*OFFICIAL* Football Manager 2012 Feedback and Discussion Thread

Just started a game and already bumped into a couple of weird things. Set myself to sunday league footballer experience and started unemployed with numerous leagues loaded. Was expecting to get some job in the conference or lower but my first job offer was... Wolfsburg. Media are jumping on them for the decision to appoint me.

Also, while I was unemployed and linked with jobs it kept saying that I would jump at the chance to return to management when I hadn't had my first job yet.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
Just started a game and already bumped into a couple of weird things. Set myself to sunday league footballer experience and started unemployed with numerous leagues loaded. Was expecting to get some job in the conference or lower but my first job offer was... Wolfsburg. Media are jumping on them for the decision to appoint me.

Also, while I was unemployed and linked with jobs it kept saying that I would jump at the chance to return to management when I hadn't had my first job yet.

Any chance of raising this in the Bugs Forum? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/240

Thanks.

As Neil says, it is probably a bug, but they did also employ Schteve Mclaren, so maybe they just have low standards :p

Hi Guys @ SI...

I've been reading the changelist for the patch. Changes to the Match Engine wasn't mention. So, is there any changes to it, especially the bug on the ball hitting a player's body..?!!

Thanks.

So basically no-one is even mentioning anything about the game, just loads of people with activation problems ala FM09. Has it prevented the big issue they were trying to achieve? If not, then will SI consider not going down the Steam route next year, as I don't think I have ever seen so many people having issues as are having them tonight, something a fair few of us predicted.

Anyhoo back to my save on 11 :)

In the mls waiver draft the players available for draft panel is only two players in height while the filter takes up half of the screen!! its awful. between the next team to draft and the filter i cant see who is available to draft. this needs immediate fix.

PLEASE HELP! bought the game from steam went through the install clicked on the icon to load message comes up preparing to launch steam as normal then after a few seconds the screen goes black like it does for every version before loading. Then the screen just starts flashing colours and it does not load. so frustrated

So far i like the game very much.

One major problem i have is that i can not hire a good Assistant Manager for Olympiakos Pireaus - Greece . My team has more than enough transfer and wage budget, but staff i bid for either ask for ridiculous amount of money or my board refuses to allow more than 250 k (euro) a year (doesnt allow more than 180k for some !!!). My team plays in the Group Stage of CL. Most stuff i bid for is unemployed and some of them have scout or youth coach roles. One of them asks 180 k for scout role and 1.800.000 !!!! for assistant role. I think there is a problem here. It wasnt like that in FM 2011. Anyone alse has this problem?

Re: FAQ- Installing via disk

I can see me ballsing this up.

Before you could just put the disc in, and it would say install via steam, you didnt have this carry on of type this in this box, and if its location is wrong-alter it. Im not the greatest when it comes to computers, nor am I too familar with steam ( 1 bad experience, never used it since) so any guidance would be appreciated.

The step by step guide involves typing/searching for this, that, other. Seems complicated as apposed to stickin a disk in and away you go.

If im downloading straight from disc then it shouldnt take long to download right?

I downloaded the demo and it took 7 hours, my laptop is very hi-spec, but my internet connection is pants.

I didnt think id have to browse countless FAQ to install the game ( and still non the wiser)

Ive got every single copy (on disc) of all the FM ( or CM) as it used to be called.

Never had this carry on.

this whole steam thing sounds insane im dredding getting my game tommorow, just because of a few dishonest people us law abiding fm fans have to jump through hoops to even instail the game, good job SI :applause:

Steam is unbelievably simple and straightforward and is very unobtrusive (with a few simple tweaks to stop popups). I don't understand why people have such a problem with it.

In the fix list for the UI it stated "fixed days to fixture no longer displayed in brackets", on mine it is showing the day and date of the fixture in brackets. Is this not fixed or is there a setting I need to change to show the number of days 'til the fixture?

