FM12 Big Euro Nation: Small Club to Big Club Challenge

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think i may have found the perfect front 3, for now anyway.

John Bolano (disappointing last season, but has started well so far)

Alper Varder (signed on a free from Bayern, lucky he was Turkish too)

Marcel Schreuder (wanted an older striker and got this guy from Holland for around £500k)

DodgeeD - Is Muhammet Kesik on your game? if so, how is he doing?

Typical SI, they had to mess with the fixtures section. Before it was fine selecting a certain competition to look at fixtures for. They change that to filters which isn't a big problem until you're in the 2nd Division and can only filter out friendlies and Third Division matches. Can't filter out cup matches as I wasn't involved in them to begin with either :thdn:

Right, I had a brief go at this with Venezia but abandoned that to have a few years in Hungary over in Gundo's thread. After getting fed up with that save (only the winner getting promoted and half the teams playing in all white because they haven't been given kits grated on me) I'm back to have another go. Again I'm in Italy, but this time I'm going with:

Valee d'Aoste - St Christophe

stchristophe.gif

A team in the north-west of Italy. The team only made it to Serie D for the first time in 2010, and almost made it up to Serie C2 last season, but (luckily for me) Rimini knocked them out of the playoffs. What swung it was the nice kit (important after you've played with an all white team for 2 seasons, lol) and this view of their home ground:

Cartolinastadio_rid.jpg

My only concern is that Wikipedia has the kits the opposite way round to the game, but hopefully I can change that in FMRTE (allowed as it's only aesthetic, right?). Anyway, the important stuff:

Manager profile

Manager information

Club profile

Club information

Club facilities

Thankyou everyone for the welcome and the good luck messages.

A couple of weeks into the pre-season and its not going as well i would have liked in the transfer market. Ive managed to pick 4 players so far, but im finding it very hard to find anyone much better than i already have.

How is everyone getting round the scouting thing, were if your scout has 100% scouting knowledge of a country, he returns the next day with hardly any players at all. I want to scout Spain, as there doesnt seem to be many foreign players that want to come to me. But my scouts are all Spanish. So they are returning the next day with 3 players reports and all ways the same players.

Good luck and welcome to the challenge ArranoBeltza, Britrock, Fletchdt.

Well done on getting promotion siLKEAPE, TanO, el sid, Romanista1994 and good luck next season.

Unlucky in the play-offs LLR, hate those, that's why I avoided Spain this time.

Good first season in Ligue 2 Ohanzee, hopefully promotion to the top flight next season.

Well done on staying in the second division Amethyst21.

150px-Usnovese.png

Mid-Season Update - Novese - 2014/15 (Season 3) - Serie C1A

After the opening day 7-0 demolition of Triestina the media began to reassess their pre-season predictions of a rock bottom finish. As for me, I began to believe we could not only stay up but maybe push for promotion. We have an odd advantage going into the second half of the season as well. Our pitch is in such bad condition that we've had 3 or 4 games postponed due to waterlogging or snow. So that means of our 17 games played, only 7 have been at home. This should give us a nice advantage.

So at the halfway mark we're in prime position for a playoff spot. It seems Albinoleffe will run away with it though :)

LegaProPrimaDivisioneGironeAOverview_Stages-1.png

Results

Star Men so far:

Sodinha (AMRC/ST) - though not our best AMC he performs fantastically, regularly making an impact on games. Although the arrival of Tiago Gomes has meant he doesn't start every game, it's hard to leave him out really.

Antonio Montella (ST) - continues to score regularly and looks at home in Serie C1. He does have his quiet days but they're few and far between at the moment.

Looking good iacovone - where's Natale though? Did you sell him, have I missed it?

No, he's still here. He was out injured for 7 weeks or so and therefore wasn't a star man for us this first half of the year. I expect he'll run riot in the second half of the season :)

ArranoBeltza welcome and good luck!

iacovone looking good so far this season, hopefully you push on.

