FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just won the Champions League again, Flanno got sent off on 60 minutes and I thought I was going to get hammered from that point. But, we defended bravely and Suarez got a winner in time added onto added time :)

Back-to-back Champions LEague trophies. I'm in 2016 btw.

Liverpool Football Club 2015 / 16, Season: Five in Pictures (Part: One, Present Performance)

League Table

lgep.jpg

Stoke (1), Ipswich (2) & Blackburn (PO) promoted into the league

Transfers

trnf.jpg

Season Best XI

sxii.jpg

Squad Analysis

anasa.jpg

Liverpool Football Club 2015 / 16, Season: Five in Pictures (Part: Three, Relative Performance)

Team Records: Season

trecsea.jpg

Team Records: Modern Era

trecm.jpg

Overall Best XI

oxim.jpg

Finances

finrk.jpg

Club Value: £301m (£38.5 Debt)

Trophy Haul

Premier League: 2014

League Cup: 2012, 2013, 2016

Community Shield: 2014

Champions League: 2013, 2015, 2016

Club World Championship: 2013, 2015

Euro Super Cup: 2013, 2015

Manager of the Year: 2014

I am in the first half of the 2019/20 season and the board have finally agreed to build a new stadium (to be completed in 2022) it will be around 73k capacity. I have been selling out Anfield every game for about 4 seasons (55,000). It may just be linked to whenever you finished expanding Anfield I am not sure though.

Andy Carroll just asked for a meeting to discuss concerns he had. Immediately he started using an aggressive tone. Long story short - I mutually terminated his contract and he's unemployed. nobody's interested yet. At least he left without compensation.

Started my game again after the computer managed to corrupt my saves, and so far I've seen so pretty ****ed up transfers. I got Carzola from Malaga for 17.5 mill at the start of my second season where I still am now, and I was also offered Ronaldo by Real Madrid for 30m because they listed him as unwanted by the club but couldn't afford to buy him.

I've been focusing on using the talented trio of Shevley, Sterling and Suso, and I'm currently watching their star potential raise and fall each month, usually between 3-5 stars depending.I've just looked at the report on Sterling and saw this

raheemsterlingreportsco.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4 and a half star potential, and it's saying he could be better than Carzola which just sounds ****ing insane to me, because Carzola is like this

santicazorlaoverviewpro.png

If I can get Sterling to be that good I'll be shocked. Has anyone seem him improve in their games?

Also if anyones looking for a young striker with good stats I bought Mora in the summer

felipemoraoverviewprofi.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us.

He cost a lot, but he plays as my second choice striker, since Carroll is pretty much **** in this game. I gave him 38 matches last season and he scored 4 league goals so he's currently residing in the reserves since he refuses to leave the club.

ok time for season 2019/20 review :)

This season was a goalfest for my squad and my Brazilian striker Junior did a bang up job replacing an injured Paloschi.

League Cup: Won Beat Preston 3-0 in Final

FA Cup: Sixth round featured probably the worst 45mins of my career. Away to Arsenal 2-0 up at half time and cruising ended up losing 4-2!

Champions League: Won easiest final ever won 6-1 against Man City

Premier League: Won easily in the end. Chelsea were main rivals but faded badly at the end. Set new team goalscoring record. Invidual record was smashed by Chelsea's Lakaku however.

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.jpg

LiverpoolSquad_Players-2.jpg

As for original squad members:

This was the last seaon for Enrique and Skrtel as they retired.

Charlie Adam and Luis Suarez are now only back up players.

Still in the first team Henderson and Reina.

This has nothing to do with FM, but I am trying to plug some interest in the GPTG. If you are interested in creating a fantasy football team then this should interest you.

I have created a couple of leagues on fantasy.premierleague.com. As always, go onto the website, create your team and these are the two following leagues you can enter:

FM GPTG Head to Head:- 200057-60478

FM GPTG:- 200057-60472

Hey Guys, I've decided to start again with Liverpool and I want to focus on developing the youth team. Does anyone have any good tips on bringing the likes of Sterling and Morgan through to the first team? I'm not too good with the training side of FM so if someone could give me a good training scheme for the youth team it would be much appreciated. And also any potential signings for the youth team would be great.

I'm finally back on a Liverpool game. Halfway through season 2 and I'm enjoying it, but with a few problems. My first mistake was that I accidentally disabled transfer budgets at the start of the game, so I had to make do with what I had. The board gave me a bit of cash in January so I signed Adam Hammill and Pablo Mouche just to boost my attacking numbers. They've actually not been bad. Hammill is one of the more consistent performers to date. Mouche scored a few goals but was unhappy with the lack of playing time so he has joined Palace on loan. I finished fourth in my first season after a terrible first 15 games or so, and am currently 5th with a game in hand in my current season. I did the usual thing and tried to offload the likes of Aqua, Cole, Maxi etc and bring in some new faces. These are my current transfer dealings to date (not including regens):

Summer 2011

IN: Alessandro Pellicori (free) - terrible player, but I needed some cover up front as Carroll broke his foot in pre-season.

January 2010

IN: Adam Hammill (£1m) - not bad, trained at Liverpool, which is helpful. Currently 4 goals in 14 games in all competitions, no assists.

IN: Pablo Mouche (£400k) - not awful for the money, but only 2 goals in 13 games. Like I say, he's left on loan now.

OUT: released a bunch of youth players. Spearing, Suso, Shelvey and Coady went out on loan.

Summer 2012

IN: Giovani dos Santos (£3.5m) - not as good as I'd hoped. 3 goals in 10 appearances is decent, but hasn't been as creative as I'd hoped - no assists.

IN: Adam Johnson (£5.75m) - was very happy to sign him for this price and on £52k/week. He's been decent, but only 1 goal and 3 assists in 17 appearances with an average rating of 6.94. Not bad.

IN: Yaya Sanogo (free) - really disappointing. He was free, but he hasn't managed to score in his 8 appearances and is now moaning about not getting enough time on the pitch.

IN: Jose Campana (free) - signed as one for the future, but has been a bit disappointing. 6 games, no assists. Average rating of 6.54.

IN: Nicolas Lodeiro (free) - one of my better signings. Only an average rating of 6.87, but 2 goals and 3 assists in 13 games. Wants to leave already though.

