FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

I think the only attacking player within my team to have been sidelined for less than a month is Chamberlain. Right through my team there has been injuries left right and centre. Walcott has only managed 14 games out of 27 and now he has gone and cracked his skull. Gervinho has only managed 6 starts. RPV has missed crucial matchs, 30% of premierleague games so far.

The training isnt over strenuousness and match preparation is average. Is there anything else I can do to minimalize injuries.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Project 4th

Failed

The season is over and my target of getting 4th spot has failed.

Over the 20 league games within this time period I showed title challenging form finishing 22 points behind league winners united.

I still only achieved 7th though and am not in any european competitions next season.

The highlights of the season would have to be RVPs 33 goals from 36 starts, even though he had 8 spells out with injury.

Another was the success of Fernando in midfield.

Summer Changed

- Jean-Michel Gaillard joins Arsenal

- Esteban Granero joins Arsenal

- Gylfi Sigurdsson joins Arsenal

- William Remy joins Arsenal

- Zakaria Labyad joins Arsenal

- Julian Schieber joins Arsenal

- Adyran joins Arsenal

- Joop Van Der Veen joins Arsenal

16.75m

- Andrea Santos joins Aston Villa

- Kyle Bartley joins Southampton

- Park Chu Young joins Juventus

- Vito Mannone joins Inter

- Mikel Arteta joins Athletic

- Per Mertsacker joins A.C Milan

- Johan Djourou joins Southampton

- Carlos Vela joins Birmingham

- Nicklas Bendtner joins Birmingham

- Sebastien Squillaci joins Fiorentina

- Andrey Arshavin join Stuttgart

- Emmanuel Frimpong joins Torino

- Denilson joins Bologna

- More Loans and Free Transfers

42.5m

I put in a couple of bids for high profile players although they was never serious. I had offered Hazard a contract but he chose Chelsea over me. Ganso was another but my 25m bid was rejected. Van Persie has accepted a new 5 year contract at 105,000 per week.

gervinho is having a good season for me in fact we seem to concede more when he is not playing!

played 33 scored 9, 13 assists and average rating of 7.50, its early april

HE FINISHED ON IN THE LEAGUE 33 13 13 7.62

Season Update/Review

Sorry for the lack of updates but got into the game and couldn't be arsed. We had a bad run after crimbo and ended up changing my formation to 1 upfront so podolski scoring run came to an abrupt end as van persie was the vocal point and Gervinho has made himself indispensable on the left.

Jan transfer news:

In:

Fernando ~ £5.75m

Johnson ~ £19.25m

Robinson ~ £10m

Notable Results:

Champions League

So after beating fc Nordsjaelland comfortably we got Real in the Quarters, home leg first.

Arsenal 4 Giroud4

R. Madrid 1

And as you can see giroud suited it well, well so i thought.

R. Madrid 4

Arsenal 0

So out i crashed played horribly!

FA Cup

Beat Watford 3 - 0 in the 3rd round Walcott with a first half brace and an own goal by the unfortunate Loach. We then draw Middlesbrough away and i made to many changes and lost 2 - 0 not good, so that left us with 2 trophies to concentrate on.

League Cup

In the two legged semi final affair with Blackpool the agg. score ended up at 6 - 3 in our favour, so it was off for my first trip to Wembley.

Arsenal 3 Kjaer2, Vermaelen

Newcastle 0

Thank god the defenders knew where the back of the net was. But who cares the first trophy in the bag, know we can consentrate on the league.

Premier League

Arsenal 4 Podolski2, Walcott, Vermaelen

Man City 0

Wigan 5

Arsenal 2 Arteta, Giroud

**4 - 0 down after 30 mins not good didn't turn up at all and this was the middle of our worst run of the season!

Chelsea 4

Arsenal 1 Gervinho

Arsenal 3 Giroud, Ramsey, Gervinho

Man Utd 1

**And that completed the double over utd and put our nearest rivals 5 points behind who where also in a bad run of form, this result really turned our season around.

Spurs 1

Arsenal 1 Arteta

So with 2 games left we where sitting top with Manchester 2 points behind (both of them)

Arsenal 4 Van Persie, Song, Gervinho, Rangel o/g

Swansea 0

Man u lost 2 - 0 away at Chelsea, but city won 1 - 0 at anfield, so we had to win our final game to guarantee the title or hope city didn't!!

Stoke 1

Arsenal 0

**Away at my boggy team :( throw everything at them including the kitchen sink, but Begovic and Shawcross where not getting beat!

City Bottlers

They only drew 1-1 at carrow road!

