FM12: Looking For Thread

Club: Portsmouth

Budget: £3mil in total

Looking for: DL & DC

With: Preferably pace and Home-grown. Under 25 ideally, but not a deal breaker if they are older.

Season: Beginning of 2nd

Loyalty Bonus: Any

Agent Fee: Any

Just got promoted and have been given a fairly tight budget by the board. I have three Ok-ish DCs in Rocha, Halford and Mokoena, but I'm looking for someone with a little pace and preferably under 25.

I also need a LB that can fit straight into the team. Stephen Jordan was fine at Championship level, but I worry about him at the next level.

I have about £3million to spend.

Look at Dundee United for a LB, they have a couple of good ones who's names escape me at the minute.

For CB, look at Ryan Bennett, Sol Bamba, Miles Addison.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Club: Blackpool

Budget: £2.3M

Looking for: GK & CB

With: I'd prefer someone with a bit of experience, a Samba type player, big and good in the air.

Season: 1st

have a look at Kamil Zayatte for the cb role, currently at İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor, used to play for Hull not all that long ago and still looks really good on the game, Bursaspor bought him for £850k after one session on my Stoke save, so he should not be to expenssive

Budget: £2.3M

Looking for: GK & CB

With: I'd prefer someone with a bit of experience, a Samba type player, big and good in the air.

Season: 1st

GK: Alex Smithies. No need for experience when your as good as him :cool:.

CB: Miles Addison, Ryan McGowen, Danny Wilson, Jose Fonte, Tal Ben Haim, Aaron Mokoena

My mind has gone blank from abroad.

have a look at Kamil Zayatte for the cb role, currently at İstanbul Büyükşehir Belediyespor, used to play for Hull not all that long ago and still looks really good on the game, Bursaspor bought him for £850k after one session on my Stoke save, so he should not be to expenssive

Looks like a good player, but not willing to join Blackpool just yet :(

Club: Udinese

Budget: Would want to spend no more than £7m on this player

Looking for: Physical South American ST

With: HEIGHT, Pace, strength, stamina, determination and work-rate- 'Decent' 1st touch, technique, finishing, like a rough diamond who can be forged into someone like Solomon Rondon

Other:

Season: January 1st season

Loyalty Bonus: NA

Agent Fee:NA

Club: Udinese

Budget: Would want to spend no more than £7m on this player

Looking for: Physical South American ST

With: HEIGHT, Pace, strength, stamina, determination and work-rate- 'Decent' 1st touch, technique, finishing, like a rough diamond who can be forged into someone like Solomon Rondon

Other:

Season: January 1st season

Loyalty Bonus: NA

Agent Fee:NA

Does he have to be south american? If not look at:

El Hamdaoui, Toivonen, Nolan Roux, Baba, Maiga, Ado de Nigris

Club: Man City

Budget: Unlimited, I literally have £200m to spend

Looking for: AMR (Attacking)

With: Pace and Finishing crucial really to fit into my team

Other: No older than 25-27 (can be younger)

Season: January 2nd Season

I have been playing Cavani there for a while and he does well but he is better suited as STC and that's where I would rather he played. Any suggestions on who to sign would be much appreciated, I have all the money in the world and I'm willing to spend it all on this position, I have tried Messi and C Ronaldo, I had bids of £200m accepted but neither will sign for me.

MUST BE A SUPERSTAR.

I have been playing Cavani there for a while and he does well but he is better suited as STC and that's where I would rather he played. Any suggestions on who to sign would be much appreciated, I have all the money in the world and I'm willing to spend it all on this position, I have tried Messi and C Ronaldo, I had bids of £200m accepted but neither will sign for me.

MUST BE A SUPERSTAR.

Shurrle? Gotze? Alexis Sanchez? Neymar (would need retraining)? Douglas Costa? Mesut Ozil?

Club: Newcastle

Budget: £27 million

Looking for: MC (A Deep Lying Playmaker)

With: Passing and Creativity obviously but ideally would have a high Workrate as well

Other:

Season: 2016/17

Loyalty Bonus: Max allowed is 4.4 million

Agent Fee: Max allowed is 4.4 million

I'm approaching the start of the 2016/17 season and my current Playmaker Yohan Cabaye suffered a serious injury last season and has showed some signs of beginning to decline in his abilities. I have a couple of very promising young central midfielders in the under-18s, but they're only 15 and 16 and not ready to step up yet and be the creative hub in centre of our midfield. What I'm looking for is a player who'll be aged somewhere between 25 and 29 and can provide cover/replace Cabaye for the next 3 or 4 seasons while those youngsters develop.

