FM12 Tottenham Hotspur Thread- The Best Team In North London

Anyone remember about sixty posts ago when I posted about how excited I was that i'd just signed Oscar Cardozo first season for 12 milion ? Jesus, what a let down ! Scraped sixth place and lost to Napoli in the EC semis ! Signed Saviola and Aimar in January to try and give my team the experience needed to pull through having spent most of the first half of the season in the bottom half of the table !

This season is a new season though... loaned Cardozo to Genoa for 2m (option to buy 13m)

Saviola to Milan for 5m

Defoe to Everton for 8m

Huddlestone to Birmingham for 9m

Kranjcar to Schalke for 3m

Sandro to PSG for 12.5m

Caulker to Villa for 4.1m

Khumalo to Lille for 1.8m

That huge overhaul paved the way for Cavani, Rossi and Howedes to join the club and so far so good ! Incidentally you are all fools, I've said it time and time again Pav is amazing ! 37 goals last season !

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply
have you guys found it difficult to sell players in FM12?

cant seem to generate interest in players...and if i do they turn down moves or demand that we contribute to wages.

Yeah, pretty hard. I offered Gallas out for 1k as an experiment and not a single bid. Tried the same with Pav and got similar results.

EDA3D591098880DF136F804821A87AB2060C050D

Just a basic 4231. The only things I have changed are the 2 CM's to Deep Lying Playmakers.

One thing I do is look at the report my scout gives me about the next opponent. I check where their goals are coming from, and mainly where they concede a lot. Against Arsenal, I saw that most assists against them came from the left. So I focused passing down the left and played Bale there.

The result? Sagna, the rightback, and Mertesacker, the rightsided centerback, got the lowest ratings in the match and Bale scored twice, assisted one and got MotM.

In October 2013, just got the board to buy a new stadium! Finally! First time I've had them do that in hundreds of FM versions/saves. Abit of a strange name though the 'Perryman Arena' which should be done Summer 2015 with a capacity of 50k :)!

just starting a new spurs save. decided to call it a day on the last save after 5 months into the season i was down in 8th and vdv out for 4 months. was looking foward to getting new signing hulk in january only to find out he is out for 6 months with a broken leg. disaster

I beat arsenal 2-1 at the emirates first game of the season but drew my next to against city (shoulda won was 2-1 at 86th but De Jong of all people scored 2 mins later) and against Stoke it was 2-2 not sure on the first half I forgot to switch the tab and it was 1-1 at HT lol

Offered Paloschi a contract as a back-up @ 25k p/w with 5k appearance and 5k a goal, but he chose Chievo instead at 16k p/w :(

Still, Adil Rami been transfer listed at Valencia for £8m. Liverpool have put in a bid but I think I can get him to WHL.

MY GOD. I hope Spurs snatch up Leandro Damiao IRL. What an absolute beast. Using as sole striker in second season. Adebayor was useless, ended up having Pav killing it, but he's just not good enough for a title challenge :)

Check LD's stats!!!

Leandro.jpg

How did you get your attribute page to look like that?

Getting ready to start my annual Spurs save to run alongside my Barca save. It'll be fun this year trying to take the team to the Title and getting back in the CL. My goal is to get rid of the dead wood and supplement the team with a strong youth core to develop. Going to use the same formation I had last year of 4-2-3-1 where Bale was an absolute beast. Going to wait and see how Adebayor does to see if I'll keep him. I mainly want to focus on buying players that can become homegrown while keeping my stars and getting rid of the oldies.

not been able to settle on a long term save so far.. going to try with tottenham, really enjoyed my career in '11 ... going to look to just improve upfront as i have no faith in any of the current crop of strikers... i want damiao but we will have to see if i can afford him somehow....

who would you recommend selling first window?

I swear, Huddlestone hits the bar more times than any other player I've seen on this game.

Noticed the same thing last night. Quite realistic tbh. Should score more.

Welshace: You can get away with the original squad if you want. Could sell a CB if you wanted (and you can keep Ledley/Gallas fit!!). GDS is sellable but could turn out great. If you don't plan on using him then you'll get decent money for Livermore.

I'm in need of some help!

I am currently in my 3rd season as the mighty Spurs, in Feb 2014 actually. I have a very good chance of winning the league for the first time with me being 7 points clear of Man U and 8 clear of Man C in 3rd. When the summer comes along i want to get rid of a few players and give the younger players some playing time ( Sanogo, Fierro and a few regens). One of the players i NEED to get rid of is Tevez. This is where i need some advice. He is now 30, 3rd choice striker behind Negredo/Doumbia so i really dont need him or his 250k/wk salary!! (He had a 25% annual pay rise that i didnt know about). The problem is i cant sell him! I even reduced the asking price to £10. Million, even though hes worth £18 and no-one will bid either because his wages are too high or asking price is too high!

