SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dare say you must have played Barca by now - hoping you got at least a point!

I have indeed. It will be in my February update when I get round to it. After the Barca game, Real Madrid at home :rolleyes:.

Very close at the top with Barca, lets hope you can get a result against them.

Cheers fella. As I mentioned in the above comment (quote), I have already played the game.

Hope it was a memorable landmark game.

Time will tell for you lot :D.

Doing well so far,Barcelona are being a real pain though.Hope you can shake them off.

They certainly are. Its going to be a very tense run-in.

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - February 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-19.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-16.png

Well this turned out to be a very good month for us actually. The all important game at the Nou Camp ended in disappointment in terms of result, but not in terms of performance. I got our tactics spot on and they just couldnt break us down. That was until two of our players had to go off the field for treatment and they took advantage of our 9 men. It was such a shame that this was the decisive moment in such an important game. We did bounce back in style though with a brilliant 2-0 win at home to Real Madrid.

We continued the 2-0 trend at home to Real Betis before putting in a brilliant display against Levante to come away with a brilliant 3-0 win as ourselves and Barcelona matched each other to go into the final game of the month on level points. We dominated Gimnastic but not for the first time this season we went down to 10 men and then struggled to get a grip on the game. Luck was on our side however as Gimnastic didnt really create many chances and we hit them on the break to grab the only goal of the game. With this vital 3pts and the fact that Malaga held Barca to a draw means that we hold a 2pt lead at the top of the table.

February 2032 - Continued

Copa Del Rey Semi-Final 2nd Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-18.png

Well we got the job done but had to rely on the away goals rule. We werent at our best but thankfully it didnt matter and in the process set up a tie against Barcelona in the Final.

Champions League First Knockout Round 1st Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-3-13.png

What a shocking defensive display this was. We conceded 2 penalties and 2 own goals. I am actually fuming with the players after the performance and we really need to buck our ideas up if we are going to get through this tie.

Despite losing to Barcelona, in the end February turned out excellent for you!

As you job done in the Copa del Rey, and even though it wasn't an ideal result against Fiorentina, I don't see why you can't get the job done back in Spain.

Despite losing to Barcelona, in the end February turned out excellent for you!

As you job done in the Copa del Rey, and even though it wasn't an ideal result against Fiorentina, I don't see why you can't get the job done back in Spain.

Yeah it was. I think it will go down to the final day though and we still have to play Real Madrid at the Bernabeau.

If we are going to beat Fiorentina we will have to be a lot better defensively if we are going to stand any chance of getting through.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2032 - Brazil

Friendly

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

Well its a work in progress still with Brazil. We played some good stuff against Scotland but their defensive tactic limited us to shots from distance (I think they learnt from TomTuck ;)). We had numerous opportunities but just couldnt find the back of the net. Hopefully this will change when we get round to the qualifiers.

Shame about Barca game, but great work going two points clear at the top... Barca are scoring some serious amounts of goals though 82 in 25?? You'll definitely have your work cut out for you. Good luck getting back at Viola!

Shame about Barca game, but great work going two points clear at the top... Barca are scoring some serious amounts of goals though 82 in 25?? You'll definitely have your work cut out for you. Good luck getting back at Viola!

Yeah they are scoring a crazy amount of goals. Its beyond a joke. On average they have scored 3.28 goals per game.

Going pretty well, shame about the Barcelona game but beating Real Madrid was a good way to bounce back.

It certainly was. Probably the best game we could have had to be fair because it refocused us very quickly.

Any team that can manage 3.28 goals per game doesn't even need a defense!

Haha. Only 12 goals conceded for them, but still not as good as my defence ;).

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - March 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-20.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-17.png

Another excellent month for us which see's us extend our winning streak to eight games and also making it eight clean sheets in a row in the process. Also if you notice, we are 2pts clear of Barca with a game in hand thanks to Sevilla doing us a favour and pulling off a miracle and beating Barca 1-0 at the Nou Camp. We started with a 5-0 win over Sociedad before a hard fought 1-0 win away to Grenada. They are one of the few teams who make it extremely difficult for us every time we play them. A nice win over a tough Malaga side followed before we rounded off the month with a solid win over struggling Cartagena.

Champions League First Knockout Round 2nd Leg and Quater-Final 1st Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-19.png

Well we got the job done against Fiorentina. We flew out the blocks and raced in to a 2-0 lead which would have been enough, but they scored in the second half which would have knocked us out. It looked to be going that way with just 10 minutes left, but two late goals were enough to send us through.