IN: Rene Adler (free) - I sold Reina because I knew I could get Adler and he's been fine.

IN: Martin Montoya (free) - not bad. 13 appearances but hasn't managed to hold down a regular place in the team. Tempted to let Johnson go and bring him and Flanno through.

IN: McDonald Mariga (free) - excellent back-up for Lucas.

IN: Lucas Ocampos (£1.5m) - has been decent. Only scored once, but he tends to play on the left wing so it's understandable.

IN: Erik Lamela (£7m) - slightly disappointed. I took him on loan initially, but his first few games were so impressive that I snapped him up immediately and he hasn't been the same since. Still young, though.

OUT: Pepe Reina (£40m) - I needed the money. £40m is a good price, and Adler is on £55k/week less than Reina was. He is now City's first choice keeper, so I'm keeping an eye on Joe Hart in case he wants out.

OUT: Bellamy (free) - couldn't justify his wages.

OUT: Adam (£5m) - never been able to utilise him properly.

OUT: Eccleston (£1m) - was actually my top scorer in the first season (11 in 23 in the league), but I knew it was a fluke.

OUT: Aurelio (free) - didn't need him with Wilson coming back.

OUT: Kuyt (£7m) - never sure how to use him, and he was on big money.

OUT: Doni (£1m) - don't like having senior keepers as back-up.

OUT: Maxi (£8m) - too slow for a winger, wanted to bring Suso through centrally.

OUT: Aqua (£7.5m) - wages were too high.

OUT: Jones (£500k) - see Doni.

OUT ON LOAN: Sterling, Wisdom, Cole, Skrtel, Spearing, Coady, Flanagan, Mouche, Bijev, Sokolik

So my, my best performers this season are:

Pacheco (7.5) Only 4 games, but has scored 3 goals and made 2, and looked quite lively.

The next four are all centre-backs - Coates, Agger, Wilson and Carra. Surprising, because my defence is a bit leaky. They have 14 goals between them, though.

Suarez is my top scorer (7 in 17). Not sure why my strikers aren't scoring very much.

Lucas, Downing, Jose Enrique and Stevie G have 5 assists each.

All in all, it's a very average season. Not particularly unhappy but not delighted with any players apart from the prospect of Pacheco actually being decent.

Reading above it seems no one likes Downing.

He was awful for me too at the start of season 1, but I've just ended it with him as my top performer!

How? Well, I play a 4-3-3, and I tried him at AMR as an inside foward. Bingo!

Anyone else had success with him there?

I used Downing as AML (advanced playmaker) and he did really well. I only sold him after buying Gotze and he wanted first team football. I had Adam Johnson as backup and he was always a decent performer too.

Reading above it seems no one likes Downing.

He was awful for me too at the start of season 1, but I've just ended it with him as my top performer!

How? Well, I play a 4-3-3, and I tried him at AMR as an inside foward. Bingo!

Anyone else had success with him there?

Downing, Carroll and Adam like in real life, just aren't very good in this game. I've used multiple formations and instructions during numerous Liverpool saves and none of them are good with these players.

Strange since this time when I started a new Liverpool game I went with a 4-2-3-1, with Kuyt on the left as an inside forward who netted me 15 goals, Maxi as a AM who got 8 goals and 15 assists, the right inside forward was a mixture of bellamy/downing/Henderon/Sterling when needed but no one was good there. I put Suarez up front as a deep lying play maker and he got 20-25 goals overall for me

Has anyone noticed that Carroll deteriorates at an insanely fast level in this game? It's no secret that I've never been able to get him to work for me in any Liverpool save, at one point I was on a 4-5 year save before it crashed and he'd done the square root of **** all for me. In my Liverpool save I'm currently in the Jan of my second season and managed to sell him for ten million pound. In my first season he played something like 36 matches altogether and scored 4 league goals and 2 league cup goals. Before anyone asks, I didn't just use him as a last minute sub either, there were plenty of times that he started the match but did nothing.

I've noticed that when the game starts it gives him a four and a half star potential, which is up there with people like Rossi, Damiao and Aguero. Obviously he's not going to be that good, but by the December he's nearly always dropped to a two and a half star player. Who on the absurd 70k a week in the game is moronic

If you are willing to perservere with Carroll he can do a decent a decent job but the main problem with him is that is very easy to get someone better for his value/wages. As for Downing and Adam I found them to be perfectly good in my save. For me there stats were great.

Downing 151 apps 30 goals 7.32 avg

Adam 311 apps 89 goals 7.38 avg

Adam was even my captain for a few seasons so I never understand why so many seem so want to get rid of these two so early on.

If you are willing to perservere with Carroll he can do a decent a decent job but the main problem with him is that is very easy to get someone better for his value/wages. As for Downing and Adam I found them to be perfectly good in my save. For me there stats were great.

Downing 151 apps 30 goals 7.32 avg

Adam 311 apps 89 goals 7.38 avg

Adam was even my captain for a few seasons so I never understand why so many seem so want to get rid of these two so early on.

I think its because like Carroll you can simply get much better than they could ever be. Sadly I think a lot of people who start a Liverpool save move on most of the newly bought players as soon as they can, because the wages they're on are nowhere near their level of talent, and again in my opinion most of them are seriously poor players. Its good that you got some stand out preformances from some of them though.

As for Carroll Liverpool only have two real strikers at the start of the game, Kuyt is better in an AMR/AML position with instructions to cut inside. While Carroll doesn't seem good enough to be a second choice striker, like you say its too easy to find someone who could be a world class striker in the game for the same wages and money. On top of that there's a lot of kids at the start of the game who have a higher potential than he does, so really by the start of the second season you either take a massive loss on him, or see him become third/possibly fourth choice striker on 70k a week

Just looking at your stats for Downing and Adam as well, thats quite a few seasons you've had both of them. Surprised you didn't get an upgrade for either of them as most others do

Although I wonder if having pushed up wingers in a 4-3-3/42-4/4-2-3-1 with instructions to cut inside would help Carroll out???

Charlie Adam won Footballer of the Year 2015/16 in my save! He would have played even more games but he had a stamina issue so needed to be rested. I originally brought in Verretti to replace him but found the two of them in the centre of the park worked so well I kept him.