The League tittle back at the Emirates Stadium and that complete a famous League & cup DOUBLE!

League:

Arsenal 87 +65

Man City 86 +44

Man Utd 82 +57

Spurs 73 +36

Chelsea 67 +25

Relegated

West Ham

Q.P.R

Southampton

The stats (league Only)

Podolski ~ Plyd 35 ~ Scrd 30 ~ ass 10 ~ Avr 7.77 **League Golden Boot

Gervinho ~ Plyd 33 ~ Scrd 13 ~ ass 13 ~ Avr 7.62 **Fans player of season and most assists in league

Van Persie ~ Plyd 26 ~ Scrd 11 ~ ass 10 ~ Avr 7.24 **Disappointing

Walcott ~ Plyd 34 ~ Scrd 10 ~ ass 11 ~ Avr 7.32 ** was brillient early on when we where playing 442 and he was upfront, went off the boil slightly when we changed to 4321 and he was on the right

Kjaer ~ Plyd 36 ~ Scrd 5 ~ ass 3 ~ Avr 7.24 **Solid as a rock

Surprises

Gibbs ~ Plyd 14 ~ Scrd 0 ~ ass 2 ~ Avr 7.19

Coquelin ~ Plyd 22 ~ Scrd 2 ~ ass 4 ~ Avr 7.12

Manager of the Year ~ Me

Golden Glove ~ Szczesny

Team of the year:

Szczesny

Kjaer

Walcott

Gervinho

Podolski

Cup competitions have pretty much decimated my first season. I got dumped into the Europa League after a tough CL group, progressed to the final of the Carling Cup, FA Cup and Europa League, which has meant that my last 6 weeks of the season contained about 20 games.

I lost the Carling Cup final painfully to Spurs, but beat Blackburn 5-0 in the FA Cup final, however I've just been spanked by Spurs in the league due to player fatigue, and guess who I play in the Europa League final? Spurs again. Then after that I still have to play Man City, Everton, Man United and Wolves in the league, in 9 days, and I need 9 points to secure 2nd place, where I was comfortably all season until the pile-up began.

Just started a save on my updated DB. No CA/PA changes but hundreds of future transfers set to go through at the end of the season. Anyway, downloaded a tactic to give it a whirl, which uses 3 out and out strikers and no wingers.

372c14a4d47d01578ca514924d36cda5.png?1341149053

Having to use Afobe a lot due to injuries and he's playing really well, think this could be the save where he actually progresses for once, will be using Joel Campbell when he returns from Lorient too, even though with Podolski and Giroud set to join, I'll be flooded with strikers.

Theo and RVP are playing outstandingly well also. Looking to bring through Gnabry, Toral and Bellerin on this save too, while Angha gets rave reports from Assistant Manager also.

End of second season, won the league and Europa League, and getting Mancini sacked after the final :D

Messi has began his usual non negotiatig contract with Barcelona so I'll look to swoop for him in the next year or so, whilst having to maybe get rid of 1 or 2 players, nothing major.

Signed an awesome young defender regen called vermeulen :D so him and TV are my back pairing when Kos gets tired

Season 2

Transfers In:

Castaignos £6.75m **Loan to feeder club Genk

Shawcross £12.5m

Cavani £29.5

+4 very talented English youngsters + 2 other youngsters

Transfers Out:

Biera £7.5m

Frimpong £1.7m

Djourou £4.9m

Rosicky £1.9m

Mertesacker £7.5m

Giroud £5m

Santos £4.2m

Squillaci £675k

+ free transfers and loads of loans

2nd trip to Wembley Wasn't a happy return

Community Shield

Arsenal 0

Man Utd 1

Premier League

Arsenal 3 Podolski, Van Persie2

Spurs 0

Chelsea 1 **now managed by Pep

Arsenal 2 Walcott, Johnson

Arsenal 2 Van Persie, Gervihno

Swansea 1

Norwich 1

Arsenal 1 Walcott

Arsenal 5 Gervinho2, podolski, Jagielka o/g, Yobo o/g

Everton 2

Newcastle 0

Arsenal 3 Van Persie3

Champions League

Bordeaux

Twente

Club Brugge

Arsenal 3 Gervihno, Walcott, Cavani

Bordeaux 1

Twente 2

Arsenal 2 Cavani, Gervinho

League Cup 3rd Round

Bristol City 2

Arsenal 4 Podolski3, Van Persie

So, I've just completed my first season and its the most successful first season Ive had in a long time. Ended up winning both the Premier League and the CL with some ease. A feat even more impressive considering the amount of injuries I had.

arsenalsquadplayers6.png

Only players missing are Nesta and Rosicky (who both picked up long term injuries and are retiring as a result) and Santos, who was so bad that I'm definitely moving him on. RvP probably my player of the season, but personally for me Podolski and Koscielny were my two most consistent players. Special mention for Chamberlain who played the majority of the season in central midfield due to two big injuries to Wilshere and Arteta.

