THE OTF Uefa.com McDonald`s EURO 2012 Fantasy Football Thread

Pablo DiscoBar

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can't have done too badly today. did you have alonso captain?

Alonso was fantastic with 14 points but no, have Ronaldo as captain with 6 points x 2, wasn't worth the risk.

Moved up to 185th out of the 557 thousand global players, think this is my best I've ever done after years and years of fantasy football. Quite pleased with that. You still have 6 points over me though. :mad::D

Is Reus likely to play do you reckon? Got 2.4 to spend, getting rid of Pilar who's at 5.1. Could put in either Veloso or Meireles as well. Or could get rid of Welbeck at 7.5 but dunno who for.

I'm definitely leaving some of my cheap Greeks in for the semi-finals. There's noone near as cheap as them and to get rid of them would mean basically re-doing my whole team, which I can't do because we only get 8 free transfers.

Awaiting Portugal team news atm, with Postiga out Oliviera could be a great pickup at 4.5m.

I'm also leaving my four 4.0 players in the squad, as the remaining teams have so expensive players.

I find it really hard to get a sensible team out of this. No matter who I pick I end up "betting against myself" - if a striker scores it cancels the defender's clean sheet and vice versa. :/

2 free transfers left, 5.4 in the bank. Can get rid of Pilar for any midfielder I want, not sure who to go for. Already got 4 Spanish and Portuguese players. Reus is so tempting but would be a pretty big gamble. Got Maniatis as well but will probably just leave him in, only want a 3 man defence for this round and I've got my 3.

Probably Silva, I'd imagine. Can't see Iniesta being dropped (unless it's for Fabregas, iirc.) And the teams will be announced before the deadline anyway, so if Silva is dropped you can just switch captaincy before the deadline :thup:

Negredo definitely starting?

That's a yes.

Just lost 6 points making a transfer after i confirmed my free ones. Not happy.

6 Spanish and 5 German players. No one from Portugal or Italy... this can end very badly...

Negredo starts, it would seem. Got 2 free transfers, might as well take Torres out for Negredo tbh. Will probably end up putting Iniesta in as well.

**** it, Negredo in and captained. Mon.

Brilliant stuff, 1 point :D Ozil tomorrow it is, then.

The desperate Negredo move didn't work out all that well. :(

I can do the sensible thing and give the armband to Özil, but all this Fantasy-Euro-thing has gone so poorly I might as well have some more fun and give it to Balotelli.

What's the chances of Bender starting for Germany tomorrow then?

He only started because Boateng was suspended for last group game then got dropped for QF when Boateng was back so would say he'll be on the bench tonight.

I had Rui Patricio, Arbeloa and Jordi Alba last night with the latter as captain. Also had Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets getting me a massive 3 points each! Got Hummels, Boateng, Schweinsteiger, Gomez and Podolski for tonight. No idea why i put 2 Germans in attack but maybe it will pay off.

I currently have 6 Spaniards (probably five as Negredo is one of them) and 3 Italians, so will have a full XI with players to spare.

I had forgotten that we had people coming over to our place in the evening, so I forgot to sub in Cassano for Negredo, and didn't change the captaincy to Balotelli either. Still, got 56 points, which by the looks of it is my first good score this tournament.

Casillas

Piqué

Jordi Alba

Arbeloa

Xabi Alonso

Iniesta

Fàbregas

Busquets

Torres

Pedro Rodríguez

??

-6 for that. Undecided if I'm going to put Balotelli in or take another -3 to take out Neuer and afford Silva.

Actually i might play all 4 defenders, as Fabregas, Torres or Pedro might not start. Will see when the line ups are announced.

Not that I'm expecting a Spain clean sheet. Already have 6 Spanish players and may aswell go for it.

The 4 people above me in my work league have gone the same way as me, so we're all between 50 and 70 points. Cesc as captain for me :( I might need Italy to score to lose Alba some points. Won't be winning it.

Captain Alba for me but only good enough for to end up 13th.

Tbh semis and final I picked my team really early and left it as wasn't going to win. Finished with 63 points for the final, probably my highest of the tournament. Pathetic

Archived