FM12 Tottenham Hotspur Thread- The Best Team In North London

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having problems signing Tevez.

Upto £17.5m on 48 months.... still not accepted.

I'm trying to do this before the first season opens. Should I be trying this or waiting?

Regards

LAM

I'm trying to do this before the first season opens. Should I be trying this or waiting?

Regards

LAM

Wait till January or even Season 2. In season 2 on my Docaster save, I had a 5.75mil bid accepted, although the player himself didn't want to know.

thanks.

I will try again at different times.

Though this is my first start in the full game, I did very well with my demo team with no purchases................ Will ride it out and see what happens.

Regards

LAM

Are you still in the first pre-season? If so, offer £5m plus vdVaart, that should be accepted, then mess up the contract negotiations, then put in another bid and they should have set an asking price of £5m only so you can get him for that. Might take a couple of £5m + vdV bids, if they're not interested in him then try Modric instead (but make sure the contract negotiations fail or you'll end up selling a top player by mistake!)

I decided to start with Tottenham. Sold Gio dos Santos to Anzhi for 15 millions and bought Iago Falque for 0.9m, Grant Hanley for 8m and Mario Santana on loan for the season. Transfers were arranged for Bernd Leno (8,5m), Carlos Fierro (1,5m) and Mateo Kovacic (2,5m) too but they'll all arrive next season. My first result was quite unexpected: TottenhamvArsenalSplitView.png

chaps,first season i won the lot,ade was brilliant,40+goals,didnt really make any signings either!!

second season,runners up pl,semis of champs league,won both domestic cups,signed cavani,65 goals.SUPERB

got rid of the usual fringe players,and signed astori,kolorov,cavani and douglas.i really want a top class center back and keeper,any ideas??

How do you play Cavani? I'm using him as an advanced forward

I can't seem to make a single bit of money.

For some reason the board gave me £27m in November and upped the wage budget an extra 200k but I didn't ask for either & my balance is currently only £6m, my finances are secure and I'm trying to ship off dead wood and the old players on big wages (Friedel & Gallas) but having trouble tried to get rid of guys like Livermore, Dawson & Huddlestone

I've made it through to the 1st rouch of CL so I'm hoping some of that prize money will help, I'm assuming the plans to upgrade my youth facilities again are a reason for my balance being so low - really need a cheap striker tho as I've only got Cavani & Sanogo, just put in a bid for Doumbia but if there are any cheaper alternatives that I'd be better off signing pls point me to them

1st season started well, progressing well in all competitions, resting most of my first team for Europa games. Europa was a lil tricky to get the best out of fringe players and youth, but managed to qualify. Wasn't happy with a few areas of my team though so in the January window I terminated Ade's loan and sold Pav to Villareal for £5m. Brought in:

Tevez £18.25m

Lavezzi £25m

Samba £21.5m

M'Vila £28m

Cavani £30m

All transfers were done over 2/3/4 yrs and designed for instant results.. worry about the cost later! Ended up winning League and FA cup.. Europa.. and Premiership (P38 W27 D11 L0 F82 A22) Started to look like my gamble was worth it!

Summer, I let a lot of contracts run out.. Cudicini, Bentley, Jansson, Obika, Byrne, Fredericks, Smith and Alnwick all left on frees.

Also cleared out:

Parrett - Brighton - £900k

Pienaar - Wolfsburg - £5.25m

Gio - Olympiakos - £3m

Corluka - Dortmund - £10.25m

Niko - Werder Bremen - £3.1m

Brought in:

Pawel Kaminski - INF Clairefontaine - Free - Promising CB

Alessandro Galli - Roma - £1.4m - VERY promising ST

Steven Gautier - Stade Rennais FC - £1.7m - Promising RW

Andres Guardado - Deportivo - Out of contract - pretty decent 3 star LW (always played well, set up goals, fans loved him)

Ben Foster - Birmingham - £975k - Needed cover for Gomes

Neymar - Santos - £41m (again, over 4yrs.. I knew I shouldn't but couldn't resist)

This transfer window also saw a major improvement in the training staff.. I'd already replaced a few key areas but let several staff members contracts expire that weren't quite up to the task and brought in top quality replacements.. everything was now 4.5/5star rated for both senior and youth teams..

