FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

New era - Club info - While it's nice to have a new stadium it's a bit extravagent while we still play in the National. Season tickets haven't gone up and so far attendanes haven't gone up much.

Into the second half of the season (cue inevitable end of season poor form) but have got the dreaded takeover talks, on the plus side, if it happens and I keep my job the debts will be wiped out, some to spend will be nice too. :D

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done StellaF1, good progress, good luck in Serie B.

Good luck in Germany with Leipzig Andy Sava, definately a sleeping giant with that stadium. Hope you get supplied with free Red Bull. ;)

Unlucky in the play-offs Almondo, an imprvement next season will see you up.

Good survival skills PRDH, the hard part is improving your squad while in debt.

England manager just been sacked on my game, just noticed this final paragraph"

"With CVs flooding in from would-be managers across the country, Man Utd manager Andre Villas Boas is the most likely candidate. Presumably once England have got rid of the usual 'Football Manager' applications, they can proceed with the view to appointing someone with real-life experience."

I don't know whether it's said that every time someone's been sacked from England, but it's the first time I've noticed.

Almondo - Unlucky. Going for top 2 next season to avoid playoffs all together?

Andy Sava - Good luck in Germany!

berty1978 - Sounds like you're having the exact same experience as me in that division atm. Tons of goals conceded and sudden loss of form. Hope you can push into that top 3 this season! Crossing fingers for a good winter break. :thup:

minisav - Good luck!

StellaF1 - Congrats on promotion. Must have been a good feeling to get that sending off and goal before half time in the playoff final. Avoiding the usual nail biting at that stage. :) Good luck at the next level!

Keçiorengücü 2013/14 Season Review

454840.png

Quick Overview

2nd Division (Group B): 1st!

Turkish Cup: 3rd Round

Second Division

All season, we were up at the top of the table. Our free-scoring attacking line-up brought plenty of goals and meant we knew we would always have a chance to outscore our opponents. On the downside, this meant we were vulnerable at the back and our leaky defence costs us points from time to time. Crazy scorelines like 5-2, 7-1, 8-4 and 5-5 became a regular occurrence as we banged in a whopping 111 goals and conceded 54 in our 34 matches. 1461 Trabzon were the only team able to stay in touch with us and ultimately, it would come down to the last day of the season with us two points ahead at the start of play. We did the business though in typically emphatic fashion with a 5-0 win (and a rare clean sheet!) over Bingöl to secure top spot and send us up automatically!

Final Group B Table

Turkish Cup

The first two rounds were simple enough to negotiate as we were drawn at home against teams from the (unplayable) 3rd Division. Our cup adventure came to an end in the 3rd round when we lost at home 1-0 (one of only three games throughout the season in which we failed to score) to 2nd Division Group A side Bucaspor. A shame we lost that game as progression would have meant a money-spinning 4th round home tie with Beşiktaş…

The Squad: Transfers

A few new youngsters were added in January to go along with those signed last summer. Most of the departures were fringe players with high wages, and a few more will join them this summer. Overall, I was happy with the depth of the squad but we definitely need two new full-backs ahead of our 1st Division campaign.

Transfer summary

The Squad: Key Players

Sinan Meriç (DM) – a great signing last summer, who settled in to the first team straight away. He played like a veteran rather than a 19 year-old and looks set to be a key player for us for a few seasons yet.

Alican Karadağ (MC) – started the season as 3rd choice in central midfield but soon established himself in the starting XI and finally realised his potential. He had a hand in so many of our attacking moves and I’ll be looking for more of the same next season.

Uğur Yanıkdemir (AMR) – started the season in sensational form with goals and assists aplenty. His form dipped a bit towards the end of the season but overall, he had a great first year at the club.

Berkin Arslan (AML) – Uğur’s dip in form towards the end of the season didn’t matter too much as this guy was sensational in the title run-in. 10 of his 15 goals came in the last 7 games and I hope he can carry that form over the summer break.

Yaser Hacimustafaoğlu (ST) – We wouldn’t have done it without this guy who often won us games on his own. The goals dried up a little after he picked up a minor injury late in the season but he’ll be back to full fitness when the new season starts.

The Squad: Ones to Watch

Sinan Bayer had a couple of promising runs in the side, grabbing the goals when called upon. His game time was reduced a little by the arrival of another young striker, Osman Özvardar, who also got amongst the goals.