As for me, my third season is almost underway and the board have stripped me of loads of the wage budget. It has been cut from 17.5k to 13k and with no transfer budget, I have accepted offers from Premier League teams for Welkinho :( and hardly any of the players will accept less than they are on so I am having difficulty renewing contracts, this may be an impossible challenge.

As for me' date=' my third season is almost underway and the board have stripped me of loads of the wage budget. It has been cut from 17.5k to 13k and with no transfer budget, I have accepted offers from Premier League teams for [i']Welkinho[/i] :( and hardly any of the players will accept less than they are on so I am having difficulty renewing contracts, this may be an impossible challenge.

Which division are you in? Financially it seems to have been made a LOT harder, if the club is running out of money they slash and burn your wage budget, yes it is probably more realistic, but it still makes it really hard to get in the players you need to make it to the next level, especially as it is neigh on impossible to make money in lower divisions...I am going to try and get some of my starters on lesser contracts, but if not there may be a bit of a fire sale to get some money back in the coffers and see what I can do then...

Think i need to get shot of this guy, get's injured all the time. Signed him in 2018

Also just got a 33 year old Nathan Delfounso on loan :p will be back up probably.

i got offered a 34 year old Jermaine Pennant by his agent. Not going to sign him though he'd only be 3rd choice on the right.

Which division are you in? Financially it seems to have been made a LOT harder, if the club is running out of money they slash and burn your wage budget, yes it is probably more realistic, but it still makes it really hard to get in the players you need to make it to the next level, especially as it is neigh on impossible to make money in lower divisions...I am going to try and get some of my starters on lesser contracts, but if not there may be a bit of a fire sale to get some money back in the coffers and see what I can do then...

I'm in the Russian First Division, but the problem is that all of my expenditure is wages, and that equals around £1m a year. I will try and finish a lot higher this year as that is the only way I can keep/get the better players, however, I very much doubt I can finish higher as I have a really small squad and the only player that could score has left.

i got offered a 34 year old Jermaine Pennant by his agent. Not going to sign him though he'd only be 3rd choice on the right.

Delfounso has already got his first goal in the cup :p but will most likely just be coming on as a sub now and again.

My first win against Fenerbahce, didn't expect that scoreline though.

Just a quick one for everyone getting low bids accepted by the chairman, i think if you remember to set a high asking price on the players transfer status screen (even when they aren't transfer listed) it should discourage other clubs from offering cheap money for your best players.

And on my game Pampilhosa have had an awesome start to life in the second division and I've got high hopes we'll stay up if we can carry it on :)

I've just got into my first 'proper' final. The Portuguese League Cup - where I'll be playing Vit Guimares, second bottom of the league (I'm not bottom - woo!). A whopping £366K is up for grabs for the winner. In all seriousness, that would be very, very helpful with my finances as they are!

The new Turkey save is uploaded, good luck to anyone needing it...
Excellent work LLR. The save files are the main reason for doing the challenge. The amount of effort you put in to the first few posts and the community spirit in this thread is incredible. I'm hoping to join in a bit more when I can get my Vallee d'Aoste save up and running a bit.

England manager just been sacked on my game, just noticed this final paragraph"

"With CVs flooding in from would-be managers across the country, Man Utd manager Andre Villas Boas is the most likely candidate. Presumably once England have got rid of the usual 'Football Manager' applications, they can proceed with the view to appointing someone with real-life experience."

I don't know whether it's said that every time someone's been sacked from England, but it's the first time I've noticed.

That bit has been in the game for a large number of versions now. I can't remember the first time I saw it, but it's definitely not new. As for what triggers it? I'm not entirely sure there's anything specific, it may well just be random.

Welcome to this historic final for Lusitania Acores!

The boys from the Azores will meet Vit Guimaraes in Lisbon.

Kick off...

40 seconds - Corner to Lusitania, but it comes to nothing.

6 mins - Lusitania concede. 1-0 down.

18 mins - Henrique fires over.

44 mins - Davi scores! 1-1

Half Time

46 mins - After fighting back just before half time the boys from the Azores fall behind again. 1-2.