As for plans for next season, I'm definitely moving on Santos. I will probably look to move on Mertesacker on and bring in a young, cheaper replacement. Arteta is definitely someone I am looking to move on as Coquelin and Lansbury both had fine seasons and I also have Ramsey coming back from loan. As for the rest of the squad I'm undecided, although Di Maria and Ashley Young are both on the transfer and whilst I dont need a winger as such, they would improve my squad.

barclayspremierleagueovv.png

arsenalvmanutdinformativ.png

1st season report - minus all the boring stats and facts since I'm at work...

Carling Cup - Breezed through the rounds easily, lost 3-1 (I think) to Spurs in the final after a mini injury/suspension crisis left me with no full backs.

FA Cup - Easy draws and other teams getting knocked out early on practically gave me a bye into the semis where I played Man United. Phil Jones was sent off for a scything tackle after 2 minutes, and I still only just squeezed past them 3-2. Beat Blackburn 5-0 in the final. Almost too easy, but the silverware is what counts.

Champions League - Knocked out in the groups after losing to Lille twice, and drawing twice with Shakhtar. Gutted. Man City won it in the end, despite only getting 4th in the league.

Europa League - Ploughed through to the final, but lost again to Spurs in the final, infuriatingly. Bale, just returning from injury, came into the game on 75% condition, played 120 minutes and then beat Sagna and crossed (to Adebayor) for their winner while on 36% condition. I was fuming.

Premier League - After a decent start we were trailing Man United at half way, they were unbeaten and destroying everyone. Rooney ended up breaking the PL scoring record, they scored over 110 goals, and amassed a record 96 points on route to winning the league by 18 points.

We headed into the last few weeks battered and bruised from 3 cup runs, after losing to Man City and Everton and drawing with Liverpool we needed 6 points from our last 2 games to clinch 2nd - United (their final game) and Wolves, both at home. United were still unbeaten and gunning for our Invincibles record, but we won a gruelling game 4-3 after going behind three times, and then saw off Wolves with a nervy 1-0.

Players - Leandro Damiao top scored, but only because van Persie was injured more. Mesut Ozil inspired us countless times after he joined in January, scoring 7 (including the last 2 in our 4-3 over United) and assisting about 13. Gervinho was pretty awesome too, top assister, and Walcott scored 18 from the right wing. Vrsaljko deputised for Sagna who was injured a lot, and did superbly.

Arteta and Santos were disappointing though, I couldn't get either to play well and their morale seemed poor all season. Wilshere struggled a bit after he returned, and Ramsey was hit and miss.

Next season - I have Nainggolan coming in to add a bit of steel in the centre, Khouma Babacar and Robbie Cotton on frees, and a couple of regens for minimal compensation. Have to get rid of a lot of squad players too, but the wages and transfer budgets in this DB seem very generous, I'm going to have £40m unspent transfer kitty and £100k/w on the wage budget.

Started a new save (latest patch and transfer update from +- 15/6/12)

Bought Vrsjalko, Fellaini and loaned Sanago for the first team

Signed a dozen youngsters : Niang, Joel Valencia, Jésus, Campbell , 2 dc's from Genk, Goblet, Yesil, Fierro and many more

I Also loaned Zouma (what a player !!) and i have a future fee installed for 12milj euro .. so i'll buy him :)

i'm playing 4-2-1-3 formation

After 12 games i was leading the table after a 6-1 win againts City !! and 2-0 win against Chelsea

CL : 15 out of 18 (group with Montpellier, Ajax, Galatasaray)

13th game : Man utd - Arsenal 2-0

1.Manutd 31p

2.Spurs 31 p

3.Arsenal 29p

Hello everyone :) First time postin in this thread but used to post in FM11-FM08, mu username was baaazzzz .. but im sure nobody remembers lol :p

Anyways, i've just finished my first season Arsenal ( with Future Transfers) finished second in the league 1 point behind utd. Won the CL, F.A Cup 6th round.

