SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really enjoyed catching up on this career and the new chapter at Galatasaray. They are a team close to my heart so my choice would be to stay with them. However, as Daz and Raware say, if you don't take the Hoffenhiem job now, you may never get the chance again...
But if you take the Hoffeinheim job you might not be able to give Galatasaray their best season ever
great career, enjoyed following your progress so far. I say take the Hoffenhiem job.

I am weighing up both options and I will make a decision when I get home this evening. At present, I dont have a bloody clue :(.

Keep the advice coming guys.

Reject it. I rejected TFC twice in the same save before to stay at my clubs. :D

I like GS to the point where I will advise you to stay.

Stay with Galatasaray, build something special with them.

Noted your opinions down.

Can you delay it to the end of the season ? Anywayz your doing brilliantly with Galatasaray :)

I cant sadly or I would have already.

Go to Hoffenheim. You've always said in the GPTG thread you wanted it. Go, Go, Go !!!!!!!!!
I was just about to ask if you could delay it until the end of the season. Personally I would stay with Galatasary but I think you would enjoy it more moving to Hoffenheim.
Destination Hoffenheim! Galatasaray will miss you, but you just have to do it. It's a journeyman career, some trips are short, some are longer. Turkey was apparently short one.
I would say Hoffenheim as well :) If a club dear to your heart comes calling, its kismet.

A decision is coming up.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-31.png

So I have turned down the opportunity to manage Hoffenheim. In the end I just couldnt do it.

I have been at Galatasaray for less than half a year and I didnt think it was right to leave them in the lurch, even if it was for a club I want to join. I have decided that I will see out the season in Turkey and then make my next decision from there.

Wow Hoffenheim! Gotta go boss, I've got a great save going with Newcastle, but with KK going today it makes me wanna go back to my Liverpool save to save them! If Hoffenheim is your club go for it!

BTW have had a re-read through the thread, saw that Portsmouth had dropped like a stone early on it your save. Any sign of a white knight coming into save them???

Wow Hoffenheim! Gotta go boss, I've got a great save going with Newcastle, but with KK going today it makes me wanna go back to my Liverpool save to save them! If Hoffenheim is your club go for it!

BTW have had a re-read through the thread, saw that Portsmouth had dropped like a stone early on it your save. Any sign of a white knight coming into save them???

Yeah I really like Hoffenheim, but as you can see it wasnt the right time sadly.

Regarding Pompey, following their relegation to the BSS in 2021/22, they spent a few seasons there, finally getting promoted in 2025/26. This was followed by yet another promotion the following season and they have spent the last 2 seasons in League 2.

Hope staying pays off.

Based off how well we have started I fully expect to go on and win the league. I will be disappointed if we dont.

englandnationalteamb_151661-1.jpg

SRL88's Career - November 2029 - England

World Cup Qualifying Play-Off's

EnglandFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

Without a doubt one of the greatest comebacks in football. We were woeful in the first leg and despite matching Serbia for efforts on goal we were never really in the game. They dominated posession and deserved their win. I honestly dont know what to say about the second leg except wow!!!! A brilliant performance somehow resulted in a 6-0 win as we qualified for the World Cup.

images.jpg

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-32.png

Longstaff Quits England

In what is quite possibly one of the biggest shocks in recent history, Steven Longstaff stepped down as the Manger of the England National Football Team today after guiding the nation to the 2030 FIFA World Cup. In one of the greatest comebacks in football history, England came back from a 4-0 defeat at the hands of Serbia and somehow pulled off an amazing 6-0 win to book their place in Italy next year.

Following the game Longstaff described the moment as one of his greatest achievements in football, but a mere 24 hours later, having qualified for the World Cup, England find themselves without a Manager heading into the biggest tournament in world football. At a press conference yesterday in London, Steven Longstaff said "despite guiding my home nation to the World Cup next year, I have made my feelings known to The FA that I no longer wish to continue as the Manager of the England National Team". The FA have made their feelings known that they werent pleased with the teams failure to automatically qualify for the World Cup, but having qualified via the Play-Off's they were set allow Longstaff the World Cup to prove he was the man for the job.

Longstaff added, "When I resigned as Manager of Liverpool Football Club at the end of last season I said that I wanted to solely focus on one job, but after receiving an offer from Galatasaray and after speaking to my family I realised that I wanted to step back into club management. Now, having qualifed for the World Cup and after facing immense pressure from the fans, the media and also The FA I feel that I am no longer able to continue in my role as England Manager. I feel that I have achieved my original target of qualifying for the World Cup, but that obviously wasnt enough. After acheiving what I have in the game during my managerial career I dont feel that I have anything to prove to anyone, but others clearly feel different. I now want to focus my full attention on the rest of the season in Turkey without any other distractions and I wish whoever my replacement is the best of luck".