Like the first leg against Fiorentina, we were shocking defensively against Man City and have left ourselves with all the hard work to do at home.

Super stuff in the league and great work against Fiorentina. However, I can't see you doing it in the return leg against City. :(
Man City is not impossible, but I don't fancy your chances, I do in the league however.

Yeah I think our Champions League hopes are all but over this season, but having won it last year I pretty much set all out to lift the La Liga trophy and that was the overall aim of the season.

Trophy_Liga.gif

Race for La Liga

How we Stand

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-18.png

So we go into the final two months of the season with a 2pt lead AND a game in hand over Barcelona.

Remaining Fixtures

Atletico Madrid

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-21.png

Although we have our game in hand (at home to Sporting), we face some pretty tricky away ties, none more so than against Real Madrid. We are going to have our work cut out, but then we have all season and just look at our record.

Barcelona

FCBarcelonaFixtures_Fixtures-1.png

If Im honest, I would much rather have Barca's fixtures. Yes they have some tough away ties themselves, but the amount of goals they have scored this season doesnt lead me to think they will have much trouble. Here is to me hoping that Valencia, Athletic Bilbao and Real can do me a favour.

A great last 8 games, no goals conceded! Keep it going!

Good luck with the rest of the season!

Cheers fella. Getting to the squeeky bum part of the season now.

A 2 point lead over 8 matches is not much. Still have a job to do, but it looks like you should be fine :)

I completely agree with you. It is far from over, but I would much rather be 2pts ahead rather than 2pts behind.

Very tricky matches left on both sides with Athletic, Valencia, Real Madrid (+ Sevilla for you). Do i remember correctly that Barca beat Valencia 7-0? I have every faith you can pull it off - all you need is one slip up from them and you should be in the clear. Good luck!

Very tricky matches left on both sides with Athletic, Valencia, Real Madrid (+ Sevilla for you). Do i remember correctly that Barca beat Valencia 7-0? I have every faith you can pull it off - all you need is one slip up from them and you should be in the clear. Good luck!

Yeah they did. They have been unreal this season in terms of goals per game.

I have an update up and coming after my next game ;).

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - April 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-22.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-19.png

Well we are nearly there. We are on the brink of being crowned La Liga Champions now!!! Another fantastic month for us which started with a solid win away to Getafe. We then faced a tricky tie away to Sevilla and despite falling behind we grabbed a goal in each half to get another vital 3pts. A solid win over Valencia followed and we were helped further by Barca losing 2-1 away to Bilbao. A good point away our biggest rivals followed and was further added to by the fact that Barca drew away to Tenerife. In our final game of the month we came from a goal down against Bilbao to win 4-1 and leaves us 5pts clear at the top of the table with 4 games left and a game in hand.

Champions League Quater-Final 2nd Leg and Semi-Final

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-20.png

Well, well, well!!! What a comeback against Man City. 3-0 down from the first leg, we went all out against City with nothing to lose and pulled off the impossible. A brilliant 4-0 win set up a Semi-Final tie against Porto. We really had our work cut out in Portugal, falling behind twice inside the first half but levelling it twice. We then scored a third in the second half and despite all of Porto's pressure we held on to leave us in the drivers seat. In the second leg we were solid and got the job done. A 2-0 win means we are in our second Champions League Final in a row and in the process, we will meet my former club, and the club I love, Liverpool.

Yes, well done against Man City! Turned around a tie with Milan once by winning 5-0 at home which was why I felt you could still do it, but wasn't sure you were on that level.

Yes, well done against Man City! Turned around a tie with Milan once by winning 5-0 at home which was why I felt you could still do it, but wasn't sure you were on that level.

Cheeky git :p.

I was absolutely shocked to see us actually pull it off to be honest. Man City just couldnt live with our relentless attacking play.

Nearly there in the league mate, keep it going!

Liverpool in the final, that will be weird for you!

As you may see, we have indeed won the league and it wasnt thanks to our own result.

Playing Liverpool will certainly be weird.

250px-Copa-del-rey_svg.png

Final

Road to Madrid

Barcelona

FCBarcelonaFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

Barca got their cup campaign off to a fine start with two big wins over Alcorcon. For the second season in a row they faced Real Madrid in the 5th Round. Despite a 2-0 loss in Madrid they came back to take the second leg to penalties and knocked the holders out. They managed to come behind from a first leg defeat at home to Betis in the next round to book their place in the Semi-Final where they got past Levante pretty easily.