I replaced Downing with super Mario Gotze who is one the best AML I have seen.

I got Eduardo in as a temporary solution to the Carroll goal drought problem before signing Paloschi as my long term partner for Suarez.

I am in the first half of the 2019/20 season and the board have finally agreed to build a new stadium (to be completed in 2022) it will be around 73k capacity. I have been selling out Anfield every game for about 4 seasons (55,000). It may just be linked to whenever you finished expanding Anfield I am not sure though.

Just wanted to say that the exact same scenario happened for me. Anfield got expanded to 55k and sold out for 100% of league games. The timetable appears the same and i asked the day after i won the CL in 2020. The message that popped up said they would take out a loan of over 100m but they didn't, instead a loan of only 12m was taken whilst the rest came out the money i'd saved (leaving 30m left).

Just wanted to say that the exact same scenario happened for me. Anfield got expanded to 55k and sold out for 100% of league games. The timetable appears the same and i asked the day after i won the CL in 2020. The message that popped up said they would take out a loan of over 100m but they didn't, instead a loan of only 12m was taken whilst the rest came out the money i'd saved (leaving 30m left).

Yeah you seem to get the stadium expanded around your fifth season, but I never got to the point where a new one could be built

Finally got around to starting my game again, a lack of interest as well as having three crash dump errors a day meant I was losing interest in it altogether. Not to mention the weird transfers coming up like I mentioned before, Ronaldo being offered around it the start of the second season for 30 mill :eek:

Formations

Like always I need up making 3 formations that I can use throughout the season, though I've made a slight change as I usually stick with three single striker formations

4-2-3-1

Reina-Sweeper Keeper/Doni-Goal Keeper

Skrtle/Carragher-Central defender, Agger/Coates-Ball playing defender

Enrique/Fabio/Robinson- left wingback, Johnson/Kelly/Flannagan- right wingback

Lucas/Spearing-Ball winning midfielder, Adam/Henderson/Shelvey-Deep lying playmaker

Maxi/Kuyt/Bellamy/Downing/Sterling-Pushed up left or right sided winger with instructions to cut inside. I felt with a AMC having both AML/AMR set as inside forwards clogged that part of the pitch too much

Maxi/Gerrard/Suso- Attacking Midfielder

Carroll-Target man, Suarez-Deep lying forward

4-5-1/4-3-3

The only difference with this formation is that the attacking midfielder is pulled back to create the obvious 3 man midfield with the BWM dropping into the DM position behind them

4-4-2

I'm not sure how often I'll use this, I've pulled my wingers back to create a flat midfield 4, with Carroll on target man duty and Suarez as a deep lying forward. This is my only formation were I've swapped from a sort passing routine to a more direct one, because it's lacking either a DM or AMC to link the play up more

Expectations

Obviously first season, and with how poor the squad is overall, I went for CL qualification which gave me a 9.5m transfer budget and 300k for wages. I adjusted it to give me 20m transfer and 100k wages. But with the money situation of the first season I never actually buy anyone. I'm looking to give Robinson, Flannagan, Coates, Shelvey, Sterling and Suso around 15 games each this season, with cup matches that should be easily done.

Boardroom stuff

For a club of Liverpool's stature, they don't have a lot of affiliated clubs at the start of the game, and this is always one of the big things I work on. I asked for a feeder team which will improve the image of the club in another country, and I picked a Japanese team for a few of 2.2m a year, as well as hosting a friendly each summer too. After that I asked to improve the training grounds which was done, but immediately greyed out the 'improve youth' choice so I'll wait on that one. I also had the board increase the amount spent on junior coaching.

Pre-season matches

Liverpool 0:4 Malaga

Accrington 0:4 Liverpool; Carroll, Adam, Downing, Maxi

Liverpool 2:0 Plymouth; Carroll, Suarez

Sabadell 0:2 Liverpool; Bellamy, Sterling

Xerez 1:1 Liverpool; Suarez

Cadiz 1:1 Liverpool; Adam

Liverpool 3:0 Getafe; Carroll, Henderson, Kuyt.

Overall not a bad pre-season since the levels of familiarity of the formations I'm using wavier between accomplished and competent for the different categories. Pre-season friendlies like always, is the one thing that I designate my assistant manager to arrange for me, otherwise I end up with about 15 matches like I did on the last game when I arrange them :o

August

Premier League

Liverpool 0:0 Man Utd. First game of the season, and one that I should have won probably. Although there were no clear cut chances for either team, Liverpool were the better side throughout the match, and it ended with a traditional Vidic sending off.

Liverpool 3:2 Wolves. Maxi 7 (pen), Suarez 33, Kuyt 52; Doyle 18, 71, Whilkshere missed pen 65. A closer match than I thought it would have been or even wanted. Only going in with a one goal lead at half time is more of a case of players not taking their chances, but when Wolves scored the second it was a worrying time as Downing came off injured and I'd already used all three subs.

League Cup

Liverpool 4:1 Hereford, Carroll 27, Sterling 33, Bellamy 59, Flanagan 75; Barker 61. As is typical in the second round of the league cup, the chances of an upset are slim to none. I had the chance to rest a lot of players and gave a start to Doni, Coates, Flanagan, Robinson, Shelvey, Suso and Sterling. In the end it was a routine victory for Liverpool, and their goal wasn't something to cause any worry with a strong bench waiting incase it was needed

September

Premier League

Liverpool 2:0 Chelsea, Maxi 43, Kuyt 50 (pen). An fluky match despite winning two nil in the end, Chelsea were on top for large periods of the game, and it was mostly down to Reina that they didn't score. A break for maxi's goal and Carroll being tripped for Kuyt's penalty won the game.

Liverpool 2:0 Blackburn, Kuyt 28, Suarez 50. A match were both teams are using the same kind of formation is either boring or full of goals. With Blackburn having their middle 2 in the 4-2-3-1 sitting deeper than mine, it was a case of trying to get through 6 defenders most of the match. Kuyt scored from just finished the box and Suarez finished the game from a few yards out. An even match for the most part but failing to have a proper goal scorer meant they never threatened all that much.