Pre-season started better than expected.. Players all seemed to click with each other.. convincing wins throughout.. a 1-0 win against Man Utd in the Community Shield was followed by wins against Wolves and West Brom in the league and a convincing 4-0 win against Shaktar in the European Super Cup and I thought I'd cracked it.. I had.. won every game from that point.. few injury crisis moments mainly around the LB position following a 9 month injury to BAE and minor knocks to Bale, Bassong and Gallas had me sweating a bit though so in January I brought in Aly Cissokho for £14m along with David Hubscher from Schalke for £3.8m (another promising ST). Sold Naughton to Blackburn for £1.5m n released Defoe due to him constantly moaning about being good enough despite the fact he was useless and couldn't get near my 1st team.

Finished the season unbeaten in all competitions again, but by winning nearly every single game this time.. only minor blemishes on the flawless season were

1-1 H Dortmund CL 1st KO Rnd 2nd Leg

0-0 H Arsenal FA cup 6th Rnd

2-2 A Barcelona CL Semi 2nd Leg

1-1 N Liverpool FA cup final (won 6-5 on penalties)

Beat Real Madrid 5-2 in the final after finishing the Premiership with a pretty unbelievable record of P38 W38 D0 L0 F98 A14

Despite winning absolutely everything on offer, purchasing all of those expensive players over 2/3/4yrs resulted in massive losses. Levy responded by providing a Chairmans loan of £65m to make the club just about break even for the season.. for some reason this doesn't show on the finance screen as something which needs to be paid back though and the club debt on the info screen hasn't increased either.. not sure why!

Just now starting my 3rd season and the latest transfers are:

In:

Said Rafik - INF Clairefontaine - Free - Promising CDM

Steve Duval - PSG - £3m - CM with amazing potential

Gordon Dawson - MK Dons - £140k - ST with decent potential

Abdallah Yaisien - PSG - Free - AMC, decent with great potential

Emre Can - Bayern - Free - Decent DMC with good potential

Marko Marin - Werder Bremen - Free - WL

Shinji Kagawa - Dortmund - Free - AMC (replacement for the steadily declining VdV, who whilst still prolific in front of goal, needed to be cashed in on)

Ter Stegen - Gladbach - £9.25m - GK that most know about

Javier Mascherano - Barcelona - £15.25m

Matteo Carfagna - Juventus - £3.3m - 15 y/o GK with amazing potential

Out:

Mason; Ranieri; Bostock - Free

Van der Vaart - Bayern - £21.5m

Guardado - Dortmund - £12m (yes the fans loved him, but I'd replaced him with Marin via another free transfer, so it was good business)

Going to be interesting to see if I can have another season like the last one.. I'm kinda doubtful, despite the fact I haven't lost in 2 seasons (except in pre-season friendlies the 1st yr to Malaga). If I do win everything again, will Levy still bail me out financially should the income not come close again? If I don't win everything am I going to be sacked or will I have earnt the backing of the board enough by now?

For anyone who's interested, I usually play a 4-2-3-1, Fluid, Counter and will switch to a 4-4-2, Fluid, Counter with a DM if I think the opposition will be trickier.

Typical line-up this coming season will be

4-4-2

-----------------------------Ter Stegen-------------------------

Walker (FB/Auto) - Samba (CD/D) - King (CD/D) - Cissokho (FB/Auto)

----------------------------M'Vila (A/D)--------------------------

Lennon (WM/S)------------Modric (CM/S)---------------Bale (WM/S)

-----------------Cavani (TM/A)---------Tevez (T/A)---------------

4-2-3-1

-----------------------------Ter Stegen-------------------------

Walker (FB/Auto) - Samba (CD/D) - King (CD/D) - Cissokho (FB/Auto)

-----------------M'Vila (A/D)---Mascherano (CDM/S)---------------

Lavezzi (W/S)--------------Modric (AMC/S)-----------Neymar (W/S)

---------------------------Tevez (AF/A)---------------------------

I find that with the squad I've got, there's plenty of opportunity to switch players about if need be due to form or injury, or just to give them a rest/give others playing time.. that's the most important thing to consider when getting new players.. I still need some more cover at CB and RB, and I'm going to struggle soon with the Homegrown rule in Europe.. not because I don't have any HG players.. just because the ones I have are mostly rubbish.. fingers crossed though!

