FM12 Tottenham Hotspur Thread- The Best Team In North London

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Having a great start to my 4th season, after making a conscious decision effort to focus on developing my youth a lot more than I had in the first couple of seasons.

I've been using the same 4-3-2-1 since the start and it continues to serve me well. My squad looks likes this at the moment:

GK - Valdes / Viviano

DR - Walker / Vrsajlko

DC - Kaboul / Grabulosa*

DC - Bassong / King

DL - Cissokho / Robinson

DMC - Sandro / Huddlestone

MC - Modric / Barkley

MC - Hamsik / Van Der Vaart / Kovacic

AMR - Willian / Lennon

AML - Bale / Douglas Costa

ST - Cavani / Niang

Others - Naughton, Fierro, Sanogo, Coulibaly, Kishna & lots of regens.

* denotes a regen.

I had a pretty quite off season, mainly focusing on bringing in some more youth, until I was offered Victor Valdes for free. How could I refuse that?

Transfers in:

* Viviano (GK) free - was originally signed to be back up to Gomes.

* Valdes (GK) free - I just couldn't say no.

* plus a few regens.

Transfers out:

* Ospina (GK) to Sevilla for 7.5M. He was whinging about being a back up. Got him for free originally, so bye!

* Gomes (GK) to AC Milan for 9.5M. Sorry to see him go as he served me well, but Valdes is slightly younger and better.

I'll be looking for a DC and DMC to stengthen the squad in the January transfer window and have been trying to unsettle Phil Jones at Man U, as I think he'd be ideal. I've managed to become a favoured personel of his, but Manu U want more than I'm willing to pay for him at the moment.

I'm currently comfortably on top in the league and have qualified 1st in my Champions League Group (Dortmund, Villareal & Fiorentina).

To top things off nicely, Arsenal are struggling in 8th position and have lots of unhappy players and a few transfer listed such as Van Persie, Song (off to Barcalona), Koscielny and Walcott injured for 3 months whilst on England duty.

Happy days!

COYS.

can someone do me a favour and paste a screen shot of sandro 2-3 seasons in. i've been re-training him as a centre half because at some point, i was convinced he'd be perfect for it but now i can't remember why i thought so and i'm at work (and obviously planning out my long term strategy..) so can't check in game his attributes.. :D

Tevez 3 mont injured. Should I buy or trust Farfan as a striker?

I am Totenham in the end of January 2012. Currently third in the Premiership, 3 point bellow Manchester and Chelsea. So I have a chance to win the title, and I'm still in all the competitions.

My strike force: Tevez / Adebayor / Sanogo. I play 4-2-3-1. The argentinian legend picked a 3 mont injury, so will be out almost for the rest of the season. I think Adebayor will be great to replace him, but I fear a new injury and the lack of a proven striker in the bench.

Do you think I should use Jeferson Farfan (AM RL and also Striker) as my new bench striker or first striker if Ade picks an injury or is tired? Or should I buy someone? I have a deal of 19 million euros for Leandro Damiao accepted. Any better and cheaper option for this 6 months?

Try Stevan Jovetic.. not sure how much he'll cost but he'll be pretty young on your save and should be alright in terms of ability.. I picked him up for about £9.5m at the start of the 14/15 season as a backup striker.. he's definitely good enough to start in most teams around the world.. he's just stuck behind Cavani and Neymar on my save in terms of importance

Is Adebayor worth signing on a permanent basis?

He's been an absolute goal machine for me, playing as a lone striker with VDV just behind him. Bale and Lennon on the wings, then Modric and Parker in the centre behind VDV..

The actual price is okay (£5m up front, £5m paid over 18months), but he wants £150,000 a week (or something silly like that)...

I'm in February in my 1st season, so far he's scored 27 goals in 22 appearances!

Is he really worth it?

no .. definately not.. you can get someone in at a fraction of the cost who's younger and better...

see: rondon, cavani, llorente, damiao and co

Yeah, he has been fantastic for me though!!!

His wage costs are crazy, plus he demands top earner clause, as well as causing a few other contracts to more then double to match his...

I did have a look at Cavani, maybe I'll go for Suarez if Liverpool continue as they are and end up in Europa

Yeah, he has been fantastic for me though!!!

His wage costs are crazy, plus he demands top earner clause, as well as causing a few other contracts to more then double to match his...

