FM12 Arsenal Thread - Life after Cesc

llama3

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it me and my game but the Ox stats never really improve? I have had slight gains but nothing to sing and dance about. Whereas Jack Wilshere just keeps getting better and better.

Even with some really good tutoring not real gains. I think he has an ok-ish PA and a reasonable CA so there should be some improvement, I just get to about the 2/3 season and cut my losses and ship him out. I would be interested to see if anyone has got him fully developed.

Even with some really good tutoring not real gains. I think he has an ok-ish PA and a reasonable CA so there should be some improvement, I just get to about the 2/3 season and cut my losses and ship him out. I would be interested to see if anyone has got him fully developed.

Not currently playing my Arsenal save at the moment, but I used Chamerlain from season one. I'd defiantly consider him to be one of my most important players, and consistent performers. Haven't got my save to load to give some cold-hard performance stats or an bang up to date SS, but here is one I posted in the 2014/15 season (think I'm around August 2015 in save), so probably even stronger stat wise from what you can see.

If you can set your team and him up effectivly he can easily develop into the world class potential that he has; but the most important thing is you have to play him. Quickly in the first season he became first choice at right wing over Walcott, playing in a counter attacking system. Since then he's played up front in a three, scoring and assisting plenty.

I can see your point regarding that stats he has, with you not seeing a plethora of blue numbers, but he's good enough for me, and the most important thing for me is how he performers, and his goals, assists and performances speak volumes!

Set him up on a training schedule that you want to mold him for, i.e either turning him into a physical beast, or developing him into a technical player etc. and play him week in, week out if you can.

7657730290_c223775799_c.jpg

I'm not sure why he doesn't have many more 'higher number' stats, I play him pretty much all the time and set him up on a good training program. But very much like what you said, he performs better than his stats suggest so for the time being I'm content :)

yeah he definitely needs improving in some area's .. i tend to do this sort of stuff before starting a save fortunately

What you edit before starting a save? I just don't get how/why he is so slow to improve stats wise

This is Ox in my save right now, after the first season. He has been injured twice once at the beginning of season one (3-4 months out injured) now at the end of the first season (2 months). Of course this is in an updated database where he has a higher PA I believe or a higher starting CA but he has developed well for me so far.

C9R8g.png

hi

I play a flat 4-4-2 , edited Song to Barca so need a midfielder ,looking at M'vila and Fellani , Possibly the later would fit better in my system , not to sure though?

cheers

Here is a glimpse into the future with my Gunners. The most promising for me is Sandro. I signed him from Barcelona on the first day of my save, along with Samper and Espinosa. He looks very much like a young David Villa, I believe that he is a very underused wonder kid on FM12, given the right training and tutoring he can develop nicely.

Sandro: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/sandrooverviewattribute.png/

Toral: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/jontoraloverviewprofile.png/

Bellerin: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/hctorbellernoverviewatt.png/

Can: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/emrecanoverviewattribut.png/

Samper: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/716/sergisamperoverviewattr.png/

Campbell: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/adamcampbelloverviewatt.png/

Frei: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/84/kerimfreioverviewattrib.png/

Gnabry: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/sergegnabryoverviewprof.png/

Sterling: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/raheemsterlingoverviewa.png/

As you might see that I have an Arsenal B instead of a reserve team. It is an edit that I always do, it leads to much better growth in young players, allows me to tailor their training and tactics as well as provides them with first team football. More of a benefit is that it stops me having to loan them out and them coming back a changed player.

The B team start of in BSP, its very low and they have walked the league first season gaining promoting to league 2 where they are always walking. However, I have promoted a few of the better players as I want them involved in the first team and the B team are struggling. I hope that my next crop of regens can fill in some of the gaps.

How have you managed to sign these youngsters from Barca, and Sterling from Liverpool? Surely they just want to stay at their respective clubs? Any chance of a transfers SS.

Interesting set-up with the B side too. Wouldn't mind do that with a team at some point, have a play around with it in a youth development type save.

How have you managed to sign these youngsters from Barca, and Sterling from Liverpool? Surely they just want to stay at their respective clubs? Any chance of a transfers SS.

Interesting set-up with the B side too. Wouldn't mind do that with a team at some point, have a play around with it in a youth development type save.

I just signed Espinosa and Dongou. Got Espinosa for £2.5M and Dongou on a free transfer as he was on a youth contract. Lovely.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/690/arsenaltransfershistoryr.png/

When you first start half the Barca youths are on youth contract or on transfer list (well on my game)

Hi guys and gals, I am looking at editing Arsenal to reflect the recent transfers. Does anyone know where I can find "all" the information on who has gone and who has come in for Arsenal in the last few months. I have done a search on the internet but have only found the big names. I am after all the players that have left and arrived. Any help would be greatly appreciated, also how much extra money should i give the gunners? I was thinking about 39mil from the RVP and Song transfers, your thoughts?