Liverpool 0:1 Bolton, N'gog 39. A match that if it had been on t.v. your foot would have gone through it. 16 shots on goal to their 4 and 67% possession for most of the match meant that this should have only ended one way. A break 6 minutes before halftime saw the game do one of those stupid things with the Keeper were they randomly decide to come sprinting out of the box, even though they have no hope of getting to the ball before the striker has it in the net. Suarez picked up a 3-4 week injury here, so Carroll can try and prove me wrong

Liverpool 2:3 Arsenal, Skrtel, 37, 51; Torosidis 15, Chamakh 81, 85. Arsenal should have been out of sight by halftime, but decided to try and tip toe the ball into the net instead of shooting when they had early chances. It was pretty much the Bolton match reversed, but two headers from Skrtel but just before halftime and the other just after it led me to believe that I was going to grab an undeserved victory. Chamakh popped up nine times front time with a placed shot which probably would have left both clubs with a deserved point for the second half, a save from a Walcott shot put the ball in his path with an empty net for the third. Despite his two goals Skrtel was also given a straight red card in this match in the 87th minute, which made me laugh because he was still voted Liverpool's best player

League Cup

Liverpool 2:0 Norwich Suso 13, Carroll 46. All the highly rated youngsters and spearing got a chance to shine here, and again they didn't do too badly. Even though it was only against Norwich the risk was greater than Hereford getting an upset against me, thankfully that didn't happen as you often see when you rest key players. Suso started off the scoring with a header from a freekick provided by Shelvey, and Carroll added the second just after halftime with what the report said was a decent effort from inside the area. Sadly though after playing some part in every game thus far, he only has two goals. An improvement is needed by the big man to stay for the second season

October

Premier League

Liverpool 3:0 Aston Villa; Gerrard 42, 66 (pen), Carroll 75. This was my first match with only one striker, since Bellamy and Kuyt are more attacking midfielders these days. The match was amazingly onesided, and it was a pleasant surprise considering this was Gerrard's first start since the injury he starts the game with. His first goal was reminiscent of the Gerrard of the 08-09 season with a give and go from Carroll, the second was from the penalty spot after getting hacked down. Carroll had a good match here and scored a well placed finish after being set up from Kuyt. With 20 shots and 64% possession the score probably could and should have been more

Liverpool 4:1 Newcastle, Gerrard 18, Skrtel 31, Kuyt 68 (pen), 71 (pen); Skrtel 27 (og). This match was more famous for Newcastle picking up 7 yellow cards and one red even though they only committed 7 fouls. Odd since the game usually gives the players a bit of leeway on the fouls/card situation. Gerrard gave Liverpool an early lead with a strike from the edge of the box, and despite only two starts at this point he was joint top scorer for me. Skrtel knocked the ball past Reina from a corner giving Newcastle their goal but quickly redeemed himself 4 minutes later from a Liverpool corner. The man is a beast. Kuyt finished the scoring with two penalites, though I'm not sure why since Gerrard was on the pitch and he's my first penalty taker.

Liverpool 2:1 Fulham Gerrard 21, Carroll 92; Pogrebnyak 69. Gerrard continued this comeback from injury in this match by scoring this fourth goal in as many matches, this is one of the major reasons why I enjoy playing a 4-2-3-1 with him as the AMC for the first few seasons until he becomes a bench player. Though the match was end to end and more clinical strikers probably would have had a field day with the poor defending on show at both ends of the field. Pavel gave Fulham their goal from closer to the halfway line than Reina's goal, I think him standing on the spot as carried over from real life. I was more than content with accepting a point here, as it just didn't seem to be my way, low and behold Carroll popped up with a curled finish in the 92 minute after a good pass from Sterling.

Liverpool 1:2 Man City; Suarez 54; Aguero 1, Dzeko 8. When I went into the match I was expecting much from it, City are sitting comforably at the top of the table, while I'm fifth and could drop to eighth once everyone plays their game in hand. My concerns were increased when I saw they were using a narrow 4-2-3-1 with Danny, who they always ****ing buy, Aguero and Tevez in the three AMC positions just behind Dzeko. Two nil down inside ten minutes and my pass completion was around the 20% mark, I quickly changed my formation to the 4-3-3 and found my three center midfielders countered their trio of AMC enough to get me back in the game when Suarez cored 35 minutes from time. I picked up a fine in this match for having 8 players booked and Adam sent off for not knowing how to tackle.

League Cup

Liverpool 3:2 Newcastle. Sterling 11, Suarez 55, Bellamy 88; Cisse 45, Coates 84 (og). This match took place after the Fulham game, and despite how happy I was with some players there I decided a lot of changes were needed. Primarily I handed Suarez his first start since coming back from injury, as well as Sterling, Suso, Shelvey, Flanagan and Coates all playing. Robinson would have played too, but he was on holiday. The tricky left winger in the making got me off to a great start, scoring from just past the penalty spot, if he keeps up like this he'll be voted my young player of the year. Cisse got a goal just on halftime, but I wasn't too worried because they were going back to their goal more than mine. When Suarez got the second I made the mistake of thinking the match was over, even with so much time left, simply because Newcastle weren't threatening me anywhere near enough. A host of changes was typically followed by them coming back into the game, Coates' own goal had me thinking that it was going to extra time and penalties. Not a good thing considering all the kids I had out. In the end though Bellamy managed to save my.

Overall thoughts

I'm more than happy with the month and how it ended, my only loss came to City who I didn't the team could beat just yet anyway. Carroll has played quite well too this month too, he managed to get two goals, an assist and generally played good when Suarez was out. His performances has boosted his rating back to a potential 3 and a half stars, from the two and a half they dropped to last month

I've finally got my squad looking the way I like. Just been taken over by a tycoon headed by Sander Westerveld(!). Finished my third season, taking my first trophy on the way (FA Cup). My squad now looks like this:

1 Joe Hart

2 Martin Montoya

3 Jose Enrique

4 McDonald Mariga

5 Danny Wilson

6 Seb Coates

7 Luis Suarez

8 Steven Gerrard

9 Zlatan Ibrahimovic

10 Eden Hazard

11 Neymar

12 Oscar Izquierdo (CB regen 1.5* CA/4* PA)

13 Jack Butland

15 Rafael Toloi

16 Gael Kakuta

19 Iker Muniain

20 Zakaria Labyad

21 Steven Caulker

22 Didacus Okuka (RB/LB regen 1.5*/4*)

26 Erik Lamela

27 Javier Pastore

34 Martin Kelly

38 Sinan Bolat

48 Lorenzo Crisetig

49 Jack Robinson

I've used pre-season to try a 3-3-4-0 formation I developed before I had to completely format my hard-drive. The line up is basically this:

