FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He looks good Charlesbeams, hope he helps you to the title.

EDIT: 3 of my best players have just requested transfers because apparently i haven't strengthened the squad enough ... 4 new first 11 players isn't enough!? What the heck do they want??? :eek:

Hopefully, i think once i've played all the teams, i might have a better idea, Besiktas and Trabzonspor still to play.

I've been getting sick of players wanting to join a bigger club.

19 more games :p so anything can still happen

Oh right, and here was me thinking you were running out of games ...

I drew 2-2 with Fenerbahce, we played very well they are very much a level above us really!

New Ally McCoist according to my scouts - Thought would sign him and maybe a partnership with my New Jurgen Klinnsmann at times will work for us.

Seregno.gif

Seregno 2015-16, Season 4, Serie B

Italian Cup

Our second attempt at the Italian cup one by but was still good when called upon.as we made it through 3 qualifying rounds (even beating Serie A side Ascoli) and eventually into the 1st round proper.

Here we faced Serie A side Genoa who were just too strong for us and we bowed out at this stage.

What did take me by surprise was the prize money as we had been getting 9k for each of the qualifying rounds and then in the 1st round we get 491k plus the gate receipts!

It was a welcome bonus i wasn't expecting and has helped us to stay in the black this season.

Italian Cup Fixtures

League

Our first season in Serie B couldn't have gone any better, as we far exceeded my own expectations for the season.

Despite only bringing in a couple of players, due to the wage constraints i was under, the team was therefore very similar to that which finished 3rd in Serie C1/A and promoted through the playoffs.

Thankfully though, the young squad that i have have significantly improved over the last year which greatly helped in being competitive in this higher level.

Our league position throughout the season was in the top half of the table and for the majority of the second half of the season we were in and around 7th-8th place.

As it panned out we finished in an excellent 6th place in Serie B and this gave us the final spot in the promotion playoffs.

League Fixtures Page 1

League Fixtures Page 2

The Semi-Final of the playoff drew us against 3rd place Bari with the 1st leg at home.

We took the lead though a Carlo Scalera goal from a corner but depite creating many chances we were unable to add to this and eventually Bari

punished us for this as they used their superior play and possesion to score twice to send us into the away leg already 2-1 down. Semi Final Leg 1

The second leg was an exceptionally even affair as Bari tried to put the game beyond us whilst we tried to get back in the tie.

A turingin point in the deadlock of the second leg cam in the 68th minute when Bari player Zhivko Milano was sent off for a scything challenge on Dekker.

We then presssed forward more and eventually it was Dekker himself who scored to put us 1-0 up in the second leg and 2-2 on aggregate.

Unfortuanley we couldn't add to this goal and the tie ended in a 2-2 draw which meant that Bari went through to the final as the higher league placed team.

I was proud of the team to have got this far in the league and even if the away goals rule had been applied to the tie with Bari we would still have gone out. Semi Final Leg 2

Final League Table

League Positions Graph

The Players

Filippo Perucchini - Again our main GK and Filippo was vital in the success we had a team this year with his 15 clean sheets.

Pietro Morabito - Actually played a couple of games this year (only as Perucchini was injured for a couple fo weeks) and did ok when called upon. He is desperate to leave in the summer.

Graziano Sinato - Signed as cheap cover and was useful to have in the team with the potential to improve in the future.

Solomon Enow - Decent season for Enow who played mostly at left back again but i'm looking for a bit more in this position now and don't think i will renew his contract.

Valentino Ostieri - Another excellent season and he now holds the club record for the number of appearances at 141.

Gijs Damen - Our young defender played mostly at centre back (best rated at right back but Ostieri plays there!) and was excellent all season and contributed with 4 goals as well.

Carlo Scalera - Continues to be a main stay in my defence since i signed him in the first season. Another good season and he got 3 goals as well.

Riccardo Gentili - Another defender who was signed as cheap cover and was used mostly as a sub.

Deian Boldor - Also Signed as cheap cover but developed into something more as he actually played in several games and was very good in them, the surprise of the season for me.

Morris Donati - Used maninly as a sub this year and started when others were injured. Not got the quality to warrant a new contract.

Ciro Danucci - At 32 he is the oldest player at the club by 6 years! He had a good season and played in the majority of games but i will be letting him go in the summer.

Guerino Stella - Played less than in seasons but was still good when called upon. He stil has a lot of potential to improve in the future.