Another couple of seasons and I'll be starting over again with Grimsby so I can try earning the Spurs job instead.

............ Just to clarify, you started with Spurs right? and not Man City?

ps..... if you start with Grimsby and spend like you did..... there is NO WAY Levy would take you ;)

Yeah.. I don't think anyone on this shopping list would have entertained me if I was managing Grimsby anyway, so it doesn't seem like such a problem.. this was more of an experiment.. everyone keeps saying how if we just bought a few top players we could dominate and it would be worth the investment.. whilst these purchases definitely dominated both domestically and abroad, they never came anywhere near to repaying the investment.. might be a lil different if I can be successful again this year though as I've got my main kit deal and a decent sponsorship deal up for renewal.. be interesting to see what they'll be worth in 12 months.. overall though, we can't afford to really compete with Barca/City etc.. best waiting in the background til they implode financially

i hardly had any money, just like in fm 11 they will finance it with a bank loan and huge stadium sponsorship deal. my new stadium (perryman park) has 65.000 seats. it started with around 18k seats less and they then added to it. for some reason the building of the stadium only took 1 season.

Yeah.. I don't think anyone on this shopping list would have entertained me if I was managing Grimsby anyway, so it doesn't seem like such a problem.. this was more of an experiment.. everyone keeps saying how if we just bought a few top players we could dominate and it would be worth the investment.. whilst these purchases definitely dominated both domestically and abroad, they never came anywhere near to repaying the investment.. might be a lil different if I can be successful again this year though as I've got my main kit deal and a decent sponsorship deal up for renewal.. be interesting to see what they'll be worth in 12 months.. overall though, we can't afford to really compete with Barca/City etc.. best waiting in the background til they implode financially

i did like you, paying over 4 years. in my first 7 seasons i have used 364 mill £. but i also won 20 cups and 6 epl titles in the 7 seasons. so its been worth it, cause we got now got new owners who started by paying off all debts and giving me 220 mill £ :)

New to this, but I have had a great experiance so far. I started a league so you could not make signings till the January Window. I was top of the league playing a 4-2-3-1 as many of you have been. Ade was emence, scored 30 goals in the league as a poacher. I was top come January and I decided to sign myself a lucury player in Hazard. The kid is brilliant. I signed him £20mil up front with £20 over 48months. A biggie for me, I like my bargains normaly. I also sold BAE (PSG £7.5m) sadly to replace him with Chissoko (£8m), I love the guy but I feel the replacement was necessary to improve. I also signed what I call "investments" - Two guys from Dinamo - Vrsaljko and Badelj. Both cheap and potential re-sale value. Vrsaljko saw an end to Charlie. Pav went on loan with a clause to buy of £4m, as did Pineer £2.5m - neither where playing. City came in with an offer for Santos... £12m... I think it probably twisted my arms on hazard, that and a bottle of wine!

I won the league by the skin of my teath - I think teams where starting to learn how to play against me, more and more space being exposed between my midfield and defence. But I held on. Good to see Arsenal drop out the Champions League spot :-)

During the months between January and March 2012 - I signed Leandro (£14m) and Caressmo (9.5m) (probably incorrect spelling - the Sau Poulo DM). Caressmo I saw as a replacement for Parker - possible partner for Sandro should I choose to either carry on with the 4-2-3-1 with deeper DM instead of CM in the next season - or Defensive cover. Leandro of course was going to be my striker option, despite Ade doing so well, I wanted to go with a more youthful player on a smaller salery.

Close season, I sold Kranj (£7.5m Sunderland - saddened me). Bassong - had a good season, but I wanted to give a go Caulker and I also had the cover from Caressmo, Bayern paid £5.5m. Pineer and Pav left after their loans, out the door also went Townsend and livermore. I had some money to spend... again! I made another big signing in Lucas Mora for £40m - same deal as hazard. Kid took a while to get into it, but is emence! Following the new AM joining, Bale has been demoted from winger to wing back - fighting it out with Chissoko. This is my team

GK - Gomes or Friedel

DC - Dawson Kaboul start, King Caulker and Galas in reserve... Caresmo if needed

DL - Bale and Chissoko - FB Auto - I tweek them to hug the touch line

DR - Vrsaljko and Walker - FB Auto - I tweek them to hug the touch line

CM - Hudd or Badelj as a deep lying playmaker Support (this can change to a BWM support depending on oppo, if so, these two are not picked)

CM - Sandro, Parker and Caressmo as BWM Defend - I edit their mentality to defend more on a team mentality control - it has closed the gap between midfielf and defence

AM - Modric or VDV - AP support... Modric canes in this possition

AMR - Lennon - winger attack

AML - Hazard and Mora - Inside forward attach (if I pick both, they play on opposite wings and swap - I keep AMR as winger though to provide width)

ST - Leandro is an advanced forward, Defoe is a poacher.