HELP!!

you might end up with tevez untill his contract runs out. its very hard to sell high wage players at that age ( just like it would be irl ) thats the down side of taking him in, i got 4 good seasons out of him, but then he started sucking big time. took me 2 season to sell him. got lucky in the end that atl. mardrid picked him up for less then half of his value.

What. A. Team.

Who the hell is Stegen though? Never heard of him.

EDIT: Jesus, just saw who you have on the bench too :D

i was about to buy adler when i found the stegen guy, he is a young gk, my scouts said would be awesome. he has turned out ok, not pure world class tho. and yeah its a ok team, i wanted to put some more english players in the mix, but its to expensive to buy from the bigger english clubs :( and so far i havent found a english talent with more then 4 stars (allways 3,5 after i sign them )

Midway through my first season.....

2nd in the league and unbeaten so far, scoring plenty but problem has been at the back where I have only kept 3 clean sheets (so just like real life then!)

PLD 15, W12, D3 GF40 GA16

Through to the semi finals of the league cup but struggled through a tough Europa group where I qualified on goal difference.

Just the one signing so far, Llorente for £28m (£14m up front) but he has only just started to come good, Defoe has been the go to man (see below). I like to play with width so tend to go with 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 both with an attacking basis from the start in pretty much all games.

Sold Dos Santos and Gomes so far and have just put Kyle Walker on the transfer list after he complained to the press (after I gave him a warning for a straight red :( ). Had problems in the demo with star players being unhappy with lack of discipline so ruling with an iron fist :)

Preferred starting line up, rotated well in the cups and so far (with the exception of Walker) everyone is very happy

GK Friedel

DR Corluka

DC Dawson

DC Kaboul

DL Assou-Ekotto

MR Lennon pld 23(2), goals 3, 7.09

MC Parker

MC Modric pld 20, goals 6, 7.15

ML Bale pld 21(3), goals 5, 7.58

AMC Van Der Vart pld 20(2), goals 8, 7.63

ST Defoe pld 15(5), goals 15, 7.29

Llorente pld 11(11), goals 6, 6.90

Pav pld 4(8), goals 2, 6.86

Hoping the club decide to give some extra funds for the upcoming transfer window. Priority will be the right side of midfield as Lennon has played pretty much every game and a new left back. Would be looking to improve rather than get cover so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thought I would give an update on my game. No transfer activity in the January window which ultimately cost me as the title challenge faltered due to injuries. I eventually finished 3rd 9 points behind the leaders but above Arsenal and Chelsea so all good. Also had a very successful run in the cups winning the Europa league, runner up in the league cup and reached the semi's in the FA cup.

Been very active in the transfer window and now feel I have a big enough squad to cope with the Champions league and a good title challenge. The values below represent total fee most of which will be in monthly installments....

In:

Wlfried - £2.5m (min fee release clause)

Ter Stegen - £23m

Di Maria - £15m

Deulofeu - £10m

Vrsaljko - £7m

Pablo - £1.1m

Capoue - £10m

Luke Shaw - £1.6m

Hummels - £23m

Just started the season with wins over Bolton and Arsenal with the first season's only signing Llorente grabbing four goals :)

Can everyone playing do two things:

1) Check in game status what size database you have

2) Search for Thorgan Hazard - do you have him in the game?

I'm on a large database, yet the player is missing.

I'm on small DB and don't have him.

However even with your large DB unless you have French leagues loaded there is no guarantee he'll be in your game. His rep isn't high enough to guarantee inclusion.

I'm just about to enter the 2014/15 season. So far results have been pretty solid, first season I won the FA Cup and Euro Cup, next season the Premier League and in my latest the finals of the CL and 2nd in the PL. However, I've got to the stage where I am really struggling to find quality to add to the squad, I can't seem to find anyone in the game rated above 4* with ''world class' players only getting 3.5*. I could do with some help on how to improve the squad, I've got 80m to spend and £400k variance in budget.