Armando Di Matteo - Signed in the summer to add more depth to the midfield and was an excellent signing. Bagged 5 goals, including a couple of free kicks.

Diogo Ferreira - An excellent first full season at the club as he is now rated as our best midfielder. Got 3 goals and 9 assists.

Lorenzo Pasciuti - Had an excellent season and contributed with 5 goals and 9 assists. However his wage demands are ridiculous for this talent as he wants to be the highest earner at the club. Think i cant get 2 or 3 equally good players for the money he wants so Pasciuti will be leaving in the summer.

Giovanni Kyeremateng - Had a good season despite the step up in class and a few significant goals droughts. Still he was our second top scorer with 11 goals, also got 8 assists.

Agostino Caricola - Signed as cover with the potential to improve. Came on mostly as a sub and even bagged a couple of goals.

Cephas Malele - Sold in January to reduce the wage budget as he wasn't delivering anything to the team.

Florian Oswald - Signed on half thre wages of Malele when he was sold. Another one who came on mostly as a sub but sill got a goal.

Rene Dekker - Our best player and it showed at times. A fantastic season saw him get 20 goals, a club record for goals scored in a season. Got may clubs sniffing around him and have had to reject several co-ownership offers for him including 1 for AC Milan. He is worth much more to us than what they are offering. Am hoping to extend his contract in the summer.

The Future

My aims for the close season are to improve quality of the first 11 (obviously) but also the depth of squad because it was in this latter area were we struggled last season due to a few injuries or suspensions resulted in me only being able to have 5 or 6 subs.

The initial wage budget i have been set is 12.75k (it was more and i am spending around 16k at the minute) . The best news is that i actually have a transfer budget of 520k. I probably wont be using much of this rather using it to increase the wage budget!.

In the competitions i will be hoping to make the 1st round of the Italian Cup again and that 491k prize money but also i would like to achieve at least a playoff spot if not promotion to the top league. Here goes.

F.C. Pampilhosa 2015/16 End of Season Update

FC_Pampilhosa.png

Pampilhosa find life tough in the second league

Shorter update this time, it's been tough going and I just want to crack on with next season !

League Table

Graph

Transfer Summary

Finances

New Faces

Felipe - Versatile player offering cover in lots of positions

Alexandre Marques - Young left back, will hopefully push for a start

Mohamed Akfir - Quality CB which was definitely needed, made a big contribution.

Alipio - Bought to challenge Diogo Lopes in the hole to make sure he doesn't slack off !

Nelson Mendes - Taken on loan to play DMC in my new defensive formation, alternated with Jorge Guedes

Jorge Guedes - Is hopefully the long term DMC, played OK but he's still learning.

Gives us a bit of depth and cover for injuries

Youth Prospects

Diogo Rocha - First kid to come through youth recruitment who stands any chance of making the first team

After a long, tough season I'm exhausted ! All fans and staff are just relieved the season is over and we'll remain in the Second League next season.

We had cracking start to the year getting lots of points on the board and climbing up the table. The aim was to play defensively and try to grab the odd goal. That strategy worked out pretty well but next season we'll have to go more attacking to try and get enough points to be in a top-half finish. The opposition had me sussed by the new year and we had a really poor second half of the season.

The local council continue to block any moves to a new stadium so it's a packed 1000 fans every game.

Aims for next season :

Finish mid table

[b][u][color=Blue]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

Season       Team            League                   Finished  Notes

2012-2013    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     4th
2013-2014    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     5th
2014-2015    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     1st       Promotion
2015-2016    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     12th        

[b][u][color=Blue]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

Keçiorengücü 2015-16 Pre-Season Report

454840.png

Premier League

Board expectation: Avoid relegation

Media Prediction: 18th

Cup

Board expectation: Be competitve

Budgets

Transfer budget: 0 TL*

Wage budget: 83,678 TL per week*

Current Wage Spending: 115,228 TL per week

*After adjustments

Facilities

Stadium Capacity: 5040 (all-seater)

Season ticket holders: 1239 (up 886 from last season)