I did try and sign Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal, and had a fee agreed, but couldn't talk him below a £5million loyalty bonus or a 'Match Highest Earner' clause, or get him to drop his wage demands to a level I was willing to accept (I've been keeping a very tight grip on the upper levels of the wages at the club).

MUST BE A SUPERSTAR.

Walcott/Gervinho? Jesus Navas.. Hulk?

With: Passing and Creativity obviously but ideally would have a high Workrate as well

Other:

I'm approaching the start of the 2016/17 season and my current Playmaker Yohan Cabaye suffered a serious injury last season and has showed some signs of beginning to decline in his abilities. I have a couple of very promising young central midfielders in the under-18s, but they're only 15 and 16 and not ready to step up yet and be the creative hub in centre of our midfield. What I'm looking for is a player who'll be aged somewhere between 25 and 29 and can provide cover/replace Cabaye for the next 3 or 4 seasons while those youngsters develop.

I did try and sign Aaron Ramsey from Arsenal, and had a fee agreed, but couldn't talk him below a £5million loyalty bonus or a 'Match Highest Earner' clause, or get him to drop his wage demands to a level I was willing to accept (I've been keeping a very tight grip on the upper levels of the wages at the club).

Gonalons, Enzo Reale and Jonathan dos Santos look like they could develop into good DLPs but you'll need some luck.

MUST BE A SUPERSTAR.

Reus, Pedro, Gaitan?

I'm looking for something that is probably overly specific:

Club: Southampton

Budget: No more than $8M (Not sure what the conversion rate to pounds is. 2-1?).

Looking for: MC to play as an Advanced Playmaker

With: All the usual playmaker goods, but solid enough defensively that he is an asset at both ends. Enough flair to be bold, and ideally with enough long shots to not be a waste when he tries. Extra points for being a free kick taker with good technique.

Other: Given the budget, I am probably looking at someone that still needs to grow to fill the role, but is on the right path and has the potential. I need someone that doesn't need endless Individual Training to get there.

Season: End of 1st/start of 2nd

I'm looking for something that is probably overly specific:

Budget: No more than $8M (Not sure what the conversion rate to pounds is. 2-1?).

Looking for: MC to play as an Advanced Playmaker

With: All the usual playmaker goods, but solid enough defensively that he is an asset at both ends. Enough flair to be bold, and ideally with enough long shots to not be a waste when he tries. Extra points for being a free kick taker with good technique.

Other: Given the budget, I am probably looking at someone that still needs to grow to fill the role, but is on the right path and has the potential. I need someone that doesn't need endless Individual Training to get there.

Season: End of 1st/start of 2nd

Look at Piscu, seems to fit that role.

"Originally Posted by Inno17

MUST BE A SUPERSTAR."

Walcott/Gervinho? Jesus Navas.. Hulk?

Okay, thanks for your help I've signed Douglas Costa and Walcott!

Club: Tigre (Argentina)

Budget: 375k

Looking For: CB, CM, ML

With: CB, I just need a big, dominating defender. CM and ML I need a bit of creativity and pace.

Other: Bit of a stretch to ask I know, Tigre might be hard to find some players for. I just need some cheap solid players.

Club: Tigre (Argentina)

Budget: 375k

Looking For: CB, CM, ML

With: CB, I just need a big, dominating defender. CM and ML I need a bit of creativity and pace.

Other: Bit of a stretch to ask I know, Tigre might be hard to find some players for. I just need some cheap solid players.

Are you limited to Argentinians?

Oswaldo Vizcarrondo would be a perfect CB. However he has only just joined Olimpo from his Venezuelan club so may not be available and/or may cost too much? Romanians Gabriel Canu (FC Vaslui) and Cosmin Moti (Dinamo Bucharest) have served me well before. Humberto Mendoza (Real Cartagena) is cheap and has decent stats. He's Colombian but has played in Argentina before at Colon. Lisandro Lopez at Arsenal de Sarandi is one of few quality Argentinians that come to mind at that price and he would be my main suggestion. Others on here have used Leandro Gioda to good effect.

Struggling even more with the midfielders. Looking at Argentinians firstly, is there any chance of tempting Ricardo Alvarez from Inter Milan reserves for creativity in midfield? You could check out Facundo Bertoglio at Dynamo Kyiv or look through your rivals squads and there are plenty of young, cheap Argentinans with good in-game stats (e.g. Leandro Torres at Newells).