55 mins - Ball looks destined for the net, but it comes back off the post. A chance to equalise passes Lusitania by.

56 mins - They go up the other end and make it 1-3. It looks like the trophy has gone.

73 mins - From a corner we pull one back! 2-3...

Full time - Chance for a trophy has gone. Don't worry, I'll be back. I put the loss down to he fact I was missing my creative midfielder, goalkeeper, central defender and striker.

Finally done with first season, managing to avoid relegation due to a massive unbeaten run at the ending months, only getting a single draw. Managed to pick up some excellent players as well for the season ahead for now & quite happy with the youngesters I brought in in first season. Detailed report to come tomorrow but lastly...

Sercan Çalı has signed a 5 year extension with Anadolu Üsküdar till 2018!

I too have finished a season, and you will also have to wait until tomorrow for the update. Aren't we all teases...

Edit - In other happy news, I've just scouted (and then agreed a deal for) Jorge Rodriguez, the Uruguayan maestro I keep moaning about not being able to sign.

Won my first trophy; the Scottish Challenge Cup, 4-0 over Raith. (Premier league clubs don't get to join in by the way, but you always remember your first time).

Having lost in the final last year, it was a bit of a relief to lose my trophy virginity this time round. In 3rd place in Division 1 after 14 games, but 7 points behind the leaders, so this will probably be the highlight of the season.

Blimey... I just realised after finishing the season late last night, I got excited to see my transfers in the squad and pushed over to 1 July mark :( Can't seem to locate league graph and some other things more easily as I'd have if I hadn't moved on :( You'll have to do with less screenies this time guys.

afyonkarahisarspor(1).jpg

Afyonkarahisarspor - End of Season 2020/21

Squad | Club Info | Finances

League/Graph (Finished 3rd)

Fantastic season in the league, really wasn't expecting to finish in the top 4, nevermind in 3rd place. Didn't start off great though, but then over the rest of the season we were consistent and beat a lot of the bigger teams, hopefully we can go one better next year.

Turkish Prem Championship Group

Finishing 3rd meant i had the chance to actually win the league if things went my way. If you look at the table, if i'd won all the games and the others had ended the same way, i could have very easily won it. First game was horrid and i was expecting to finish bottom, but we did have 9 men in that game. After that though things couldn't really have gone better, 4 wins and a draw.

Finishing 3rd in the group meant i qualified for the Europa League at the 4th qualifying round, giving me an easier chance to get into the groups, still won't be easy though.

Turkish Cup (Lost in Quarter Finals)

Did ok i guess, but a red card in the game against Adanaspor, pretty much helped me get knocked out in the Quarter Finals.

Transfers

Made a fair few transfers this season and actually spent some money. First to mention is Marcel Schreuder, he was brilliant for the majority of the season, scoring in game after game, but if Alper Vader wasn't there, he might not have scored as many, Alper got 21 assists over the season, a new record for us and the Turkish Prem.

The other one to mention is Ivan Vukovic who was good at the back all season.

Overall

Great season and only winning the league and cup could have probably been a better season for me. Will only need to bring in a few new player for the season. I think we could easily win the Turkish Cup next season too if things go nicely, which they probably won't.

Europa League i'm not so sure about, so just being in it for now is great and i wouldn't be down if we lost in the first round we start in.

I was named Manager of the Year again and Schreuder and Alper Vader were named the top 2 signings.

History

[b][u]Season[/u]       [u]League[/u]           [u]Pos.[/u]    [u]Cup[/u]          [u]Europe[/u]     [u]Achievements[/u][/b]
12/13        Turkish Div.2    4th     3rd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
13/14        Turkish Div.2    3rd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
14/15        Turkish Div.2    2nd     2nd Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Quarter Finals
15/16        Turkish Div.2    1st     4th Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
16/17        Turkish Div.1    5th     5th Round    ------     Reaching Play-off Semi Finals
17/18        Turkish Div.1    1st     2nd Round    ------     PROMOTION!!!!
18/19        Turkish Prem    11th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation
19/20        Turkish Prem    14th     4th Round    ------     Surviving Relegation
20/21        Turkish Prem     7th     Qrt Finals   ------     Reaching Euro Play-off Places
21/22        Turkish Prem     3rd     Qrt Finals   ------     Finishing Top 3, Qualifying for Europa League

Imageshack was used this time as photobucket wasn't working properly.

