SRL88's FM12 Journeyman Career

SRL88

I aim to get back on my save tonight guys. I would have yesterday, but I was teaching tennis all day and actually played quite a few proper games with the kids at the school I teach at and I was goosed. Couldnt be arsed to move when I got in ha.

Tired from playing tennis with kids? Man up for goodness sake!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tired from playing tennis with kids? Man up for goodness sake!

6 hours of constantly playing tennis is rather tiring when you havent been able to do much sport thanks to torn knee ligaments I will have you know :D.

Quite a fantastic career you have had! :thup: especially at Liverpool, who are also my favourite team as well!

Think you made the right decision taking the Brazil job, doesn't come along too often!

I know you've only been in Madrid just over a year but any plans on moving abroad and out of Europe?

Quite a fantastic career you have had! :thup: especially at Liverpool, who are also my favourite team as well!

Think you made the right decision taking the Brazil job, doesn't come along too often!

I know you've only been in Madrid just over a year but any plans on moving abroad and out of Europe?

Cheers fella. Glad you have enjoyed it!!!

I do want to leave Europe to be honest with USA, Argentina or Brazil being the most likely destination. I also want to manage Hoffenheim still so I do have quite a few things on my list of things to do. Cant see myself managing in Asia, Africa or Oceania to be honest.

Did you at least beat the kids at tennis?

Of course :D. I am to competitive to get beat. I dont like losing at all so I take everything to do with sport seriously :brock:.

140px-CBF_logo_svg.png

SRL88's Career - November 2031 - Brazil

World Cup Qualifiers

BrazilFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

WorldCupSouthAmericanQualifyingSectionOverview_Stages-1.png

Two excellent performances in November from us, but sadly just the one victory. We beat Bolivia at a canter and didnt really have to get out of second gear. Things started very well against Ecuador as we dominated from the first whistle before finally taking the lead after just 15 minutes. Sadly though, with one of their only two shots during the entire game, they levelled it before half time. We dominated the rest of the game but just couldnt score. Still, to be sat unbeaten after four games is quite nice and there is still a long way to go.

We dont have another International fixture until March when we play a friendly away to Scotland before the World Cup Qualifiers get underway again with games against Venezuela (h) and Colombia (a).

Whether it's 1 point gained or 2 gone doesn't depend on being positive or negative. If you win the group by 1 point, that 1 point is a point that contributed. If you miss out by 1, the 2 dropped are the 2 that would have won it for you, simple as that.

Though the result against Ecuador doesn't look the greatest, it has still helped you to be two clear at the top of the standings. Point gained. :thup:

(Wow, I'm such a negative manager)

Brilliant season so far,congrats on hitting double figures as well.Not the best of performances so far with Brazil but points are points at the end of the day :D
Whether it's 1 point gained or 2 gone doesn't depend on being positive or negative. If you win the group by 1 point, that 1 point is a point that contributed. If you miss out by 1, the 2 dropped are the 2 that would have won it for you, simple as that.

To be perfectly honest with Brazil. As long as we finish in the top 4 and qualify for the World Cup I honestly dont care. If we get there, then I can worry about things after :).

Yeah, I guess qualification is the key thing, but having said that, you might find yourself made a second seed if you 'only' finished 4th, and that would leave you facing a first seed, potentially one of Europe's giants, whereas winning it you're guaranteed a 1st seed spot, and theoretically an easier group.

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - November 2031 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-16.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-13.png

Well we had an excellent month to bounce back from our defeat to Malaga last month. We scored a solid 2-0 win away to Sporting before brushing Getafe aside. We really had to work against Espanyol as they matched us all over the pitch, but we scored the only goal of the game for victory. We rounded November off with a nice 3-1 win at home to Sevilla.

November 2031 - Continued

Spanish Cup 4th Round 2nd Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-15.png

Despite facing lower league opposition this was a brilliant win. In the process we broke a couple of records and set up a tie against Valencia in the 5th Round.

Champions League

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-3-10.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-28.png

Two brilliant wins in Europe for us. We were made to work hard against Lyon, but the result against Shakhtar was as comprehensive as it looks. Its very nice to get through with game(s) to spare.

How do you find combining international and club management? I have always found that my club form isn't as good as before I got the job. It's as if the game is trying to say 'you aren't spending as much time with your club, therefore they can't be capable of performing to the same level.

Great Month! It'll be interesting to see your GD in the CL group after you assumedly smack Aberdeen in the final game.

Shall I go for a nice round number of 20? So that means a 6-0 win in Scotland.

How do you find combining international and club management? I have always found that my club form isn't as good as before I got the job. It's as if the game is trying to say 'you aren't spending as much time with your club, therefore they can't be capable of performing to the same level.

I actually spend a lot more time focusing on the club than I do the national team. When I first take over the job I narrow things down to who my best 3 or 4 players are in each position and keep them in the national pool. e.g. 4 RB, LB, GK's. Then 4 CB's for each CB slot.

That way I dont have to faff around for long when it comes to picking squads.

I swear this thread had 34 pages last time i looked at it.....:confused:

Haha. Unfortunately, I think you were seeing things :D. I will get to page 34 before FM13 comes out though.

Doing well this season, should hopefully shake Malaga and Barcelona off your heels soon :thup:

Malaga I imagine wont be a massive challenge, but Barca probably will be. They have just spanked Valencia 7-0 away from home and that isnt exactly a shock because they do that to most teams :(.

Good work on all fronts, especially on your record in La Liga this season.

Cheers fella. It has been going fantastically well so far.

Doing very well in the league, hopefully you can keep this sort of form going.

Cheers Jack. It has been a fantastic start to the season.