I'm in my 3rd season and I'd like a new GK. Don't get me wrong Szczesny is doing a good job but I'd like to give him some real competition.

I'd like to work with a keeper I have never worked with before. I keep getting offered Leno and the media are linking me with Reina. Both are going to cost me a fortune which is fine but I would like some advice on what 'other GK' that I should consider.

I play with a sweeper keeper if that is any help.

I'm in my 3rd season and I'd like a new GK. Don't get me wrong Szczesny is doing a good job but I'd like to give him some real competition.

I'd like to work with a keeper I have never worked with before. I keep getting offered Leno and the media are linking me with Reina. Both are going to cost me a fortune which is fine but I would like some advice on what 'other GK' that I should consider.

I play with a sweeper keeper if that is any help.

I got Craig Gordon on a free in my first season so I haven't really had any problems. What about Rene Adler?

Hi Guys,

Looking at starting a final save with Arsenal prior to FM13. Reading through the many pages, I would guess that A new Forward and maybe a solid Central Midfielder would be suffice in the first season. The rest of the team seems pretty well balanced, apart from a few key injuries? I was looking at selling a couple of Keepers?

Appreciate the feed back.

Hi Guys,

Looking at starting a final save with Arsenal prior to FM13. Reading through the many pages, I would guess that A new Forward and maybe a solid Central Midfielder would be suffice in the first season. The rest of the team seems pretty well balanced, apart from a few key injuries? I was looking at selling a couple of Keepers?

Appreciate the feed back.

I'd say get rid of your back up keepers and bring in Craig Gordon and rotate him with Woj for awhile because he is a great back up and rotating because he won't get concerned about playing time. Also I'd get a back up rightback for Sagna even though Jenks didn't do too bad for me when I was awaiting the signature of Romario. It depends what formation you use as well but a striker would be a good choice to bring in maybe a young back up. I waited until Javier Hernandez became unhappy at Man U then scooped him up for 6m in January 2013.

Also does anyone know how long it takes to ask for a stadium expansion if it can happen? I'm not sure if it is possible at the Emirates but I always sell out so I would like to upgrade it.

i would actually recommend NOT rotating Szczesny - he is already good, and the more you play him the quicker he progresses into an outstanding keeper. I lost Sagna for 4 months on my last save, and Jenkinson stepped in and actually outperformed Sagna, playing all my big games in the run in - including Spurs x 2, Newcastle, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid x 2 & Bayern Munich x 2 - he was excellent

i would actually recommend NOT rotating Szczesny - he is already good, and the more you play him the quicker he progresses into an outstanding keeper. I lost Sagna for 4 months on my last save, and Jenkinson stepped in and actually outperformed Sagna, playing all my big games in the run in - including Spurs x 2, Newcastle, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Real Madrid x 2 & Bayern Munich x 2 - he was excellent

Yes I like the look of Szczesny. I am hoping to start up a my save tonight.

Targeting Butland as a developing Keeper. Bringing in Mathieu Debuchy for a Full back, and most likely trying to sign Lucas Moura. Then 4-5 under 18 players if I can manage it.

2015/16 SEASON FEB REVIEW

doing very well so far i'm not scoring as many as previous season but i'm also letting in less goals

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007265128/screenshot/559825079545208096

no trasfers to tell you about

Sagna has 18 months on his contract he will be 33 at the start of next season so i will be review my assesment of him then, hopefully Vendakis who is on loan at lazio will be ready to step up(he 20) if not i have to think carefully about what to do if i deem sagna not good enough i have to get and older rb who will be able to play well for at least 1 season if i can find a good enough player available on loan then that would be my first choice

This might be something that I've just picked upon and I hope it gets resolved in FM2013, but somebody like Alex Chamberlain probably needs a basic stats upgrade. I mean he starts off the game with a technique of just 12, whereas I know they play in different positions but Aaron Ramsey's stats make him pretty much the perfect attacking midfielder, whereas he has regressed and Chamberlain on the other hand looks the far better prospect at the moment.

That must be some kind of bug, Jenkinson is awful irl lol

it isn't a bug - it is called using Jenkinson properly - look at Jenkinson's best stats - great stamina, work rate, determination and crossing - works very hard, and has an excellent final ball. He also has a good balance to his stats - most are not at all high, but very few are outright low either.

jenkinson progressed excellently last season irl, he is by no means awful

it isn't a bug - it is called using Jenkinson properly - look at Jenkinson's best stats - great stamina, work rate, determination and crossing - works very hard, and has an excellent final ball. He also has a good balance to his stats - most are not at all high, but very few are outright low either.

jenkinson progressed excellently last season irl, he is by no means awful

Agreed. Improving all the time, never stops, always gives his all and loves the club- he's a lifelong Gooner! He's only 20! People need to stop being so ignorant.

Archived