SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Having a look at the league and cup winners of the years gone by on your save, Chelsea only won two trophies since you started, wow Roman wouldn't have been happy

They are just an average side now. Yeah they have had a couple of second or third place finishes, but generally they finish between 7th and their lowest position of 13th. Roman actually left the club in 2029 so hasnt been around for 3 seasons.

Shocking lol did they often spend 'big'?

Yeah they have spent big pretty much throughout, but the last couple of years in Roman's reign and the last few years they havent spent much more than £25m overall each season.

Congrats on the league and Copa Libertadores! :thup:

Cheers fella :thup:.

Simply amazing in the Libertadores dude. :)

Thank you Sir :).

A great season for WBA back in England. Also is it a error on the League cup final result, or did Nottm Forest really beat Brighton in the final 2 years in a row?
I was wandering that aswell?

It certainly was a good season for WBA. They were as high as second at one point.

Regarding the League Cup Final, yes it is correct. Nottingham Forest have beaten Brighton two years in a row in the League Cup Final.

How have those respective clubs, (Forrest and Brighton) done in your save?

In mine Forret have dropped all the way down to League 2, and have been there now for three seasons. Brighton on the other hand have remained in the Championship the whole, with a high of 7th and a low of 21st.

How have those respective clubs, (Forrest and Brighton) done in your save?

In mine Forret have dropped all the way down to League 2, and have been there now for three seasons. Brighton on the other hand have remained in the Championship the whole, with a high of 7th and a low of 21st.

Forest in the League (although I dont know what has happened to the records)

Brighton in the league

Forest have won the League Cup for the last two seasons and also lost to Sampdoria in the Europa League Final a few seasons ago.

Brighton have obviously been runners up in the League Cup the last two years, and the season before that they lost in the FA Cup Final to Newport County.

190px-Boca_Juniors_logo.png

SRL88's Career - August 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-17.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-11.png

A very nice start to the season for us. We kicked off our campaign with a solid win over San Lorenzo. This was followed up with a fantastic performance and result away to San Martin. I was annoyed that we conceded a goal though when we were 4-0 up. I hate conceding goals more than anything. Next up we destroyed Velez at home with Galvan running them ragged upfront and causing them problems all game long. Going into the game against Banfield both of our goalkeepers were out injured so we had to rely on our reserve goalkeeper. In what was a very keenly contested tie we managed to grab a very solid point with a 1-1 draw.

Very good start to the Apertura dude.

Luis De Leon and Gabriel Galvan have been well amongst the goals. :thup:

I am absolutely delighted with the start that we have made as a team and also with both De Leon and Galvan as you mentioned.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - September 2033 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifers

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-14.png

WorldCupSouthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-8.png

Another two wins as we continue our great form up as we get ever nearer to the World Cup. Like in previous games, I made a lot of changes to the squad and the starting line-up just so I can test out other players in competitive games to see if it makes any difference to their mindset. We had to rely on a late goal against Colombia before we played Chile off the park. It took my former Liverpool player Celio to grab two goals in the second half to seal the game after we were level at 1-1.

Getting better and better performances from the Brazil side is a great sign with less than a year to the World Cup.

They certainly are. Im chuffed with the fact that a lot of the fringe players are also coming into the competitive games and staking their claim.

You're certainly finding success in South America!

Congratulations for the Libertadores trophy, that was a great campaign to bounce back after a bit of a dodgy group stage (altho against difficult opponents).

Looking good in the league so far this season, but early days yet. You qualified for the Libertadores this season through being holders right?

Two trophies in your first season, well done!

The league's looking a lot closer than I thought it would be; I suppose that's one of the benefits of a 19 game competition, any half decent has a chance!

Congratulations for the Libertadores trophy, that was a great campaign to bounce back after a bit of a dodgy group stage (altho against difficult opponents).

Looking good in the league so far this season, but early days yet. You qualified for the Libertadores this season through being holders right?

Cheers fella :thup:. I was chuffed with how we performed in the Knockout Stage considering we stuttered our way through the group.

We are in the Libertadores this season yeah, but we are also in the Sudamericana as well which confused me because they are both continental competitions. Anyway, I PM'd PMLF who is the Brazilian Researcher and this is what he said:

There are two tables in Argentina:

A Libertadores table, which is based on a year, not season (ex: 2012)
A Sudamericana table, which is based on the season (ex: 2011-12)

In Argentina clubs can play both competitions in same year although this is changing now in real life.[/Code]

Two trophies in your first season, well done!

The league's looking a lot closer than I thought it would be; I suppose that's one of the benefits of a 19 game competition, any half decent has a chance!

Cheers AK :). I was surprised last season with the fact that we went unbeaten all the way through the Apertura but yet we werent exactly a mile infront of anyone, but as you say, all you need is a decent 19 games and loads of teams stand a chance of claiming either league.

Congrats on winning Libertadores after that start to the group of death. Started pretty well this year in the league. Good luck in the World Cup with Brazil and the World Club Cup in December!

Cheers :thup:.

I am really, really looking forward to the World Cup with Brazil, and I am hoping that even if we dont have a great tournament that I wont get sacked because I would like to take the side into the Copa America as well and introduce some younger players into the squad after the World Cup.

I am really, really looking forward to the World Cup with Brazil, and I am hoping that even if we dont have a great tournament that I wont get sacked because I would like to take the side into the Copa America as well and introduce some younger players into the squad after the World Cup.

Yeah, good luck with that! :D

Well done on the Libertadores win, I hated the scheduling of that competition on one save my captain retired a couple of days before the final due to it crossing the season end date.

I'm enjoying seeing you outside of Europe, any plans for what's next or not thought that far ahead?

Yeah, good luck with that! :D

Haha. I need some luck from somewhere ;).