I did have a look at Cavani, maybe I'll go for Suarez if Liverpool continue as they are and end up in Europa

Adebayor was superb for me the first season, but I chose to not sign him due to his wages demands. If you do wish to sign him, let his loan expire and he'll go back to Man City and is usually available very cheaply.

I signed Cavani for 24M over 48 months and he has been nothing short of sensational as my lone striker. Defoe was decent as a back up too.

4th season was far more comfortable than the previous year.. I decided against employing the 4-1-4-1 tactic after altering the formation slightly to what the game lists as 4-2-4 but I personally see as more of a 4-1-3-2 during a pre-season game and immediately seeing results, after that I only changed the formation maybe twice all season where injuries or fixture congestion meant that I was better off trying to hold out for a draw or sneak a win on the counter, so I used my 4-2-3-1. No transfers really, I was happy with the squad as it was. I bought a few promising youngsters, and also ended up buying Hazard in the January window (not because I needed or even wanted him, but because Arsenal placed a bid for him, and after he'd done a number on us in pre-season, the last thing I wanted was a repeat performance in a fixture against the scum).

This season I concentrated more on developing my youth players and giving them plenty of game time.. mostly just against teams in the bottom half or cup matches, but occasionally against stronger teams if there were more important matches than the league games around the corner. To my surprise, they performed pretty brilliantly all season, occasionally needing the aggressive 'wtf are you playing at?' type talks at half time before they got going, but all-in-all I couldn't really complain.. they even managed to hold Man Utd to a 0-0 draw (and were unlucky not to win if I'm honest).

One benefit of relying heavily on my youth players for a large percentage of games this year was that I was able to keep my first team fit and healthy, with only a few minor knocks all season.. that is, until the season run-in.. AGAIN! Every year, for some reason I seem to get key players injured just when they're needed most.. Cavani got injured for 5weeks in the second leg of the CL quarter final against Barcelona with a broken arm.. 2 weeks later, Lavezzi broke his wrist in a league match against Chelski and was out for 5 weeks.. then 2 weeks after that, Pastore got crocked in the FA Cup final against Blackpool and was out for 6 weeks with strained knee ligaments!.. Cavani returned just in time for the final league match of the season, so despite not being needed to secure a result, played alongside the youth team in the hope of getting his match fitness up a lil in time for the CL Final against Bayern, where he got on the scoresheet along with Neymar..

My ideal 1st team for the year (well, post-January window):

spursfirstteam201415.jpg

My reserve/youth team:

youthlineup.jpg

Their CA/PA:

youthabilityandpotentia.jpg

How they performed in the league:

s4table.jpg

Lavezzi hit 30 this year, so he was shipped out for £21m to Real Madrid.. despite my trying to keep the 1st team fresh, he still picked up constant injuries and only managed to play 10 league games and the same amount of cup games.. just over half of what I wanted from him.. so taking a £4m loss on a player after 4yrs of service was acceptable to me.. he's been replaced with Younes Belhanda, who isn't as good on paper, but I'm hoping I can get to do a job..

Only 1 more season til I get my shiney new stadium now! Also, turned a profit for the first time since I started this year.. £40m! things are looking good!

Just finished my first season and am pretty pleased with how it went. Came 2nd in the league, only really because Man Utd were unstoppable, and got to the Europa League semi-final. Van der Vaart is just an absolute god in the Trequartista role - scored 25 goals and got 33 assists. Didn't really delve much into the transfer market, bought Afellay from Barca in January for £7.5m and have got Cardozo coming for £9m in the summer, but didn't sell anyone. Highlight of the season was definitely this though:

arsenalvtottenhaminformt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can tell from my name I'm an arsenal fan, but I've started a game with spurs. Don't like being arsenal on the game and I feel that spurs are one of the best games this year. I've always liked van der vaart, and you have a good squad. I will be signing a new striker though!

Just a quick update on my game.

Leaugue - 1st (Played 22)

F.A Cup - 4th Round Replay to be played at home to Man United

Europa League - 1st knockout round to be played against Rubin kazan (or whatever they are called)

League Cup - Final to be played against West Brom.

The only signing I made in my 1st season was Otamendi (13MIL). He has been great, Man City tried to sign him from me for £26.5MIL but I rejected as I would only sell him if the offer was £35MIL+.