You could check the Under-20 national squad too. And if you are free to sign any South/North Americans, the world is your oyster and I can help more! Best of luck:thup:

Other:

Chantome of psg or Bertolacci from roma, probably moved on from them tho. I replaced Cabeye with chantome with newcastle and he was just as capable and had some lovely ppms from what i remember.

Club:Leicester

Budget:27m

Looking for: Def ©

With:Experince as my 2 central defenders are 19/20 now i sold lovrens to liverpool for 10m and kilmjek to spurs 11m

Other:Won euro cup last season and finished 7th so someone with euro background?

Season:2017

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

Are you limited to Argentinians?

Oswaldo Vizcarrondo would be a perfect CB. However he has only just joined Olimpo from his Venezuelan club so may not be available and/or may cost too much? Romanians Gabriel Canu (FC Vaslui) and Cosmin Moti (Dinamo Bucharest) have served me well before. Humberto Mendoza (Real Cartagena) is cheap and has decent stats. He's Colombian but has played in Argentina before at Colon. Lisandro Lopez at Arsenal de Sarandi is one of few quality Argentinians that come to mind at that price and he would be my main suggestion. Others on here have used Leandro Gioda to good effect.

Struggling even more with the midfielders. Looking at Argentinians firstly, is there any chance of tempting Ricardo Alvarez from Inter Milan reserves for creativity in midfield? You could check out Facundo Bertoglio at Dynamo Kyiv or look through your rivals squads and there are plenty of young, cheap Argentinans with good in-game stats (e.g. Leandro Torres at Newells).

You could check the Under-20 national squad too. And if you are free to sign any South/North Americans, the world is your oyster and I can help more! Best of luck:thup:

Free to sign any North and South Americans. More players would be great! Preferably as cheap as possible. Thanks so much for the help.

Club: Inter Milan

Budget: I have 100million for transfers

Looking for: A CM (i wanted Aaron Ramsey, but was quoted 262mill) so need someone better

With: Generally decent CM attributes

Other: i also have 1.92mill free in wages and player needs to be aged 27 MAX.

Season: 2018/2019 (Would be for Janurary Transfer Window)

Loyalty Bonus: Anything

Agent Fee: Anything

I have Andrea Poli (not half bad, but more attacking based and is more of a backup, doesn't preform that well tbh)

Eden Hazard is not available.

Ganso is an AMC on my game, would be surplus to requirements (as already have decent AMC options)

Hamsik and Witsel are unavilable also.

I know it may be too far into the game for any players, but thought i'd ask..

Cheers

Radja Nainggolan, David Alaba, Yohan Cabaye, Felipe Anderson, Kwadwo Asamoah???

Will try these when I get home mate! Thank you!

(Gylfi is more biased towards AMC and has just recently moved to AC Milan, and by the looks either has not developed well or has had an long term injury - his attributes are not actually that good)

Cheers mate.

(Gylfi is more biased towards AMC and has just recently moved to AC Milan, and by the looks either has not developed well or has had an long term injury - his attributes are not actually that good)

Shame. By far my favourite FM player. He is a brilliant CM, especially if trained and played there.

Club: Inter Milan

Budget: I have 100million for transfers

Looking for: A CM (i wanted Aaron Ramsey, but was quoted 262mill) so need someone better

With: Generally decent CM attributes

Other: i also have 1.92mill free in wages and player needs to be aged 27 MAX.

Season: 2018/2019 (Would be for Janurary Transfer Window)

Loyalty Bonus: Anything

Agent Fee: Anything

I have Andrea Poli (not half bad, but more attacking based and is more of a backup, doesn't preform that well tbh)

Eden Hazard is not available.

Ganso is an AMC on my game, would be surplus to requirements (as already have decent AMC options)

Hamsik and Witsel are unavilable also.

I know it may be too far into the game for any players, but thought i'd ask..

Cheers

Will try these when I get home mate! Thank you!

Cheers mate.

Also, at that stage of your game as well, your best bet are probably regens. There should be plenty of quality ones kicking about.

Also, at that stage of your game as well, your best bet are probably regens. There should be plenty of quality ones kicking about.

I got 3 newgens, but attribute wise are more based towards a DM or defensive CM, rather than "jack of all trades/Cesc Fabergas" type. Im also in need of 1 who is at least 90% developed, ready to slot in, Aaron Ramsey is my main man i want, BUT arsenal wont accept less than £262mill. Tried Jack Wilshire, £231million., Ross Barkley has just moved to Chelsea (on a bloody free!!)

Will try the above you suggested mate. Thanks!!