Training Facilities: Adequate

Youth Facilities: Minimal

Junior Coaching: Adequte

Youth Recruitment: Basic

Transfers - Summary

I had to let quite a few players go this season as I attempted to get rid of those not good enough to make the step up to the Premier League and free up some of our over-loaded wage budget at the same time. Some high earners did leave and we got decent fees for them, all of which was used to increase the wage budget. As you can see from above though, we are still way over the weekly limit but I think we can cope financially. The generous funding system of ‘points mean prizes’ mean any win or draw leads to a mini-windfall. We were also able to make good money from pre-season friendlies for the first time and have a steady flow of top flight TV money to look forward to. Besides, the board kept approving the contract offers I made to bolster the squad (mainly with foreign free agents) so, hey, if it’s a problem, they shouldn’t have let me bring so many new faces in. ;) These are the key signings for the new season (in addition to Joe Marshall and Ahmet Ari from my last update):

José Carlos Ada (DC) – As soon as promotion was confirmed, I was getting agent offers for South American players almost non-stop. This guy caught my eye as a tough centre-back.

Ralf Heller (DC/DM) – My scouts spotted this youngster in the Swiss team at the Euro U21 championships. His ability to play in defence or a holding midfield position will provide us with useful options.

Inout Maior (MC) – A hard-working central midfielder was a must with Birol Hikmet now 33 years old. Another player with great potential.

Hakan Konak (AMRC) – Signed on a free from Ankaragücü and one of my best signings of the summer. I think he has all the attributes to be a very good attacking midfielder and he will be used in the middle and on the right wing this season.

Barış Tan (AMLC) – We needed back-up on the left for Barkin Arslan and this guy is it. Has the potential to be quite a tricky winger.

Murat Tezcan (ST) – Got this youngster for free from second division side Dardenelspor. Needs to develop his physical attributes a bit but has the potential to be a leading Premier League star.

And I already have another signing lined up for January by which time Uruguayan Fabrizio Pérez, spotted by my scouts at the U20 World Cup, will have turned 18.

No predictions of safety or relegation struggles this time – I have absolutely no idea what to expect from my team this season! :D

2014/2015 review

Hoped for more than last season, but wasn't sure if we were good enough.

League table

Position graph

We started awfully, but after some tactic changes we slowly started picking up some form, eventually it turned out to be too little too late.

Transfers - Just some standard reinforcements with 3 good youngsters who can turn out Bundesliga quality.

squad 1 | squad 2 - A good squad that can certainly challenge for promotion next season.

Top players:

5: Bastian Schulz - Another solid season from the midfielder.

4: Matthias Buszkowiak - The young defender had a slightly better season and is still developing.

3: Teddy Caron - An amazing first season from the young AM, 19 and already too good for this league.

2: Sören Gonther - Despite being injured for a big part of the season when he played he was great.

1: Mohamed Bah - Another new signing who was awesome, he could have scored even more if he wasn't injured the last 2 months, he is already attracting interest from bigger clubs.

Had a busy week. Some catching up, hope I don't miss anyone. :o

LLR - Unlucky in playoffs there. Good luck next season!

Charlesbeams - Congrats on an amazing 3rd place and a great run in Europe. What happened in the league there though? Was Europe to much of a strain on your squad? Hope you managed to get back into the top spots this season!

PRDH - Congrats on breaking up the big 3 of Portugal! And good luck in Europe!

Welsh Wizard - Congrats on the promotion and breaking into Europe already. That's got to be by far the best progress I've ever seen in Russia in here. Well done!

brettney1980 - Congrats on the European spot. Well done!

tommy1872 - Good job staying up, and congrats on getting into Europe through the cup!

siLKEAPE, berty1978, minisav, DodgeeD, Almondo, toonbalmy87 - Congrats on promotions !!

5ergio, rlipscombe, neushoorn70, StellaF1, TanO - Solid seasons, hope you can all push towards the top next season!

And welcome and good luck to all the new players !!

Not sure if I'll be playing much this weekend as there another game out tonight that I wanna try out, but will be back in France asap anyways.

Charlesbeams - Congrats on an amazing 3rd place and a great run in Europe. What happened in the league there though? Was Europe to much of a strain on your squad? Hope you managed to get back into the top spots this season!

Cheers. It could have been that yeah, there was a lot more games than usual and i didn't really bring many players in to replace ones leaving. My new season is almost over and it's better than last, that's all i'll say.

SV_Wilhelmshaven.png

SV Wilhelmshaven Season 2014-2015 Report

Another season in the 2.Bundesliga, another relegation fight. The league was extremely tight which made for some nervy occasions, especially when we were sitting in 17th at some points in the season. A stronger run of form after the winter break brought us safely out of the automatic relegation spot before propelling us to safe position entirely. The squad recieved quite a large makeover and will continue to do so as it is clear that some players are not good enough. Help is especially needed up front and in the heart of defence where we lack for talent.