Görkem Çelik arrived in January and impressed in his first team outings. He should get more game time on the right wing next season as should defensive midfielder Egemen Şekerkaya, a 16 year-old who has received high praise from my coaches.

The Squad: Awards

We dominated the Turkish Second Division Player of the Year award with Alican Karadağ taking the gong and Yaser Hacimustafaoğlu and Berkin Arslan named as the runners-up.

Hacimustafaoğlu picked up an award of his own as he finished the season as Turkish Second Division Topscorer. He was also named as the Supporters’ Player of the Year.

Yours truly won Turkish Second Division Manager of the Year and five of our players were named in the Turkish Second Division Team of the Year.

The Season Ahead…

I have now signed a new two-year deal, tripling my wages from 400TL to 1,200TL per week. Unfortunately, the transfer and wage budgets look set to be tight again as the prize money for winning promotion was just enough to get us out of the red.

The main aim will be survival. Anything else will be a bonus!

The Story So Far...

[/font]Season  | Division    | Position | Play-Offs | Turkish Cup | Europe | Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012-13 | 2nd (Grp B) | 5th      | QF        | 1st ROund   | N/A    | N/A
2013-14 | 2nd (Grp B) | 1st      | N/A       | 3rd Round   | N/A    | Promoted![font=courier new]

Wow what a season DodgeeD an amazing amount of goals scored!!!

Can't believe that finished 0-0 you dominated that game gutting ... Hows the league going?

Yeah, they had 10 men for the 2nd half, and 9 for about a minute.

Pretty well at the moment. A European play-off spot is possible, but it'll all come down to the last game of the season. Jinxed it now i bet ;)

Takeover complete, kept my job, wasn't too worried in the end. The nice new chairman cleared the debt and an extra £110k in the account, only two weeks later he reminds me the £700k loan repayments are £4.1k pm until 2041, thanks. :mad:

Well done on promotion DodgeeD, good luck next season.

League table with 2 games to go, form all season has been patchy, in a way don't deserve to go up but I'd take a scrappy promotion any day. I was actually tempted to restart the challenge with newly promoted Calais at the start of the season.

After a good period ending with beating En Avant de Guingamp 7-1 away from home we've now lost 4 and drawn 1 in the last 5, conceding 12 in the process. Back to our usual self. Luckily our goal scoring have given us enough points to still be well clear of relegation.

2978.jpg

Barakaldo 2012 End of Season Report 2013/14

Transfers

After the signing of Gabilondo on loan I signed central defender Xabier Etxebarria to add a bit of depth at the back

Segunda B2

League Table|League Graph

Media Prediction: 6th

Actual Positon: 1st

We started off brilliantly, carrying on our form from the pre season. We went unbeaten for the first thirteen games including some spectacular wins like 4-0 over Sabadell to start the season and 5-2 over Espanyol "B". The first team to beat us were our bogey team Logrones (they beat us twice last year), immediately followed by our second loss of the season against Cornella. We picked up the form after those two losses and the subsequent draw against Athletic "B" and forced our way into second behind apparently unstoppable Real Sociedad "B". We went on a long unbeaten run until Eibar beat us in a 3rd vs 2nd clash. After that we continued winning and managed to secure a play-off spot with three games to go. At that point we were still behind Real Sociedad "B", but a win against Osasuna "B" put us on top. Worryingly, we lost against Real Union in the next match, but fortunately Real Sociedad "B" lost as well and we kept the top spot. In the last match fans flocked to see us and we didn't disappoint them beating Llagostera 3-0. We were champions.

Playoffs

Playoff Results

Our league win sent us directly into the 1st Phase Semi Final where we were drawn against Cordoba. We drew the away leg 2-2. That result meant they had to win or draw with at least three goals. In the home leg we beat them convincingly as they looked for the goal and exposed their defence. The 3-1 win meant we were 5-3 on aggregate and through to the playoff final.

In the playoff final we face Real Oviedo with the first leg at Lasesarre. Danobeitia scored in the 62nd minute, but they pegged us back after four minutes. Not for long, however as Iosu Esnaola headed in in the 70th minute.

