THE OTF Uefa.com McDonald`s EURO 2012 Fantasy Football Thread

Pablo DiscoBar

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously don't get why everyone keeps picking Abate. It has been well documented and debated in this thread that the chance of Abate starting at right back is non-existant. Maggio is first choice. If you want a cheap Italian defender, pick Balzaretti.

Changed my team about 500 times but think I've finally settled:

Given

Pyatov

St Legder

J Alba

Balzaretti

M Olsson

Padastathopoulus

Ozil

Ribery

Affelay

Shirokov

Eriksen

Podolski

Kerzakhov

Lewandowski

Not sure if having an Italian and a Spaniard in defence for the first game is a brilliant idea though. That said could easily see the game finishing 0-0.

Edit - just realised you can play two at the back so have brought in Eriksen for the Italian.

And my 5th defender is off :D

6 players played so far. 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 red card, an afwul lot of missed chances, and 7 goals conceded amongst them. I'll keep Lewandowski, Kerzhakov and Dzagoev in. Kadlec, Papadopoulos and Sczcesny will be replaced (by Lindegaard, Debuchy and Benzema). Will probably change captaincy as well.

Good day in general, Lewandowski © Piszckek and Dzagoev getting me some decent points. Just disappointed about Akinfeev not starting for Russia.

Pisczek only had 2 points for me. I'll be replacing him by someone, same as with Kadlec obviously.

Lewandowski © on 12 points, Kerzhakov on 5 and Shirokov on 8 made for a very good opening day. :thup:

Presuming it's Szczesny, you can't substitute players who have been sent off.

Great start for me. Initially I had Dzagoev and Shirokov, but re-jigged my team and got rid of both of them, and brought in Kerzhakov instead. My other 3 players to have played so far have a combined total of 1. :(

Glad I took Cech out and put Shirkov in this morning. Of course the other keepers could do worse than Cech still.

Goal each for midfielder and striker, no clean sheet for two defenders, so an okay start. Another 4 players tomorrow, maybe 5 if I bring in Coentrao for Piszczek which I think I might.

My Assistant Manager is a genius.

"I think Čech is your player playing in the next set of matches who will score the most points. You should make him captain and use substitutions if he fails to perform."

He got zero, Shay Given come on down.

6 players played so far. 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 red card, an afwul lot of missed chances, and 7 goals conceded amongst them. I'll keep Lewandowski, Kerzhakov and Dzagoev in. Kadlec, Papadopoulos and Sczcesny will be replaced (by Lindegaard, Debuchy and Benzema). Will probably change captaincy as well.

Cant sub Szczesny.

Will probably switch my captain from Kerzhakov to RvP for today

My team sucks, bottom by 9 points, on TWO!

Only Cech, Polanski and Berezutskyi played though.

Have captain Schweinsteiger and Cristiano Ronaldo tomorrow, as well as bench-man Pedersen.

On Monday, I have the newly promoted Shay Given, Chiellini, Xavi and Modric

and on Tuesday, Cole, Evra, Nasri, Zlatan and bench-man Granqvist.

Oh well, Szczesny was a risk but I didn't expect it to be one for this reason. ;)

Ah what? This requires in-game attention? That sucks a bit.

Not really "in-game" as much as "between days" attention and that really isn't much to ask I'd say for a tournament that has matches every day. ;)

Question:

If after the 1st day I substitute off my GK for my other but he doesn't end up playing, will my 1st GK get automatically subbed back in?

No. If you do any manager subs then the game won't make any automatic subs for you during that round.

I'll add that I agree with those thinking there is too many transfers allowed but I'm not surprised, UEFAs aim with this isn't to have it be as competitive/challenging as possible but rather to keep the mass of average idiots interested for as long as possible as that generates traffic for their site (which they cannot always handle :D).

Not sure if automatic subs will take effect if you make manual changes.

I was wondering that to brought Lingegaard in 'just in case' nothing to lose really.

May as well stick with Lewandowski as captain, I guess. No guarantees about

Archived