Again we had the lowest average attendance, even in our new stadium

Again we had the lowest average salary in the division

However, unlike last season, I feel that there is hope going forward, I was able to find some talented youngsters that can hopefully be with the team for years to come.

League : Another bottom half finish. Koln ran away with the league as to be expected when you have Lucas Podolski banging in goals for you (23 in 29 games)

Cup : Went out in the first round to Mainz

Key Players:

Wolf - Decent season from the center half, though was never dominant

Rakels - The only consistent striker this season, struggled a bit in the lone up front role. Going to stick around, but an area to strengthen next season

Vila - The Albanian Messi was the best offensive player at the club. 9 goals from a winger is an excellent return

Uzun - The more creative counterpart to Vila, Uzun turned in another good season

Martinovic - Perhaps the best youngster brought to the club, he won the right back position and looks set to be the right back at Wilhelmshaven for many years

Vanbelle - Though he's been here for 3 seasons, this was the Belgian's best one.

Voss - Continues to progress but for the first time faces a fight to keep his position

Tomacevic - Another young Croatian, played well.

Jurco - A promising looking Slovakian who hasn't quite lived up to his potential yet

Vieira - The first Brazilian at the club thanks to the board allowing me to scout that nation, Vieira's potential has everyone exicted

Transfers: A lot of ins and outs, something that will be continuing.

Finances: Strong despite a lack of attendance.

RasenBallsport Leipzig 2012-13 Season Review

RB_Leipzig.png

SONG

LEAGUE

We exceeded all expectations this season- the board expected a mid-table finish and we ended up winning the Third Divsion and securing promotion outright! We started off well, albeit a bit inconsistently, but excellent mid-season form propelled RB Leipzig to the top and we made it our own. The team also broke the record for most league goals scored in a season.

League Table

Fixtures 1

Fixtures 2

PLAYERS

I was very active in the transfer market, bringing in some great players and a number of very promising youngsters. We secured an agreement with Bayern Munich to have them as a parent club and they sent Emre Can on loan- while he wasn't exactly needed, he provided a bit of extra depth to my squad.

The best transfers were Norwegians Håkon Kjæve (ST) and Lars Iver Strand (AMC). Strand bossed my midfield as my playmaking AMC treq., while Håkon Kjæve led my team's front line and ended as the league's top goalscorer.

While so many players came in, it was almost impossible for me to sell off the players that didn't feature in my plans. For the worst ones, I decided just to eat the cash and release them on frees, while others went for well under their value and most did not attract any offers, as clubs apparently felt that their wages were too high. Hopefully I can sell some of these players next season, and I may also look to cash in on a few of the youngsters I bought that I won't really need.

Squad (pt. 1)

Squad (pt. 2)

Transfers in (not pictured: Vittorio Manzo, free)

Transfers out

Top Prospects:

Sven Noguera (16 y/o, ST NOTE: Made steady progress since his debut)

Oliver Zelenika (19 y/o, GK)

Celso (20 y/o, CB)

Vittorio Manzo (20 y/o, ST)

Frank Maurer (14 y/o, ST)

Stevica Mitrovic (16 y/o, MF)

Awards

Top Scorer

Player of the year

Manager of the year

Team of the year

Players of the Month

MISCELLANEOUS

I convinced the board to upgrade the training facilities, which should be ready early on in the next season . This bodes very well for the reputation of the club, and for player development. On the other hand, we were eating money like crazy- having a large ground with low attendance plus a large squad full of unsaleable players on top of the **** poor TV money in our league meant that we have dropped to "insecure" financially. Speaking of that, as I was typing this the planned facilities expansion was canceled. Still, our final match of the season saw a record attendance of 16,000 or so, and that is promising. With a higher quality of football soon to be played at Red Bull Arena, we can hopefully turn the finances around around.