The amount of goals I am getting from my AM's is outstanding. Leandro has had a very dry patch for me and I am hanging on. This season, I am not playing with a higher tempo and narrower width as I was last season. I read up on "shouts" a bit more and have started to use them. Teams are respecting me too much and parking the bus. Means I have had to change style and be a bit more patient and if that doesnt work, try hitting them with a sucker punch by cancelling a call that I have set to retain possesion and work into box, with a faster tempo call of getting the ball forward and earlier crosses, normally from my full backs. Is working ok, I still need to tweak it a little, I think the main obstical at the moment is Leandro not scoring - hopefully he will come good. Im in Jan 2013 - not making any signings this time around (I have the budget but I have noticed I am slipping towards the red on the balance sheets!), but I have agreed to sign the Japanese kid from Dortmund... I see him as a replacement for VDV possibly, can play on the wings too and has both feet... nice! I think I may decide to concentrate on youth now. At the moment, I am 2nd a point behind chelsea.

I wanted to add. I found a kid via a scout playing for Emploi in Italy, Striker, has the stats to make we want to play him right away, decided to agree a fee in the summer so he can still have time playing first team football in Seria B, but I think it will end Defoe’s term with me. I will get him at 17, so will be a “trained in England” category for me in the future – winner! Kid looks awesome!

I wanted some advice on VDV. He is still playing a role for me, he comes on and plays well, sometimes I do drop modric into the deeper playmaking role in my MC position and play him more advanced, but I am conscious of his age. With the new AM coming from Dortmund on a free-bee, and a youth product regen I have at a 3.5 star potential coming through the ranks – already learnt VDV’s PPm’s, I want to ask what you would do? He has a re-sale value of £7.5m at the moment, I could probably get £10-12m from him to help pay for my prior mass investments or invest in future talents when I scower the globe for regens in the summer. I am conscious I need to look to the future a bit more and cement kids I can bring up through the team that count towards the rules on squad pickings. At the moment, a lot of my first team squad are under 21 still.

I also like the thought of buying a new defender in the summer… Either Sakho or the Greek from Shalker (name escapes me) does anyone have a preference or advise on them? King and Galas are out of contract in the summer – I may extend King’s contract, but Galas has been injured all season… which has given Caressmo more game time.

So, can I ask, has anyone still had VDV in the third season? Is he still a legend? Given my situation and the new signing I have coming, would you be tempted to sell to get what could be a potentially high value still? What would you suggest as a replacement for Galas and King?

I think all I want to buy this summer is a good quality centre back to challenge or improve on the Dawson/Kaboul pairing… that and a few regens. No drastic surgery needed!

So, can I ask, has anyone still had VDV in the third season? Is he still a legend? Given my situation and the new signing I have coming, would you be tempted to sell to get what could be a potentially high value still? What would you suggest as a replacement for Galas and King?

Whilst VdV is still a legend, his stats will start decreasing slightly at the start of the 3rd season.. he's turned 30 and was never the fastest to begin with.. I'd personally recommend playing him as much as possible up until the end of the season so you can bump up his value a bit before the sale.. if he goes on a decent scoring run with long shots, free licks and penalties you could double his value.. Kagawa who you're replacing him with isn't gonna score you loads of 30yd goal of the season contenders but he is lots more agile and could be just what you need to set Leandro off on a scoring run..

