Looking for a team for the full game

Nation: European (not EPL)

Division: Top

European Competition: Doesn't matter

Media Prediction: Top-half at least

Board Expectation(s): European football

Transfer Budget: Don't really mind, anything >£10m is fine

Wage Budget: >£1.1m

Finances: Healthy enough to reward future success with increasing transfer budgets

Other: My desired formation is a 4-2-3-1 so I'm after a team which already has players capable of that system. Not looking for a top-top team like Real Madrid/Inter etc.

How about Lille?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nation: England

Division: BPL

European Competition: N/A

Media Prediction: mid to top half

Board Expectation(s): N/A

Transfer Budget: N/A

Wage Budget: N/A

Finances: N/A

Other: So I am going to be starting a network game with 1 other mate and we want to do the Prem but outside of the top 6 (Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs), so I'm looking for a team who is probably around midtable standard, maybe lower, but could push for top 10. Cheers.

Other: So I am going to be starting a network game with 1 other mate and we want to do the Prem but outside of the top 6 (Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs), so I'm looking for a team who is probably around midtable standard, maybe lower, but could push for top 10. Cheers.

Wolves or Sunderland. Both are quite stable in their finances, which can offer you a good transferbudget. They got some good players too.

Fulham, Everton, Sunderland, WBA?

Ok, I want a team that I can 'learn' and get better at Fm with.

I tried a Danish team, wanting to start at a low club and build it up, but I am clueless tactically and have lost interest with it!

Would like a team where the players are to some extent well known such as EPL teams.

Also like the team to be average, but with players of a decent quality, so I can use tactics other than 4-4-2 with them, I got the feeling that the Danish team I was didnt have the players to play in any complex way!

I tried a Danish team, wanting to start at a low club and build it up, but I am clueless tactically and have lost interest with it!

Would like a team where the players are to some extent well known such as EPL teams.

Also like the team to be average, but with players of a decent quality, so I can use tactics other than 4-4-2 with them, I got the feeling that the Danish team I was didnt have the players to play in any complex way!

While you may get frustrated with the restrictive transfers, Athletic Bilbao are a solid choice- you don't have to be a tactical wizard to get them to play well, they make profits, and they have a solid squad. I'm always shamelessly plugging this team but, seriously, I feel you can learn pretty well with them and their transfer policy actually helps in that you probably won't over-spend and there is less risk of expensive flops.

If they aren't for you, maybe try one of the newly-rich clubs like PSG or Malaga. If you want to bring a club back up to the top league, maybe try Monaco in France. In Italy you have Napoli and Lazio who both seem like they would be pretty straightforward tactics-wise.

If you want to stay in England, go for Stoke City- you probably won't win but they seem very tactically straightforward.

Try U.D Leiria. They're supposed to be a mid-table side in Portugal and you can get an excellent feel of picking players up from successful youth systems and beng able to work with a formation.

Im thinking of a new game with either Fiorentina, Hoffenheim, Blackburn or Athletic Bilbao. Whoever has played with any of those what have your experiences been?

I tend to get bored easily once I take a team to win the league soon and rarely if ever go past 3-5 seasons but I want this to be an exception. Any advice?

Im thinking of a new game with either Fiorentina, Hoffenheim, Blackburn or Athletic Bilbao. Whoever has played with any of those what have your experiences been?

I tend to get bored easily once I take a team to win the league soon and rarely if ever go past 3-5 seasons but I want this to be an exception. Any advice?

I'm a huge Athletic fan and play them every year. I can't speak for the other teams, but if you want a long-term save Athletic is a good team to do it with. First of all, you can only sign Basque players and, since most of the best Basque players are already with Athletic, your options are limited. Second, because of their policy, youth development is a huge part of the team and they have the facilities to develop great youngsters. Third, most of the players already in the team are at an age where they should be playing with you for at least five seasons. Finally, the finances are good and in this year's FM I turn a profit with the team almost every month- the team is set to move into a new stadium in 2014 but that is not reflected in the game for some reason, but a user in the Athletic forum made an update to add the stadium change.

In FM10 I got all the way to 2024 with Athletic and loved it, but because I almost exclusively signed newgens, it took me until 2019 to win the league but I turned Athletic into a powerhouse and supplanted both Madrid and Barca.

