FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, maybe this was mentioned before, but to many posts to go through.

Steven Gerrard decided to retire after season 1 and he refuses to reconsider. Is there any way to change this?

Must be a bug unless hes been injured alot in your save

Mid season review - 2012/2013 Season

League Table - Squad (GKS) - Squad(2)

Well I'm back to doing updates again with university being pretty much over and I've had a lot of time to get a half season done over this weekend, so why not. :)

We have been completely dominant in the league as per, only dropping four point so far (January 29th as I'm typing this) and the squad have adapted to a slightly more attacking formation very nicely.

I do have a couple of issues however. Douglas Costa and Adam Johnson are playing pretty much every match and I have had to rest them for a week on two occasions, which is pretty lame, although my replacements (Kadrii on the left, Chamberlain on the right after he was bought).

You can see the league results here and here.

In the Champion's League, we had a relatively tough group of Barcelona, Dortmund and Spartak Moscow. As evident from the Group Table, we didn't have that much of a tough time as I thought I would and only dropped points to Barcelona, a team that has a strikeforce of Messi, Villa and Sanchez. Results can be seen here.

In the Carling Cup, we're in the final but had quite an unlucky draw after Leicester (Sunderland are high flying at the moment in 7th place) but according to the results, we had a pretty easy time nevertheless. We play Bolton in the final.

We only played the one game in the FA Cup so far, a very decent 3-0 win with our kids against Cheltenham. We Play Blackburn in the next round.

I made two extremely good transfers in the January window (could've also got Cavani for £12Million, but I am happy with what I've got up front).

Joe Hart was a transfer that I was hoping I was going to do after selling Pepe Reina to Manchester City for £49Million in the summer and it worked! He wanted first team football, got transfer listed and I put a bid in for his value (£8.75Million) and they accepted! Very decent wages too for a world class 'keeper.

For some reason Ox wanted to leave Arsenal and was transfer listed, so I put in a £10Million bid in for him and they accepted. A bargain for a player who is still only 19, labelled a wonderkid and is extremely versatile.

I've shipped out Jonjo Shelvey and Jordan Henderson on loan to Stoke and Napoli respectively as I don't think they're good enough for the team and there are better options to play with. I'll be monitoring how good they do for their loanee clubs over the rest of the season and see if I should sell them or not in the summer.

Final Musings

I'm very optimistic about this season. We're performing better than ever, scoring more goals than ever and the players are developing immensely.

I also think that we're coming into some sort of mini English revolution, 11 of our 22 squad (plus I tend to bring in Jenkins, Mercer and Deji Fogg for Champion's league backup when others are tired) are English and at least five of them start every game. I'm tempted to sell a few players (Coates, Agger, Lucas) and bring in English players who are equally adept in their roles. But we'll see, as the mentioned players are all pretty amazing.

That's it from me for now, I'll probably have another update out in a day's time since I'm home for the weekend and can play tonnes. :)

Season 1 Review

League 7th

Carling cup:won

Fa cup round 6

Was cruising to a top 4 finish then i had a huge Slump went 8 games without a win i say the Carling cup win saved my job signed no one in season 1 In season 2 signed alot of players they are Holliet,Hazard,Leandro D,Smithes,Ter Stegen,Cotton,Moisies,Sanogo & Babacar loaned out Moisies,Sanogo & Baracar for the season Sold Kuyt,Doni,Jones & Maxi released alot of u 18s thats not good enough for the club on crazy transfer Masc signed for Man city for 36 mill lol

Good afternoon!

Some advice needed please. Im in 2015 with Liverpool, and have just had a £10million bid from Tottenham for Glen Johnson. He's 30 now, and his stats are slowly declining. Also agreed a deal for a regen RB from Real Madrid who is 4 star potential, and has the potential to be much better than Glen Johnson?

Cheers.

ITFC 1

I have Martin Kelly who has come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months, so i'll be happy to use him, and give the regen same playing time over the course of a season. And it gets Johnson 80k a week wages off the bill.