So, yeah.. sell him.. general rule of thumb is to sell all attacking players when they hit 30.. you can still get good money for them and you won't be lumbered with enormous wage bills for players who aren't quite good enough anymore.. defenders are slightly different as you usually don't pay them massive wages and it can be hard finding quality replacements.. I'd definitely recommend getting Kyriakos Papadopoulos though.. start of the 3rd you should be able to get him for around £13-16m.. with the right staff you'll have him at 4star rating in no time

VdV is finished with me, he got a series of injuries over the 2nd season and his pace is down to 9 whilst most of his technicals are similar I ended up bringing in Canales to replace him and I'm having a hard time trying to ship him off - he rejected a host of clubs including Milan & Schalke

I need decent cover/competition for Lennon tho and I'm not sure who to pick, I don't wanna break the bank though as I've done that in recent seasons and my balance was looking pretty dire to say the least until good ol' Mr Levy came with a £40m cash injection

Thanks Matt and Silvatougue, will be a sad goodbye for a great servant, but your indeed right. Club first. I do like the look of Papadopoulos, will definately give him a go, looks like a player that will play a pivitol role for a decade, well worth the outlay in such case!

Fingers crossed I can get Danny boy to give me a nice new stadium, I keep getting told "the club does not invisage an increase in support" or something along those lines... May depend on this seasons performance in the league and Champs League run. Like with you Matt, I am seeing my finances suffer as a result of my two big signings. My wages though are about the same as when I started. I think I will be more responsible in the summer of '13 - I'll avoid the lager this weekend then!

Matt123, have you tried the Swiss kid.... is it Shaquiri? I have also heard people rave about Hoilett, but for me, he does not look like an improvement. Pedrotti at Sevilla on my save got unhappy when I was courting him at the beginning of 2012-2013 season, he wanted to move when I bigged him up and then had a bid rejected, I decided to go for Moura instead but Man U got him for £14m I think.

I need decent cover/competition for Lennon tho and I'm not sure who to pick, I don't wanna break the bank though as I've done that in recent seasons and my balance was looking pretty dire to say the least until good ol' Mr Levy came with a £40m cash injection

Are you using Lennon as a right mid or a right winger? If right mid, I'd suggest looking at Bryan Ruíz.. You should offer him a significant step up from Fulham and he shouldn't break the bank either.. and he definitely looks to be more useful than Lennon.. If you're after a winger, I'd personally break the bank and go for Lavezzi.. he's been amazing for me.. on a budget though, I can't really recommend anybody.. maybe Younes Belhanda?? Just invest heavily in your youth development and scouting.. it's worth it.. n if you're on a budget then you should get a few more years out of Lennon before he's totally useless which will give you long enough to introduce a new, top quality, home grown player..

Ahh yeah I nearly forgot about Shaqiri I think you're on about, he looks a good shout and should be cheap compared to the likes of Hazard etc. and yeah Hoilett didn't look all that good to me, his crossing was particularly low on my game

Thankfully I've managed to ship off a couple of players for a decent amount noticably Dawson for £13m, The Great King is retiring this season and I might try and tempt him to join my backroom just for nostalgia but he wants like 9k a week when he's not that good. I've got big Brad back as a GK coach and he's 4 1/2 rated in that - I think it's Parker's last season as well this year but I've signed Andrea Poli to cover him and I'm also gonna ship off Benny for £5m having brung in Cissokho from Lyon for £13m as well.

I would've kept VdV had he not been injured for near enough the whole season with a couple of 3-4 month injuries and then he kept getting niggles on his comeback game so I just gave up and tfer listed him

Oh yeah I play Lennon as a winger so yeah I know I got a while before he turns useless it's just needed incase of any injuries etc as the left is pretty much covered

Ok - I had a really good end to my second season. Retained the premiership and won both cups, although Utd knocked me out of the Champions League at the 1/4 final stage. I made signings in March for the Summer, Papadoupolos for £11m and, amazingly, Kehdira for £5.5. I did not need him, but for that price I could not say no - I sent the young Brazilian Caresmo back home for £12m. I improved on the possition and made money.

The weekness I have in my squad is a deep lying midfield playmaker. At the moment, my best option is Modric... but I prefer to play him more advanced. Huddlestone isn't good enough. Problem I have is I want someone to "dictate tempo" in that possition. Modric and Huddlestone keep failing to adapt their play, my coaches are all 4.5 stars - very anoying.

Alex Witsel looks good - excellent mentals, but Sporting are not accepting my bids of £25m+, I can't seem to unsettle him either. Rodwell... I'm not sure on, not sure if he will be the tempo dictator I want, he also likes to play short balls. I'm not sure who else to look at - seems like Poli is more suited for a more advanced role. Hamsik has already gone to Man U.