In the away leg we started off strongly with Esnaola opening the score after 21 minutes. Oviedo came into the second half looking changed and they managed to equalise and take the lead. We held on to the score despite Etxebarria getting himself sent off and went into exta time. A man down in extra time didn't sound promising but Oviedo somehow managed to score two(!) own goals. We held on to the 5-3 aggregate score by the skin of our teeth and managed to keep them from scoring again. We're going to play in the Liga Adelante next season!

Copa del Rey

Cup Run

Our first cup match was against Tudelano, who we dispatched with goals by Danobeitia and Valin. Next up was Poli Ejido who opened the score after two minutes, before Danobeitia equalised to send us into extra time where Esnaola proved to be the difference between us and them. In the Third Round we faced the same Sabadell we had beaten 4-0 in the league opener. They were vengeful and an injury to Valin left us light at the back and they duly scored in the 79th minute. We didn't manage to get back into the match which was unfortunate since they faced Valencia in the Fourth Round.

Squad

Squad Overview

Goalkeepers

Unai Alba - The main man in goal performed well, but he is on a steady physical decline and his lack of agility led him to concede a few goals.

Julen Zelaia - Played backup this year, but will be starter next year as he improves and Alba declines.

Defenders

Joseba Zaldua - The rightback from Real Sociedad did better than his leftback counterpart. I'll look to sign him on a permanent basis for next season.

Jon Manuel - His mistakes cost us quite a few points. In one match he conceded two of the three penalties our opponents got. He'll go back to Real Sociedad who probably won't renew his contract.

Jose Maria Gabilondo - The youndster didn't do badly in his second season with us, but he probably won't get much better than he is already.

Josu Etxaniz - Signed as backup he ended up playing quite a few matches as both Esnaola and Valin spent parts of the season injured.

Iosu Esnaola - Our star centreback. He scored 7 goals including two in over the two legs against Oviedo.

Alfonso Valin - Started of very brightly, but tailed off after an injury. Still scored two goals and created another.

Xabier Etxebarria - He was signed to add depth, but ended up getting sent off in the 85th minute of the playoff final and wouldn't apologise after I fined him. He'll be on his way out in no time.

Midfielders

Eneko - Was backup DM contributing to four goals. Won't get his contract renewed as I don't think he's good enough for the step up.

Jon Errasti - Played very well as starting DM and also contributed to four goals.

Alex Quintanilla - Was supposed to be one of the starting central midfielders, but a three month injury dropped him down the rankings. Upon his return he didn't play well enough to get his contract renewed.

Jon Ander Garrido - The other starting central midfielder. He did very well, finishing the season with four goals and nine assists.

Igor Gabilondo - The superstar brought in from Athletic did very well, despite being injured for ten weeks. He created eight goals and scored two himself in thirteen starts.

Nestor Salinas - The youngster was initially way down in the pecking order, but injuries to the players ahead of him got him his chance to shine, which he took with both hands scoring four times as well as assisting another eleven. Still has tonnes of potential according to my coaches.

Enrique Martinez - This was supposed to be his season, especially when Quintanilla got injured, but it wasn't to be as he got injured himself the next match. When he returned Salinas was an established star and he didn't manage to Martinez didn't manage to take the starting place off him. Still, the Barakaldo youth player contributed to four goals.

Imanol Mentxaka - Another who won't get his contract renewed. Despite scoring three and creating six he looked off the pace and the team played much better without him.

Forwards

Mikel Danobeitia - The star of last season scored 22 and created another ten. It was a bit of a struggle to get him to sign a new contract, but we eventually managed to agree. He is also a favoured personnel and loves the club.

Noe Metzger - The surprise of the season. He started the season brilliantly creating and scoring each more than one a game. He requested a new contract, which I was happy to promise to him, but when when I couldn't agree terms due to his agent's ridiculous demands he requested a transfer. I accepted the transfer request and he continued starring. He finished the season with 29 assist and 22 goals in 43 matches for an average rating of 7.70.

Juan Dominguez - Did well, scoring 19 and assisting 5 which was the least I could expect for his wages.

Ricardo Casado - Another surprise this season the youngster I picked up on a free last year began developing into a fearsome targetman and his "shoots with power" PPM allowed him to score nine goals. His potential has ranged from 2.5 to 3.5 stars, but if he continues to improve I can't see why he shouldn't become a good Liga Adelante striker.