7000008.png

Lusitânia Açores - 2017/18 - Season Summary

Finances

Key figure - £907,185 | Summary

Back in the green! Largely thanks to prize money and sales, I'm in no way breaking even as a business yet.

Transfers | 8 In (£0) | 11 Out (£400K)

This season saw the chairman step in for the first time, deciding to sell Davy Rog without consulting me. As much as it annoyed me at the time, it was a useful chunk of cash to tide us over, and, in all fairness, he hadn't got on the pitch by the time he was sold.

The majority of the transfers in were to sit on the fringe of the squad, although Yuriy Voznyuk made a pretty decent shout for a place in my midfield, and would have played more had his injuries not been infuriatingly concurrent with Claudio's.

In another note, I'm still to splurge any actual cash in a transfer deal. They've still all been picked up at the end of contracts.

League - Predicted 16th (Bottom)

Table | Graph

Well, erm, WOW! Not sure where that season came from, but I'm not going to complain. Consistently good form, a huge number of goals scored, quite a lot conceded too (but we'll ignore that for now) and a place in Europe to show for the efforts - I'm happy with that. And also, take that media! What do you know?

Reason for the success? Well, Alex's departure after last season wasn't missed. Henrique and Davi (all the players will be below) formed a stunning partnership up top finishing as the top two scorers in the league.

Sporting and Porto were a way ahead at the top, but I managed to edge out the other traditional power house of Portuguese football, Benfica, for 3rd. My main worry at this stage is reproducing the form. European football should mean increased turnover, and I've got some decent players lined up, but I'm no way ready to take on the top two, and realistically Benfica are still a better side than me. And to put expenditure in context Porto spend £25.5m a year on salaries, Sporting £14.94m, Benfica £13.51m, going to Maritimo (the fourth largest) sees a drop of almost £10m with them spending £4.82m/year and then you drop, keep dropping, until you get to the lowest spenders in the division, me, with a bill of £1.08m/year. That difference is just enormous, and will take some serious nous to get around. Am I up for the challenge? You bet!!

Cup

Taca da Portugal - Not much progress here, I was unlucky to come up against Porto in the 4th Round and they beat me.

League Cup - Encouraging signs here, through to my first major final, unfortunately the players couldn't get the result we all wanted, losing out 3-2.

Squad | Overview

Now my squad is starting to grow I'm going to begin implementing my usual way of differentiating. First XI players will be bolded and hot prospects will be italicised - it directs those in a hurry to the most important players.

Keepers

Pavao - Continues as number 2 (stop sniggering at the back) - actually got some game time this year when Cabecinha was injured, he used to ably demonstrate why he's not first choice. 'Flappy' does not even begin to cover it.

Cabecinha - Conceded a lot of goals, but then I always tend to, fortunately the boys at the other end meant it didn't really matter.

Defenders

Leandrinho - Starting to attract some interest from back in brazil, I'd like to hold onto him as I think he's pretty exciting, especially as he's starting to see action for the Brazilian youth teams.

Polegar - Same as above, though he's not getting into any youth teams, I'm not as convinced by his future, and left-back is one position I might have to look at strengthening.

Lukasz Burliga - Brought in as back up on the right, that's all he was ever going to be.

Felix Krause - The German is the best centre-back at the club, and that might show why I concede goals, it's definitely my weakest section of the team. Well, along with goalkeepers.

Valery Krylov - Always waiting to replace someone in the middle of the defence in case of injury and performed pretty well when there.

Domagoj Franic - Bench warmer, he's only lasted this long as his ability to play in the middle and on the left makes choosing substitutes easier.

Etienne Manca - Gets the bold by dint of playing more games than Krylov, but realistically they're pretty even.