Any advise? I have plenty of money to spend... that is no problem

You won't like the name I'll give you.. and to be honest, he probably wouldn't want to sign for you anyway.. but John Obi Mikel is probably the best DLP in the game.. failing that, maybe Mario Bolatti at Internacional?? He's not amazing, only 2.5/3star rated according to my scouts.. but he seems to have everything that you'd need from a DLP on my save.. at somewhere between £7-10m he'd have to be worth a punt for a season or two.. even just as a backup

My normal starting 11 so far in Sep 13

-------------Ter Stegen--------------

Walker-Otamendi-Bassong-Aly Cissokho

---------------Sandro--------------

--------------Modric-Poli-------------

Lennon------------------------------Bale

--------------Cavani/Doumbia-----------

Subs normally consist of - Caulker, Kaboul, Hudd, Kovacic, Kranjcar, Canales & either Cavani or Doumbia depending on form

I'm around 5th atm with that team after 6 games, lost to Fulham 2-1 after going a goal up -__- but I beat Man City 4-1 at home and drew with Liverpool (who are top) after taking the lead in the 87th min they scored in the 90th from a corner...how very typical.

Hoping to go further than the 1st knockout round of CL where I got knocked out by Marseille, I'm currently top of my group which is a fairly tough group of PSG, Leverkusen & Celtic winning both games 4-1 and 3-1 against PSG & Celtic - I'm aiming for the Semi finals this year and the final would be a bonus, despite winning the PL the last 2 years I'm not sure my team can bring the CL back to North London this year as I'm lacking a strong box 2 box midfielder, I tried to sign M'Vila but Rennes were rejecting my £28m bid and after getting in srs financial trouble last year it's not the route I wanna go down again.

Made a few big signings in the summer of 2013:

Canales £12.5m

Poli £13m

Shaqiri £7m

Smalling £8.5m

Sold...

Ekotto £5m

Pienaar £2.5m

Naughton £2.7m

Gary Cahill loan fee of £1.8m to buy for £6.5m

Danny Rose ln fee of 600k to buy for £1.8m

John Bostock £1.2m +clauses

a few youth players as well for small amounts and frees

I think overall I sold about £22m worth of players and bought in about £58m worth of players including newgens

Still got a few players like Townsend, Luongo, Coulthirst, Zapata Caicedo and Adam Smith etc hoping to ship a few of them out for small fees, a couple are on loan hopefully they get interest from teams, tbh I'll take a small amount of their value if it means I get them off the book and add on a 50% of next tfr fee etc

Just strengthening for my 2nd season Champs league campaign - can anyone recommend a decent backup for Lennon?

They need to be M/AM R (ie not just AM R) as I play a flat 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Cant see anyone that decent for the MR position on a player search.

Burty

I had a similar question and I signed Shaqiri altho he doesn't have the best crossing and is left footed he's adequate back up, if you've still got GDS he could cover that side, maybe Ruben Rochina or Hoilett

I fully agree with you though, there seem to be a lack of decent right wingers

Have a look at Yohan Mollo and Kiko Femenia.

Both young talents, Mollo is dubbed the next Ribery and they both impress me week in week out at Granada with their direct running and speed.

Also Vladimir Weiss is a decent player on this years and is very versatile.

Can fill in up front as a poacher too with some of his stats ideal for the position.

seems to be a lot of good tips on players and formation here which is great do any of you worry about the training and coaches side of things?

There's no need to worry, if your not too interested in getting into the training sides of things, the default schedules are okay and players will still progress. But by making your own schedules for your own players or positions you can try increase the chance of certain attributes rising.

If you invest in good coaches and try get 4star for each training category you should be OK.

Remember to look at Determination, Level of Discipline, Motivating etc. when picking your coaches alongside the specific category you want them to excel in.

Finally finished my 1st season.

PL: 2nd

Europa: Winners (beat Braga on pens in the final)

FA Cup: Winners (beat Blackburn 3-0 in the final)

CC: Winners (beat Villa 3-1 aet in the final)

Could have won the league but an injury crisis and disgusting fixture pile up (last 7 games including 2 finals were played in 14 days!!!) meant Utd stole it. Still a very good first season.