NEXT SEASON

My number one goal for the 2013-14 season is to survive in the Second Division. Actually, I believe that my current squad has the quality to do just that and could quite possibly finish in a solid mid-table position. As such, I will be looking more to sell rather than buy players, though I might try to bring in an experienced striker to tutor Noguera and Manzo, while looking for an experienced defender to tutor Celso (will be monitoring the free agents list very closely once again). I am a bit hopeful that my team puts on a solid performance so that I can give some of my young players matches. I also hope that next season gives us some sort of financial boost, or at least slows the bleeding. As soon as finances improve, I will ask the board to improve our training facilities (again).

rbcans.jpg

[table]
[tr]
[b][td]SEASON[/td]
[td]LEAGUE[/td]
[td]POSITION[/td]
[td]CUP[/td]
[td]EUROPE[/td]
[td]ACHEIVEMENTS[/td][/b]
[/tr]-------------------------------
[tr]
[td]2012-13[/td]
[td]Second Division[/td]
[td]1st![/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]N/A[/td]
[td]Promotion!!!, D3 MotY[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

LaVitrennelogo.png

Aventure française de Berty Bassett

La Vitréenne FC - 2017/18 (French Ligue 2)

Results1

Results2

Results3

League - Graph

This season we made it through the first two rounds of the League Cup, the big fish enter in the third round and we went out away to Ligue 1 side Dijon (we just didn't cut the mustard). The league started off so well with us actually sitting top of the table after 10 matches. Things went downhill a bit from there, we were hovering around the top 6 all season, and actually could still get promoted with 3 matches left but it wasn't to be.

French Cup - 11th round

We struggled through the 7th and 8th rounds against lower league opposition. Drawn away at Ligue 1 GF38 in the 9th round I didn't fancy our chances, but we played a stormer and won 2-0. Beat National side USBCO in the 10th round to reach the 11th round for the first time, but lost out 2-0 away at Montpellier.

Transfers

Squad - Team report - Best XI - Best XI overall

The players

Rafael

Narcisse Lepaye

Markus Langer

Kouadio Kouadio

Johann Rouault

Jean-Jaques Angan

Francis Aman

Christoph Hien

Finances

In other news:

Best team - Not sure what this means but we were given the award for best team in Ligue 2 for the calendar year.

Training upgrade - Another training facilities upgrade, due to our good financial health the board are forking out £3.7m on. I doubt I will get top facilities but for that money I'd hope for good at least.

Season  |  League   | Position |    Cup     |Coupe de la Ligue| Achievements  |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13 | National  |   10th   | 7th Round  |                 | Overachievers |
2013/14 | National  |   6th    | 6th Round  |                 |               |
2014/15 | National  |   6th    | 7th Round  |                 |               |
2015/16 | National  |   3rd    | 8th Round  |                 | Promotion     |
2016/17 | Ligue 2   |   14th   | 10th round |   1st round     | Survived      |
2017/18 | Ligue 2   |   7th    | 11th round |   3rd round     | Overachievers |

Wow this is hard. After finally finding some free time to get some FM playing in, I've churned through 15 games with Vallee d'Aoste and we're sitting third from bottom. I've only amassed 12 points so far, leaving me 7 points from guaranteed safety (bottom 4 go down, next two go into a playout). I've gone from 4231 to 41221 (ie Barca 433) to 4141 and finally 442. A successful result is a ground out draw, I've got the fairly measly total of 2 wins and am currently on an 8 game streak without a win. :( Finding quality players to sign is difficult, the finances are (as ever) getting massively screwed up and the morale is shot to pieces. I organised the obligatory team meeting, only for that to ruin morale even more, lol. This is going to be difficult but there are good times ahead, I know it. :)

Great season Welsh Wizard :thup:

Congrats on promotion Dodgeed and Almondo :)

Good going Almondo won that one easy ... Now for La Liga, good luck.

siLKEAPE, berty1978, minisav, DodgeeD, Almondo, toonbalmy87 - Congrats on promotions !!

Not sure if I'll be playing much this weekend as there another game out tonight that I wanna try out, but will be back in France asap anyways.

Cheers all, yes the season seemed easy enough but there were times I was tearing my hair out.

Also Ohanzee enjoy the Dragon Shouts in that new game.

Well, we have been absolutely pathetic so far this season, my usually impressive striker Angan went about 8 games without a goal. If it continues I can see myself getting the sack, the players just seem to have forgotten how to play football full stop.

afyonkarahisarspor(1).jpg

Afyonkarahisarspor - End of Season 2023/24

Squad | Club Info | Finances

League/Graph (Finished 2nd)

A fantastic season, specially after the last one. My only problem really, is Besiktas, they played the majority of the season without Kesik and still ran away with the title. I was pleased with the amount of goals that were scored and the new keeper that came in was brilliant too.

Championship Group (Finished 3rd)

Things didn't really go too well in this and i eventually ended up finishing in 3rd place, missing out on the Champions League spot and again, Besiktas just too good.

