SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

December 2030 - Continued

Champions League

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-4.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-2-6.png

Well sadly we couldnt break Palermo down. We have had to settle for second place in the group, but we had luck on our side in the draw as we have been draw against Marseille in the First Knockout Round.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The league is looking increasingly difficult now. :(

Also Shamrock Rovers in the latter tages of the Champions League. :cool:

yeah echo tomtuck's comments, looks like Barcelona could really start to get a lead on you, your next game with them will be massive! Also, Shamrock in the k/o rounds is crazy! Would be impressive for a human manager let alone the AI! :D

Yeah the league is looking out of the question at the moment. I am pleased though because it shows how difficult breaking Real Madrid and Barcelona is really. It also gives me a much bigger challenge than what I have had at any of my previous clubs. Probably the biggest challenge I have had since Darlington really because getting them to perform at such a high standard was very difficult.

Regarding Shamrock, it is an excellent achievement. They came second in a group consisting of Liverpool, Sampdoria and Shakhtar :thup:.

Knew you'd get out the group with ease, Marseille are beatable too.

Yeah it looked pretty straight forward in the end. I just wish we had been a little more clinicle. chuffed with the Marseille draw.

Buying/Selling: Buying

Player Name: Lasha Baramidze

Your Team: At.Madrid

Buyer/Seller: Arsenal

Player's Value: £17m

Offer: £32-34m

Transfer/Wage Budget: Enough

Patch: 12.0

Season: 2030/31

He is transfer listed by request and he would be brought in as a big money replacement for the ageing Carlos Antunes. Thoughts?

He is transfer listed by request and he would be brought in as a big money replacement for the ageing Carlos Antunes. Thoughts?

I don't think I would as he is 25 and I don't think he's a scratch on your Carlos.

You can find someone better for cheaper imo.

He doesn't impress me, maybe a bit too costly.
I don't think I would as he is 25 and I don't think he's a scratch on your Carlos.
You can find someone better for cheaper imo.
Antunes looks like he has 2 or 3 years left easily - you could definitely find someone better for less in that sort of timeframe.

Cheers lads. I have opted against signing him :thup:.

You can do a lot better than that - his crossing and pace should be higher for a winger., not to mention at least 13 in finishing.

sell the Georgian, Antunes is double the player he is now and will be even if he starts declining in a year or 2

and i think you can get a better player then Baramidze , i got 1 left 1 right winger both for around 2 mil when i took the job at sampdoria who are better then Baramidze, just keep looking and have a lot of backroom meetings

Yeah, I'll echo the don't buy, doesn't really impress me that much :) Shame Barcelona is starting to build an unassailable lead, but at least your above the other Madrid ;)

Pretty good draw in the Champions League as well, Marseille should be beatable!

He is too costly and is not as good as the player ur replacing
You can do a lot better than that - his crossing and pace should be higher for a winger., not to mention at least 13 in finishing.
sell the Georgian, Antunes is double the player he is now and will be even if he starts declining in a year or 2

and i think you can get a better player then Baramidze , i got 1 left 1 right winger both for around 2 mil when i took the job at sampdoria who are better then Baramidze, just keep looking and have a lot of backroom meetings

Yeah, I agree with the no-buy decision.

Granted I never have such transfer kitties at my disposal, but I would think you could find a similar player for half of that offer.

Yeah I turned down the option to buy him.

Congrats on the SL title and the Atl. Madrid job!

Cheers fella :thup:.

Yeah, I'll echo the don't buy, doesn't really impress me that much :) Shame Barcelona is starting to build an unassailable lead, but at least your above the other Madrid ;)

Pretty good draw in the Champions League as well, Marseille should be beatable!

Damn Barcelona but at least 2nd place is a good first season then it's work up from there.Quite a good draw in the CL so good luck in beating Marseille.

Barca are just to strong for us this season but I am confident that we can get passed Marseille.

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - January 2031 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-4.png

A perfect month for us to kick off the new year. We started with a hard fought win away to Malaga before two comfortable wins over both Cordoba and Grenada to leave us a massive 8 points off leaders Barcelona and 3 points ahead of our biggest rivals, Real Madrid.

Copa Del Rey 5th Round, Quater-Final and Semi-Final 1st Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-5.png

As you can tell, we have been pretty busy in the Copa Del Rey in January. We breezed past both Xerez and Villarreal, so much that in the second leg I was able to give a lot of the younger players an opportunity to impress. The Semi-Final has drawn us against Malaga and in the first leg we more than deserved victory away from home but I am happy to settle for a 0-0 draw with the second leg still to come at the Vincent Calderon. If we manage to get through this tie we will face the winner of the Real Madrid/Gimnastic tie with Madrid leading 3-1 after their home leg.