Adebayor and Defoe have been great upfront, just need to stop leaking as many goals, although I'm still first so I am delighted with how it has gone so far.

Haven't played for a while or been in this thread but I'm hoping I can win the Prem for 4th time on the trott, currently top going into December, haven't really played as much youth as I've wanted to because my team is still relatively young but the good ones are all out on loan at feeder clubs eg Boro, Hearts, Orient, Gent etc and pretty much playing the majority of games will integrate a couple up next season when I sell the likes of Kranjcar, GDS, Baines and Hudd... as they're not really gettin much playing time whilst being decent squad members

Currently doing my spurs season and doing incredibly well came 2nd in my first year and finishing 5 points behind Man City, brought tevez adebayor, hamsik and shawcross!!!! love it

Gomes

Walker

Dawson

Shawcross

Assou Ekotto

Parker

Lennon

Bale

VDVD/Hamsik

Tevez

Adebayor

:p

I got sacked as boss of Aston Villa at the end of the second season, Harry retired from Spurs, and i took over. They finished 4th in the second season, and i am currently 5th going into the end of Feb.

Below is my transfers for this season; Some are abit rash as ive not really had money to spend to get used to the transfer system in regards to what players cost. Before i signed Jovetic, i tried for Cavani/Neymar/Rossi, had bids accepted for all 3 but they refused to talk to me

transfer1.png

Im still trying to find the best tactic to fit my squad (see pic below) so any tips greatly appreciated.

squad1.png

Thinking of starting a Spurs save using my Barcelona tactic, line up will be something like this:

--------------Friedel

Walker--Kaboul--Dawson--BAE

-----------------Sandro

------Huddlestone----Modric

GDS-------------------------Bale

-----------van der Vaart

Anyone had any success using dos Santos on the right wing or Rafa up top as a treq/deep lying forward? Considering having them swap positions making it harder for Rafa to be man marked. Also, Sandro will be my 'Busquets' whereby depending on the opponents formation will decide whether he plays CB or DMC to always leave a spare man at the back and maybe I'll be looking a top quality AML to move Bale back to LB to be my Dani Alves.

ANy thoughts on this?

So I caved and just bought the game anyway. Starting my first season with Spurs, will take a while, but here goes;

Like a realistic game, so Sandro, Pienaar, Lennon all injured as IRL. Will probably go for a 4-4-1-1 until they come back, and use 4-2-3-1 as 2nd tactic.

Friedel

Walker(WB/S), King, Kaboul, BAE(FB/S)

Not sure yet, Parker(BWM/S), Modric(BTB), Bale(W/A)

VdV(IF/A)

Adebayor(TM/S)

Might be a bit leaky, we'll see. Transfers off, targets include Stegen, Rondon and the like. Will buy cheap South Americans and European players over big name signings like Cavani(who i want) :)

Finally won the league in the 3rd season after winning 5 cups in the first two (this includes the community shield so 4 proper ones!), will post some screenshots tonight when back from work. I have had a strong bias towards foriegn players and wanted to change this but since winning the league I have been quoted ridiculous fees. Man Utd wanted £76m for Phil Jones, Sunderland £40m for Connor Wickham and Liverpool £35m for Jack Robinson!!! I also tried to sign Gotze as Real Madrid were after Moura but Dortmund wanted £140m+

Is this the norm and does anyone have any tips for getting (preferably homegrown) talent at more realistic prices?

Finally got the game so started with spurs. Not making any huge changes so just a couple of ins and outs.

INS

Stegen

Baines

Maggio

Jano

Wilfried

Jak Alnwick

OUTS

Gomes

Krancjar

Im playing 4-4-1-1 with this set up (planning on using alot of youngsters in europe and league cup. the likes of Carroll, Fredricks, Kane, Coulibaly, Rose and Jano)

GK. Friedel / Stegen / Jak Alwinck

RB (auto) Walker / Corluka

LB (auto) Baines / BAE /Rose

CB (cd) Kaboul / Bassong

CB (bpd) Dawson / King / Gallas

RM (wing) Lennon / Maggio

CM (bwm def) Parker / Sandro / Livemore

CM (ap supp) Modric / Thudd / Jano

LM (def wing) Bale / Gio

AM (treq) VDV / Sigurdsson

ST (???) Adebayor / Pav / defoe / Wilfried

My problem is, 5 games in and having won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1 my strikers have struggled. Ade and JD have 1 each and thats it including 5 friendly's. Lennon VDV Sigurdsson and bale have got the goals so far.

