dafuge's FM12 challenge

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hitchin Season 2011/12

Interesting first season in fm2012. In a season where Stoke beat Arsenal 1-0 to secure the FA Cup and Hithin managed to not getting relegated!

Not alot to mention from this season however. Finished 12th - Better than expected.

Cup runs or lack of same. FA Cup 4th round qual. FAT 3rd round qual.

Profile - Squad - Transfers - Finances (those can only improve) !

2 players worth mentioning.

GK Loris Karius (Oliver Kahn wannabe) !

MR Louis Moss (Hitchin's own Cristiano Ronaldo) !

----------------------------------------------

Year            League            Achievement            Special Events
2011/12         BSN               12th                   None

FINALLLLYYYY!!! After reloading I dont know how many hundreds of times I got my team. I am now in charge of Matlock. This is the 4th year in a row I will try with Matlock. Have yet to beat the challenge. My best result was last year when I got the the Premiership and won it one year and got to the Champ League knockout round. This year I will finish it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIrxarB-m73szEDmKQum4x1CIxs7PPW0S-YvncjvoRHrnIba2WFQ

Bury Town Fc - Glenn Crane - 2012/2013

Taken the reigns of the club that is close to my hometown. Also Lowestoft our fierce rivals (With a better reputation) have been promoted with us to the BSN.

Our aim this year is to keep our position in this division and with the help of the legend that is James Scowcroft and a player that is BSP quality, Lee Smith, we hope that it is an achievable goal.

Say hello to Glenn Crane the new manager of Bury Town FC

Bit more reloading; about 100 odd times now. It seems, although inconclusive, that relegated teams probably do have some sort of an impact on those coming up. To further investigate this (and because I haven't really found a team I want yet) I'm going to do a third season of reloading, and see what that does for us.

TEAM		REP	APPS 1	APPS 2	TOTAL
Chester		1500	30	27	57
St Albans	1350	26	25	51
FC United	1450	19	30	49
Lowestoft	1350	18	26	44
Northwich	1400	22	20	41
Bury Town	1200	24	14	38
Lewes		1400	12	22	34
Carshalton	1350	22	11	33
Hendon		1300	16	14	30
Kingstonian	1250	13	14	27
Billericay	1200	16	10	26
Stafford	1250	20	6	26
Bedford		1050	12	3	15
Harrow		1150	6	5	11
Tooting & Mitch	1150	5	5	10
Redditch	1100	5	4	9
Cambridge City	1150	2	6	8
Hastings Utd	1000	4	2	6
Weymouth	1100	4	2	6
Hitchin		1050	1	3	4
Margate		1100	2	2	4
Wealdstone	1150	1	3	4
Worksop		1100	2	-	2
Hednesford	1150	-	2	2
Bradford PA	1150	1	1	2
Chippenham	950	1	-	1
Canvey Island	1100	1	-	1
Marine		1100	1	-	1

Anyone know how to offer non contacted players a contract.....basically i have about 2 players in my squad that have started on non contracts. I want to put them both on aprt time terms, but when i offer a new contract and choose part time, it won;t let me give them a wage or increase their contract length....ANY IDEAS? Or is this a bug?

Anyone know how to offer non contacted players a contract.....basically i have about 2 players in my squad that have started on non contracts. I want to put them both on aprt time terms, but when i offer a new contract and choose part time, it won;t let me give them a wage or increase their contract length....ANY IDEAS? Or is this a bug?

The same thing happens to me. I can't give them any length or pay or anything.....

Edit: Found this one, and left a post...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279978-Non-Contract-to-Part-time

ok first season over, gutted lost in the play off final to a own goal in extra time

Final Table

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Wayne814/BlueSquareBetNorthOverview_Stages-1.png

Playoff final

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Wayne814/BarrowvChesterInformation_Overview.png

Transfers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/Wayne814/ChesterTransfers_History.png

Oh well always next season, not bad finishing 3rd considering the target was mid-table

Offer them a part time contract and set them as Key Player. Should be able to offer them a proper contract now. I got caught out by that as well.

Right, so, here we go!

I am returning to the scene of one of my favourite saves, Carshalton Athletic.

Premier League won by Manchester City on goal difference by a single goal. QPR, Newcastle and Swansea relegated, with West Ham, Reading and Portsmouth replacing them.

Wycombe are relegated from League One, finishing bottom.

Profile!

Only one more new team, bit disappointing really, only 29/63 teams to have appeared so far, which is well under half. Not sure whether to keep going or just settle down with one of the teams below. From the thread, I've counted four others which have appeared for people other than myself.