Well done on the Libertadores win, I hated the scheduling of that competition on one save my captain retired a couple of days before the final due to it crossing the season end date.

I'm enjoying seeing you outside of Europe, any plans for what's next or not thought that far ahead?

Yeah it was rather daft with the fact that we didnt play our first group stage game until February and the whole tournament was over by June.

Regarding my plans, I have loaded up all the leagues from Uruguay & Chile, as well as already having the leagues loaded up from Brazil, USA and Mexico so I have it half planned in my head that I would like a good decade or so on the America's.

Regarding my plans, I have loaded up all the leagues from Uruguay & Chile, as well as already having the leagues loaded up from Brazil, USA and Mexico so I have it half planned in my head that I would like a good decade or so on the America's.

Oh dear, you're save's going bye-bye. :(

Oh dear, you're save's going bye-bye. :(

Is it heck. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt regarding Europe. Its nice to have a change.

I still need to manage Hoffenheim though so I do need to get round to going back into Europe at some point.

I always find Mexico great fun.

I will only go if the offer is right. I am forever being linked with clubs from that country.

Is it heck. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt regarding Europe. Its nice to have a change.

I still need to manage Hoffenheim though so I do need to get round to going back into Europe at some point.

I meant with you adding leagues during the save. Well known problem as it adds too many new players and makes the DB swell.

I meant with you adding leagues during the save. Well known problem as it adds too many new players and makes the DB swell.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Im with you now :brock:. Lets blame it on the hangover.

I dont think I have to many leagues loaded. In total this is what I have loaded up. I have removed a few since the start of the game like and could probably remove a few more, but I tend not to shut down my laptop anyway and just close the screen so FM is always running. That way I never have the worry of it not loading up :thup:.

I added leagues when I went to South America and had no problems 15 seasons or so down the line.

I added leagues when I went to South America and had no problems 15 seasons or so down the line.
Don't shoot the messenger, only relaying what I have read previously. :D

Fight, fight, fight.

SRL88's Career - September 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-18.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-12.png

A rather mixed month in truth. The game against All Boys was a typical case of just wanting the game to be over with as quickly as possible. We were very poor and I found the game hard to watch. We did bounce back nicely with a good win over Union before a trip to Racing Club. This was a game where we just couldnt score despite chance after chance. We should have trounced them but the ball just wouldnt go in the back of the net. There was a mixture of ill-fortune and poor finishing. We rounded off September with a very nice win over Newell's at home.

Copa Sudamericana Second Preliminary Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-7.png

Two very hard fought games against a good Banfield side. We won the first leg thanks to a wonder goal from our right back Sinkovec very late on in the game. I knew Banfield would be up for the second leg and they were. They took the lead in the game but we hit them excelently on the counter and managed to grab an equiliser. Despite chances at both ends the score remained at 1-1 and we managed to move into the next round.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - October 2033 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifers

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-15.png

WorldCupSouthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-9.png

So qualifying for the World Cup is over with and we rounded things off with two mixed results. We beat our biggest rivals 2-1 at home with Celio running the show. Against Uruguay we conceded a penalty early on and despite our complete dominance we just couldnt score. We were limited to shots from distance but when we finally did get through their back line we just blazed our shots over. The 1-0 loss was our first defeat for over 2 years.

SRL88's Career - October 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-19.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-13.png

A truely excellent month for us as we go level on points with All Boys at the top of the table. We started with a win over Argentinos who were top of the table at that point. It was a very hard fought game but the win was more important than the performance. We followed this up with an excellent away day performance to grab a 2-0 win. We nearly made a hash of things in our next two games, falling behind in each game but managing to come from behind to grab the win. The month was rounded off with a 1-0 win away to Ferro.

Copa Sudamericana First Round

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-2-8.png

Two excellent performances which resulted in two fantastic wins. Galvan was the star of the show with a hat-trick in each game but to put 10 goals past a team over two legs was a very pleasing thing to watch. This set up a tie against Newell's in the Quater-Final.

THe must give Uruguary some confidence heading into the World Cup. Guess you'll have to destroy them there ;)

Bad day at the office is what I would put it down to :p.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2033 - Brazil

Friendlies

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-16.png

I was slightly disappointed with my return to my home land. We took the lead thanks to a well worked set piece but England pegged us back from a set piece of their own. They scored a second in the second half and that turned out to be the winner despite numerous chances. Things were much better against Northern Ireland. We dominated possession and could have scored more but I was more than happy for 2-0.

Not too bad a start in the Apertura as well as the Copa Sudamericana.Think you should be among the favourites for the World Cup.

You say start, but in 6 games time the Apertura will be finished ;).

We will be amongst the favourites for the World Cup for sure. We are currently ranked second in the world thanks to our defeat to England and have been overtaken by Argentina.

SRL88's Career - November 2033 - Boca Juniors

Apertura

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-20.png

ArgentinePremierDivisionOverview_Stages-14.png

Three wins in the month leave us a point behind the leaders All Boys but we have an essential game in hand which I feel will decide where the title goes. Two thumping wins over Lanus and River Plate were followed by a very hard fought win over Independiente. It took a goal in injury time to give us all three points, and a goal I jumped so high that my laptop nearly fell on the floor.

Copa Sudamericana Quater-Final, Semi-Final and Final 1st Leg

BocaJuniorsFixtures_Fixtures-21.png

A brilliant run of results as we made our way to the Final, but also on the brink of claiming our first trophy of the season. We were given very tough games against both Newell's and Union, but we managed to show our class to get us through the Final. That drew us against Brazilian side Santa Cruz and with the first leg being away from home, and our current winning streak I was confident of getting a result and we did just that. A brilliant performance and an excellent result put us in a commanding position.

Archived