Rafa took Player of the Year. Ade and Defoe hit 29 and 28 goals respectively in all comps (both played around 35 games, rotation was the name of the game). Bale was excellent(when fit) as was Lennon. Modric and Parker ruled the centre of the pitch. Kranjcar yet again was a top back up for either Luka or Rafa. Surprise star at the seasons end when injuries piled up was Falque, scoring and assisting crucially in both finals. At the back, Kaboul and King reigned supreme while Walker and BAE were excellent.

Next year I want a new keeper and probably a new left back to support Benny, don't think Rose is it. Dawson can go if the right offer comes in, I want to use Caulker when I can and Bassong is a great back up too. Signed Falque permanently but couldn't/wouldn't pay Ade's wages so may look for another striker although Suarez did come in Jan so might not bother.

COYS

Well, 3rd season is now over.. Pre-season went very well again.. the team seemed to have carried on the form of their near flawless second season.. A 3-0 community shield win against Man City, a Euro Supercup win against Arsenal on penalties after a 1-1 draw and a league win against Chelsea along with a cpl of lesser teams and it looked as if I could be in for a repeat of the previous season.. then we met Watford in the League cup 3rd Rnd and despite dominating the game, eventually drew 1-1 thanks to a seriously off-form Tevez and Cavani.. we went out on penalties.. 'No worries, its only a mickey mouse cup' I thought.. 'We'll be alright'.. far from it! That rather embarrassing defeat was followed by a shocking run of form in the league that featured draws against Villa, Man Utd, Blackpool, Leicester, Bolton and Arsenal, coupled with defeats away at Blackburn and at home to West Brom! This was not the start to the campaign I'd imagined.. my first 15 games had a record of W7 D6 L2, which left me back in 5th position and 12 points behind league leaders Blackburn.. morale was at an all-time low and nothing seemed to work with getting my strikers scoring or stopping my defence giving away silly goals.. then we had the Club World Championship to contend with just before the congested festive period.. I was not happy! As it turned out, it was just what we needed to provide a confidence boost.. 2 easy games gave us a cup win and a super-size serving of morale.. that was quickly followed by a more respectable 11 game win streak in the league which put us right back in contention for the title.. this never stopped several of the players crying to both me and the press about us underperforming however.. the run ended with a draw at Utd, but following that, the only points dropped were with draws against City, Bolton and Arsenal.. we eventually sealed the league on the last day finishing 2 points in front of Chelsea after they drew against Blackburn.. if they'd won, the league would've been theirs as they had a much better goal difference.. still, we won.. thats what matters! A 2-1 win against Newcastle in the FA cup and a 4-2 win against Barca in the Champions League meant the season finished quite a success despite the rather poor start..

One thing that I did notice all season was how much we were missing Van der Vaart.. he was always there to score important goals or provide the perfect free kick/corner to let somebody else nod home.. despite Modric being a better all-round player, I found myself getting increasingly frustrated that he wasn't Rafa.. something had to be done! summer clear-out started with offloading Tevez as he'd hit 30.. £34m off Utd with a bonus clause for £7.5m if he scores 20 league goals.. I'm quietly confident he will do despite his sporadic performances last season.. this was swiftly followed by Modric's departure to City for £48m.. I know he's a class player, and covers several positions.. but he just wasn't cutting it in the one position I wanted him for.. so then in came Javier Pastore for £50m and Stevan Jovetic for £8.5m.. hopefully these two are going to prove me right to restructure (I feel like I'm having a Fergie moment)

A few stupid red cards which cost us points, coupled with all-round uninspiring performances all season, plus some promising displays from Said Rafik convinced me to get rid of Mascherano after his debut season.. offered him to clubs for £40m and received an offer of £8m with £16 over 18months from Liverpool and an offer of £40m over 48months from Utd.. he's just signed for Utd!

Kagawa, whilst not being a bad player, also failed to impress me.. most likely due to my missing Rafa.. but as a backup CAM brought in on a free, he was never going to be amazing.. solid performances from Abdallah Yaisien (and several quality goals) against the lesser teams convinced me to make some cash on the deal so he's now been shipped off to PSG for £14.75m.. The money from him n Mascherano brought in a few youth prospects but the rest of it is gonna sit there in case I have some players injured or just playing badly for too long..