Finances - The cup run didn't happen and we only stayed at the same level of debt as last season because the board invested £500k twice. Hopefully it'll improve with the extra money next season.

Aims for Last Season

-Get better players in and get rid of deadwood.

-Improve on 9th position.

-Sort out those finances.

Aims for Next Season

-Stay up.

-Improve the finances.

-Improve the facilities.

afyonkarahisarspor(1).jpg

Afyonkarahisarspor - End of Season 2020/21

Squad | Club Info | Finances

League/Graph (Finished 7th)

Well i have to say this season was pretty unexpected after the first half of it (check the graph). I went on a streak of 14 games without winning at one point too, so to finish 7th was great.

7th place meant i was into the European Play-off places, first team i was battered by overall, which i'm pretty sure meant the play-off game i played in, meant nothing as i wasn't giving a place in Europe. Thought i'd worked the system out, clearly not.

Turkish Cup (Lost in Quarter Finals)

Went a bit better than last time round getting to the Quarters and only just losing to Galatasaray.

Transfers

Once again no big mentions as nobody really stood out as being great, but altogether it seemed to work quite well. Surprised with these two though, thought they would have scored more.

Also i have more players coming in already, but a striker is the priority once the new season starts.

Overall

Overall a good season, specially as at Christmas i was expecting the worst. If i can get in a decent enough striker i could probably get into Europe.

To top things off, i was named Manager of the Year, unexpected.

History

[b][u]Season[/u]       [u]League[/u]           [u]Pos.[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]          [u]Europe[/u]     [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
12/13        Turkish Div.2    4th     3rd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
13/14        Turkish Div.2    3rd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
14/15        Turkish Div.2    2nd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
15/16        Turkish Div.2    1st     4th Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
16/17        Turkish Div.1    5th     5th Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
17/18        Turkish Div.1    1st     2nd Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
18/19        Turkish Prem    11th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation
19/20        Turkish Prem    14th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation
20/21        Turkish Prem     7th     Qrt Finals   ------     Reaching Euro Play-off Places

Congrats on the promotion Romanista, alot of goals in that division, is that the norm for Spain?

Guess you wont be signing Ayala or Perninha permanent then Charlesbeams!? Massive end to the season for you, awesome work on winning Manager of the Year. Your finances are looking good, money comes in by the bucket load doesn't it in the Turkish Prem!?

Nice progress Charlesbeams. I don't understand that Euro playoff either. :confused:

Cheers. I know how the teams progress and what not, just not sure how they get a euro place. I'm sure a team last season got one from winning in the play-off bit i was in. Maybe it has something to do with reputation or more wins or soemthing.

Guess you wont be signing Ayala or Perninha permanent then Charlesbeams!? Massive end to the season for you, awesome work on winning Manager of the Year. Your finances are looking good, money comes in by the bucket load doesn't it in the Turkish Prem!?

Cheers. Very unlikely, i think maybe getting in an older striker might help, i always seem to bring in young ones.

Yeah, you end up with about £4m from TV, and then £350k for winning a game, 3 wins a month and you have £1m :p

Congrats on the promotion Romanista, alot of goals in that division, is that the norm for Spain?

I don't know much about the Segunda B irl, but at the top there's plenty of goals for some teams. :p

Edit - I went and had a look at the current Segunda B2 league table and 11 games in there are fewer goals than in my save. After eleven games the highest scorers have 20 goals which wouldn't come close to the scores in my save after 38 matches

Charlesbeams some real progress there, but by the time you'll have figured out the qualification process you'll be champions and won't need to do playoffs (unless of course the system is different from what I imagine). :D

acqui_splash.png

Acqui - Season 2 - 13/14 - Serie C1/A

Serie C1/A & Serie C Cup - Table - GraphFixtures (all)

Media Prediction: 18th

Final Position: 4th

I knew I possesed a reasonably strong squad and expected to do much better than media predicted. I was correct in my prognosis, but the season still left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. Acqui's campaign kicked off in bad form, but after som tweaks to the tactic I employ, results improved markedly. In December Acqui were 2nd in the league and practically oblitarated league leaders and eventual champions Cittadella away, although the result was only 1 – 2 (Cittadella scored the one shot they had). It looked like I could have a chance to even win the whole league, but from January onwards Acqui's form worsened, and in the end the team found itself on the 4th place. Playoffs didn't go well and Reggiana defeated me in the semis. Also Milazzo kicked Acqui out of Serie C Cup in the 1st round, so I played only one game in that competition.