Turkish Cup (Runners Up)

Played well, but i do feel i had an easy 5th round and Quarter Final draw. Final didn't really go well and that man Kesik was played as the other amazing striker was injured, and he scored another hat-trick against me, must be about 5 overall now. Yes, Besiktas also won this.

Transfers

As we already know i got in a new keeper for the first time since i started the game and he will join permanently in the next transfer window. Unfortunately the other player that played really well, Hugo, is a bit too much for me to sign permanently. Surprised i did so well with only bringing in 3 players.

Overall

Overall a great season, just wish i'd have got that CL place, hopefully next year instead. Catagay Tetik was amazing again with 30 league goals, top scorer again. Alper Vader was also vital and was named Player of the Year in the league. I was also really pleased that Necati Akin came in from the reserves and played quite well when he got chance, hoping he'll be a big part of next season. He was named Young Player of the Year in the league.

Pleased with the cup run and it's a shame we couldn't win it in the end but, last time i'm saying this, Besiktas were too good.

Finances aren't looking good at all, but i was at almost -£2m at the start of last season, wages are the main problem at the moment, a couple of players on high wages could probably leave though and hopefully they will. Was given £3.5m after i took the finances screenshot.

And to top things off, this came through in the news.

History

[b][u]Season[/u]       [u]League[/u]           [u]Pos.[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]          [u]Europe[/u]     [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
12/13        Turkish Div.2    4th     3rd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
13/14        Turkish Div.2    3rd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
14/15        Turkish Div.2    2nd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
15/16        Turkish Div.2    1st     4th Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
16/17        Turkish Div.1    5th     5th Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
17/18        Turkish Div.1    1st     2nd Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
18/19        Turkish Prem    11th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation
19/20        Turkish Prem    14th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation
20/21        Turkish Prem     7th     Qrt Finals   ------     Reaching Euro Play-off Places
21/22        Turkish Prem     3rd     Qrt Finals   ------     Finishing Top 3, Qualifying for Europa League
22/23        Turkish Prem     9th     4th Round    2nd Rnd    Getting through Europa League Groups
23/24        Turkish Prem     2nd     Runners Up   ------     Cup Runners Up, Finishing 2nd, Qualifying for Europa League

Photobucket doesn't seem to want to upload pictures properly, no idea why, can only do 1 at a time instead of 10-15 at a time.

charlesbeams - great season, so close to that first championship! I find it funny that your average ticket price is still £7 though and a season ticket is £138! Surely your board would raise these in the premier league? Would surely help to bring in more money?

charlesbeams - great season, so close to that first championship! I find it funny that your average ticket price is still £7 though and a season ticket is £138! Surely your board would raise these in the premier league? Would surely help to bring in more money?

Ticket prices have shot up by a massive 20p and Season tickets have gone down to £119 for the new season :S

charlesbeams - wow, you are slightly screwed if Besiktas can do that every season, but at least you're back on track so hopefully you'll push them all the way next year.

Yeah, and it's 3 years in a row they've been running riot really, hopefully i can stop it in the new season.

Well done on that first promotion ArranoBeltza, good luck next season.

Survival again Amethyst, now time to progress up that table. Promotion aim this season!?

Progress again for the season Berty, good going.

Great season Charlesbeams, it is tough breaking into the Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas pack (as i'll show in my update - coming shortly) so congrats on that. Always good to see the rivals offer you a job!

Dardanelspor A.S - Season 2016/17

Dardanel_logo.png

League|Graph|Championship Group

With the shock of 3 of our best (if not our 3 best) players deciding that i haven't signed enough quality players (even though 4 new first teamers we're brought in) our season started on that downer, i didn't always consider said players for selection and much preferred to hand starting spots to squad players who wanted to play for a growing club. Osman Ozparilti, Murat Yilmaz and Samet Fettahoglu were the players. Yilmaz went to Fenerbahce for a club record £2M in January and Fettahoglu moved to Russian club Krasnodar for £450k. Wantaway players aside we had a good season Katchipwisayla stepped up in the first half of the season scoring 7 goals in 11 games but then spent the rest of the season forgetting how to score (he has now gone over 800 minutes without scoring) 'New Ally McCoist Liam Cameron chipped in with 5 and Aydemir scored 8 from either IFR or CF. But who should be club top scorer!? Osman Ozparilti from the Inside Forward position scoring 18 in all competitions, 17 assists and 7 man of the match awards to become Turkish Premier League Player of the Year.