Midfielders

Eduard Borodin - Another good season for the boy from Dzerzhinsk, that's just east of Moscow. I've come to terms with the fact he's never going to be a sprinter, but then again, neither's Xabi Alonso, and Borodin plays the same role for me. His passes do the running he doesn't want to.

Yuriy Voznyuk - A very able back up to both Borodin and Claudio, unfortunate timing of injuries meant he played less than he might have wanted, but he's one to keep around. Especially with Claudio swanning off at the end of the season.

Claudio - My attacking midfielder, actually slightly down on his performances from last season, but that may just be in comparison to everyone else in the team who performed very well this year. He's refused to sign a new contract for a while now and has agreed to join Wolfsburg in the summer. Fortunately we've got the much feted Jorge Rodriguez joining to replace him (what's the betting he's rubbish now, after all this build up!)

Haris Kozak - Another good season from the Finnish right winger, he has a knack of being in the right place at the right time and grabbing goals. It's very handy! I never expected him to be part of a team which would get me to Europe, but he's firmly established himself as the man to get past out wide. He made his 100th league appearance for the club in the final game of the season.

Dias - Excellent on the left. Assists and goals - a fine season. He'll be tough to displace. Not much to add. Very, very good.

Armin Husic - Brought in as back up after the chairman sold Davy Rog. He did his job when needed towards the end of the season. No shame for him here.

Forwards

Davi - A truly stunning season. Top scorer in Portugal, and obviously the team. He's going to be tough to hold onto, but he can be at this club for a long time if he wants to be. He also one the league's Forward of the year award.

Henrique - Another to impress. He's the playmaker of the team, pulling the strings from just behind Davi. A job he performs with aplomb. Even better he signed a new contract this year, so I've got the pleasure of managing him for a bit longer! Couldn't match last season's goal of the year award, only managed second this year - shoddy!

Roland Dervishi - Interesting young Albanian striker (with an excellent name) - if he can get some more pace he'll be a very good striker.

Ivan Poljak - More of a back-up right winger than striker this year, but he's another who could be a decent player.

Michael Larsen - Very exciting Danish striker. I feel he could go on to challenge the better strikers in the team.

Aims For Last Season

1/ Survive and consolidate - Oh yes!

2/ Push up into mid-table - Oh yes!

Aims For Next Season

1/ - I think next season is going to be a struggle, not in terms of relegation but in terms of matching this season's results. I'd be happy with a position roughly similar, I'm thinking Europe again. Aiming somewhere between 3rd and 6th.

Story So Far...

Season		League			Position		Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13		Second Division - South	12th			Avoided Relegation (just)
2013/14		Second Division - South 1st			Promoted!
2014/15		Second League		14th			Avoided Relegation
2015/16		Second League		2nd			Promoted!
2016/17		Premier League		13th			Avoided Relegation
2017/18		Premier League		3rd			Qualified for Europa League

Previous Updates

12/13

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

Great season Charlesbeams. Vader (Darth?) and Vukovic look like quality players. Good luck in Europe! I'll be joining you at that fourth qualifying round stage. Let's hope we both get games against Andorran or Moldovan teams!

Cheers. Great season for yourself too, wish i had 30 goals a season strikers.

As for Europe i think all the lower nations are out of it by the 4th qualifying stage. Looking at the previous season, quite a lot of decent teams still in it. I'm guessing we'll be unseeded too, specially as i have 0.00 coefficients

Have just signed Cagatay Tetik on a free, previously from Genclerbirligi, scoring 30+ in the Premier League the last 2 seasons. Got this message too.

As for Europe i think all the lower nations are out of it by the 4th qualifying stage. Looking at the previous season, quite a lot of decent teams still in it. I'm guessing we'll be unseeded too, specially as i have 0.00 coefficients

Have just signed Cagatay Tetik on a free, previously from Genclerbirligi, scoring 30+ in the Premier League the last 2 seasons. Got this message too.

Really? Damn! Desperate for some of that cash.

I'll just have to find a merchandising sales machine like your chap, he looks quality!

Archived