I have Martin Kelly who has come on leaps and bounds in the last 18 months, so i'll be happy to use him, and give the regen same playing time over the course of a season. And it gets Johnson 80k a week wages off the bill.

Yeah deffo get shot of Johnson then, Kelly becomes a great CB, pretty handy RB as well, if this regen is as good as they say he'll soon be able to take RB slot off of Kelly's hands

Im back again! This time its about Daniel Agger! Again, summer of 2015, been offered £10million from Roma, Tottenham and Bayern MunichAgain, ive already got Coates and Skrtel who are better than him, I've got a spanish regen centre back who is 5 star potential, and im about to buy another french regen who has 4.5 star potential. Dont think i'd get a better offer than that.

What shall I do?

Cheers

ITFC 1

Yeah mate, sell him. £10m is £10m at the end of the day, and it sounds like he's not first choice and blocking the progress of some potential superstars, my exact definition of dead weight.

I've sold him, as you say Skrtel and Coates (Coates especially, one of the best CBs in the world!!!) improve more due to Agger declining through lots of little injuries.

phidelta42: Thanks for the advice brother. He's continued to progress at a similar rate and is really becoming a good player. I'm in season 4, and I think during next summer I'll finally be ready to sell Enrique and make Robbo first choice.

Promoted Sterling to 1st team duties this season too, not sure on him to be honest. I'll post a screenie tomorrow to see what you all think. Has anyone else had success with him? I had him pretty good on a save when the game first came out. Wonder if he's been downgraded or something?

Im back again! This time its about Daniel Agger! Again, summer of 2015, been offered £10million from Roma, Tottenham and Bayern MunichAgain, ive already got Coates and Skrtel who are better than him, I've got a spanish regen centre back who is 5 star potential, and im about to buy another french regen who has 4.5 star potential. Dont think i'd get a better offer than that.

What shall I do?

Cheers

ITFC 1

Yeah sell him, I'm sure the other two are better than him by that point. Skrtel & Coates don't get injured too much so you'd probably only need a 3rd & 4th choice centre backs to play every now & then. £10 million's good money for Agger in 2015

alright, decided to start a new game but set the owners as Sugar daddy for a bit of fun, holidaying season 1 to see what happens and have also put New Anfield in for a move for the start of the 2012 season. just want to try something different as i cant get into a game at all

Fair1 Staf, let us know how that goes!

I've got a problem, I just cant beat Arsenal. It's not that I cant beat them but the absolutely hammer me everytime we play. I mean, they're not even good- they never finish in the Champions League spots- but every time we play they beat me by 4 / 5 goals... Mental.

Sabine: Good report pal, keep us updated!! & Good luck with the rest of your season. Jordan Henderson is boss for me though, good on the RW if you need some cover there too.

Thanks and I shall do! Uni work is catching up on me a tiny bit at the moment but I'll power out a few games a night now and again.

Yeah, I thought Hendo would've been great on the wing and i've been retraining him there for the past season and a half but he's been average at best. £1.1M loan fee is pretty decent if I decide not to sell him though. Should pay off a bit of that RIDICULOUS transfer fee we paid for him.

The trouble with Sterling is his initial attributes are pretty raggy, even if you get him on the high end of his random PA and he hits it he'll never be a particularly rounded player. He could probably become a good impact player but I'd not fancy him as a first XI regular.

The trouble with Sterling is his initial attributes are pretty raggy, even if you get him on the high end of his random PA and he hits it he'll never be a particularly rounded player. He could probably become a good impact player but I'd not fancy him as a first XI regular.

Sterling is far too bad to start with to be a starting XI player for Liverpool anytime soon. He also tends to make shouts about first team football (like in real life) all the time, which I really don't understand considering he's only 17/18.