After finishing in 4th we made it into the Championship Stage which was a massive mistake as it killed our European chances, the 3 big boys were to good and we picked up 3 points in 6 games, Draws ve Besiktas (twice) and Galatasaray. The poor morale was enough to scupper our chances in the Playoff match.

Confidence|Finances|Transfers

With the big sales for January i adjusted to put our wage budget up so that we were no longer over and still had a little left to bring in a few new guys including a new GK who instantly took the No.1 spot: Jonas Sibeko

Squad;

GK, Arsen Petrosyan - Lost his spot in January, may be on his way out.

RB, Muhammed Yetgin - Earned 4 Caps for Turkey, made the World Cup Squad!

CB, Mehmet Karakicili - Signed with money in the Summer (£450k).

CB, Stipe Gal - With an handfull of CB's fighting to partner Karakicili Gal signed in January and took the spot.

LB, Arthur de Medeiros Mottin - Signed from the infamous Clairfontaine Academy!

DM, Timo Nagel - Decided he wants to move to a bigger club at the end of the Season (see thats the right way to do it not a day before transfer deadline).

CM, Martin Marx - Often found himself in the IFL position.

IFR, Osman Ozparilti - Wants out, but still managed to be one of our best players!

IFL, Murat Aydemir - Sometimes played CF, 3rd top scorer at club.

CF, Afonso Katchipwisayla - Suffered a goal drought 2nd half of the season.

CF, Liam Cameron - Took awhile to find his way but the 'New Ally McCoist' is looking like a cert for a starting spot next season.

Notable others;

IFL, Andreas Laudrup - Lost his spot to Aydemir's awesome form.

CM, Malte Gerling - Good first season, foreigners rule sometimes saw him as the man who missed out.

CM, Tayfun Aydin - YP3 is staking a claim to becoming a first team regular.

Europe;

Europa League 2nd Qualifying rd beat Irtysh Pavlodar (Kazakhstan) 10-2 on agg,

Europa League 3rd Qualifying rd beat Zagreb (Croatia) 4-3 on agg,

Europa League 4th Qualifying rd lost to Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine) 4-4 (On Away goals).

Season    Division     Pos   Turkish Cup     Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13   Second       2nd    Third Round    Promotion!
2013/14  First Div.    10th  Second Round    Mid-Table - Check!
2014/15  First Div.    8th    Third Rd.      Just below Playoffs
2015/16  First Div.    Top!  Second Round    Champions!!!
2016/17   Premier      5th    Fourth Rd.     Made it into Europe!! Somehow.
2017/18   Premier      4th    Fourth rd.     Champs Group.

East_Stirlingshire_FC-logo-0D7C07AB36-seeklogocom.gif

END OF SEASON UPDATE 2018-2019

well was a much better season than the last as we manager to start the season in europe we got to the 4 qualifying round sadly we got drew with napoli we got beat 1-0 over there and drew 0-0 at home as for the leauge what can a say much much better as we finshed 4th and qualifer for the thrid round of the euro cup :D

THE LEAUGE TABLE

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/ClydesdaleBankPremierLeagueOverview_Stages-2.png

TRANSFERS

as for transfer mostley free got a couple of lone deals as well

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/EastStirlingshireTransfers_History-5.png

TOP GOALSCORER

MY TOP GOALSCORER THIS YEAR WAS OLAF SCHUSTER A PICKED HIM UP FOR NUFFING AS MY SCOUST SAID HE WAS THE NEXT JURGEN KILNSMANN HE SCORED 19 GOALS IN 44 APPS FOR US

http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa352/tommy1872/OlafSchusterOverview_Profile.png

Didn't get through the group stages, I lost to Metalist in my final game and PSV came back from 2-0 down at Austria Wien to get the point they needed to go through. Oh well, I'll just have to get into the competition again.

The easy thing about this challenge?

Playing with one country means that foreign clubs release buttloads of awesome newgens. Couple that with the fact that I'm playing as a team with good money and a decent rep, and I'm in a league without registration restrictions and you've got the perfect formula for epicness.

berty1978 - good progress there this season - a couple more seasons and i think you might make Ligue Un.

charlesbeams - so close to the title... surely only a matter of time. good luck in europe too. the frustration of turning those jobs down is understandable. you can take it though when you're champions of Turkey and Europe!!