Italian CupFixtures (all)

For a C1 team Acqui did really well in the Italian Cup reaching the 4th qualifying round by winning Crotone (C1), Varese (B) and Atalanta (A). Finally Livorno (B) were able to overcome Acqui, but only after penalties.

Acqui Players - Squad - Transfers

Federico Laurito

Youngish ST and my best goalscorer. Was very consistent throughout the season.

Ciro Immobile

I expected a lot more from this ST. In fact I expected him to score 20 goals or more, but he only managed 9 in the league. A symptom of difficulties I have been having with penetrating opposition defences instead of trying to rely on ineffective longshots.

Cristiano Biraghi

Former Inter DL. He had the highest avg in my squad – a good season from him.

Emanuele Suagher

Young DC who ended the season with the most appearances. Usually very consistent, but sometimes makes cardinal errors and ends his game with an abysmal rating.

Remarks

Debts are amounting. The club is £575K in detb. Total allowed player wage budget for the season was £7,847, and I managed to keep my spending below it despite making some major signings. In this respect the next season does not look as rosy, as the board has lowered the wage budget to only about £6K and I have already arranged transfers that are sure to increase wage expenditure.

The exciting news is that Acqui are going to move to a new stadium within approximately a year. When the board announced it and I noticed the name of the new stadium was to be merely modelled after the clubs short name (Acqui Stadium – the club has no legends), I used lnc-file to temporarily change the short name and loaded a save from before the stadium move news. So insted of moving to mundanely named Acqui Stadium, the club is now building a stadium with at least a little bit more character - Acquedotto Stadium. I think Sassari Torres' stadium used to also be called Acquedotto, but there are remains of an old Roman aqueduct just next to Acqui Terme, so maybe I can imagine the new stadia will be somewhere in the vicinity of this relic. :) What remains to be seen, is what happens to Acqui's financial situation when the club has to begin repaying the loan taken to build the stadium. A move from a stadium of 1 500 to one with a capacity for 8 725 is welcome though, as the old arena is packed in every game (97% avg by capacity in the league).

Season   | Serie | Position | Italian Cup | Serie C Cup | Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/14  | C1/A  | 4th      | 4th Q Rnd   | 1st Rnd     | -
2012/13  | C2/B  | 1st      | -           | Grp         | Promotion

End of Season Update - 2012/2013 - TuS Koblenz

TuS_Koblenz.png

League:

Media Prediction - 20th

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

A splendid first season culminating in a 14 point lead at the top, although it was much closer than that just 5 games before. We got to 1st place in the league in the last match before the winter break, and never lost it. The january signings of Roussel and Millet proved to be far too good for this league. Thanks for them Clairefontaine ;)

Transfers - I clearly make too many :D

Main Players :

Olivier Roussel

Marinko Miletic

Patrice Millet

Mads Laudrup

Here's a look at local boy, Milan Wochnik at the end of the season.

Next Season Aims:

Do not get relegated

Do not sell Millet, Roussel, or Laudrup

Make an overall transfer profit

Season  |  Club        |   League                |  Position  |  Comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/2013 | TuS Koblenz  | German Third Division      |    1st     | Champions and Promoted!

I've also arranged for these players to join the club next season, fairly excited about them!

Denis Alibec

Antonio Cinquegrana

Wilmer Kousemaker

150px-Usnovese.png

Pre-Season Build Up - Novese - 2014/15 - Serie C1A

Media Prediction: 18th

Transfer Budget: £0 (last year: £0)

Wage Budget: £17,676 p/w (last year: £11,118 p/w)

Squad Wage Bill: £17,253 p/w (last year: £11,862 p/w)

This summer saw another mini clear out as 11 players waved goodbye to Novese. Incoming saw 7 players all arrive on free transfers. The aim was obviously to get this squad up to Serie C1 standards.

New Men:

Marco Marcandelli (GK) -I needed a new goalkeeper, or at least a 2nd goalkeeper as our backup from last year left the club. I hadn't initially intended on signing a new number 1 but this guy was available and is rated highly. He'll start as number 1.