In the mls waiver draft the players available for draft panel is only two players in height while the filter takes up half of the screen!! its awful. between the next team to draft and the filter i cant see who is available to draft. this needs immediate fix.

Seeing as you feel very strongly about this, may I recommend you raise this at the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface) so we can look at optimising the layout in the future for minimum resolution.

bug? my scout does not give me a report on my next opponent

but when i look at the assignment it says scouting next opponent ongoing it has gave me a report once every 3 or 4 games strange

Can you please post this issue in the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface)?

Have you checked if the next opponent's Team Report is generated when you access their first team squad's screen? I'm curious to verify whether or not it's a simple matter of the Inbox not notifying you every time a team scout report is generated or the report is actually not generated consistently.

Go into your Preferences -> Display & Sound -> 3D settings, and tick the "Show Player Names" checkbox.

Yeah that's on anyway have all names showing at once ?

Can you please post this issue in the UI bugs subforum (http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/241-User-Interface)?

Have you checked if the next opponent's Team Report is generated when you access their first team squad's screen? I'm curious to verify whether or not it's a simple matter of the Inbox not notifying you every time a team scout report is generated or the report is actually not generated consistently.

will do yes 100 percent its an ongoing report of the next opponent yes one time it gave me a proper report than it just gave me a Team Report next game after i didn't get another report

removed the assignment and asked the scout to give me a report for the next game and didn't get one consistently could be the problem

I will check to see if it generates a team report in their first team squad

Edit yes it does give me a team report if i check their team but i like it the other way where it gives you a report in your inbox And who is the dangerman etc

I was getting them in my inbox for the first few games

In scout report screen, why am i not allowed to change the position comparison to a position other than the players best?

Are you talking about the new Team Report feature? If yes, not a 100% sure what you're asking for, but you can always exclude certain players from displaying in a position by clicking the [-] icon to the left of their name so you can see at a glance what the fourth best (and onwards) player for that position is. Additionally, the "Position Strength" panel shows players not exclusively in their best position but all positions they could play.

If you're talking about a player's scout report, you should also be able to change between each position the player can potentially play in.

just got home from a day out on the drink with clients. during the day i got a text from the wife to say that game had delivered 2 packages this morning - football manager twice!!!!!

now this is always a bonus and has allowed me to give a copy to a mate free of charge of course (only condition being a look at his wife naked!!!!)

now in all seriousness, having come home at 11pm thursday night the 1st thing i did was load the game onto my mac. having done so and being honest i was concerned by the steam activation. I have to say though within 10 minutes i have installed the game, the game has automatically downloaded the patch and i was ready to go (activated) at 11:50pm on thursday evening.

for someone concerned by the steam activation i am impressed and really looking forward to fm12. i hope this is a sign of things to come. kutgw si

It was him who posted you the 2 copies after looking at YOUR wife naked

Too bad the focus has been on adding 800 new features but not even fixing the bugs reported for FM11... for me that's a very amateuristic way of handling things :s

so what are the bugs you feel preventing you enjoy the game?

Also players randomly doing stupid things, ive had a few crosses into the box where a free header or shot at goal has been either headed or kicked in the completely opposite direction for a throw to the opposition, also had players just standing still and allowing the ball to just bounce of them, usually resulting in an own goal, again didnt see this in the demo? happening for the opposition as-well as my side.

Question to SI, downloading fm from steam, will it automatically come down with the hotfix/patch or will clicking 'do not auto update' download it without the hotfix/patch?

Edit: forget it, the moment i click download steam sets it to auto update and wont download it otherwise, seriously dissapointing.

We9Gw.png

Yea, i think ill wait for some good tactics to be posted up on the tactics forum

Hang on, I thought the game was too easy? ;)

Annoyingly despite getting the game yesterday (thank you Amazon prime) and installing it after midnight I am now at work today and then away for the weekend for my dad's birthday. Can't wait til Sunday night when I can get cracking on my first game - I am jealous of those who have today to get going!

Archived