Britrock - i think we all suffer those runs of form and the frustration in trying to find a formation that works best. like your positivity though!!

As for me and Mannheim, hoping to get a fair few hours in over the next couple of days and get through to the end of the transfer window. the reverting to semi-professional status has had an effect on the volume of players willing to join us but there are some decent youngsters willing to join still and the added bonus is that they seem willing to join for little or no money. which is a bonus in filling out a squad.

...and Charlesbeams - I guess you'll have to hope the Turkey job comes up again once you've completed the challenge. :) In my save, I'm only ten games into the new season and I've been offered jobs at two other top flight clubs and linked with the Galatasaray job - won't take any of them of course but nice to be wanted. ;)

Cheers. Yeah it'd be nice to finish the challenge, then get the Turkey job just as the World Cup or Euro is coming up :p

Just about to play my 2nd cup final, Super Cup. Against Besiktas :(

Edit: My first silverware, my keeper was bloody awesome.

My Europa League group, i think i could possible just get through.

F.C. Pampilhosa 2016/17 End of Season Update

FC_Pampilhosa.png

Pampilhosa fans discover dreams can come true !

League Table

Graph

Transfer Summary

Finances

New Faces

I let a lot of the average players leave when their contracts expired and tried to use the freed up wages to get a few quality signings.

Pedro Sa - I'm still looking for a consistent classy midfielder, Sa had 15 starts but wasn't amazing. 1 goals and an average of 6.73. Most disappointingly he didn't get a single assist. Hope he improves over time.

Cristian Ponde - AM/RLC and he is the real deal. Gives the team attacking drive and was superb. 7.11 average playing out wide mostly but could be even better if he plays centre.

Antonio Manuel Silva - Young and quite similar to Ponde. One for the future i hope.

Chinedu Okoro - Alternated with Sa in midfield but was average.

Carlao - Bit of gamble, really high finishing stats but not a lot else to shout about. Made 7 appearances from the bench but didn't score.

Luizao - DM primarily but covers lots of positions similar to Felipe who we signed last year.

Youth Prospects

No new ones and Diogo Rocha hasn't played in the first team yet.

Season Summary

Quite an amazing season ! The stuff dreams are made of. With my new players we went back to the more attacking formation that I had used the season we got promoted from the bottom division. It's 4-1-1-3-1 with the two wingers swapping position and as you can see worked really well ! My captain, Ruben I didn't think was cut out for this level but he had the season of his life with last ditch tackles and game saving clearances. Averaged 7.06 and was named in the team of the year along with Alipio and Jakubov. Tiago Martins in goal is becoming absolutely amazing too, I'm sure his development played a big part in us going up. The question is how long can I keep him ?

The only worry is we're going up too soon, our wage budget was still tiny at £9.25K a week and we have never had a transfer budget until now. Its fantastic to have got this far on so little but I really doubt we have the ability to compete in the Premier League. Next season I have got a war chest of £12.8k to spend and the budget is a huge £13.5k per week !! I'll be back to parking the bus for most games I think.

The best news is that finally we've been granted planning permission for the new Pampilhosa stadium which will have a capacity of 8,250. 2 years away but will really help with the finances when we move in.

Aims for next season :

Don't get thrashed !

[b][u][color=Blue]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

Season       Team            League                   Finished  Notes

2012-2013    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     4th
2013-2014    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     5th
2014-2015    FC Pampilhosa   2nd Division Central     1st       Promotion
2015-2016    FC Pampilhosa   Second League            12th   
2016-2017    FC Pampilhosa   Second League            2nd       Promotion

[b][u][color=Blue]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

Tano - Congrats. Only 30 league games a season? Are there lots of cups to play for in Portugal, and have you had any luck so far.

Talking of cups, congrats Tommy on your improved league standing and Euro adventures. My mirror universe Shire may be about to join you. We're still in Division 1, (and we're not going to get promoted), but we're in the semis of the cottish Cup with a home match against Kilmarnock or Dundee. If we win, I'd expect to get Rangers in the final, and that means even if we lose; Europe baby! To be honest, the semi will be the first tricky match we've had. Our toughest fixture was another division 1 side in the quarters, but hey, you can only beat the sides you face, snd out only cup loss of the season has been a narrow 2-1 defeat away to Celtic in the League Cup. That semi-final is going to be a huge game.

On the other hand, if we lose, I suppose we'll join you in Europe in about 6 seasons time.

Archived