At.Madrid

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-23.png

We started with a nice win over lower league opposition which included us breaking a couple of records in the process. We then put in two solid displays against Valencia to comfortably book our place in the next round. Grenada gave us a real test in the Quater-Final and we rode our luck at times but managed to come through. This set up a Sem-Final tie against Osasuna where we lost the first leg 2-1 away from home. In the return leg we managed to grab the only goal of the game which booked our place in the Final on the away goals rule.

BarcelonavAtMadridInformation_Overview-2.png

Summary

Such a shame the way our cup run ended. Barcelona showed their class, but I honestly feel that if we hadnt conceded those two goals right on half time it would have been a different story. We had to push hard in the second half, even hitting the woodwork twice but in our efforts to get back into the game, Barca scored a fourth on the counter to effectively seal the game and gain some sort of revenge on us for taking their La Liga crown off them.

As you may see, we have indeed won the league and it wasnt thanks to our own result.

Playing Liverpool will certainly be weird.

Yes, I seen it! Well done.

Good luck the rest of the season!

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-2-26.png

Always nice to see a few players achknowledged for a fine season.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-59.png

A fine debut season with Atletico for a fantastic goalkeeper who kept 21 clean sheets in 32 games in the league all season, conceding just 12. Not bad for a free transfer.

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-3-10.png

Why thank you kind sir.

757523com320pxuefa.png

Final

Route to the Final

At.Madrid

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-3-14.png

A somewhat thrilling run to Cardiff for ourselves this season. Unlike last year, we were brilliant this season in the group stage, winning all six of our games to ensure that we finished top. Once we hit the Knockout Phase things got a little more interesting. We drew Italian side Fiorentina in the First Knockout Round, a team who we beat pretty comfortably in last season's Quater-Final. The first leg was very poor on our behalf. We were shocking defensively and pretty lucky to come away just two goals behind. We got the job done in the return leg with a fantastic 4-1 win to set up a tie against Man City in the next round. After the Quater-Final 1st Leg I thought that was it. I really thought we were out but how wrong I was. An unbelievable comeback followed and we booked our place in the Semi-Final. Things were a little more comfortable against Porto and we managed to win both legs to make our second European Final in a row.

Liverpool

LiverpoolFixtures_Fixtures-20.png

An excellent run for The Reds this season which has seen them remain unbeaten throughout. They were excellent in the group stage, dropping points in just one game to finish top of their group. They had a much tougher run to the Final than ourselves. A brilliant draw in Milan was followed up with an emphatic win at Anfield. Two fantastic displays against Barcelona followed in which they scored four goals on each occassion to ensure that an English team would be in the Final. Another two wins, this time over Man Utd sealed Liverpool's spot in the Final and the short journey to Cardiff.

AtMadridvLiverpoolInformation_Overview-1.png

Summary

I am actually in awe of this!! This is one of my greatest achievements on FM. To win the European Cup is one thing, but to do it two years in a row is another. I was surprised at how quick we flew out the traps, scoring inside the opening 10 minutes through Lucas. The same player then went and scored again just past the half hour mark before Liverpool had a man sent off. Despite being down to 10 men, they pulled one back just after the break. Despite a slight bit of pressure from Liverpool, we were the better team for the remainder of the game and should have sealed the game with the chances we had.

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - May 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-24.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-20.png

Another fine month and a great way to end the season. A very nice win away to Villarreal followed by Barca's failure to beat Osasuna sealed the league title for us with three games to go. We then finished off with three very nice wins at home, scoring three in each game before liftng the La Liga Trophy on the final day of the season.

May 2032 - Continued

Copa Del Rey Final

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-21.png

Sadly Barcelona got the better of us in the Copa Del Rey Final. We were evenly matched throughout the first half, but two goals on the stroke of half time are what I feel were game changing moments. If we could have got in level at the break I feel it would have been a different game, but we will never know.

Champions League Final

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-25.png

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes!!! A second European Cup in a row. Great work!!!

Unlucky against Barca but well done beating Liverpool! :thup:

Whats the plan now - stay in Spain and overtake Barca as te most dominant club or move on since you've won domestically and in Europe?

Wowsa! What a turbulent and fantastic end to the season. Honestly cannot quite fathom how you overturned Man City to come back and then beat Liverpool in the final. And what a league run in the end! Real shame about the Copa del Rey final, but I am guessing you don't mind having won both La Liga and CL! Congratulations!

Archived