournament. All transfers made in the Matchday your wildcard is played will be without points deduction."

I think that also applies to transfers already made, during the same gameday. That's the way it works in the Premier League FF as well.

46 points in round one, annoyed I had Akinfeev in there. used my wildcard:

Rui Patricio

Pereira

Pique

Ramos ©

Dzagoev

Ozil

Van Bommel

Rosicky

Jelavic

Lewandowski

Robben

Butland, Evra, Henderson and McShane on the bench

Is it? I thought it doesn't work that way in PL FF, which is why I assumed this would be similar

Double checked to be sure:

A Wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. You can use up to 2 a season.

Playing your wildcard will remove any points deductions from transfers already made in the same Gameweek.

Only made one change, Srna out for Pilar (saves money, plus Srna is playing as a defender)

Cech

Alba

Piszczek

Torossidis

Shirokov ©

Dzagoev

Iniesta

Ozil

Pilar

Lewandowski

Jelavic

Buffon, Ibrahimovic, Cole, Olsson my bench.

46 points in round one, annoyed I had Akinfeev in there. used my wildcard:

Rui Patricio

Pereira

Pique

Ramos ©

Dzagoev

Ozil

Van Bommel

Rosicky

Jelavic

Lewandowski

Robben

Butland, Evra, Henderson and McShane on the bench

Take out Butland, Henderson, van Bommel and replace with players who will actually start or not get yellow carded all the time (mvb's case).

Also change your captain to someone who plays today like Dzagoev and Rosicky. If they don't do well, you can change it later.

Edit : Can also replace Pique by Jordi Alba saving 1m

Balls. Anyone sure? I might have to leave it until next week.

Yes, you will.

Once the wildcard is activated then any transfers made are all free even if you 'spent' points already. That's how the Prem works so don't see why this is different

You can play 1 transfer wildcard during the tournament. All transfers made in the Matchday your wildcard is played will be without points deduction.

It's not any different, it'll cost you nothing :thup:

Double checked to be sure:

A Wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. You can use up to 2 a season.

Playing your wildcard will remove any points deductions from transfers already made in the same Gameweek.

Beautiful news. Shame I now have 6mins to do it in. (leaving work)

Chose the wrong captain option :thdn: Will stick Ozil as captain tomorrow just in case, but was planning on Iniesta. Also going to put in Ibra, Cole and Buffon for Lewandowski (1), Torossidis (0) and Cech (2)

I'll be risking the Dzagoev points. He got 14 but Ronaldo or Di Natale might score a couple. And not get a yellow. Worth the risk imo. Need to go big if i want to win. And if they fail Nasri as a back up.

So I'll be losing 13 of my 24 points in subs with 2 Greeks and the Polish keeper out for Hart, Alba and Pepe. :D

Archived