Sweeper Keeper (Hart, Sinan Bolat)

CD © (Kelly, Caulker)

BPD (X) (Coates, Izquierdo)

CD © (Wilson, Toloi)

RWB (A) (Montoya, Okuka)

DM (S) (Mariga, Crisetig)

LWB (A) (Enrique, Robinson)

RAM (A)

AM (A)

Treq (A)

LAM (A)

The attacking players are any four from Suarez, Gerrard, Ibra, Hazard, Neymar, Kakuta, Muniain, Labyad, Lamela and Pastore. My first choice will probably be Hazard, Pastore, Ibra, Neymar. The wingers are set to cut inside.

Anyway, that's my squad. The board actually expects me to win things this season, and I realistically should do that.

I've finally got my squad looking the way I like. Just been taken over by a tycoon headed by Sander Westerveld(!). Finished my third season, taking my first trophy on the way (FA Cup). My squad now looks like this:

1 Joe Hart

2 Martin Montoya

3 Jose Enrique

4 McDonald Mariga

5 Danny Wilson

6 Seb Coates

7 Luis Suarez

8 Steven Gerrard

9 Zlatan Ibrahimovic

10 Eden Hazard

11 Neymar

13 Jack Butland

15 Rafael Toloi

16 Gael Kakuta

19 Iker Muniain

20 Zakaria Labyad

21 Steven Caulker

26 Erik Lamela

27 Javier Pastore

34 Martin Kelly

38 Sinan Bolat

48 Lorenzo Crisetig

49 Jack Robinson

I've used pre-season to try a 3-3-4-0 formation I developed before I had to completely format my hard-drive. The line up is basically this:

Sweeper Keeper (Hart, Sinan Bolat)

CD © (Kelly, Caulker)

BPD (X) (Coates, Izquierdo)

CD © (Wilson, Toloi)

RWB (A) (Montoya, Okuka)

DM (S) (Mariga, Crisetig)

LWB (A) (Enrique, Robinson)

RAM (A)

AM (A)

Treq (A)

LAM (A)

The attacking players are any four from Suarez, Gerrard, Ibra, Hazard, Neymar, Kakuta, Muniain, Labyad, Lamela and Pastore. My first choice will probably be Hazard, Pastore, Ibra, Neymar. The wingers are set to cut inside.

Anyway, that's my squad. The board actually expects me to win things this season, and I realistically should do that.

Surprised Liverpool get bought out in this game and so early too. I know they were regularly bought out by tycoons in FM 2010

November

Premier league

Liverpool 5:0 Swansea, Maxi 3, 56, 79, Gerrard 9, Suarez 45. The match was over a halftime, and despite Swansea currently being 9th in the league it would have been something for them to turn the match around in the second half. If there was any doubt about the result Maxi ended it 11 minutes into the second half when he scored his second goal, 23 minutes after that he added his third to bag his hat trick.

Liverpool 3:0 Stoke, Kuyt 68, Suarez 74, Downing 82. The match had all the signs of falling into a bore draw, despite having over double the possession stoke did, it was simply one of those matches were you can't seem to score. Then in a fourteen minute burst, twenty two minutes from time, my attacking players clicked and managed to score three goals. The game was probably more notable for the fact that there wasn't a single foul committed by either team, something that was bizarre considering I was playing Stoke.

Liverpool 3:1 Norwich, Suarez 5, 38, 56; Johnson 49 (og). Two hat tricks in the space of three league games for two different players isn't something you see all that often at the start of the game for Liverpool. Suarez continued to show that he can play either as a lone striker, as the AMC or in either pushed up winger position and win you games on his own. Johnson's own goal just after halftime was annoying, but it seems my players have a habit of scoring them :rolleyes:

League Cup

Liverpool 1:2 West Brom, Suarez 55; Peter 15, Long 75. Playing the youngsters finally came back to bite me on the ass, but with how they've played whenever I picked them in league matches, and in the other league cup games, I don't think I could have been blamed too much. More than anything I think forgetting to change Doni's role to Goal Keeper from Sweeper Keeper played a part here, since he isn't good enough at playing Reina's role. Again Suarez got himself on the score sheet after starting the match from the bench.

Thoughts

This month made it difficult to drop him to the bench in order to give Carroll game time, even though the latter still played some part in every match this month, starting two and being subbed on in the other two, he didn't make an impact and lost any momentum he had built up in October. Interestingly I think my higher goal return in the league matches this month came from using a series of touchline shots that are loaded up each game in the team-talk section.

December

Premier league

Liverpool 3:0 QPR; Kuyt 30 Gerrard 41 (pen), Carroll 84. A nice return to winning ways after being knocked out of the league cup, a lot of the fringe players like Downing and Bellamy were dropped as well as the kids. Unfair maybe but after the defeat to West Brom I wanted to make sure the three points were picked up here. Gerrard and Kuyt gave me a two goal lead heading into halftime and showed that the 4-2-3-1 probably brings out the best in both of them, especially with Kuyt playing on the left of the 3, as either an inside forward or winger with instructions to cut inside. Carroll scored the third goal six minutes from time with a tidy finish from around the penalty spot.

Liverpool 2:1 Wigan; Maxi 6, Bellamy 91; Beausejour 28. A scrappy match like I've said all too often so far, and one I expected to walk considering Wigan are currently 16th with only three wins all season. Maxi is another player showing his class playing anywhere across the 3 behind the sole striker in my formation, with Gerrard's return a few months ago, Maxi was pushed to the AMR slot, but has proven to be just as good from there. Wigan's goal was probably deserved on the whole of things, as annoying as that it and once again I was expecting a point from the game, but Bellamy popped up in injury time to give me the winner. Not bad for a player who usually gets their game time coming off the bench.