Jean Mbida (D/WBL) - We were without a left back in the squad, so filling this position was a priority. Mbida looks to be very good at this level and will most certainly be first choice at left back.

Alessandro Polinesi (D/WBL) - He has competition from Polinesi though, who also looks strong at this level. We now have good depth for the left flank.

Michele Pini (DRC) - Pini was signed to be backup to the two center backs but it's transpired that he is now the best RB at the club. This means I'll be looking to move on our 3rd choice in this position ASAP to save on wages.

Cosmo Palumbo (DM/MC) - Palumbo gives further defensive stability in the midfield. We allowed a mainstay of CM leave this summer but fortunately Palumbo looks to be an upgrade.

Massimo Cianci (DM/MC/ML) - This 18 year-old excited the fans on his arrival. He brings some quality to CM but also gives me the option of playing wingers with him on the left.

Marcello Rosati (MC/AMC/L) - Another option on the left could be Rosati, who at just 16 years old already looks set for a good future at Novese. First impressions remind me of Natale at 16 - hopefully he'll develop just as well.

Thanks Berty and Ohanzee. I am aiming for top two this season despite my best striker being sold.

DodgeeD - Great season there.

Carlesbeam - Good season there what with finishing in a Euro playoff place

Romanista - Welcome to the Liga Adelante, where you'll manage to actually make a profit.

duccio - God season, unlucky on missing out on promotion

el sid - Great season there, well done on winning the league.

FC Mulhouse 2015/2016

5th in Ligue 2 (pred: 20th) | Transfers | Finances | Graph

The League

Best goal scoring in the league. 3rd worst defense. Amazing that we can gather so many points with 4 drunk monkeys in our back four. Very pleased with the position all that considered.

We're overachieving big time I'd say. Considering other teams have players like Mattia Destro scoring 40 goals a season, and we still manage to finish in front of them. He wants to move to a bigger club, and I really hope they sell him. Bastard put 5 past us in the two meetings we had. :mad:

The Cups (french cup | Coupe de la Ligue)

Coupe came to soon, that's my excuse and I'll stick with it. French Cup I only have myself to blame for sending out 11 backup players.

The Squad (ratings)

Goalkeepers

Roland Toure - Only mentioning him as he's the biggest talent of the 3, and the only one likely to stay next season. Frick has already signed for Zürich.

Defenders

Moussa Boubacar - I had high hopes for him, but he never really took his chance. Has potential, but not looking like he wants to reach it atm.

Jacopo Galimberti - Good again, but he doesn't look like he has potential to improve any more.

Federico Micheli - More of a backup this season, but did well. Still improving.

Dennis Schröder - New guy and very strong. Can improve. Sadly broke his foot and is still out for 2 (of 4) months.

Vicenzo Ficarelli - Good talent, but not probably to old to ever reach his potential now.

Kenny Lala - Main man on the right back. Decent enough, won't improve much.

Jason Bli - Left back backup. He's got more potential than Ippolito. Not sure either of them will bring us glory though.

Ivano Ippolito - Main man on the other side. Can still improve, but unlikely to ever be amazing.

Mehmet Öztürk - Right back with good potential. Had high hopes, but he never settled in. Transfer listed after he kept moaning about wanting to go home after being given a leave of absence once already.

Midfielders

Petr Cerny - Decent defender as well, but was used at DMC.

Claude Ebwelle - Another good season from him, still improving.

Marin Tolic - New guy, did ok.

Nicola De Ambrogi - Another decent season, not as good as the last though.

Attackers

Ivaylo Ignatov - One of the new signings I was the most excited about. Had to retrain him to striker (competent around Christmas). He has a huge ego, and sees the club as a stepping stone. I doubt he'll ever be a Messi or Ronaldo though.

Marco Rocchi - Same as Ignator, still waiting on him to retrain to a striker though. Guess he's not as adaptable. But he could be a good one once he's competent in the role I think.

Tchanile Tidjani - Considering just selling him. He's constantly moaning and doesn't seem to improve much now.

Robert Hlinka - The big star this season scoring 26 goals.

Geoffrey Malfleury - He keeps scoring goals, but doesn't at all look good enough at this level imo.