Current Squad

GK - Szczesny, Fabianski, Butland

DL - Gibbs (just sold Santos)

DR - Sagna, Vrjaskio, Jenkinson

DC - Vermaelen, Djourou (Djourou maybe going to Lyon in P/E for Cissokho and have a 4m bid for Jonny Evans)

DC - Koscielny, Bartley

DMC - Song, Coquelin, Frimpong

MC- Arteta, James McCarthey, Ballack (Free)

MC- Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky

AML - Podolski, Gervinho, Myachi

AMR- Walcott, The Ox, Willian

ST - RVP, Sanogo, Niang

My plan is to build up a squad that has a UK (inc R.O.I) core, I dont mean the whole squad of course, but I think being an Irish Arsenal fan that I would like to see more representation. Thats where Jonny evans comes in, and Sturridge on the Transfer list also. Anyone give me any suggestions for LB, trying Cissokho but not looking likely..thanks in advance :)

Im having a bit of a problem with training..

I got in mostly 4 1/2 rated coaches that cover all areas and am using Furious' training schedules but im seeing barely any progress in nearly everyone. I know tutoring is important but most of my young regens have high determination 16+ already which is more than all but 1 or 2 of my tutors. Another problem im having is players like coquelin, no one is interested on taking him on loan.

2013/2014 Season

Preview

Previous League Positions

2012/2013 - 3th

2011/2012 - 7rd

Achievements

- N/A

Finance's

Transfer Budget - 122m GBP

Wage Expenditure - 868k GBP

Balance - 170m GBP

Current Squad

GK - Szczesny, Martinez

RB - Vrsaljko, Romario

CB - Vermaelen, Koscielny, Remy, Zouma

LB - Gibbs

DM - Fernando, Song, Coquelin

CM - Ramsey

AM - Wilshere, Granero, Chamberlain, Sigurdsson, Labyad

ST - Van Persie, Schieber, Walcott

Young Potential (Reserves)

CB - Miguel, Prestia, Llori

CM - Cotton

AM - Adryan

Under 18 Potentials

GK - Cisse, Tocci

RB - Davidson

CB - Gaillard

LB - Shaw

DM - Veem

ST - Thompson, Dury

Pre Season Round-Up

Gervinho & Gustavo are the big names to leave this year and with not a great deal on the wings, means Il probably be playing a narrow formation.

Potential screenshots coming soon.

My plan is to build up a squad that has a UK (inc R.O.I) core, I dont mean the whole squad of course, but I think being an Irish Arsenal fan that I would like to see more representation. Thats where Jonny evans comes in, and Sturridge on the Transfer list also. Anyone give me any suggestions for LB, trying Cissokho but not looking likely..thanks in advance :)

Try Jack Robinson

2013/2014 Season

July 2 February

So far this is been a very experimental, but good, season for me. Its February but I am still making radical changes to the formation which I just cant seem to get to compliment all 11 players on the pitch. My latest change has seen me switch from a possession dominating, strikerless Spain styled formation to a counterattacking 3-2-2-2-1.

Im currently sitting 2nd in the Prem and if it wasnt for a very poor January I would be battling for top spot with United. As it is I am 8 points behind them with 61 points from 28 games. As for the CL, I have beaten Fenerbahce in the first leg of the first knockout round 1-0, away. A good result. I was knocked out of the league cup a long time ago and have just beaten Manchester City in the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Formation

This is my new formation, as of now it seems to be doing okay. Creating plenty of chances and seem much less liable to concede than I have done previously. The game does seem to bypass Sigs a little though and I would like to see Walcott wider and causing more problems. I have played 9 games with this formation, winning 8 and drawing 1. Conceded 4 goals whilst scoring 20.

newformation.png

Shock at Manchester

Who would have thought it! Rooney has gone and requested a transfer, citing his reason as 'wanting a new challenge'. Declared my interested in him and he replied that Arsenal is a team he dreams about playing for. Il be keeping very close tabs on this although money will most likely stop this happening. The current asking price is 49.5m and he is earning nearly 20% of my entire wage budget at Manchester United. Im quite proud of my 868k wage budget.

Glimpse of March

Funnily enough, my next game was against Manchester United. Can only say this formation is working a treat at the moment. Counter Attacking football at its finest! Quality result.

easyunited.png

Really tempted to sell RVP now after this afternoon. Any idea on who could replace him? I am needing someone who can drop deep and play people in whilst scoring as I am moving towards a 4-1-2-2-1. I am coming to the end of season 3.

I am also in your situation SJ. Not really because of whats happened IRL today but just because I need to prepare a long term replacement reasonably quickly. Schieber doesnt perform at the same level as RVP for me.

Not to mention RVP has missed a staggering amount of games through injury and failed to gain any type of momentum, particularly in the last season where he only managed 6 goals in 22 games, 18 assists.