I'm playing balanced, standard, with shorter passing, more creative (iirc, currently at work) and Modric and VDV roaming and swapping positions. Everyone up to my striker are playing well with decent stats but cannot get anything out of my forwards. practically no goals and poor ave ratings.

I've tried Ade and pav as Target man and poacher and JD as poacher. How can i get my strikers scoring?

I don't post on these forums but I felt like it would be fun to share.

2011/12 Season

Won EPL

Won Euro Cup

Won Carling Cup

Won FA Cup

Transfers in (23m)

Aly Cissokho (10m)

Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik (4m)

Gylifi Sigurdsson (8.75m)

Transfers out (5m)

William Gallas (1m)

Steven Pienaar (4m)

2012/13 season

Won EPL

Won Champions League

Won Carling Cup

Won FA Cup

Won Club world Championship

Won Community Shield

Won Euro super cup

Transfers in (97m)

Jack Robinson (10m)

Shinji Kagawa (8.5m)

Mateo Kovacic (6m)

Carlos Kameni (5.25m)

Edinson Cavani (37m)

Andrea Bertolacci (free)

Vladimir Wiess (4.1m)

Vaclav kadlec (7.25m)

Luis Guilherme (450k)

Christian Eriksen (10m)

Transfers out (61m)

Younes Kaboul (10m)

Tom Huddlestone (11.25m)

Giovanni dos Santos (10m)

Scott Parker (7.5m)

Roman Pavlyuchenko (1m)

2013/14 season

Won EPL

Won Champions league

Won Fa cup

Transfers in (35m)

Abel Hernandez (6m)

Raheem Sterling (4.9m)

Romario (Free)

Leandro Damiao (24m)

Transfers out (10m)

Gomes (5m)

Jake Livermore (5m)

2014/15 Season

Currently 22.12.14

Transfers in (19.5m)

Marc-Andre ter Stegen (4.3m)

Giuseppe Prestia (1.4m)

Giovanni Santarelli [regen] (4m)

Andras Gaal [regen] (4.3m)

Karim Rekik (5.5m)

Paco Alcacer (Free)

Transfers out (16.25m)

Michael Dawson (15m)

Abel Hernandez (Loan fee 1.3m)

Balance was at 88,000,000 in the bank, new stadium in production, upgrades to traning facilities and youth facilities about to be completed THEN!!!

Consortium takes over the club, and I am told I am likley to be sacked by the new chairman! shocking! I have put so much effort into re-organizing the scouting networks and coaching staff that this is a real kick in the teeth, so much time spent scouring the barrel for the best regens too!

love this game :D

Champions league squad is as follows:

GK: Carlos Kameni

GK: Marc-Andre ter Stegen

DL: Aly Cissokho

DL: Jack Robinson (Trained in nation)

DC: Sebastien Bassong

DC: Jean-Armel Kana Biyik

DC: Steven Caulker (Trained at club)

DC: Guiseppe Prestia (U21)

DR: Kyle Walker (Trained in nation)

DR: Romario (U21)

MC: Luka Modric

MC: Andrea Bertolacci

MC: Sandro

MC: Radja Nainggolan

AML: Gareth Bale (Trained at club)

AML: Shinji Kagawa

AMC: Gylfi Sigurdsson (Trained in nation)

AMC: Christien Eriksen

AMR: Aaron Lennon (Trained at club)

AMR: Vladimir Weiss (Trained in nation)

ST: Leandro Damiao

ST: Edinson Cavani

ST: Vaclav Kadlec

22 man squad (excluding U21's) + Jordan Archer (Youth GK) + Raheem Sterling (on loan)

I don't post on these forums but I felt like it would be fun to share.