I haven't played as the other teams but here are my impressions:

Hoffenheim and Fiorentina: Both are similar to Athletic in that they're teams on the rise and are middling sides. Could be fun saves for sure and actually I have thought about playing as both but never have gotten around to it. Both could be great for youth development as well.

Blackburn: Could be fun, but my experience in the Premier League is that it's very difficult to progress unless you choose a top 8 team.

The German league is a pretty good one to stretch boundaries because there's no player restrictions (age or EU regulations) in registering/signing players, you get a very tidy sum of prize money for playing in the first division each season (based on finishing pos) t's a competitive league that can attract top players from anywhere.

Club: Leicester City

Division: English Championship

Transfer Budget: from £4.25m (for top half finish) to £6.5m (for winners).

Wage Budget: from £325k to £400k (as per transfer budget).

Finances: Secure (about £20m).

Board Expectation(s): Minimum is a top half finish - could do that with the second XI!

Key Players: Jermaine Beckford, Dave Nugent, Gelson Fernandes, Matt Mills (most of the first team actually)!

Pros: Ridiculously low expectations, loads of money, great starting squad, sugar daddy chairman (I believe).

Cons: Lack of wingers, lack of physical strength in midfield, lack of quality playmaker.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 2 (would be a 1 but there are some good teams in the Championship).

Additional Information: Perfect team for me because, well, I support them...

Looking for a team

Nation: Any in Europe

Division:Top division in country

European Competition: I prefer if they not are in a european competition

Media Prediction: Any

Board Expectation(s): Expectations that are easily achieve able

Transfer Budget: If there is enough to but one or two players to the starting eleven, thars fine.

Wage Budget: Room for one or two players

Finances: good finances

Other: A small squad would be nice :)

Nation: any

Division: top flight

European Competition: any or none

Media Prediction: any

Board Expectation(s): any

Transfer Budget: 5m and above (enough to sign a couple fo players)

Wage Budget: any

Finances: any

Other: looking to play 3-2-2-1-2 so ideally want a team with two great wingbacks and a Veron/Riquleme type in midfield.

Nation: Italy

Division: Serie A

European Competition: Preferably none

Board Expectation(s): Any

Transfer Budget: Any

Wage Budget: Any

Finances: Ideally pretty decent (see below)

Other: Doing my annual hot seat game with my friend (last year did dortmund leverkusen) Probably going to play a good many seasons together so want something that feels like an achievement when you eventually reach the top. We've decided on Serie A but not on teams. Looking for a team which needs some work but has all the basics in place to become a big team eventually. Any suggestions welcome

Club: Barnsley

Division: nPower Championship

Transfer Budget: 200k- 400k

Wage Budget: 60k - 80k

Finances: Okay - 1.5m in the black.

Board Expectation(s): Avoid Relegation

Key Players: Danny Haynes, Steve Foster, Goran Lovre.

Pros: No expectations, no debt, few good player's.

Cons: Not much depth to the team, lack of good central midfielders.

Level of Difficulty (1-10 with 10 being difficult): 6-7

Additional Information: I won the championship first season, so it is definitely possible, the board expect relegation so it's a win-win.

Go on give it a go, it's worth it if you're a manager up for a challenge that is well achievable. Any questions.....

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/280698-FM12-Barnsley-F.C-Aiming-for-Mid-Table-for-a-Change!

Nation: Italy

Division: Serie A

European Competition: Preferably none

Finances: Ideally pretty decent (see below)

Other: Doing my annual hot seat game with my friend (last year did dortmund leverkusen) Probably going to play a good many seasons together so want something that feels like an achievement when you eventually reach the top. We've decided on Serie A but not on teams. Looking for a team which needs some work but has all the basics in place to become a big team eventually. Any suggestions welcome

Take a look at Genoa. Maybe also Fiorentina, Palermo, or Lazio as well.

Sent the entire week since FM came out playing as Cardiff, got promoted 1st season and was competing well in the prem and was looking forward to developing 2/3 young players I had found. Sadly I wrecked my save by deleting it and only having a back up version that was way way way back. Tried to use the back up but too much had changed and I lost out on players and staff..so have binned it completely.

Now, What next?

I want Nation: Any european except British

Division: Any club in 2nd tier

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: top 8

Transfer Budget: A few million.

Finances: Ideally pretty decent

I'd like a club like Cardiff who have been missing out on promotion recently but somewhere on the continent.