2013/2014 Season

RoundUp

A good season all in all for me! My formation is working well and we made progress as a team and individually.

I finished second in the league behind United who have dominated for the 4th year in a row. I got to the semi's of

the Champions League only to bow out to Barcelona on a 6-3 aggregate loss. I have also managed my first trophy

as a manager, the FA Cup, beating West Ham 2-1 in the final.

Confidence has been lost in the aging RVP and I will be looking for a replacement in the summer. I am happy with the

midfield for the time being and may look to offload a defender or 2 to allow the younger ones to get more playing time.

Also got this little gem lined up for just over 5m. Scout saying he can play a way higher level than Song.

simoni.png

2014/2015 Season

Pre Season

Previous League Positions

2013/2014 - 2nd

2012/2013 - 3th

2011/2012 - 7rd

Achievements

2013 - FA Cup

Finance's

Transfer Budget - 150m GBP

Wage Expenditure - 798k GBP

Balance - 217m GBP

Notable Transfers

The big transfers this year were the departures of RVP and Koscielny who left for Liverpool and Real Madrid. This allowed Zouma to break into the starting 11 and Prestia to jump up to the first team from the reserves. As a replacement for Van Persie I have bought this guy. Dimiao was my first option but after I unsettled him he went to Inter instead. Rooney is still on the market but they are demanding way to much. I almost bought Djuric, who looks really good on here but opted for the cheaper, younger prospect instead. All transfers so far also below.

susic.png

transfers1n.png

transfers2.png

I'm considering selling RvP in my game during 2012/13 pre-season. Partly because of real life considerations, but also the fact that he won't sign for what I consider a reasonable wage.

I already have Damiao and Giroud (who's not working out too well for me so far), but Fiorentina just got relegated on my save so I'm thinking I'd be a fool not to try for Jovetic. He's listed by request at £24m, which I'm sure could come down to £16-18m, and he would really set me up for the future, unlike Robin.

I'm considering selling RvP in my game during 2012/13 pre-season. Partly because of real life considerations, but also the fact that he won't sign for what I consider a reasonable wage.

I already have Damiao and Giroud (who's not working out too well for me so far), but Fiorentina just got relegated on my save so I'm thinking I'd be a fool not to try for Jovetic. He's listed by request at £24m, which I'm sure could come down to £16-18m, and he would really set me up for the future, unlike Robin.

no world class player is going to have a reasonable wage....

In my first, or second (cant remember) season, I extended RVPs contract on a new 105k per week, now that Ive sold him to Liverpool hes on 135k.

Personally, I dont like going over the 100k barrier. For big players its such a cap, so far Ive lost out on Dimaio and Hazard because they received better offers elsewhere & Rooney, Balotelli and many others have been on the transfer market but I just cant meet there demands. My total wage budget is now at around 760k!

I think I only have three players that are on over 50k per week. 2 of them are on 56k and the other is Vermaelen on about 75k

Im having a really good season, just hit January and im top of the league. Only competitive game lost was league cup against wolves.

My Arsenal save has gone completely corrupt, including the two back ups. Am gutted, was doing so well...

So obviously I'm starting again. I'm going to sign Nesta like last time, but I dont think I'm going to sign M'Vila. He was really good, but I dont think he was worth £27m. Rather play Song there with Coquelin as back up. Or even someone like Bender.

The other big change is that I'm going to sell RvP. Don't think I will bring in a centre forward as I have Podolski and Giroud. Might look for a top winger, although I'm not sure who?

So I went a bit mad transfer wise.

arsenaltransfershistory.png

Really not happy with the RvP sale, but barely any club were prepared to pay for him, which was weird. Fee rises to £30m after he gets 20 league goals so its not that bad. And I dont really need the money. Bit more realistic too him going to City.

no world class player is going to have a reasonable wage....

Clearly it's all relative. I was willing to offer him £120-125k/w (to match Ozil), and I know others have got him to renew for less than that (I have done myself on a previous save), but for whatever reason he's not having it this time.

Just finished my first season with Arsenal. Didn't spend a penny all season and won a domestic treble (F.A Cup, Capital One Cup and Premier League), icing on the cake- WE WON THE LEAGUE AT ***** HART LANE! Onto next season, Luuk De Jong in on a free, bids in for John Obi Mikel (accepted), Andile Jali (in negotiations), and Rasmus Elm (flat-out rejected, but will rebuff and come back in. Want him to be my marquee signing). M'baye Niang signed for a measly £1.9M after he issued a 'come and get me' plea to me. Life is good.

Archived