Samir Muhovic - Had hoped he'd to better to be honest.

Dominik Melka - Same as Muhovic.

Not much top quality in there to be honest, so I'm really pleased we managed such a high position. Still amazed at how we can concede so many goals when our 4 main defenders have such a decent avg. rating though. Also pleased that we got goals from all over the pitch, but would like at least one more striker to be as consistent as Hlinka was.

The Club

Finances are ok, not amazing by any means though. We're the worst club in the division in almost all respects (salary, transfer spend, avg. attendance, etc). Our avg. attendance did increase to 1,994 this season, but that's still really bad imo.

The Future

We need a better goalkeeper, and several options in midfield. Probably could do with some improvement in all parts of the team though tbh. I already secured several players on bosman deals in January, including 3 midfielders. A few of them have potential to be leading Ligue 1 players according to my scouts. I'm especially excited about this kid, John Biyogho Poko, who has 5 star potential and is said to be similar to Yann M'Vila for those that know him. He's also French, which is good. Sadly my scout says he's got problems with injuries, and looking at his history he does have a lot of minor ones. But I think he's worth the risk, costing nothing.

[b][u][color=Blue]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[code]
[b][u][color=Blue]CLUB HISTORY[/color][/u][/b]

[b]SEASON	LEAGUE	POS.	CdlL		FC		Europe		NOTES[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[b]12/13[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s1tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	-		10th round	-		So close
[b]13/14[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s2tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	-		10th round	-		...
[b]14/15[/b]	FN	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s3tab.jpg"]2nd[/url]	- 		final lost	-		Promotion!!
[b]15/16[/b]	L1	[url="http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv330/TommiHelm/FCMulhouse/s4tab.jpg"]5th[/url]	1st round	7th round	-		...	
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
L1 = Ligue 1 | L2 = Ligue 2 | FN = French National | CdlL = Coup de la League | FC = French Cup

[b][u][color=Blue]TROPHY CABINET[/color][/u][/b]

dust balls rollin' by ...

Romanista - Welcome to the Liga Adelante, where you'll manage to actually make a profit.

I like.

duccio - Next season you'll go up with a stronger squad.

el sid - Very good season. And Clairefontaine is :cool:, they just produced a Basque youngster (who doesn't want to join me).

iacovone - Nice signings, Cianci and Rosati look like they could become very good in a few years.

Ohanzee - That's a very good first season in L2, especially if you have beasts like Destro playing there.

SV_Wilhelmshaven.png

SV Wilhelmshaven Season 2013-2014 Season Report

Though I made the Portuguese lower divisions look easy, the German second division was not so easily overcome, in fact we hovered in the lower table for the entirety of the season, drifting in and out of the relegation zone, though a good stretch of form near the end saw us retain our division. A frustrating season, as some games we would get played absolutely off the park, only to be saved by our heroic keeper, Mark Voss. Defense was woeful, we had exactly one good striker, only a few midfielders that I trusted. In short the players from the 3rd division were absolutely not up to the task of the 2. Bundesliga. Cannot count how many last minute goals we gave up. Frustrating

We had the least spent on salary in the division

We also had the lowest attendance in the division

Essentially not much of a season to remember

League : We survived in an extremely tight league where there was about 8 teams that could have been relegated. Nerve-racking.

Cup : We got to the second round of the cup before going out to Dresden...who made it to the finals before losing on penalties to Hoffenheim

Key Players:

Voss : Though the stats don't show, he was outstanding.

Oper : The 36 year old striker was our only real goal threat. Which is sad. Is retiring at the end of the year, and I'll look to add him to the coaching staff

Uzun : Those with a keen eye might recognize Uzun from my Viseu save. He came in around January and was one of the bright spots on the team

Karli : A good, solid midfielder.

The rest were frankly pathetic

Transfers : A bunch in, few made an impact.

Special note goes to Sidy Sagna, who played 1 friendly, was injured for 3 months, and spent the next 2 complaining of homesickness, before having the gall to ask for a transfer because he wasn't in the first team. YOU WERE NEVER AVAILABLE TO BE PICKED.. ARGH. Will be glad to be rid of him.