2011/12 Season

Won EPL

Won Euro Cup

Won Carling Cup

Won FA Cup

Transfers in (23m)

Aly Cissokho (10m)

Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik (4m)

Gylifi Sigurdsson (8.75m)

Transfers out (5m)

William Gallas (1m)

Steven Pienaar (4m)

2012/13 season

Won EPL

Won Champions League

Won Carling Cup

Won FA Cup

Won Club world Championship

Won Community Shield

Won Euro super cup

Transfers in (97m)

Jack Robinson (10m)

Shinji Kagawa (8.5m)

Mateo Kovacic (6m)

Carlos Kameni (5.25m)

Edinson Cavani (37m)

Andrea Bertolacci (free)

Vladimir Wiess (4.1m)

Vaclav kadlec (7.25m)

Luis Guilherme (450k)

Christian Eriksen (10m)

Transfers out (61m)

Younes Kaboul (10m)

Tom Huddlestone (11.25m)

Giovanni dos Santos (10m)

Scott Parker (7.5m)

Roman Pavlyuchenko (1m)

2013/14 season

Won EPL

Won Champions league

Won Fa cup

Transfers in (35m)

Abel Hernandez (6m)

Raheem Sterling (4.9m)

Romario (Free)

Leandro Damiao (24m)

Transfers out (10m)

Gomes (5m)

Jake Livermore (5m)

2014/15 Season

Currently 22.12.14

Transfers in (19.5m)

Marc-Andre ter Stegen (4.3m)

Giuseppe Prestia (1.4m)

Giovanni Santarelli [regen] (4m)

Andras Gaal [regen] (4.3m)

Karim Rekik (5.5m)

Paco Alcacer (Free)

Transfers out (16.25m)

Michael Dawson (15m)

Abel Hernandez (Loan fee 1.3m)

Balance was at 88,000,000 in the bank, new stadium in production, upgrades to traning facilities and youth facilities about to be completed THEN!!!

Consortium takes over the club, and I am told I am likley to be sacked by the new chairman! shocking! I have put so much effort into re-organizing the scouting networks and coaching staff that this is a real kick in the teeth, so much time spent scouring the barrel for the best regens too!

love this game :D

Who were the best signings from that lot mate?

Well with the exception of Abel Hernandez who I got for a cut down price after he had a LONG injury and never recovered, Luis Guilherme who I failed to develop and Paco Alcacer who I greedily snapped up on a free even though I didn't need him all have been sucessful.

However tops would be -

Glyfi Sigurdsson - scores goals from range for fun and in a team that is based around speed his deadball delivery offers me something different, all corners and goal kicks feel like they will result in a goal. Hes doesnt thread a pass through the eye of a needle like Eriksen but that is why I have both! Stats across the seasons below:

2011/12 - Apps 15(14), Gls 8, Asts 14, Av R 7.64

2012/13 - Apps 37 (4), Gls 16, Asts 20, Av R 7.57

2013/14 - Apps 36(6), Gls 17, Asts 17, Av R 7.48

2014/15 - Apps 19(2), Gls 8, Asts 8, Av R 7.49

Shinji Kagawa - Plays second fiddle to Bale who is IMMENSE on the left wing but none the less dispite playing mostly cup and European games Barcelon just offered me £45,500,000 for him in the 2015 jan transfer window, I survived the takeover and currently have £200m+ in the bank so NO SALE! Never seen a player run past other players so much before, 20 agility probably helps!

2012/13 - Apps 17(1), Gls 4, Asts 4, Av R 7.31

2013/14 - Apps 31(8), Gls 9, Asts 7, Av R 7.25

2014/15 - Apps 16(9), Gls 6, Asts 6, Ab R 7.25

Leandro Damiao - Everyone knows who good this guy is, play him as a lone poacher or alongside Edinson Cavani who is TM - A

2013/14 - Apps 13(4), Gls 14, Asts 3, Av R 7.58

2014/15 - Apps 25(5), Gls 27, Asts 4, Av R 7.62

Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik - Amazing, cheap atheltic defender, only Bassong is better for me (and he is AMAZING in my save everyone wants him including Man City, Real Madrid and Barcelona) for 4m he is the biggest bargain in the game for me!

Hi all,

Got to say I'm loving this save, I'm into my 7th season now and my squad looks like this:

GK - Guilherme / Viviano

DR - Walker / Vrsaljko

DC - Grabulosa* / Bassong

DC - Roberto* / Kayirnaga*

DL - Cissokho / J.Robinson

DMC - Sandro / P.Jones

MC - Modric / Kovacic

MC - Hamsik / Barkley

AMR - Willian / Muniain

AML - Bale / Douglas Costa

ST - Cavani / Carazinho*

* denotes regen

other non-regen notables: Feirro, Niang, Crisetig.