Liverpool 1:0 Everton; Carroll 68. One of the two matches I want to win more than anything even in this game, Everton's variation on a strikerless formation with Cahill up top stopped them from attacking my goal for most of the match since he kept dropping deeper and deeper to get the ball. Carroll was brought on at halftime for Suarez who wasn't having the best of games, and ended up having the most shots and most shots on target too. He got the single goal 22 minutes from time with a well taken shot.

Liverpool 3:3 West Brom; Carroll 65, 66, Foster 86 (og); Brunt 17, Odemwingie 45, 93. I've never seen a 4-2-3-1 picked apart by a 4-4-2 so easily and by such a crappy team like it was in this game during the first half. Though I didn't learn from my last time playing them and had Sterling, Suso and Shelvey all starting. Three changes at halftime and a formation swap to my own 4-4-2 brought me straight back into the game, two goals by Carroll in the space of a minute was a sight to see, especially since Suarez made both off them after coming off the bench. When Foster put the ball into hos own net with only four minutes to go I thought it was all over, but Owemwingie scored in the third minute of added time, even though there was only meant to have been one.

Liverpool 1:0 Sunderland; Gerrard 23. I kept the 4-4-2 in this match after the way it nearly paid off against West Brom, and I forgot why I rarely used it as Liverpool. The wingers they have at the start of the game are really good enough to drive at the opposition from a deeper position. Luckily Gerrard spared my blushes when he scored the only goal of the game half way through the first half.

Halfway point thoughts

Overall I'm quite happy with the way things are going, I said I could qualify for the CL this season and I'm currently on course to do that with 41 points from 18 games which has be sitting in 4th place with two games in hand over the top three as well. The board has asked me if I want to change my goal to title challeneger/winner but I've turned it down for now, because all it takes is a serious injury to Suarez or Carroll and I'd need to come up with a new backup formation. Despite my overall misgivings about Carroll in this thread as a whole, although I have nothing against him personally, I've found him playing very well for me so far this season having been given an average rating of 6.9 so far. While it isn't a great rating on a whole, for a player who doesn't have the best attributes I think it's good enough for him.

Goal scorers, appearances, assists

Also for the halfway point I've decided to put down how my team is doing in terms of best goal scorers, most assists and how many appearances they've made. No surprise as to who's at the top;

Suarez 11 starts, 7 subs, 10 goals 2 assists. Most of his sub appearances were in the league cup, so his goal record is better than it actually looks so far.

Carroll 12 starts, 9 subs, 8 goals 4 assists. Better than the best return I've had from Carroll after a full season, never mind the halfway point, he started the four league cup games and two of his goals are from there. 6 goals in 17 league matches, 8 of which were starts is better than I thought I'd end up with from the entire season from him. With 4 assists only one attacking player has made more goals than him so far. If he can reach 15 goals overall this season and double his assist tally the chances are I'll be keeping him next year

Kuyt 14 starts, 3 subs, 7 goals, 4 assists. More often than not Kuyt starts as my AML as I've said before, with both my pushed up wingers being told to cut inside he favors being played on the left more, so he can use his stronger foot for shooting. Averaging a goal every other time he starts and an assist roughly every four matches hes doing well, if I can get his wages down he'll be kept on next season

Gerrard 13 starts, 1 sub, 7 goals, 3 assists. I dont think much needs to be said about Gerrard, he missed the first few months because of the injury that he starts the game with, so it's a very good return I think even if I'd expect more assists from him. All of his goals have come in the league, as has all of his starts, only having made one sub appearance in the league cup. With how injury prone he is, I doubt he'll be starting the FA cup matches either.

Maxi 14 starts, 0 subs, 6 goals, 7 assists. One of the few players so far this season not to have been used as a sub, and he's very rarely let me down either. he started the season as my AMC in Gerrard's absence were he proved to be more of a creator than finisher there. With the Liverpool captain returning to the first team Maxi was moved out to the AMR position were he found his scoring boots in later matches. Creating a goal every other match and scoring just less than that, he'll easily be earning himself a new contract once the season is over

January

Premier league

Liverpool 1:0 Man Utd; Carroll 94. More than happy with this win, I honestly think Utd's use of the 4-4-2 until Ferguson retires hinders them because I've never seen them do well with it on this game, though whenever he retires they go **** so that's always fun. There were actual clear cut chances in this match, so that was an improvement over the one earlier in the season. Carroll continues to prove me wrong in this save file, something that has never happened before. I'm shocked and pleased at him doing so well.

Liverpool 3:1 Blackburn; Enrique 21, Gerrard 43, Henderson 46; Rochina 12. A good win against one of the worst teams in the league, Blackburn were knocked from pillar to post in the match, and honestly I wouldn't have thought they deserved the one goal they got either. It was a match of firsts for both Enrique and Henderson when they got their goals for me.

Liverpool 3:3 Wolves; Skrtel 5, 66, Suarez 9; Doyle 16, 50, Fletcher 32. Probably one of the most even matches I've seen in my game, possession was near enough 50/50 and shots on target was almost the same too. I did have a couple of kids out in this match for the experience factor, and they did well enough, most notably Suso who is brilliant in the AMC role. Skrtel scored two goals for me taking his total to five for the season so far, and that puts him sixth as my best goal scorer too ahead of people like Downing and Bellamy. Once again both defenses seemed to die during this match, and the goal keeping on show wasn't much better.

FA cup

Liverpool 3:1 Reading; 8, 44, Suso 83; Harte 30 (pen). This match took place after the Utd game, so I had no reason to drop Carroll after he scored the winner there. Apart from him, there were no other first team players who got involved in the game, Suso added the third 7 minutes from time, and both he and Shelvey dictated the game form their midfield positions, whereas Sterling showed that while he has potential he's too raw to play anything other than the cup matches. Their goal came through a penalty so I can't fault Doni for that, especially since I've seen shootouts were the Keeper doesn't save a single one on this game.