Following this statement, Longstaff abruptly left the room and left FA Headquaters for the last time as The FA once again start the process of finding a new Manager.

Have just caught up on your thread again, 6 pages of thrilling reading since I last looked! Congratulations with Liverpool, hope they can continue what is now a tradition for them.

Interesting move back to Turkey, at least you already have a feel for the footballing atmosphere there from previous experience. Completely agree with your Hoffenheim decision, I think uprooting your family again and moving could have detrimental effect and certainly put a strain on your marriage, not to mention moving kids from schools especially one country to another. You expect loyalty from players, why shouldn't they expect loyalty from you

With regards England, you were quite right to speak your mind. Qualification is qualification after all whichever way you look at it. The FA don't deserve your managerial expertise and I feel they may come out with a statement in the near future regretting the way they treated such a bright young manager.

Good luck with the rest of the season, I feel you can make GS a dominant force on the European scene. Looking forward to reading much more. :thup:

200px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

SRL88's Career - November 2029 - Galatasaray SK

Super Lig

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-5.png

TurkishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

Another unbeaten month for us which see's us remain clear at the top of the table. We started with a frustrating draw away from home. I made numerous changes to accomodate for Eurupe and we werent quite at the races. A solid 2-0 home win followed before a very annoying 2-2 draw against bottom of the table Goztepe. We twice went in from against them only to be pegged back. A late penalty gave them a point. A very nice home win rounded off the month in fine fashion.

November 2029 - Continued

Champions League

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-2-3.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-14.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-33.png

Two fantastic win's in Europe see us qualify from the group with a game to spare. We put ourselves well and truely in pole position with a brilliant 4-1 win over Bayern. The decisive game which saw us qualify from the group was a brilliant 5-1 over Rangers.

A couple of tough job decisions there, but I think it was for the best. I don't think I could leave a club so soon either :D Still looking great with Galatasaray this season, hopefully the Champions League draw is kind to you!

That took balls to step down from England as you did, but it was a good decision. :thup:

I think so. As soon as I qualified I got the message from The FA that they werent satisfied with having to go through the Play-Off's. Then I checked the fans view and it was similar. I thought screw this.

Great read. Only took me 2hours. :D

It would have taken you longer if I wasnt stupid and deleted all my posts :D. They will be back up at some point as well ha.

A couple of tough job decisions there, but I think it was for the best. I don't think I could leave a club so soon either :D Still looking great with Galatasaray this season, hopefully the Champions League draw is kind to you!

Im hoping that Rangers do us a big favour and hold Bayern to a draw at Ibrox. Then if we win in Belgium we will top the group. If not, then I only want to draw Porto in the Knockout Round ha.

Have just caught up on your thread again, 6 pages of thrilling reading since I last looked! Congratulations with Liverpool, hope they can continue what is now a tradition for them.

Interesting move back to Turkey, at least you already have a feel for the footballing atmosphere there from previous experience. Completely agree with your Hoffenheim decision, I think uprooting your family again and moving could have detrimental effect and certainly put a strain on your marriage, not to mention moving kids from schools especially one country to another. You expect loyalty from players, why shouldn't they expect loyalty from you

With regards England, you were quite right to speak your mind. Qualification is qualification after all whichever way you look at it. The FA don't deserve your managerial expertise and I feel they may come out with a statement in the near future regretting the way they treated such a bright young manager.

Good luck with the rest of the season, I feel you can make GS a dominant force on the European scene. Looking forward to reading much more. :thup:

Cheers for the comment fella :thup:. I really appreciate it.

The bolded text, great reply ;).

Im not sure if I will be around long enough to take Galatasaray to be a European force, but time will tell.

I hope my Milan side were watching the Serbia game :D

I sent the each player a Twitter message telling them to watch so I am sure they did ;).

Hello Ladies & Gentleman

Just to let you all know that tomorrow I am going on holiday for 2 weeks so I wont be able to continue this fantastic save until I get back. I am hoping that, depending on how much I play tonight that I might be able to get a couple more updates on here for you fine people to read. I get back home in the early hours of June 1st so it will be sometime from then on that I will let you know that I am back.