Sterling is far too bad to start with to be a starting XI player for Liverpool anytime soon. He also tends to make shouts about first team football (like in real life) all the time, which I really don't understand considering he's only 17/18.

yeah i think sterling will be improved alot on the next version of the game, especially if he gets a few more games at the start of next season, starting stats dont allow him to improve to anywhere near a starting standard on the game. it takes around 4 seasons to get his stats up and at that stage there are better regens around. pity cause everyone would love to use him.

might be worth giving him a little edit if you start a new game to give him a chance. bump up his stats by 2/3 points each to see if it makes a major difference.

yeah i think sterling will be improved alot on the next version of the game, especially if he gets a few more games at the start of next season, starting stats dont allow him to improve to anywhere near a starting standard on the game. it takes around 4 seasons to get his stats up and at that stage there are better regens around. pity cause everyone would love to use him.

might be worth giving him a little edit if you start a new game to give him a chance. bump up his stats by 2/3 points each to see if it makes a major difference.

I'm still going to consider using him as a squad player in a couple of seasons because he's English and there's not many English wingers I'd be able to get on the cheap. I guess I'm not rating him very well because I actually haven't played him yet. Woops..

I'd probably edit him a bit if I was to start a new game. Maybe bump his mentals to a reasonable level so he can progress. His potential is bang on though, not going to be world class, but he showed glimpses of being really talented against Chelsea in real life last week.

Just finishing up my 2nd season now. Can't believe how hard it's been to get rid of some of my high earners. Cole and Aquilani are both still here, but out on loan currently. Couldn't get them moved even when I offered them up for nothing. Not really wanting to move Kuyt, since he's such an amazing tutor, but he's not willing to take a pay cut and he's on insane wages as well for being 32 now. Looks like he'll be gone over the summer.

Honestly I've got to do something. I'm 60 million pounds in debt right now. :eek:

Season 2 (2012/13) review

League:2nd

Fa cup:5th round

Carling cup:3rd round

Europa league:S/F

Won no silverware though lost the league by a pt to man city signed some players not many loaned some out tried to sign Cavani but doesnt want to come ill try again next season

Just started one with Liverpool again.

Transfers:

In

Damiao - 19m

Willian - 11m

Out

Flanagan - Loan

Want to improve the middle of the park but didn't find any suitable targets so I'm going to see who impresses in the first season. Already have some potential targets lined up. Seeing how much Hoffenheim want for Gylfi next summer and I'll try and go for Hoilett on a free.

Playing a 4-3-3, so Suarez is out right and Willian out left with Damiao through the middle.

Won against Swansea 2-0, Norwich 8-0 (Damiao got 3 and Willian got 4!) and then thumped Hartlepool 5-0 in the cup (Carroll hat trick) so an easy start but some solid wins nonetheless.

Just finishing up my 2nd season now. Can't believe how hard it's been to get rid of some of my high earners. Cole and Aquilani are both still here, but out on loan currently. Couldn't get them moved even when I offered them up for nothing. Not really wanting to move Kuyt, since he's such an amazing tutor, but he's not willing to take a pay cut and he's on insane wages as well for being 32 now. Looks like he'll be gone over the summer.

Honestly I've got to do something. I'm 60 million pounds in debt right now. :eek:

Have you tried recommend that Kuyt become a coach if says do you want me to get started now then he will get coach attribute panel and within a month or two he'll part ways with his agent, he should be a bit easier to negotiate with plus if you are lucky he might have good coach stats.

I always do this with Gerard, Kuyt and Cara in the first season makes it a bit easier to negotiate with them :)

Have you tried recommend that Kuyt become a coach if says do you want me to get started now then he will get coach attribute panel and within a month or two he'll part ways with his agent, he should be a bit easier to negotiate with plus if you are lucky he might have good coach stats.

I always do this with Gerard, Kuyt and Cara in the first season makes it a bit easier to negotiate with them :)

Did it with all three. Gerrard is now on half his wages, Carra is making less than 30k, and Kuyt... he actually asked me for higher wages! West Ham tried taking him off my hands but he rejected them. Still can't get rid of Cole and Aquilani.

Edit- Another thing that's doing my head in is my inability to sell ANYONE.