Yeah, I guess qualification is the key thing, but having said that, you might find yourself made a second seed if you 'only' finished 4th, and that would leave you facing a first seed, potentially one of Europe's giants, whereas winning it you're guaranteed a 1st seed spot, and theoretically an easier group.

Does it work like that??? I thought it was how a team did over a number of years that sorted out the seedings not how they did at this stage?

Does it work like that??? I thought it was how a team did over a number of years that sorted out the seedings not how they did at this stage?
I'm sure as well it's on European campaigns.

World Rankings wont it. If we are in the top 8 of the teams qualified then we will be in Pot 1. There will always be a bogus draw as well because we will most likely get a bigger European nation.

Isn't it based on world rankings? The host nation is always a top seed, even if they are rubbish, but the rest are determined by ranking. Your world ranking could be different as a result of finishing 4th compared to 1st, because obviously defeats lose you ranking points, victories gain them. It really depends on who you lost to, and where they were ranked compared with you. But yes, rankings do reflect long term performance. However, if you are a host nation or the current holders, and therefore not having to qualify, your ranking can seriously suffer due to not playing competitive matches. Take Brazil, who have slipped down the real life rankings for that very reason.

Isn't it based on world rankings? The host nation is always a top seed, even if they are rubbish, but the rest are determined by ranking. Your world ranking could be different as a result of finishing 4th compared to 1st, because obviously defeats lose you ranking points, victories gain them. It really depends on who you lost to, and where they were ranked compared with you. But yes, rankings do reflect long term performance. However, if you are a host nation or the current holders, and therefore not having to qualify, your ranking can seriously suffer due to not playing competitive matches. Take Brazil, who have slipped down the real life rankings for that very reason.

Under my management we will easily be in the pot 1 :cool:.

So on that note - where are you ranked at the moment SLR88? Did the coach get sacked due to poor performance?

Currently 5th in the world rankings. Thats where they were when I took over and the previous Manager was sacked due to his failure to lift the Copa America.

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - December 2031 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-17.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-14.png

A solid month which keeps us top of the league on goal difference with a game in hand (although that game in hand isnt what I would class as easy). We should have beaten Valencia in all honesty. We were by far the better team and after falling behind early we took control of the game. We scored two goals in the second half, the goal which gave us the lead coming with just 15 minutes to go but we just couldnt hold on and Valencia scored with minutes remaining. Two solid 2-0 wins followed as we rounded off 2031 in comfortable fashion.

December 2031 - Continued

Champions League

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-16.png

EuropeanChampionsCupOverview_Stages-2-8.png

A solid win in Scotland to ensure that we rounded off the group stage with a 100% record. The result was never in doubt really and it was just a matter of how many. Topping the group means we will face the side who we beat in last season's Quater-Final, Fiorentina in the First Knockout Round.

World Club Championship Semi-Final and 3rd Place Play-Off

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-3-11.png

Unfortunately we couldnt lift the World Club Championship. We actually went down to 10 men very early in the Semi-Final so to take them to extra time was a pleasent surprise. Our legs tired in the extra period and they took advantage. We grabbed third place thanks to a solid win over San Lorenzo to come back to Spain with a bit of dignity.

1 200 matches! Great landmark and one I don't think I've seen before :thup:

Cheers fella. Bring on the next 1200 is what I say :thup:.

Doing well domestically and in Europe,shame about the Club World Cup,unfortunate to go down to ten men early on in the match.

Yeah it was a shame but something I can look beyond because of the bigger picture which is the league.

Looks like your 2nd league game with Barca could well decide who wins the title!

It is a strong possibility, and its up and coming as well. I have Malaga, Real Madrid and Barca pretty close to each other soon.

Not sure Aberdeen qualify as prestigous opposition for a landmark game, but still... it's great reaching those high landmarks. I should know as I've passed 1,600 ;)

Show off :p.

So both the S. American and European continetal champions lost in the semis? :eek:

I cant say its a major shock because the non-European teams have had the upper hand on quite quite a few times.

at_20madrid.gif

SRL88's Career - January 2032 - Atletico Madrid

Liga BBVA

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-2-17.png

LIGABBVAOverview_Stages-15.png

Another perfect month for us, but we just cant shake off Barcelona. I was extremely pleased with our performances as we played a lot of cup games in January as well. We started with a very hard fought win away to Athletic Bilbao who really gave us a game. We were 1-0 up for much of the game and as they pressed, we hit them on the counter to seal the game. The Tenerife game was a lot tougher than expected. We went down to 10 men within the opening 15 minutes when the score was 0-0. We took the lead but they pegged us back before half time. The game looked like it was heading for a draw but we scored two very late goals to give us a massive three points. Another hard fought win over Hercules followed before we destroyed Osasuna at home.

Copa Del Rey 5th Round, Quater-Final and Semi-Final 1st Leg

CAtlticoMadridSADFixtures_Fixtures-3-12.png

A very good run to the latter stages of the Copa Del Rey. We put in two brilliant performances against Valencia to win 4-0 on aggregate. We dominated Grenada in the first leg but only had a 1-0 lead to show for it. They really pushed us to the limit in the 2nd leg and took the lead very late in the game. Luckily for us we went right up the other end and levelled it on the night to take us through. We drew Osasuna in the Semi-Final and they hold a slender lead over us. Luckily, just days after the cup defeat we destroyed them in the league so I am very optomistic.

If we get through we will all but surely be facing Barcelona in the Final who hold a 3-0 lead from the 1st leg against Levante.

A good month in the league, but Barcelona are being a pain!

They definitely are. We have to avoid defeat at the Camp Nou.

A terrific run of form, couldn't ask for anymore!

Not going to be easy to get clear of Barcelona in the league though!

Cheers fella. Barca will be very tough to shake off indeed.

Archived