I really hope that I can get a few updates on tonight, but if I dont then you know why. Heck, I might even be unfortunate enough to bump into TomTuck's ugly mug considering we are staying 10mins away from each other. Im sure I will know that guy if I saw him and vise versa.

Enjoy your holidays! After the English decision, I can understand the need to just get away for a bit. Put the assistant in charge in Turkey and hit the beach ;)

Oh :( Well see you tonight and in June.

I will be thinking about FM for the next two weeks I promise you that.

I'm assuming this is a scouting mission of Europe that you are going on? :cool:

I hope not. Im in 2029 on the game. They will all be past it if I am scouting players into todays world :lol:.

Going well in Turkey! Good decision to stay, IMO :thup:

Cheers fella.

Enjoy your holidays! After the English decision, I can understand the need to just get away for a bit. Put the assistant in charge in Turkey and hit the beach

Cheer cerud. I will definitely be sunning it up.

200px-Galatasaray_Sports_Club_Logo.png

SRL88's Career - December 2029 - Galatasaray SK

Super Lig

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

TurkishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-3.png

We enter the winter break in a very comanding position. We managed to fight ourselves to a 3-3 draw against Bucaspor with 10 men which really pleased me. What followed though were two fantastic performances and results. In the two Istanbul Derbies we put in two brilliant displays. An amazing 7-0 win over Besiktas sent us into a big tie against Fenerbahce. Despite falling behind, we didnt allow our heads to drop. We came back to lead 2-1 before being pegged back. However, an injury time goal gave us a massive 3 points as we beat our biggest rivals 3-2.

December 2029 - Continued

Champions League

GalatasaraySKFixtures_Fixtures-2-4.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-15.png

Thank you Rangers :D. We done our job in Belgium with a very assured display and a 2-0 win, but Rangers have done us a massive favour. With Bayern failing to win we have managed to top our group. This fantastic achievement has set up a tough, but we very winnable tie against Sampdoria in the First Knockout Round.

First off,congrats on surpassing Man Utd's title haul and well done on making a brilliant start with Galatasaray.Good turn around with the England-Serbia game and nice to see you leave on your on own terms then getting sacked :D

Heck, I might even be unfortunate enough to bump into TomTuck's ugly mug considering we are staying 10mins away from each other. Im sure I will know that guy if I saw him and vise versa.

That's just not on! :mad:

------------------

Wow, you miss a little, you miss alot! Great end to your long stay at Liverpool - achieving what you set out to do must have been very satisfying.

However, you did your best to knob it up with England, and I feel it was right for you to quit.

Good luck with Galatasary, can't wait for the updates once you're back from your holibobs.

Top of the league in December, well done. Keep it up :D

Also well done on getting through the group stages of the CL.

Cheers fella. It has been a great first half to the season.

Looking good going into your holiday. Sampdoria should be beatable.

I agree. We could have had a much tougher draw.

Perfect season in the league?

Perfect? No, because of the draws but having got to this stage I dont see any reason why we cant remain unbeaten.

First off,congrats on surpassing Man Utd's title haul and well done on making a brilliant start with Galatasaray.Good turn around with the England-Serbia game and nice to see you leave on your on own terms then getting sacked :D

Cheers mate. Surpassing Man Utd was a great achievement and I am delighted I done it. I just hope the new Manager continues where I left off.

I couldnt have wished for a better start with Galatasaraty to be fair and I am glad I stepped down from the England job because the pressure I felt was high.

That's just not on! :mad:

------------------

Wow, you miss a little, you miss alot! Great end to your long stay at Liverpool - achieving what you set out to do must have been very satisfying.

However, you did your best to knob it up with England, and I feel it was right for you to quit.

Good luck with Galatasary, can't wait for the updates once you're back from your holibobs.

You know you smiled slightly!!!

Yeah reaching my target was very satisfying and I glad I left on a high. I do miss Chris Ord though.

I nearly screwed things right up with England. I still put it down to the qualifty of the regens on the game because they are pretty crap.

Yes I have posted....but I am not back off my holiday just yet, which means yes, I am using a computer abroad (but with the intention of checking my bank account - I couldnt resist temptation).

I get home late tomorrow night so I will be getting back into the game from then on :thup:.

Will you go back to Liverpool if Man U takes the record back?

I havent thought about it to be honest. I would consider it but not until I have travelled the globe a bit.

EvrenTandoganOverview_Attributes.png

KadirorluOverview_Attributes.png

MahirMertOverview_Attributes.png

Just agreed to sign these three on pre-contracts and they will join at the end of the season. They all class as home grown so that will help with the Turkish rules in the league.

Archived