So and so is not willing to make an offer whilst the asking price remains as it is. Offer player out for nothing... No clubs consider a deal viable.

I tend not to sign high profile players and prefer to build my team through young players and free transfers. (Probably a result of playing with smaller clubs over the years)

Here are a few of the youngsters I've brought in over the past 2 years.

Screenshot2012-05-14at121208PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-14at121143PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-14at121116PM.png

Screenshot2012-05-14at121100PM.png

right lads your first season in FM has mirrored reali life and you've managed to keep your job,

would you look at a complete squad revamp, change of tactics or just try and add 1/2 quality players to your team while promoting a couple of youth players?

right lads your first season in FM has mirrored reali life and you've managed to keep your job,

would you look at a complete squad revamp, change of tactics or just try and add 1/2 quality players to your team while promoting a couple of youth players?

change tactics and revamp the squad imho

I'd change tactics and add a couple of quality players... for some reason, the Liverpool players don't have great stats on FM but are serving me really well. Jordan Henderson in particular is an absolute beast despite being only rated at 2 and a half stars CA by my coaches. One of my better players in the first season, and in the first league game in my second season (a derby against Everton), scores one and creates 3 in a 4-0 win. Insane...

Think you'd have to look at a couple of wingers, cover for Lucas and a replacement for Stevie G and look for a striker, Defensively were pretty strong in the game with kelly & Robinson as cover for the FB positions.

Starting up a save now. Might keep the core of the squad for the first season just to see how it pans out. Trying to bring in another Striker but Damiao seems waay too expensive.

Will play a 4-4-1-1 and my goal is to replicate Harry's Spurs playing style. Fast wingers, Target man.

Should I be focusing on the development of Sterling, Wilson, Suso, Shelvey, Flannagan, Robinson and Wisdom?

Robinson can definitley develope into a first team player, the others apart from Wisdom can all be decent squad players. Sterling wont ever really develope due to his starting stats.

Most people seem to go with a 4231 or 451/433 formation. better to try and decide on a tactic before buying.

if starting from season 1 decent players to look at would be

Sime Vrsaljko 1.2m will get him at the start, great right back and DM cover

Milan Badejl 4.4m can play DLP or AP in the CM position

Ibrahim Affelay 2m can play any of AML/AMR/AMC

Willian (shaktar) 10m again like Affelay same positions and has tons of pace.

If you want a CB Verthongen from Ajax can be bought for 8-9m as well.

Don't listen to him about Sterling. Only Robinson is better than him out of all the youngsters. Tutor Sterling with Kuyt and give him cameos. In the second season he can be a squad player already.

Don't listen to him about Sterling. Only Robinson is better than him out of all the youngsters. Tutor Sterling with Kuyt and give him cameos. In the second season he can be a squad player already.

so me a save where his stats have developed! They dont come up to a first team standard in the game. by the time Sterling is 21 there are far better Regens available. he can be a squad man and impact sub if his pace comes up as in game its only 14/15 bt thats it.

After yesterday's news, I just had to start a new save with my beloved reds.

I am playing a style of football that is the polar opposite to what I would normally like to play.

I am playing a 5-4-1 with wing backs and am going to soak up the pressure and hit teams on the counter.

My pre-season has been superb, playing 6 games, scoring 30 goals and only conceding 1.

3 transfers have been made so far:

OUT

Jones - 750K

Agger - 21m

IN

Mariappa - 4m

I really couldn't turn down a 21m bid from Man City for Agger and am very happy with Mariappa who I brought in to replace him and means I have a good turn around with the fiances.

The real test will now begin with the league starting and first up is against Everton.

AVB for me, got a feeling Martinez will emulate Roy if he comes.

That 21m for Agger sure is tempting but I turned it down. One of my personal fav players. Would've tried bringing in Vertonghen/Alderweid if I had sold him though.

Who do you guys normally buy in the first window? Still have 7m to spend, not bought anyone yet. Had a few offers for Lucas Moura turned down.

Archived