Liverpool 2:1 Arsenal; Suarez 42, 45; Reina 6 (og). I wasn't looking forward to this match at all when I saw the draw, after my previous match with Arsenal I thought they were going to destroy him with the ball. When Reina put the ball in the back of the net it seemed more than likely too, Suarez was more than happy to come to the rescue though, and two goals just before halftime gave me a lead that we managed to keep to put Liverpool through to the next round of the cup, were I'll be playing Wolves. I expect another game of **** defence in that one

1 Joe Hart

2 Martin Montoya

3 Jose Enrique

4 McDonald Mariga

5 Danny Wilson

6 Seb Coates

7 Luis Suarez

8 Steven Gerrard

9 Zlatan Ibrahimovic

10 Eden Hazard

11 Neymar

13 Jack Butland

15 Rafael Toloi

16 Gael Kakuta

19 Iker Muniain

20 Zakaria Labyad

21 Steven Caulker

26 Erik Lamela

27 Javier Pastore

34 Martin Kelly

38 Sinan Bolat

48 Lorenzo Crisetig

49 Jack Robinson

Should wipe the floor with that squad tbh.

Just beat Fulham at home, Riise got sent off, a bit gutted for him!

February

Premier league

Liverpool 3:1 Bolton; Gerrard 3 (pen), Kuyt 18, Maxi 45; Sanli 31. The month started off pretty well with a good win against Bolton, and the usual players getting on the score sheet. The early penalty by Gerrard was a nice start to the match, and Kuyt doubling the lead fifteen minutes later was even better. Bolton scoring wasn't too much of a surprise considering how this month went for me in the end, luckily Maxi grabbed the third and last goal just on halftime to end the match.

Liverpool 2:0 Spurs. Gerrard 22, Bellamy 60. Gerrard again started the scoring here, this time from a freekick which was surprising since its rare I see them going directly in on this game. At 31 he's still showing why he's Liverpool's best midfielder player at the club, and the free role that his AMC position has been given lets him roam around the pitch to his heart's content. Bellamy grabbed the second goal after coming off the bench, with a decent enough strike from the right wing, though given his age/wage I doubt he'll be kept during the summer.

Liverpool 0:3 Aston Villa; Bent 30, Agbonlahor 70, Petrov 72. This was were my luck ran out for this month, and it was a case of everything that could go wrong did. The passes weren't finding the right players, shoots were miles off target and every tackle seemed like it was a foul for them. Three breaks gave Villa their three goals, but considering thats how they play in real life anyway it wasn't too surprising thats what they looked for here. Reina and my defence was annoying in this match though, there were points when they were all over the place and not picking up players. Again I got to see Reina run miles out of his goal for the second and third like a puppy chasing a ball.

Liverpool 1:1 Arsenal Gerrard 8; Vermaelen 45. Coming into this match morale couldn't have been lower if I'd turned up to the players homes and beat the with a baseball bat repeatedly. And it showed with another **** poor performance by the team I sent out. Gerrard scored a fluky goal in the 8th minute that should have gone down as an own goal more than anything else, then Arsenal grabbed an equalizer just before halftime. I guess that goal was what set the tone for the second half, and in the end the match was even worse than the Villa one.

FA Cup

Liverpool 1:3 Wolves. Bellamy 1; Doyle 18, 44, 51. This match took place between the Villa and Arsenal game, and it was the second of 3 bad matches in a row so far. Bellamy grabbed the first goal in about thirty seconds which made me think things were going to go well, but after that things just got worse and worse. Doni seemed to take a page out of Reina's book as of late and was out of position for every goal they scored, for the second Doyle had no right to score it from the position he was in, but he had one of those games were everything he did turned to gold.

By the end of the month neither of my two strikers had either scored or set a goal up for me :rolleyes:

Youth intake time which for some reason I always enjoy, even though with Liverpool it usually takes a few years of upgrading to start getting good players.

First season in and I picked up only one good player

kevinticehurstoverviewp.png

He doesn't look much but apparently he has 4 star potential as a poacher, guess I'll see how he develops

March

Premier league

Liverpool 1:3 Fulham; Coates 66; Progbnyak 1, Dempsey 20, Ruiz 63. By bad form continued into the start of March taking me to four games in a row without a win, an sent my teams morale to abysmal, even a team meeting didn't improve it as only one player reacted positively to what was said, and Gerrard claimed me saying don't ruin all the hard work was a harsh thing to say. It was a match that by the time the second goal was scored it was all over, things were that bad that three minutes before Dempsey's goal Gerrard had a **** poor penalty saved and then spooned the rebound over the bar and miles wide. Coates' goal was a nice consolation for him but nothing more.

Liverpool 1:0 Newcastle; Downing 48. It was only here that I realised what the problem might have been, I had been forgetting to load up my team shouts or whatever they've been made, that had served me so well throughout the months prior. Once I loaded them up at the start of the match the difference was startling compared to the previous four matches. Liverpool managed 22 shots and prevented Newcastle from having a single one, and in the end had 71% possession which I was shocked at. It wasn't a total turn around however as Gerrard missed his second penalty in as many games at the 60th minute. Downing's goal luckily came before that, after Krul smacked Kuyt's shot directly into his path with an open goal in front of him.

Liverpool 2:1 Man City; Skrtel 16, Kuyt 45 (pen); Ballotelli 88. After a series of bad matches and missing his last two penalties Gerrard was dropped from this game. Perhaps it was harsh but I was sick of seeing him do nothing in the previous matches, and it paid off here. Skrtel started the scoring when he netted his sixth of the season after 16 minutes, again from a corner, with Kuyt knocking the penalty in just before halftime. Some nerves seeped in when Balotelli scored, but luckily it was too little too late by him and City.

Liverpool 2:0 Swansea; Kuyt 13, Suarez 55. Team morale was finally flying high again after winning the last two games. Kuyt though not the best player going and someone I don't personally rate got things going with a smack from just inside the box. I did think Swansea would come back as I find a 4-3-3 is difficult to play against unless you swap to the same formation. Suarez added the second, seconds after I had set my substitutions and was awaiting the next pause in play, as luck would have it, it was going to be him coming off for Carroll before he scored. The goal was much needed though because he'd gone 10 hours without scoring before it, sadly the same thing can be said for Carroll who has plummeted back to a 2 star player

enjoying the posts. Wish i had time to do comprehensive reports on my game.

Anyway thought i'd share probably the best regen i've ever managed. Signed him for 2.5m in 2014

Gogna.jpg

Never had anyone like it in the years i've played fm. 237 goals in 248 games in all comps for me altogether. He'll break Rush's remarkable record at some stage.