Finances : Surprisingly strong, though we are in debt thanks to the new stadium that will be in place for next year

Youth : Dire

Confirmed in for next year

Rakels - Latvian striker that maybe can provide some goals after Oper retires

Bogovic - Have high hopes for this 16 year old Croatian

The home grown prospect

Wagner : Continues to progress, was going to give him more playing time, but when mired in a relegation fight, had to play those that gave us the best chance of winning. Possibly in the 1st team next season

Next Season : Squad needs a big clear out, and I'm hoping the board will give us funds to revamp the squad. Only GK is a place of strength right now. Hopefully avoid a relegation scrap and find a way into mid table.

congrats on the title wins Romanista1994 and el sid. el sid you are going to put my season to shame!! Delighted for you Romanista1994 - great achievement there with your principles...

Thanks. :) At this level there was a wealth of talent available, but it's going to become harder in this league and moreso if we eventually get promoted to Liga BBVA.

The game tries to make it harder by creating brilliant regens with Basque names, but without Basque nationality: Mathieu Etcheverria.

el sid the Clairefontaine regens creation date is March 7th, saves you from looking every two months. :D

iacovone - Wage Budget: £17,676 p/w in C1. I have to get by with £6K p/w. I'm actually paying out £8,4K though...

Ohanzee - Poko looks otherwise excellent, but is in need of some physical punishing in form of weight training. :)

Romanista1994 - I have improved my squad and everything looks promising, but the club goes £90K more into debt every month. :(

SV_Waldhof_Mannheim.png

SV Waldhof Mannheim - German Third Division - Season 2012/13

January Update

Table

So at the end of January the table shows us in the middle of the pack. we started well and were unbeaten for the first 6 games but then we suffered a few injuries and our form has been affected as we have slipped down the league a little. in a bid to halt our slide and push back up the table i have had a squad reshuffle and without further ado here are the new Buben boys:

Defenders

Mattia Desole - Young Swiss LB signed after his release by AC Milan. those of you with a memory may remember him from my Messina save last year. i have high hopes for him.

Lukas Spendlhofer - Austrian defender released by Inter Milan. Like Desole i had him at Messina last year. Another i have high hopes for.

Midfielders

14. Mads Laudrup - Mads was signed in October to add some quality to my midfield. started slowly but is beginning to develop in his performances.

Oliver Norwood - Oliver is a Northern Irishman signed after his release by Manchester United. He did well in my January friendlies when on trial and he earned himself a permanent deal.

Strikers

Nicolao Dumitru - Nicolao is an Italian / Romanian striker released by Napoli. has good quality already and can only get better. the fans are excited by his signing.

So there are the new guys. i think i have improved the quality of the squad overall and hopefully the performances show that. time will tell.

Unlucky duccio. Next season for sure!

Brilliant 1st season el sid, congrats on the promotion!

Good luck in the season a head iacovone!

Tough season there Amethyst21. Good job staying up in the end. Hope you can fight at the other end of the table next season.

Good luck in the 2nd half rlipscombe. Some well known names there. Think I've seen at least 4 of the 5 in my own teams at some point. Norwood is a hero for me, but doesn't look as good this time around. Looks like he's been ignoring his physical training in favor of some big macs, but he's got some real quality if he don't have to move around much. :lol:

iacovone - Wage Budget: £17,676 p/w in C1. I have to get by with £6K p/w. I'm actually paying out £8,4K though...

Wow - that's a tiny budget! How are you coping with attracting talent? To be fair I've asked the board twice to up the wage budget and both times they've obliged :)

Attracting talent is restricted mainly to young players who already had low wages before they signed for me. So far that has not been an overwhelming problem, because every season there have been some reasonbly good youngsters whose contracts were running out. Offering biggish bonuses and all possible clauses is a must. Its very important to try to sign players on bosman, because they lose interest in my club the moment they become free agents. Also since there is no air in my wage budget, I've had to free transfer players a few weeks before their contracts were running out/they were retiring, to be able to free some wages for new players (who I had to sign before they left their previous clubs).

But I must say I'm pretty happy with the squad I've been able to assemble. In team comparison I have at least one best team rating in every compartment (all positions/keepers/defence/midfield/attack), so I cannot complain. Not surprizingly I have the youngest squad in C1/A (21.75 in January) aswell. Not surprisingly I'm also £1M in debt now. :(

Archived