SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2032 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifer

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-8.png

WorldCupSouthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-5.png

A very solid performance against Paraguay as we pick up yet another three points to keep ourselves on track to qualify for the 2034 World Cup.

Friendly

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

A very entertaining and even game between first in the world (Italy) and second in the world (us). Italy took the lead through a dubious penalty but our captain and record breaking appearence maker Joao levelled things for us before half time. When the changes were made in the second half the game became stretched and both sides had chances to win the game but it just wasnt to be.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting move to Argentina- I really enjoyed my time there with Estudiantes; it's pretty end-to-end most of the time :D

Right back on track with Brazil too- we'll see you at the 2032 World Cup :)

Very good stuff.

Cheers fella.

Do you promise?

Yeah I do because I know we will get there :p.

Good work with Boca,if you fail to qualify with Brazil then you fully deserve whatever happens.

I will be in line for a firing squad :D.

Interesting move to Argentina- I really enjoyed my time there with Estudiantes; it's pretty end-to-end most of the time.

Right back on track with Brazil too- we'll see you at the 2032 World Cup.

Cheers fella. I am really enjoying it so far.

More likely to be the 2034 World Cup.
Yep, that's the fellow

Yeah I dont think I could reach the 2032 World Cup for some reason :lol:.

I assume you play each South American nation twice? Looking like an easy qualification for you.

Yeah you do. 8 more games to go, all in 2033.

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - November 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-6.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-4.png

Another excellent month for us leaves us on the brink of winning our first Apertura since 2024. We started with an unbelievably hard fought win over Colon before a very comfortable away day to Estudiantes. This was followed with a nice 3-0 win against against the side I opted against joining, Belgrano. We were really struggling for players in our final game of the month. We had a couple of suspensions but a lot of players were exhausted. We struggled along and managed to claim a 1-1 draw but we are well and truely on course to win the Apertura.

SRL88's Career - December 2032 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-7.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-5.png

Two brilliant win's see us remain unbeaten throughout the whole first half of the season whilst also clinching the Apertura in the process. The game which sealed the title was a massive 5-1 win over second place Argentinos. We followed this up with a comfortable win over Tucuman as we finished the Apertura 8pts ahead of our nearest rivals.

The league is now reset and each team starts the Clausura on 0pts.

Copa Argentina 5th Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-8.png

A very nice win over San Lorenzo. We were very comfortable throughout and deserved our 2-0 win. We move into the 6th Round now where we face second division San Martin.

COPA_L1.jpg

Copa Libertadores Group Stage Draw

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages.png

StevenLongstaffNews_Inbox-76.png

To be honest, I didnt even know we were in the Libertadores because the club finished 14th in the league last season. Oh well, I wont complain about that, but this is a right stinker of a group. Santos and Cruz Azul are going to be really tough, both home and away so I am not looking forward to them. This will be a challenging group to get out of.

SRL88's Career - Mid-Season - 2032/33 - Boca Juniors

Friendlies

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-9.png

Due to the fact that there is a two month break between the end of the Apertura and the start of the Clausura I set up some friendlies to keep the lads in shape and match fit. We done quite well in the mid-season friendlies and the results seemed to have kept confidence pretty high.

Transfers - In

During the mid-season transfer window, each club is only allowed to sign two players. I would like to have brought in a left back on loan but this just wasnt possible as I had already allocated my two signing spots.

Hernan Ojeda - Free - The third time I will be managing him in his fantastic career. He was fantastic for me at Liverpool and one of my key players for numerous years. He also had a good season for me in my first season at Atletico before being demoted to back-up. His experience will be vital.

Ariel Fagiani - £200k - A young player who is rated at 4* potential. Had a fantastic debut by scoring after coming off the bench.

Well done winning the Apertrua.

But as you say, tough luck in the Libertadores.

Cheers Tom :thup:.

Yeah I am not looking forward to the Libertadores fixtures :(.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - February 2033 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifer

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-9.png

WorldCupSouthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-6.png

A first class performance away to Bolivia gave us a thoroughly deserved 3-0 win to leave us sitting comfortably at the top of the group. My former striker for Atletico, Santos was on fire during this game assisting all three goals and running the Bolivian defence ragged.

Congrats on winning the Apertura and it is quite a tough group in the Copa Libertadores but I have confidence in your managerial skills.