Sent the entire week since FM came out playing as Cardiff, got promoted 1st season and was competing well in the prem and was looking forward to developing 2/3 young players I had found. Sadly I wrecked my save by deleting it and only having a back up version that was way way way back. Tried to use the back up but too much had changed and I lost out on players and staff..so have binned it completely.

Now, What next?

I want Nation: Any european except British

Division: Any club in 2nd tier

European Competition: none

Media Prediction: top 8

Transfer Budget: A few million.

Finances: Ideally pretty decent

I'd like a club like Cardiff who have been missing out on promotion recently but somewhere on the continent.

U.D Leiria ;)

Nation: England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain

Division: First

European Competition: Any or None

Media Prediction: Top Half

Board Expectation(s): Ambitious

Finances: Any

Other:

Gentlemen and i suspect a few ladies who are afraid to admit it, welcome to the time of year when real world productivity declines and fm productivity goes through the roof. As i do every year when i purchase the new game i fret about who to play with and second guess the choices i made in the build up. Seeking some advice and guidance from fellow seasoned FM veterans on who to manage. The specifics above are a guideline but basically I'm looking for a fun, enjoyable save (as everyone is) with a team that isn't one of the big boys, something with a basic setup for success with which to immerse myself in FM. Any advice is welcome...

ps- my original choices were Atletico Madrid, Schalke, Lazio or Marseille. In no order and basically because they looked like they would be fun saves...

Other:

Gentlemen and i suspect a few ladies who are afraid to admit it, welcome to the time of year when real world productivity declines and fm productivity goes through the roof. As i do every year when i purchase the new game i fret about who to play with and second guess the choices i made in the build up. Seeking some advice and guidance from fellow seasoned FM veterans on who to manage. The specifics above are a guideline but basically I'm looking for a fun, enjoyable save (as everyone is) with a team that isn't one of the big boys, something with a basic setup for success with which to immerse myself in FM. Any advice is welcome...

ps- my original choices were Atletico Madrid, Schalke, Lazio or Marseille. In no order and basically because they looked like they would be fun saves...

I'd say PSG or AS Roma.

Nation: Any

Division: Lower League Team

European Competition: None

Transfer Budget: Lots please, possibly a sugar daddy

Wage Budget: Lots

Finances: Rich

Other: I want a lower league team that's rich. A bit like Notts County a few FMs ago where I can spend as much money as possible and not have to worry about it.

Im not sure to be honest, but I know on last years Crawley started off with £150k for being in the Conference so I would suspect they have more now, and Gatesheads chairman is meant to be a sugar daddy. He wipes any loses away I know that.

Also, look at Brindisi in the lowest Italian league, as do most lower league Italian teams.

Other:

U.D Leiria in Portugal

Malaga, Atletico, Hoffenheim, Genoa

Other:

Nation: Any - Not England or Scotland

Division: 2nd/3rd Tier

European Competition: None

Transfer Budget: Healthy - ability to fund a promotion push

Wage Budget: As above

Finances: As above

Other: I really want a team in which I can have a really long game with, I lost the enjoyment with last years one and could only do 3 seasons then get bored. Please enthuse me again!!!

Nottingham Forest. Funds are tight but the squad is a strong one. You'll play in one of the most competitive leagues in the world and whilst they're only predicted to finish 6th, automatic promotion or the league title is a possibility. The squad contains some good players like Lewis McGugan, Ishmael Miller, Matt Derbyshire Wes Morgan etc etc. Team Guide: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279159-FM12-Nottingham-Forest-Thread-Reminiscing-Ol-Big-Ed

If you are willing to drop a little bit further down, then Crawley or Gateshead would be a really fun save. Crawley are said to have quite a bit of money, and Gateshead have a sugar daddy owner. Im not sure what the transfer kitty is like but I do know that if your finances look poor then he drags you straight back out of it by ploughing money in.

Abroad, look at Furth in Germany's 2nd tier as they look a great prospect. Have some really good players :thup:

Nottingham Forest. Funds are tight but the squad is a strong one. You'll play in one of the most competitive leagues in the world and whilst they're only predicted to finish 6th, automatic promotion or the league title is a possibility. The squad contains some good players like Lewis McGugan, Ishmael Miller, Matt Derbyshire Wes Morgan etc etc. Team Guide: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/279159-FM12-Nottingham-Forest-Thread-Reminiscing-Ol-Big-Ed

Sorry not in England. Any ideas?

Archived