I got 3 newgens, but attribute wise are more based towards a DM or defensive CM, rather than "jack of all trades/Cesc Fabergas" type. Im also in need of 1 who is at least 90% developed, ready to slot in, Aaron Ramsey is my main man i want, BUT arsenal wont accept less than £262mill. Tried Jack Wilshire, £231million., Ross Barkley has just moved to Chelsea (on a bloody free!!)

Will try the above you suggested mate. Thanks!!

I got Jack for free on my leicester save hehe

Budget: 2 million

Looking for: A striker

With: looking for a poacher but any good strikers are welcome.

Other: have a very solid squad apart from my striking options, so looking for a player to fire us into the prem.

Season: 2011/2012

Loyalty Bonus: na

Agent Fee:na

Free to sign any North and South Americans. More players would be great! Preferably as cheap as possible. Thanks so much for the help.

Apart from those listed before, here are a few more low cost options you could look at. Most should be approachable to permanent transfers but some you could try and loan in if you can't get the price acceptable. It's probably difficult getting European based North/South Americans in (especially if you want 3 players for £325k!) so most of these are still on and from the continent.

CB Santiago Vergini (Newells), Federico Pistone (Argentinos), Alejandro Delfino (Banfield), Matias Sarulyte (Estudiantes), Juan Tejera (Olimpo), Matias Cahais (Racing, Arg), Marcos Caceres (Racing, Arg), Grenddy Perozo (Chico), Dalton (Internacional, Brz).

MC/AMC Ricardo Bocanegra (Atlas, Mex), Michael Arroyo (San Luis), Ivan Marcone (Arsenal de Sarandi), Ivan Perez (Independiente), Martin Rolle (Olimpo), Ramon Dario Ocampo (Velez), Jorge Espericueta (Tigres, Mex), Gualberto Mojica (Oriente Petrolero, Bolivia), Marcos Flores (Henan, China), Henrique (Brisbane Roar, Australia).

ML/AML Christian Hernandez (Pumas, Mex), Gabriel Mendez (San Lorenzo).

A few other oddball suggestions: Haruna Moshi (MC - Tanzania international, free agent), Juan Neira (ST - Lanus, promising young Argentinian), Jozsef Piller (LW - young Hungarian probably showing at SC Veendam in Dutch Juliper League but next patch may reflect that he has just returned to Hungarian league 2 side Szolnok).

Hope you may find one or two right for you, best of luck.

Edit: Have never tried to recruit Canadians/South Africans in to Argentina, but could be worth a look? For example, Nana Attakora (now San Jose) has worked well for me before at lower rep clubs. Plenty of decent cheap South Africans in their domestic leagues too.

Club: Man Utd

Budget: Anything

Looking for: Antonio Valencia replacement

With: i would like a player who can be as good in crossing , etc

Other: Young really , so 18 or 19 years old

Season:2nd Season

+

Club: Man Utd

Budget: Anything

Looking for: Evra Replacement

With: Good attacking capablities

Other: Would be ready to step into Evra's place whenever needed

Season:2nd Season

Budget: £14.8m

Looking for: AM R/L

With: Good flair, crossing, pace etc. mainly for the right wing

Other: First choice player, aiming for 4th or 5th place this season

Season:2nd Season (January)

thinking about Dimitri Payet of Lille, I had an offer for Marko Marin accepted but he refused to negotiate.

Budget: £14.8m

Looking for: AM R/L

With: Good flair, crossing, pace etc. mainly for the right wing

Other: First choice player, aiming for 4th or 5th place this season

Season:2nd Season (January)

thinking about Dimitri Payet of Lille, I had an offer for Marko Marin accepted but he refused to negotiate.

Andrew, Nicolas Gaitan is your friend here. Can play both wings, flair to burn :thup: He can be quite cheap in second season if he hasn't signed a new deal at Benfica or moved to a bigger club, I picked him up for £6.5 million in second season. There's a screenie of his attributes a few seasons in on the Newcastle thread.

Also Marc Albrighton is well worth a look as well, he's not lightning quick but is an excellent crosser.

Budget: £10M

Looking for: CM

With: Experience

Season: Start of 2nd (Premier League)

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

Jack Collison done well for me in second season with leicester in mid. cost about 6m at time someone myt have snapped him up from west ham tho.

Budget: £10M

Looking for: CM

With: Experience

Season: Start of 2nd (Premier League)

Loyalty Bonus:

Agent Fee:

Gylfi Sigurdsson. Retrain him and let him lead you to glory :cool:.

Also look at David Alaba, Felipe Anderson and Tom Cairney!!

Archived