GK: ter Stegan (14m S1) / Areola (3m S3)

DR: Azpilccueta (20m S3) / Romario (3.6m S1)

DL: Vrysaljko (Retrained as LB, now a Natural in both. 2.5m S1, best buy ever - turned down 20m for him from Man Utd) / Bale cover

DC: Subotic (20m S2) / Phil Jones (12.5m S2)

DC: Otamendi (13m S2) / Dawson

MC: Fellaini (18m S1) / Khedira (6.75m S2) / Emre Can (2m S1) Cristetig (Free S2)

MC: Modric / VdV / de Vilhena (1.1m S1, developing well)

ML: Bale / Kagawa (Free S3) / GdS

MR: Di Maria (10.75m S2) / Salvio (3.5m S4) / GdS

ST: Cavani (29m S3 - Awesome, best player on the pitch) / Sanogo (3.3m S1 - been very promising)

ST: Rossi (35m S1 - probably my worst buy, though I got Tevez on crazy wages for a season and he was far worse) / Fierro (1.3m S1, scored 32 from the bench last season with 7.6+ in all competitions!)

Other subs:- Niang (6.5m S1, not really developed well) / Nangis (2m S1, not developed too well - hasn't got many opportunities and been on loan)

My transfer activity has gone down significantly, now I can't find anyone I want (who would actually come) to Spurs. Clearly I need help!

Spending 11/12

In: 95m

Out: 29.5m (Not sure myself how I balanced this one, paying over 48months ftw?)

Spending 12/13

In: 105m (I went a little crazy, but some great bargins like Di Maria for 10m, Khedira for 6m and Jones for 12m!)

Out: 59m

Spending 13/14

In: 31m (nearly all on the RB Azpilicueta)

Out: 25m

Spending 14/15

In: 5.5m

Out: 13.5m

Other big outs over the last 4 seasons:-

11/12

Kranjcar 5.5m -> Sunderland

Assou-Ekotto 8m -> Ajax

Parker 5m -> Liverpool

Pienaar 5m -> AC Milan

Gomes 2m (stupidly low I know!) -> Santos

12/13

Lennon 10m -> Villa

Bassong 5m -> Fulham

Kaboul 13m -> Wolves

Sandro 19m -> Inter

13/14

Corluka 6m -> Leverkusen

Walker 15m -> Man Utd

14/15

Huddlestone 10m -> Villa

how about looking at gotze, neymar or iker muniain for the attack. i have those on my spurs team and they are all great. also llorente is awesome, but he is to old in your game now i would think. in the defence i have Jose angel on left back who is awesome. in the middle adil rami has been great for me. on the middfield i would go for m'villa. he has also been awesome on my spurs team. alitle cheaper maybe jack rodwell, he isnt as good but he is english :)

wish i could have gotten phil jones. utd shiped him off to real madrid for a 3 of what i offered ( was just trying to see what they would accept)

2. edit dont look to much at stars, as your players gets bettter it will be allmost impossible to find a 5 star player. look at how he has played and how his stats are, in my game Christian Eriksen just ended a crazy season for man city with the highest avg rateing in all tournements, even tho he is only 2.5 star ca according to my best scouts. ( he shouldent even get on there team according to my scouts)

I finally got FM12 on Monday, and after some testing and failing with PSG, Malaga and Napoli, I just started a save with my favourite team, Spurs, a save which definitely will be my main save of this game.

I quickly decided to play a 4-2-3-1, the team simply fits perfect for that, Adebayor is the Ace up front, Bale on the left, then I bought Willian to put Lennon on the bench. And I can't say I regret signing Willian, he has been absolutely outstanding as our right winger. In my tactic, VdV is an advanced playmaker, Adebayor is a complete forward, Bale and Willian are wingers, all of them have attacking roles. Before my matches starts, I always tell the guys to exploit the flanks, and that has worked wonders. Willian has 5 goals and 2 assists in the first 3 league games, Bale has 1 goal and 4 assists. All of Bale's assists are crosses to Willian, who storms into the box from his right winger position, and thus he gets an "easy goal," as he only has the goalkeeper to defeat. I've only played up to the first "international week," (September), but it definitely looks like Bale/Willian will be the heart in this team, creating lots of goals together. Here's how my games so far has been:

Spurs - City 3-0

Spurs - Karpaty 4-0

Norwich - Spurs 2-6

Karpaty - Spurs 2-2

Spurs - Fulham 5-0

We've had a great start to our season, and as mentioned, it's the wingers who creates most of our goals. It also leads to lots of CCC, in the league games against City, Norwich and Fulham we created 17 CCC in total, 8 of them were against Norwich. I'm really excited about my save with this great Spurs team, but I was wondering, how are most of the others of you playing VdV, Bale and the right winger? Are you focusing on getting the ball down the flanks, or are you trying to have VdV involved as much as possible? VdV is no doubt the one who suffers in my tactic, as his contact with the ball is limited due to our focus on the wingers. But as long as it works, I wil no doubt continue having the offensive play based on Bale/Willian.