I haven't been overly active in the transfer market that couple of seasons, other than picking up lots of young hopefuls!

Heading into season 7 I offloaded just the two players:

* Kaboul for 20M to AC Milan - sad to see him go, but he was aging and Roberto is ready to start.

* Victor Valdes for 8.5M to Bari - provided 3 great years iof service, but was starting to decline at 35 years of age.

I will be looking for both Guilherme & Roboerto to step up into these vacated statting roles this season. So far so good anyway.

I'm looking forward to the challenge over the next couple of years of migrating some of my aging stars out like Modric, Cavani, Cissokho & Hamsik. I will need to be sensitive as to how I go about it, as some our now clubs legends.

With a 140M transfer budget still availabe to me, I feel suitable ready when the time is right to move these guys on.

My new stadium is finally finished, complete with retractable roof and 56K capacity, so hoping to enjoy increased financial benefits from that as well.

COYS!

My Levy started the planning on a new stadium w/o me requesting didn't get a news message about it at all, no details about name, capacity, cost or any other features, hopefully I won't have as rubbish name as I previously had on FM 11 with Perryman Arena...I wish you could edit the name in a 3rd party tool b/c if you could I'd download it and do that, shame.

Anyway atm I'm looking odds on to win PL for a 4th time and in the semi final of the CL against Man Utd so hopefully I can win that and I'll get either Marseille or PSG in the final, Marseille have been a particular bogey team to mean in Europe knocking me out in the 2nd season at 1st k/o round and beating me a once or twice in groupe stages, so it'd be nice to get one over them and take my 2nd CL final, the money would be nice as I've only got £30m in the bank (Start of April) and I'm losing money every month this season except during the transfer windows lol

My Levy started the planning on a new stadium w/o me requesting didn't get a news message about it at all, no details about name, capacity, cost or any other features, hopefully I won't have as rubbish name as I previously had on FM 11 with Perryman Arena...I wish you could edit the name in a 3rd party tool b/c if you could I'd download it and do that, shame.

Anyway atm I'm looking odds on to win PL for a 4th time and in the semi final of the CL against Man Utd so hopefully I can win that and I'll get either Marseille or PSG in the final, Marseille have been a particular bogey team to mean in Europe knocking me out in the 2nd season at 1st k/o round and beating me a once or twice in groupe stages, so it'd be nice to get one over them and take my 2nd CL final, the money would be nice as I've only got £30m in the bank (Start of April) and I'm losing money every month this season except during the transfer windows lol

My new stadium is named after me!

I didn't ask for it to be built either, however I did get a message in my inbox about it happening.

Noticed that a lot of guys on here shop Gomes out pretty early on in favour of some of the other popular goalkeepers (Guilherme, ter Stegen, etc)- have to say that I persevered with him and he's just been voted to the World XI as a starter at the age of 33. He's just an unbelievable shot stopper and I very, very, very rarely have any problems with his 18 eccentricity.

I played him more than Friedel in my first season, 2nd season he played 2nd fiddle to Ter Stegen, kept him for a while maybe to mid season or end of season and he left to Dynamo Kiev where he's a regular starter for them, FM 11 Gomes was very very good, overrated for sure but good. I'm thinking of shipping out Ter Stegen and playing my youth keeper I signed but Stegen has helped me considerably I might just switch them around every so often to keep them both happy, considering when to sell Cavani or Doumbia as they're both really good for me but I wanna develop the good youth players I've got, might ship out Canales as well as he doesn't really get infront of Kovacic, Modric or Andrea Poli, should hopefully have Hamit Altintop coming in on a free end of the season at 33ish (I think) as a decent utility player for cover & I'm gonna let Lescott go as he was just signed on a free on 13k wages just as cover and probably Caulker too as he doesn't play much and is at his peak

Gomes is a great shot stopper, I believe that Carlos Kameni is a superior shot stopper however. As for ter Stegen he organises the defence much better resulting is less clear cut chances in the first place! I am a big fan of Gomes and would use him for two seasons in FM12 normally until Kameni and ter Stegen start to eclipse him.

What role are people using Cavani in by the way? I used him as a lone poacher with great sucess for a couple of seasons then I got Leandro Damiao who was immense, Cavani lost his edge as became relegated to Target Man (attack) when I rarely am playing in a 4-4-2 alongside Damiao (poacher) he's been ok but not like he was before in my 4-2-3-1 and 4-5-1 where he played as lone poacher.