A few transfers in January to help freshen things up but also strengthen the squad which we already have in place. We spent a bit of money, but they are all well worth the money.

Ganso - £15m - The big money signing of the window from Grenada. We have a lot of attacking minded midfielders and I thought we needed more of an all rounder.

Georges Corea - £8m - A very good striker signed from Ukranian side Karpaty. Should be a solid player once he settles in.

William Romero - £4m - A young player who actually has a 5* potential according to numerous coaches. I am really looking to see his development.

Sergio Gabilondo - Loan - Brought in on loan due to the departure of our back-up goalkeeper. At least he wont whinge.

Transfers - Out

Well there were a few departures during the January window. The two bigger deals of the month were players I signed at the start of the season on free transfers and were complaining about not getting enough first team football so I feel that we have got a decent deal out of that in all honesty. I sold Fabio to compensate for the the arrival of Ganso and against the fans wishes I decided to sell Diego Cortizo. He had just turned 34 and despite his fantastic stats, he was in the final year of his contract and I wanted to sell him rather than lose him on a free.

Still possible to catch up to Barcelona but you'll need some help from other teams...

Its going to be very tough, and as you say, we are relying on others.

Good luck holding on to second.

Cheers fella. I am pretty confident that we will.

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - February 2031 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-6.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-5.png

Another fantastic month which see's us continue our winning streak and close the gap at the top a little from eight, to six points. We started with an unbelievable win away to high flying Athletic Bilbao thanks to a first half onslaught. All four of our goals came in the first half, and despite taking our foot off the pedal in the second and conceding, it was a very comfortable game. Our next game against Gimnastic was a really hard fought one. I made a few changes and it showed. We were level at 1-1, but two late goals were enough to give us the win. We breezed past Levante before struggling to overcome Sevilla. Still, we are sitting nicely in second place and have also increased the gap between ourselves and Real.

February 2031 - Continued

Copa Del Rey Semi-Final 2nd Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-3-4.png

A hard fought win over Malaga, but a one which see's us reach the Copa Del Rey Final in my first season in charge (the club's second Final in a row). We left it until midway through the second half to grab the goal which sent us through but I was still bouncing with joy. Our opponents will be none other than Real Madrid in the Final.

Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

A truely excellent performance and result pretty much puts us into the next round unless something remarkable happens in the second leg.

Slowly edging your way to the top, the next match with Barca will be big!
Agreed. It might take a head to head win in the match against Barca for you to have a chance at the league title.

Our next game against Barca is at the Nou Camp and is sandwiched in between an away tie against Valencia and a home game against Real Madrid. Those three games will make or break our season I feel.

Beat Barca for me, will you? And, I don't normally say this, but beat Real too. Doing well in the CL, could win a cup double(And maybe even a treble!!)

Haha I will try. I cant see us claiming the treble in all honesty, but I am highly optomistic in the Copa Del Rey. Man Utd have just beaten Real Madrid 9-1 on aggregate (including 6-1 away from home) so I can sense us putting a few past them.

The Champions League final 8 is between us, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Palermo, Fiorentina and Barcelona.

Looking good so far,hope you can finish the season in style.Hope you smash Real in the Copa del Rey final :D

Cheers fella :thup:. Beating Real is now the aim of the season ;).

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - March 2031 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-8.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-6.png

Technically this was a very good month, but finally the pressure of trying to keep up with Barcelona has taken its toll on us. We got off to a good start in the month with two solid away wins against Espanyol and Osasuna. This was followed up with a brilliant display infront of our own fans against Valladolid. We went to Zaragoza in our next game and despite our struggles at times we grabbed two important goals to keep us in touch with Barca. Sadly however, our brilliant winning streak of 12 games came to an end with a poor performance at home to Cartagena. Despite taking the lead they pegged us back and eventually took the lead themselves. We went all out for the last half hour and although we grabbed an equiliser, we were unable to grab the decisive third goal as we dropped points and slipped further behind Barcelona.

Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-8.png

A very disciplined performance in France see's us comfortably into the next round. We have been handed the best possible draw in the Quater-Final and a game we must look to win. If we manage to get through then we will face either of the Manchester clubs in the Semi-Final.

In any normal season that would be seen as a brilliant month, but somehow it has meant you have slipped further behind the Catalans.

Good aggreate win over Marseille, and a very decent draw for the quarter finals.

Yeah. I would probably be saying the same thing myself if I wasnt competing against Barca in all fairness.

I feel a Atletico Madrid - Barcelona Champions League final is on the cards :D

The all Manchester quarter final is quite tasty too.

I hope not. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a tie against Liverpool :p.

Archived