TEAM		REP	APPS 1	APPS 2	APPS 3	TOTAL
Chester		1500	30	27	28	85
St Albans	1350	26	25	30	81
FC United	1450	19	30	25	74
Lowestoft	1350	18	26	23	67
Northwich	1400	22	20	20	61
Lewes		1400	12	22	20	54
Bury Town	1200	24	14	12	50
Hendon		1300	16	14	17	47
Carshalton	1350	22	11	14	47
Kingstonian	1250	13	14	12	39
Billericay	1200	16	10	9	35
Stafford	1250	20	6	4	30
Bedford		1050	12	3	3	18
Cambridge City	1150	2	6	9	17
Tooting & Mitch	1150	5	5	4	14
Harrow		1150	6	5	2	13
Redditch	1100	5	4	3	12
Margate		1100	2	2	6	10
Weymouth	1100	4	2	3	9
Hastings Utd	1000	4	2	1	7
Hednesford	1150	-	2	4	6
Bradford PA	1150	1	1	4	6
Hitchin		1050	1	3	1	5
Wealdstone	1150	1	3	-	4
Worksop		1100	2	-	1	3
Canvey Island	1100	1	-	1	2
Chippenham	950	1	-	-	1
Oxford City	1000	-	-	1	1
Marine		1100	1	-	-	1

Dave, going by your table, I feel privileged to have been served up with Hastings United, on only my second reload. Joint 2nd bottom Rep not too shabby at all. :D

Yeah, I seem to remember them coming up fairly early on for me too actually, although maybe not on the second reload!

Just been struck by a case of Sod's Law; first reload since I posted that table, and I get the 900-rep Banbury United, who I of course promptly took charge of.

Small whinge. I've just finished updating the CHALLENGE TABLE, but got very confused because people are putting the wrong years on their posts. Please remember that we holiday the 2011-12 season so your first season report will be for 2012-13! Very confusing when trying to update the table, guys!!

BTW just wanna say AWESOME job on having and updating the table!

Howdy. I've finally finished holidaying for the 3rd time. Firstly, I holidayed too far, saved at 19:00 on 23rd June and it seems that by that time, the teams coming up are predetermined. The second time, instead of adding the Evo-Stik/Ryman Premiership players, I added the First Division ones. Cue a third bout of holidaying.

Last year I took part in the Challenge without posting anything. I completed the challenge with Truro and got to 2030 - the furthest I've ever got in a single game.

So with pride, I present to you the new manager of Redditch United - a club close to me geographically, and very close to my heart.

Dafuge: Is there a ddt file required this year? I didn't see one in the opening post and don't want to go through the reloading process without it if there is.

MikaelS: Glad to see you got Chippenham much faster this year :) I hope to be joining you shortly.

Good luck to everyone taking part in this challenge! I look forward to reading all of your stories.

Dafuge: Is there a ddt file required this year? I didn't see one in the opening post and don't want to go through the reloading process without it if there is.

No. Check the opening post. You just need to add extra players from the 3 divisions below BSS/BSN.

MikaelS: Glad to see you got Chippenham much faster this year :) I hope to be joining you shortly.

Thank you :) Good luck.

Thanks Guys! Cool new feature on the adding divisions even below BSS/BSN. Will be starting to holiday soon.

Im still trying to finalize my plans this year. I really want to try the geographical restrictions this year (never really got that game started last year) , but not sure I have the time to set it all up.

Just had my first team meeting at my ass mans suggestion as morale was low, was hoping to kick on for the last 12 games to make the playoffs. Managed instead to really demotivate all the players, i think midtable beckons.

Can someone give this a quick once over and make sure I did this right. I'm showing 30k players where some of the rest of you are showing 17k.

I'm guessing this is the extra players from top clubs on all continents (which is legal), but can someone please confirm. I do find the extra players keeps the top continental clubs more effect and makes it tougher down the road if I ever get to Europe (lol...). It wont help me early either with my geographic restrictions.

Thanks!

Can someone give this a quick once over and make sure I did this right. I'm showing 30k players where some of the rest of you are showing 17k.

I'm guessing this is the extra players from top clubs on all continents (which is legal), but can someone please confirm. I do find the extra players keeps the top continental clubs more effect and makes it tougher down the road if I ever get to Europe (lol...). It wont help me early either with my geographic restrictions.

Thanks!

Your reasoning is correct, everyone else hasnt loaded the players from additional continents.

I should be starting a save with Matlock unless someone else pops up in the next few reloads.

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh78/hypnotherapy/?action=view&current=CarshaltonAthleticFixtures_Fixtures.png

Well 1st July and i beat the reserves 2-0. Just sorted out the contracts. Im going with 4-4-2 FIRE BOOMERANG AND SHIELD which are my own formations, which i built myself.

Signed a few players already.

Looking forward to the new season. will keep posted and updated each month. :)

Archived