Thanks guys, I got the idea off of someone doing something similar on the Arsenal board, and it seemed a bit more interesting to have a little report for the matches, even if it does take awhile to write it out haha.

@Webby123, that's an amazing regen you've got there. I've noticed that you can always buy better ones, than what you bring through your own youth intake

April

Premier league

Liverpool 3:2 Stoke; Suarez 11, 38, Maxi 20; Jones 23, 31. An exciting match on a whole, in a way I was both happy and annoyed it all happened in the first half, because if Stoke had scored their second goal in the second half chances are I would have thrown the monitor out the window in annoyance. Suarez continued to show his magic when he scored two goals, and Maxi is still pushing me for that new contract, the only problem is his wages. Jones pulled back two for Stoke to my annoyance, but they were both well taken goals. When his second went it, I didn't see Liverpool turning it around, because of how quickly I've noticed their morale dropping in this game.

Liverpool 2:2 Norwich; Suarez 1, Gerrard 14; Holt 25, Kelly 96 (og). By the looks of things he has a new lease of life after going ten hours without getting a goal, Suarez started things nearly straight from the kick off, and Gerrard added the second on the fifteen minute mark. I was expecting a whitewash after the first two goals, but like most matches I've played here I can't keep hold of a lead for some reason. Holt scored one around halfway through the first half to give me a little scare, and with the whistle about to be blown Kelly had the great idea of smacking the ball past his own keeper......:rolleyes:

Liverpool 2:2 QPR; Gerrard 13, Carroll 94; Hall 9, Zamora 23. Annoying, annoying, annoying. With the amount of silly points dropped the race for the 4th spot in the league was falling out of my control and it was because of matches like this. When QPR got the first goal it just seemed like it was going to be one of those days, Gerrard struck back four minutes later getting his two penalty misses out of his system, but sadly QPR hit back ten minutes later. If I didn't know he was an amazing keeper I'd be throwing Reina out the club in the summer, for the amount of **** mistakes he's made this season. After cosigning myself to defeat at the hands of a club who plays Joey ****ing Barton, the big man managed to grab an equalizer for me in added time.

Liverpool 0:2 Spurs; Adebayor 3, 45. ARGH!!! Never in the game from start to finish, it's always fun when you score so early, but whenever I concede this early the game follows a path. Adebayor made a show of my defence for pace for the first goal, and scored a great header for the second too. I knew it was a bad game when at halftime my assistant manager said most of the squad were in danger of being booked. A change in formation and 3 subs for the second half did nothing to stop me from losing this match.

Liverpool 2:0 West Brom; Maxi 20, Carroll 74. I'd like to call it a routine victory but with the way this season has gone, it wouldn't have been a massive shock to lose this match too. Maxi got things moving and scored his ninth goal of the season on the twentieth minute of the match, which was also his ninth league goal too seeing as I don't play him in the cups. Carroll scored the second 16 minutes from time, to continue his impressive season for the club, even though his potential is still resting at two and a half stars he's proved me wrong this save that he plays crap in every Liverpool FM game.

May

Premier League

Liverpool 0:1 Everton; Pineaar 42. No, no and no a-****ing-again. Apart from Utd these are the only team I hate getting beat by. The only plus was that it wasn't Cahill with the damn goal. Like all derby matches it wasn't the best of games, players were too interested in killing one another than actually scoring a goal. For the second time this season I picked up a fine for having so many players booked, but if fairness I put that down to having Charlie Adam in my team. Despite my best efforts, my strikers/attacking players refused to put the ball in the net. I suppose it makes a change from them putting it in my net anyway.

Liverpool 2:1 Sunderland; Shelvey 45 (pen), Downing 57; Shikabala 90. Wooo the season is over with this match, and fittingly Shelvey scored his first goal in the league this season for me. The youngster has easily got a good future ahead of him if he keeps this up, having played 16 matches overall for the club this season, though a lot of them were cup games. Downing added the second to ensure all three points went to Liverpool this game, though I'm not all that happy with the left winger seeing as he was outscored my Martin Skrtel this season..........Sunderland grabbed one back just on full time, luckily the whistle went as soon as we kicked off again, so I didn't have to worry about them getting a second and stealing a point from me

End of season thoughts

I told the club I'd get them back in the Champions League, and thats what I did by finishing 4th on the last day of the season, at the expense of Utd, lets all take a minute to laugh here shall we. Up until February the club was challenging for the league and hadn't been beaten in 11 matches on the bounce, sadly after that month inconsistency showed itself in very damn game, and the team never got back into the flow of things. The shocks of the season was Everton, yes Everton finishing 3rd and getting an automatic CL place......:eek: if that wasn't insane enough West Brom won both the league and FA cups, on their way to a top 6 finish.

Suarez as expected was my leading goal scorer with 17 in total, 13 of them came in the league so a little disappointing I guess, seeing as how I've had him score 20+ plus in the first season before. Andy Carroll was a massive shock to me, netting 15 times over the course of the season, 11 in the league so he came pretty damn close to the goal I set for him to stay in my squad at the halfway point. It'd be a little harsh to sell him after a good season for him, so he has a place in the squad for next year. Gerrard and Kuyt joined the double figures table with 13 and 12 goals each, which isn't a bad return to them, Kuyt isn't the best of players and only reached that by playing nearly every game for me, seeing as my alternative was Downing. Gerrard did quite well too, seeing as 4 of his goals were penalties, he would have scored 13 goals if it wasn't for his missed two. Maxi was another great player this season, scoring 9 league goals, but setting up another 12. He was by far my best creative player on the pitch, and unless I find a great young winger will have a place in the 18 man match day squad next season. Lastly for the goal scorers, it has to be said, Martin Skrtel will ****ing kill you. 6 goals all from corners this season, and the best shots on target ratio too.

That being said, my summer plans firstly are to cut the massive wage bill down. On one of those menu screens it came up that Liverpool's wage bill was 77m a season, making it the third highest in the league. Wow :eek: that needs to come right down seeing as both Utd and Arsenal are considerably less than that, even though I need to buy players, I'll be selling a lot of the average ones first that are on stupid amounts of money. I checked earlier and Aquilani, Cole, Downing and Adam cost around 16m a season in wages on this game, if I can get them out of the squad and buy some good players on less wages I'll be happy

Archived