Then Damiao got injured and I have just started playing him as a complete forward to try and get the best put of him and not have to rely entirely in wonderkid Vaclav Kadlec, and Cavani has been great at complete forward (attack) got a hattrick away from home in our CL semi final vs Marseille and a brace at home vs Man City.

Gomes has been superb for me, though this will probably be his last season as first choice, currently in the 2014/15 season. I am now on a mission to try and get a predominantly British squad (8 out of 22 atm) but the keeper is proving to be a stumbling block, any suggestions?

As for Cavani and Damiao, both are averaging a goal a game over the last season and a half but I have been playing them in different roles to most of you, with Cavani as poacher and Damiao a target man. These are the roles my scouts suggested they worked best at. Do your scouts have the same opinions or do you ignore this and swap their roles anyway?

Noticed that a lot of guys on here shop Gomes out pretty early on in favour of some of the other popular goalkeepers (Guilherme, ter Stegen, etc)- have to say that I persevered with him and he's just been voted to the World XI as a starter at the age of 33. He's just an unbelievable shot stopper and I very, very, very rarely have any problems with his 18 eccentricity.

I agree, Gomes is excellent in the game. I used Gomes for the the first 3 seasons and only moved him on (AC Milan for 9.5M) because I got Victor Valdes for free heading into season 4. He's still starting for AC Milan in season 7.

I signed Guilherme in season 1 and had to loan him out to Litex every season until he got a work permit.

Freidel was off loaded after season 1 as I didn't want his wages sitting there as a back up only, plus the age factor.

Valdes provided a further 3 years of excellent service before heading into my 7th season, where Guilherme had overtaken Valdes (sold to Bari for 8.5M) ability wise.

So in season 7 Guilherme is my Number 1 ,with Viviano (signed for free end of season 3) my Number 2.

Guilherme has just taken up Romanian citizenship and is their National Team's new Number 1.

Any of your players from the proper squad gone into coaching? I've had Friedel & King poached off me, Friedel as an assistant & eventual manager at Everton before being fired & King got appointed as B'ham manager midway through the season season, got relegated but he's in playoffs now.

VdV is a coach at Dynamo Kiev, Pienaar is a coach at FC Twente, Cudicini is a free agent GK coach, Scotty Parker is a coach at Everton and I think that's it, wanna get Defoe to go into staff role but he's at Wolves and also get Modric too when he decides enough is enough

Any of your players from the proper squad gone into coaching? I've had Friedel & King poached off me, Friedel as an assistant & eventual manager at Everton before being fired & King got appointed as B'ham manager midway through the season season, got relegated but he's in playoffs now.

VdV is a coach at Dynamo Kiev, Pienaar is a coach at FC Twente, Cudicini is a free agent GK coach, Scotty Parker is a coach at Everton and I think that's it, wanna get Defoe to go into staff role but he's at Wolves and also get Modric too when he decides enough is enough

I only know of three off the top of my head (at work unfortunately!).

* King was a free agent Asst Mgr and for a few seasons, however has just been appointed Asst Mgr of Newcastle.

* VdV is a coach at Schalke. Will keep and eye on him down the track as he looks promising.

* Cudicini is a free agency GK coach.

I'll check some of the others tonight out of interest.

.........and here they are:

* Parker - coach at Leeds

* Gallas - coach at Bolton

* Pavlychenko - youth coach at Sunderland

* Pienaar - coach at Duisburg

* Jenas - Asst Mgr at Rochdale

* Assou-Ekotto - free agent coach

* Freidel & Defoe have retired but are no longer in the game.

King retired at the start of the 2014/15 season and I managed to snap him up as a youth coach. His stats aren't exceptional but, well it's King so gotta sign him.

Only other player who has retired so far is Brad Friedel who has disappeared off my game completely!!!

Just lost the CL final 2-0 to PSG was a joke as their keeper got MoM and both their goals came from penalties, peed me off a fair bit as I've only won CL once in 5 seasons and Europa once, previous FMs I normally do well in Europe but this year I've done terrible, even got beat by Sao Paulo in Club World Cup or w/e it's called where you play the normally South American CL winners in December.

Also the game seems to be giving me as Belgium manager a fun time injuring a majority of important players before the Euro C'ship 2016

Archived