As for Brazil,it's only a matter of time before you qualify.

Congrats on winning the Apertura and it is quite a tough group in the Copa Libertadores but I have confidence in your managerial skills.

As for Brazil,it's only a matter of time before you qualify.

Hmmmmmm. Im not sure if I am as confident as I was in the first half of the season.

SRL88's Career - February 2033 - Boca Juniors

Clausura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-10.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-6.png

A mixed start to the Clausura. We were shocking against All Boys and really should have been beat by more. Against Banfield we should have beat them but poor finishing cost us. They took the lead early in the game and despite shot after shot and all the pressure in the world they scored late on to ensure victory. Luckily though, we bounced back in impressive fashion with two very nice wins over Inderpendiente and Rosario.

February 2033 - Continued

Copa Libertadores

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-1.png

CopaLibertadoresOverview_Stages-1.png

A shocking performance to start off our campaign in the Libertadores. We deserved to be beaten and beaten we were. We will need to buck our ideas up if we are to get through this group.

Really enjoying the move to Boca - I spent some time at La Bombonera in the past (IRL). An absolutely appalling draw for the Libertadores though - good luck getting back on track after the loss to Oriente Petrolero

Really enjoying the move to Boca - I spent some time at La Bombonera in the past (IRL). An absolutely appalling draw for the Libertadores though - good luck getting back on track after the loss to Oriente Petrolero

Cheers dude. Glad you're enjoying it.

The Libertadores draw has been so cruel. I am noticing the gulf in class between the other South American clubs and ourselves.

Well done winning the Apertura, getting the group of death however probably isn't the best thing in the world

Yeah I think we are finding out the hard way :(.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - March 2033 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifer

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-10.png

worldcupsouthamericanqu.png

I am absolutely delighted with this result for a few reasons. 1, we have qualified for the World Cup. 2, we done so with our captain Joao injured for this game and 3, we played the game with 10 men for 75 minutes. We were 1-0 up when we had a man sent off and after that Ecuador really came into the game, levelling it just before half time. In the second half though we really grabbed hold of the game and got our deserved goal and the winner in the 80th minute.

stevenlongstaffnewsinbop.png

Sorry for being slightly inactive on this save the last few days. I have had loads of stuff to sort out for a wedding I am going to at the week-end. Luckily, tonight the mrs is going out so I have plenty of time to play on FM this evening :brock:.

Read through this thread today and has got me intrigued enough to start a journey campaign of mine own (have got 2 offers from brazil on table atm). Just a quick question, i've always been useless at tactics how do you decide which tactic you are going to implement? Your Darlington tactic must of been a work of art ;)

Read through this thread today and has got me intrigued enough to start a journey campaign of mine own (have got 2 offers from brazil on table atm). Just a quick question, i've always been useless at tactics how do you decide which tactic you are going to implement? Your Darlington tactic must of been a work of art ;)

Well thank you kind Sir :).

Regarding tactics, when I was at Kirklarelispor I used an extremely rigid 4-5-1 formation. The players were crap so I had to rely on defensive tactics and it seemed to work. At Darlington I used a 4-4-2 and again played very rigid with a deep line and built up slowly. It helped restore confidence in a side whose confidence was shot and obviously the further up the leagues we went the better the opposition so I had to play that brand of football to give us half a chance.

It was only when I went to Blackpool that I became more expressive as a manager. We played 4-4-2 there and I played a similar brand to Ian Holloway, fast attacking football. At Villa I started out 4-4-2 but also had a tactic set aside which I still use to this day and that is similar to the way Rafa Benitez had Liverpool set up in the 4-2-3-1 formation. I only used that a few times at Villa but from the second I got the Liverpool job until now it has been my one and only tactic really and its not as though I need to switch it up often to chase games.

Your welcome! and thanks for the info :)

I've decided to take over Guarani in Brazilian 2nd Division currently 9th. Have hardly any wingers! So looks like a narrow formation it is, hopefully I can change their fortunes for the better!

Your welcome! and thanks for the info :)

I've decided to take over Guarani in Brazilian 2nd Division currently 9th. Have hardly any wingers! So looks like a narrow formation it is, hopefully I can change their fortunes for the better!

I have a good formation which I use for Brazil. I posted it just after my stinking start to life with them.

Archived