how about looking at gotze, neymar or iker muniain for the attack. i have those on my spurs team and they are all great. also llorente is awesome, but he is to old in your game now i would think. in the defence i have Jose angel on left back who is awesome. in the middle adil rami has been great for me. on the middfield i would go for m'villa. he has also been awesome on my spurs team. alitle cheaper maybe jack rodwell, he isnt as good but he is english :)

wish i could have gotten phil jones. utd shiped him off to real madrid for a 3 of what i offered ( was just trying to see what they would accept)

2. edit dont look to much at stars, as your players gets bettter it will be allmost impossible to find a 5 star player. look at how he has played and how his stats are, in my game Christian Eriksen just ended a crazy season for man city with the highest avg rateing in all tournements, even tho he is only 2.5 star ca according to my best scouts. ( he shouldent even get on there team according to my scouts)

Thanks for your thoughts. Gotze doesn't want to come, Real Madrid just offered £47m for Neymar who is still at Santos, I'm simply not willing to pay that. Muniain I can get for £25m, Jose Angel for £18m and M'Villa for £25m - I've been keeping an eye on all three but I'm just not sure if they're sufficient upgrade enough - if at all. I'd feel bad spending so much on a player who looks no better and will just take a bench spot away from one of my regen youngsters. Rodwell went to 'oil rich Newcastle' who are now spending 150k+ p/w on **** players and still finishing outside the t10.. Really torn as to what todo :(

Edit: Got Jose Angel in, Ganso also wants to come for 26m... Both on low wages, worth bringing in Ganso? Only problem is he is natural AMC and I don't play with a AMC but one attacking MC..

New to the forums and was directed here to this thread by AcidBurn.

About to start my first FM game with Spurs. I haven't played a management game since Alex Ferguson's Player Manager 2001 so this will be new to me.

I hope you guys don't mind but I will probably ask loads of questions (AcidBurn said you would be happy to help), although I will try to be sensible about it :)

Thanks for your thoughts. Gotze doesn't want to come, Real Madrid just offered £47m for Neymar who is still at Santos, I'm simply not willing to pay that. Muniain I can get for £25m, Jose Angel for £18m and M'Villa for £25m - I've been keeping an eye on all three but I'm just not sure if they're sufficient upgrade enough - if at all. I'd feel bad spending so much on a player who looks no better and will just take a bench spot away from one of my regen youngsters. Rodwell went to 'oil rich Newcastle' who are now spending 150k+ p/w on **** players and still finishing outside the t10.. Really torn as to what todo :(

Edit: Got Jose Angel in, Ganso also wants to come for 26m... Both on low wages, worth bringing in Ganso? Only problem is he is natural AMC and I don't play with a AMC but one attacking MC..

well the only other striker you might be able to get then is leandro damiao (that i can think off)

other then that i have run in to the same problem, i cant find anyone to upgrade my team anymore. i really wanted messi, but he wont even talk to me. and the other top players are either to old or to expensive (man u wants over 100 mill. £ for rooney )

Guys,

Going to start a Spuds game, but what's the cash situation like with Spurs, are you rich?

Whats the starting budget, do you get more funds in January, or is Levy generally tight? :)

You dont have to much to start with, but if you do deals where you pay over time you should have no problem paying for all the transfers you want to.

and as you get a few seasons in you will get bigger budgets. mine is normally 60+ mill £ even tho i bleed mooney every month and only break even cause of the money that comes in the summer.

You dont have to much to start with, but if you do deals where you pay over time you should have no problem paying for all the transfers you want to.

and as you get a few seasons in you will get bigger budgets. mine is normally 60+ mill £ even tho i bleed mooney every month and only break even cause of the money that comes in the summer.

Isn't paying deals over 48 months dangerous, also will that detract from your future 4 years budgets?

nah that doesnt give as much as i hoped. my sponsorhip deals are the big cash cow. got allmost 78 mill £ this season ( keeps going up each time they run out ) in comparison i got around 65 mill £ from both season tickets and gate receipts last year. tv revenue was just under 75 mill £.

Also, if you do good at the start of the season, you will most likely get more money before January. I've just made it to January myself, before the season I only bought Willian and Baines, meaning I didn't have much money left coming to January. But on December 31st, I got 32 millions £ more, with the same goal for the rest of the season. Don't know if I'm going to use any of them now though.

Archived