The close-season also saw me granted a new stadium.. The Perryman Stadium I think its going to be called.. capacity of about 49,300 at a cost of £200m less the £70m(ish) from selling the lane.. I'm kinda annoyed that I'm already having to pay nearly £1m a month to service the loan without having the increase in revenue that its gonna provide cos things were tight enough as it was after my early spending spree.. but for some reason the development brought with it a £5m a year stadium sponsorship deal that I'm already receiving despite the fact the stadium is 2years away from completion! League and Champions League performances have also proved to be very beneficial as I've now got a main kit sponsorship deal worth £25m for the next 2years and a total sponsorship revenue of £58m.. the really puzzling thing however is that Liverpool are for some reason topping the sponsorship table with just over £70m worth of sponsorship despite finishing mid-table the past couple of seasons..

The adventure continues...........

On the stadium question... perhaps spoiler I dunno,

I asked for stadium in third season iirc,and got nothing. Then after winning the title and another season selling WHL out, the board itself announced the building/rellocation to the Perryman stadium with 49000 capacity. Don't know how much money I had, but I was going in red numbers after splashing some cash (mainly on Hazard ) and a club takeover followed - before stadium was complete

. Local buisnessman took over and the change in board and stadium building did not get cancelled. I think they injected some money to get rid of debt but my budget was small afterwards 1,2 mill. I think, coz of my 48 month deals lol

As for right winger I got A. Valencia

possible spoiler

on a free transfer in 2015 as his contract at MUTD expired.

l played Gio for couple of seasons before that, oh and Landon Donovan was really good in the first season.

So far won the EPL in 2013 and twice runner up. Won FA cup twice.

It's hard to win the league as Man City is not dropping many points, we finished tied on 91 points in 2016 but they won due to goal difference.

PAST EPL winners in my save

11/12 season: Arsenal (TH 2nd)

12/13 : Man Utd (th3rd)

13/14 : Tottenham

14/15: Man City (th3rd)

15/16: Man City (th2nd)

In first season noteable transfers in were:Afore mentioned Donova, Llorente, Ilicic, Cissokho and Samir Handanovic (Udinese), first choice and ter Stegen as goalkeepers.

And Handanovic is one of the rare changes to database I made and increased his PA to ***SPOILER 180 instead of 165

, and his reflexes to 20 instead of 18.

This is just my oppinion on the data. He saved 6 penalties (IRL) last season in serie A, and equaled a 62 year old record, and is also a top notch shotstopper, so I gave a bit of boost, heh. Pagliuca recently praised him as the best goalkeeper in serie A.

Wouldn't mind seeing him as Spurs' goalkeeper at all.

As for assistant manager, hired Tony Coton, then Tito Vilanova.

Oh and I play 4-2-3-1 mainly.

and my current XI line up

Handanovic

Walker(Vrsaljko), Shawcross, Smalling, Canella

Modric- Sandro

Valencia -Hazard- Bale

Cavani

Just strengthening for my 2nd season Champs league campaign - can anyone recommend a decent backup for Lennon?

They need to be M/AM R (ie not just AM R) as I play a flat 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1.

Cant see anyone that decent for the MR position on a player search.

You should have a look at Willian and Douglas Costa.

I use Lennon as back up to Willian at AMR and Douglas Costa as back up to Bale at AML. Both can play AMC/MC if needed in a pinch.

I m playing with TH with similar approach given by Come_On_You_Spurs. I think it is the best tactic for TH. In the first season it was amazing. Lost FA Cup Final and League Cup final on penalties. Knocked out Europa League on Quarter Final by Bayern Munchen and lost Premier Division on final day to Liverpool. They played against Man. Untd on away and won with ten men. I eventually get a draw against Fulham who fight against relegation. In the final there were Liverpool 87, TH 85, Man. Untd 84.

But on season 2 it got complicated. Already i m out of championship chances, but still fight for cl. knocked out of cl in group stages. i am also confused and made some changes which probably unbalanced the team. one important issue that i couldnt resolve is when playing with one striker should he be a poacher or what? Btw i transfered doumbia to replace adeb. and got tevez for 6m in the 2nd season.

Just wondering to those of you that have bought Cavani ho much in transfer and wage you paid?

Been looking for a replacement to Ade as he wants 180k wage and wont budge and have decided to take the plunge and spend big on a truly quality striker to lead the line.

Archived